driver speaker blown

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 11:50 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
driver speaker blown

Hey guys i think my speaker on the lower driver side door is blown, it rattles bad with pretty much any song. i never really even take the volume higher than 20 mostly kept around 10. Any of you guys have had the same problem?
Old 11-16-2009, 01:57 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
is ur car under warranty? if so take it back and let them fix it. could be loose connections in the area......
Old 11-16-2009, 10:52 AM
Advanced

Take it to the dealer and they will replace it. I have had 2 speakers blow already in my 09 tech. There has been a big issue with them, they should have recalled them.
Old 11-16-2009, 04:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 542 Likes on 350 Posts
Originally Posted by bjohnston115
Take it to the dealer and they will replace it. I have had 2 speakers blow already in my 09 tech. There has been a big issue with them, they should have recalled them.
AMEN! I have had/am having nothing but problems with my TSX Tech speakers:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=738054&page=2

No Acura models are safe apparently! If this continues over the years, I will NOT be buying another Acura...

Old 11-29-2009, 09:45 PM
9th Gear

I had the same problem with mine -- a 3 months after I drove it off of the lot. I just attributed it to my 'testing' of the audio system. When I mentioned this to the tech at the dealer, he did not appear to be too surprised, and fixed it without question!
Old 11-30-2009, 05:26 AM
WTH happened to my garage

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts
I'm on my second complete set, and now they are ready to be replaced again.

I'm getting Boston Acoustics or Focals, to hell with it.

In my experience, they replace them under warranty, then send the car to the detail shop where those nitiwts blow them before I take delivery.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:22 PM
Intermediate

i took it too the dealer and they agreed to replace it since it was blown. i have a 2010 tsx loaner now since they are also fixing the pinging on the car. the sound system is brand new and sound phenomenal compared to mine the one noticeable thing is that i think my sub might also be blown since it rattles more than it creats bass.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by HeavyDuty
I'm on my second complete set, and now they are ready to be replaced again.

I'm getting Boston Acoustics or Focals, to hell with it.

In my experience, they replace them under warranty, then send the car to the detail shop where those nitiwts blow them before I take delivery.
UGH, man, so sorry to hear! The front passenger side they just replaced a month ago is starting to sound crappy here and there again ALREADY. My two rear doors still need to be replaced because, quite honestly, I just haven't cared enough to inconvenience myself yet again for this crap and I'll get to it when I get to it...I've been traveling a lot but I'll have time next week to take it in. The dealership did order the speakers and they are in, waiting for me...

My brakes are acting up now and I think that I may have the patented Honda/Acura rotor issues, as there is no way I should be feeling what I feel when I brake w/ only 11,000 miles on the car...NO WAY!

The car drives nice, many of the features are great and when she is on, she is ON! But overall the whole experience has left me sour and I am already looking at and considering other manufacturers for my next purchase. And therein lies the problem: I kept my last car (a Honda) for 11+ years and would rather hold on to a car for some time. I've had this car for 1 year in Feb. and I am already itching for a replacement...that should tell you a lot...
Old 12-13-2009, 10:57 AM
Three Wheelin'

Just a quick update that I had my two rear door speakers replaced and the system sounds AMAZING again! I learned to tune out the crappy speakers but damn, I didn't realize just how badly they were ruining things.

And not that I am 100% sold on this theory because of the noises the speakers produced, but the service dept. said that they are finding that it appears to be the way the speakers are mounted vs. the actual speakers themselves.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:42 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
it looks like its all happening to the tech ones..my base is fine. but then again. i jsut keep mine at 10 all the time.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:21 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This seems to be a problem with the 2G TSX and it is one that Honda does not seem interested in fixing. I'm going in on Thursday to have both front door speakers replaced. My wife's car which is a Premium hasn't had any issues and she listens to her music louder then me.

