Air Conditioner Issue and Trim Piece ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 11:21 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool Air Conditioner Issue and Trim Piece ?

Happy Friday everyone- I have had 2 issues with my 2012 TSX, tech package as of late.

1) My air conditioner is not blowing cold based on the temperature. I usually have it on 75-77, but it blows just warm air. The A/C is on, the recycle air is on, and auto is off. I had to turn it down to like 60 to make it blow cold. This happened 3x in the last week intermittently. Any thoughts?

I just drove a 2 hour ride for travel and hosed off the front of the car as normal to get rid of love bugs all over my clear bra, and sprayed a lil in the opening by radiator to clean it off. But I cannot imagine this causing an issue.

Also, sometimes I sit on a conference call or grab a quick bite to eat and the car runs for maybe 20 mins at idle. However, I drive the car quite a bit, and take good care of it.

2) I am going to attempt to attach a pic of the gun metal color trim piece to the left of the steering wheel. There is a circle/drop of something it seems that is not wiping off, but more of a color distortion of the actual piece. It is a very small rectangle piece of this trim. Anyone else have this issue? I need like a gray marker to try and blend it back in. But I noticed, 2 other smaller places like this on other parts of those trim places.

Please note it is the smaller white dot on the bottom of both pics, the top one is just a reflection of Flash.

I use a very safe cleaner on the interior of the car and then 409 to protect from UV damage. Plus I always use a windshield reflector when parked, and all windows tinted dark, just got pulled for that last week.

Again, any help would be appreciated everyone. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Air Conditioner Issue and Trim Piece ?-pic-1.jpg   Air Conditioner Issue and Trim Piece ?-pic-2.jpg  

Last edited by IndycarFaster; 02-28-2014 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Adding pics
Old 03-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Has your vehicle ever been into a front end accident that you know of? Check to see if your radiator/air conditioning fans, a/c condenser, and compressor are all oem. If not then that might be your problem. I had a 2011 tsx that did damn near the same thing and I couldn't figure out what the hell it was for 3 days until I decided to compare the fans and condenser to a known good OEM fan and condenser and come to find out it had aftermarket shit on it...the aftermarket condenser fan had 2 extra blades and a smaller shroud on it than the OEM one. Tried the OEM fan for shits and giggles and haven't had a problem since..stupid I know lol
Old 03-01-2014, 07:37 PM
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts
I had this happen on my 09 Maxima which ended up being normal w/ cars equipped auto climate control even when in 'manual' mode. I would set it at 70 degrees but if the outside temp is 60 deg or anything below 70, hot air would come out initially. I took it in a couple of times to diff dealers and both said 'no problem found...normal auto air function detected'. The tech even came out and demonstrated it. During the afternoons when outside temp was above 70degrees, it would immediately blow cold. Not sure if its the same but I just assume it is. Havent paid much attention to it.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:56 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for info. No accident in the car ever. And bought her brand new.

Gonzo that is what dealer just told me today as well. Seems to be the thing with new cars. My old civic- no matter how hot or cold it was the air blew cold every time it was on lowest setting regardless of ambient air. I guess I have to get with the times.

By chance anyone know how to have AUto on but have the recirculate on also? As soon as u press it auto is off. Drives me crazy- I don't want to smell exhaust so that I can have my auto on all the time. The Lexus models have the choice for auto record. Or always on or off.