SAVCLAUDE Mugen Cu2

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 11:32 AM
TSX AMG Type //M i-VVT

Received 856 Likes on 643 Posts
dat ass is so nice. tempted to debadge mine now. And yeah , you need bigger exhaust tips!
Old 12-31-2013, 01:45 AM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Savclaude your car is a rolling mirror. Nice detaling!
Old 01-06-2014, 06:29 PM
mugen cu2

Received 201 Likes on 142 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
dat ass is so nice. tempted to debadge mine now. And yeah , you need bigger exhaust tips!
I'm working on it I will have something pretty nice there

Originally Posted by Acura_Dude
Savclaude your car is a rolling mirror. Nice detaling!
thanks man..

I ended up upgrading the Nokya yellow bulb by the Piaa plasma ion, light output is so much nicer and brighter I will take some night shots soon

Name:  78968864-5552-4c55-8b53-418597f37201_zps159954be.jpg
Views: 2210
Size:  511.1 KB
Old 01-06-2014, 06:42 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
I thought the nokya and piaa yellow bulbs were supposed to be pretty much the same. At least that's what I think I read a long time ago.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:12 PM
mugen cu2

^^ believe me I went to 2 pairs of nokya in less then a year and for some odd reason the passenger side always give up 1st, I really didn't want to buy another pair so I ended up going with the piaa cause they are more yellow which I wanted and brighter then nokya, I bought a pair of piaa nearly 2 years ago for my accord and it is working great, so let's see what happen months from now
Old 01-06-2014, 08:33 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
My Nokya arctic white bulbs I used to have as DRL were in for like 6 months, and the Nokya yellow fogs/DRL I've had in for 8 months. All 3 sets have been fine. I guess if they ever do go out I'll replace with PIAA.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,097 Likes on 831 Posts
looks good claude.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:08 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
beautiful 2G man, looks great
Old 01-21-2014, 06:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
First off, nice looking car!

Secondly....

que?

Originally Posted by savclaude
^^ thanks guys

and more with the mugen parts

just for a little dress up I finally found the mugen coil ignition cover after looking nearly for 6 months

I am unable to find any coil cover from Mugen for this engine. Sure you got a legit part there? Link me?
Old 01-21-2014, 07:23 PM
mugen cu2

Originally Posted by asianspec
looks good claude.
thanks

Originally Posted by Dktran31
beautiful 2G man, looks great
thanks

Originally Posted by MrHeeltoe
First off, nice looking car!

Secondly....

que?
I am unable to find any coil cover from Mugen for this engine. Sure you got a legit part there? Link me?
thanks I bought it from JDMCONCEPT for the euro accord cu2 [08-12] SKU 12500-XK2B-K0S0.

Last edited by savclaude; 01-21-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:35 PM
Former Sponsor

So, I can see that part number is a previous gen ignition coil cover:
http://www.heeltoeauto.com/mugen-car...xk2b-k0s0.html

The newer K-series engine has a different design. We sell a cover for the newer engine as well. See the difference between the old:

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/fastline-...roductid=64885

And the new:

http://www.heeltoeauto.com/fastline-...roductid=64873

JDM Concept is not listing a cover for your engine:

http://www.jdmconcept.com.au/part/mu...ion-coil-cover

I would yell and scream for some money back if I was you.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:21 PM
mugen cu2

I don't see how you can say it is not listed on JDMCONCEPT when it clearly says 08-12 euro accord compatibility I even contacted James Lawson and Kim Reynolds at Nengun and they both confirm sku 12500-XK2B-K0S0 will fit my car so are all the other parts I bought from them. It's funny how I find out that some vendors were unsure about fitment for the mugen tsx kit some were even saying that some modifications may be needed but after seeing my thread they start selling them by advertising that it is a perfect fit.
The following 2 users liked this post by savclaude:
arvencu2 (01-22-2014), ssjoeboe9 (01-22-2014)
Old 01-21-2014, 11:25 PM
mugen cu2

Originally Posted by iCrap
another of dat ass shot for you

The following users liked this post:
iCrap (01-22-2014)
Old 01-22-2014, 12:56 AM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Nice car. So shiny.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:19 AM
Banned

well thanks Claude for your research cause it is listed on the heeltoe website that some modifications are needed to make the aero bumper fit properly, when you prove us all that it is a direct fit just take care of that beautiful tsx of yours.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:31 AM
mugen cu2

Well im also hoping he sells a couple now cause no one would want to spend this amount of money on a bumper that requires some modification .
Old 01-22-2014, 12:17 PM
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts
I don't see how you can say it is not listed on JDMCONCEPT when it clearly says 08-12 euro accord compatibility I even contacted James Lawson and Kim Reynolds at Nengun and they both confirm sku 12500-XK2B-K0S0 will fit my car so are all the other parts I bought from them. It's funny how I find out that some vendors were unsure about fitment for the mugen tsx kit some were even saying that some modifications may be needed but after seeing my thread they start selling them by advertising that it is a perfect fit.