Go figure. I see a Nissan/Infinity in my near future.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:19 AM
D

Every door speaker in my TSX has blown. Driver door was replaced twice, driver side rear door is the last one that needs to be replaced. Just holding off until the next oil change. The sound of blown speakers is so annoying.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Instructor

My car is going in next week for the driver door speaker replaced for the second time, as well as the rotors for warping, the second time. I feel you pain ESHBG!
Old 01-04-2010, 06:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 09TSXMN
My car is going in next week for the driver door speaker replaced for the second time, as well as the rotors for warping, the second time. I feel you pain ESHBG!
Oh damn sorry to hear this, and good luck! And hey, did you happen to see the latest issue w/ my sound system? The XM Note feature doesn't work, and some research showed others w/ this issue and it ended up being a bad module that needed to be replaced:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...t=note+feature

Sometimes I feel like my car will never be right and there will always be SOMETHING wrong somewhere...as soon as one problem is corrected, another springs up...
Old 01-05-2010, 12:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
I just got my driver door speaker replaced today. every other speaker is fine.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I already have 3 speakers replaced so its international problem I really dont want to change speakers to something more powerfull. Its a history when I was driving with big jbl box in the trunk and I really dont want to return to them
Old 01-08-2010, 05:01 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so wut does a blow speaker sound like? does it just rattle? does it squeak? does it go away and come back sometimes?
Old 01-15-2010, 02:47 PM
5th Gear

New to this site - speaker issues among other things led me here. Both speakers blown and replaced and now issue is Bluetooth distortion - only when the car is moving. Very strange.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by aeropr
New to this site - speaker issues among other things led me here. Both speakers blown and replaced and now issue is Bluetooth distortion - only when the car is moving. Very strange.
Cam you be a little more specific? The reason why I am asking is because my car suddenly started a few weeks ago a very "buzzy" sound when using the BT. It is really bad when the car is moving and when the person is talking. For lack of a better way to describe it, it is almost as if you had a blown tweeter that vibrates at certain higher notes (but it's not the tweeters as far as I can tell, as the music seems to be okay). The only thing I can think of (and a little trial and error didn't seem to prove either way unfortunately) is that the colder weather is making the plastic harder, and in turn it is vibrating and rattling when people are talking and you are hitting those frequencies.

Man, I hate to sound like a broken record here but I am VERY disappointed w/ the electronics in this car.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not sure if I'am experiencing the speaker blown problem on my TSX 09 tech that is around 8k miles now. I just noticed the problem started happening a few weeks ago, the bass seems really loud, and the music does not sound clear anymore. I tried lowering the bass even put it on negative still i get lot of bass and the clarity of the songs are gone. The songs do not even have that much bass but its like really noticable loud thud noise? I turned off SVC and the dolby digital as well. Do you guys think this is blown issue, that is the bass being too loud and overpowering the vocals and the music quality not being clear like it was when i bought the car new?

Thanks,

win2k8
Old 01-17-2010, 05:05 PM
5th Gear

Fuzzy BT

Originally Posted by ESHBG
Cam you be a little more specific? The reason why I am asking is because my car suddenly started a few weeks ago a very "buzzy" sound when using the BT. It is really bad when the car is moving and when the person is talking. For lack of a better way to describe it, it is almost as if you had a blown tweeter that vibrates at certain higher notes (but it's not the tweeters as far as I can tell, as the music seems to be okay). The only thing I can think of (and a little trial and error didn't seem to prove either way unfortunately) is that the colder weather is making the plastic harder, and in turn it is vibrating and rattling when people are talking and you are hitting those frequencies.

Man, I hate to sound like a broken record here but I am VERY disappointed w/ the electronics in this car.
+++
Same here. Sounds like a blown tweeter. Already had both door speakers replaced (they were blown) and the passenger side tweeter. Still does it. Gonna try another TSX at the dealer tomorrow. I can hear it on some music but not as bad as before they replaced the speakers. Volume is about 20-25 on Bluetooth. It is only when I am moving.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Intermediate

Add us to the list - passenger side door speaker was blown when we took delivery of our 2009 TSX Tech. But it took a while to convince the dealer it was blown and the surround system makes it difficult to pinpoint as well. Only fuzzed up with certain speaking voices and songs - had to actually note a track on a CD where it was most obvious - and then they ordered the speaker (which had to come from Japan or something) and fixed it. I figure the courier who drove it between dealers probably popped it. Now I'm worried about the other door speaker!
Old 03-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to the club of Acura doesn't give a shit. LOL. Seriously, I'm having my sixth speaker replaced. What's the point in replacing speakers if they are just throwing the same shit back in the car.

I wonder if it's a faulty amp.

I PMed Charles at Acura of Lynwood since he offered to help with any questions we may have. I'm not sure there is an end in sight though. If this has been carried on into the 2010 model year, it's doubtful Honda gives two shits.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
Same here drive speaker blown first took it in they replaced it now rear driver side blown will be just swaping them all out for something better quality.