‘Pop the trunk...’

Old 09-03-2018, 03:04 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
‘Pop the trunk...’

So I’m having issues with the trunk. Maybe it’s just me and I’m spoiled but when I pop my trunk, it doesn’t open all the way. If that’s normal then that’s fine...but is there a way to make the trunk pop all the way open? Just annoying when I have a handful of items and have to use my hip or leg to open the trunk. Thanks for all the help in advance!
Old 09-03-2018, 08:08 PM
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
I tried to pop the trunk one time and my wife slapped me!!!

(sorry - couldn't resist)
Old 09-04-2018, 08:15 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 109 Posts
Originally Posted by gatorsxtasy
so i’m having issues with the trunk. Maybe it’s just me and i’m spoiled but when i pop my trunk, it doesn’t open all the way. If that’s normal then that’s fine...but is there a way to make the trunk pop all the way open? Just annoying when i have a handful of items and have to use my hip or leg to open the trunk. Thanks for all the help in advance!
fwiw:
Originally Posted by frankjnjr
when opening the trunk on my 03 tls, the trunk lid would "pop" up maybe 1/4 of an inch, and once fully open, would easily blow shut if hit by even a mild wind. I have been reluctant to replace the oem trunk torsion rods because they are a pain to work with. Yesterday, i found two "after market" trunk assist springs at walmart for $6.95 and decided to try them. I only installed one, on the passenger side, took less than a minute, using an existing hole as one end of the attaching point, and the torsion rod anchor mount to attach the opposite end. No tools required. Tested the trunk operation and it is perfect. Opens about 12" by itself and is not easily blown closed due to a gust of wind. I didn't install the driver's side for two reasons, 1. Trunk operates exactly the way i want it to with one assist spring. 2. The gps unit would need to be removed to install the driver side and also i was concerned that installing both springs would provide too much spring action. A cheap solution to an annoying issue.