Changing light bulb on 2010 TSX Gear Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 05:46 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Changing light bulb on 2010 TSX Gear Shifter

My wife drives a 2010 TSX we purchased a few years ago slightly used (about 38,000 miles at the time of purchase). Now it's approaching 100,000 miles and the light bulb in the gear shifter when the lights are turned usually doesn't come on at all. Sometimes you can tap the top of the gear display cover hard to shake the bulb to come on but mostly that does not work. The local Acura dealership wants to charge about $100+ to change the bulb. However I would like to perform the work myself if I understood how to disassemble the center console area of her car. I searched for repair manuals (there are none) and looked for videos (on YouTube) or instructions here on Acurazine with no results so far. If anyone has done this bulb replacement beforehand can you provide with instructions on how to safely take apart the center console area (hopefully with a few pictures as well)? Thanks in advance for any help provided!

PS – I did some research into the Haynes Auto Repair Manuals website and noticed there are barely any Acura cars or SUV manuals available (especially after model year 2008) and there are none after model year 2012. Does anyone know what’s going on with environment for aftermarket repair manuals for Acura vehicles?
Attached Thumbnails Changing light bulb on 2010 TSX Gear Shifter-2010-acura-gear-shifter-highlighted.jpg  
Old 01-13-2017, 05:33 AM
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 87 Posts
See page 14-318 of the service manual (can be downloaded here).
It's quite an elaborate procedure and involves removing a bunch of trim.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:19 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the help TSXV6Guy. I could not download the pdf file from the link you provided due to security issues detected by Kaspersky Internet Security software but I found another one that works just fine.

http://files.clubcivicquebec.com/Man...a_TSX_2009.pdf