Claude he is phishing you for information so he can list that cover on his website! Note the very same information I gave Scott @ King Motorsport about the front bumper is listed on heel toe....... I think they should be giving you some R&D credit.
savclaude (01-22-2014)
Old 01-22-2014, 12:40 PM
mugen cu2

Well Vic it's all good no credit is needed I'm glad that I was able to confirm the perfect fitment of the Mugen kit when some vendors could not, some changes were made about the fitment of the aero bumper on heeltoe website though their even mentioned that only the 09-10 fogs would work which was never there before and that I'm a 100 percent sure they got it all from my thread
Old 01-22-2014, 12:58 PM
Banned

Heeltoe also mentioned that the rear half bumper needed modification when I checked their web yesterday and now it is all confirmed that it would fit the US model haha they even listed the side spoiler also. I wouldn't spend a dime there.
savclaude (01-22-2014)
Old 01-22-2014, 03:01 PM
Former Sponsor

I understand you've spoken with some others on it, but I have to ask: Do you see the difference between the earlier and later coil pack covers, though? The KA4A2 and the K24Z3 DO NOT take the same coil pack covers. The bolt pattern is very different. Again, we make both so we know.

Here is a Google images search for your part number:
https://www.google.com/search?q=1250...h=993#imgdii=_

That coil pack cover in your pics sure does not look like a 12500-XK2B-K0S0. And I have never seen a plug cover like the one you have in any Mugen listing. Just because these people say it fits your car doesn't mean much. Case in point....I didn't know this aero kit fit without modification before this thread. I learned something here...I am trying to help you notice something as well you might not have...

Straight up, I can't find this plug cover in my catalogs, on Mugen's site. JDM Concept's listing says it fits "K20A | K24A engine" but that does not mean the engine in your car. The K20 takes a different cover. The 2008 Accord Euro IS a CU2 and DOES have a K24, but clearly, the coil pack cover for the older K24 and your K24 are different. JDMC also says a Spoon plug cover fits, but it won't either.

Just to be sure, I sent off an email to King Motorsports to see if they could legitimize this part.

Originally Posted by arvencu2
well thanks Claude for your research cause it is listed on the heeltoe website that some modifications are needed to make the aero bumper fit properly, when you prove us all that it is a direct fit just take care of that beautiful tsx of yours.
Yes and the reason we list this is simply because we didn't have confirmation on the fitment. This is because King Motorsports has not tested it and we are not prone to trusting sources like grey marketers. There is too much risk for us dispersing bad information and we cannot afford that. But we can see now that it does indeed fit so we will be updating our site now.

Well im also hoping he sells a couple now cause no one would want to spend this amount of money on a bumper that requires some modification .
I hope so too! I definitely appreciate your boldness in importing and installing this kit! People many times are willing to do the little bit of tweaking that sometimes comes along with JDM parts, but it is great to know this is not needed for these items.

Originally Posted by evo9
Claude he is phishing you for information so he can list that cover on his website! Note the very same information I gave Scott @ King Motorsport about the front bumper is listed on heel toe....... I think they should be giving you some R&D credit.
Phishing? Come on man. I would be happy to list this part if I could verify what it was. But apparently, nobody can trace it back to an actual Mugen product. The part number sold was not the part number the guy has. If you all want to believe this plug cover is legit then I can't change that. But until I see something official on it I cannot go along there. The OP gets credit for his body work, no doubt. I am just afraid he's been taken advantage of with this product. I just hope he did not pay "Mugen price" for it if it turns out to be illegitimate.

Well Vic it's all good no credit is needed I'm glad that I was able to confirm the perfect fitment of the Mugen kit when some vendors could not, some changes were made about the fitment of the aero bumper on heeltoe website though their even mentioned that only the 09-10 fogs would work which was never there before and that I'm a 100 percent sure they got it all from my thread
I am glad you did as well! Frankly the biggest thing preventing confirmation was finding a person willing to try it (not that nobody else could have done it, but nobody else was willing). It helps the community grow and be more knowledgeable. Yes Heeltoe IS part of the community as well and we have just as much a right to the public information here as anyone else. I 100% DID get the latest info from your thread. Thanks very much, again, for blazing the trail and helping this information become more public. I would love to give you credit and using some pics of your car on our site if you would like to have the exposure. I don't even have a problem writing up a feature for you on our site as a blog post, giving you credit for not only the work you've done but making public info that bettered our store. Just let me know! Support@heeltoeauto.com - Marcus

Originally Posted by arvencu2
Heeltoe also mentioned that the rear half bumper needed modification when I checked their web yesterday and now it is all confirmed that it would fit the US model haha they even listed the side spoiler also. I wouldn't spend a dime there.
You are just being a sensationalist, it seems. We update our site with things we learn almost every day. The fact you noticed today and know where I got the info from means very little. I had the above thread all typed out, stating we were updating the site based on this info, but wanted to confirm the info on the plug cover before posting. I just got off the phone with King and have not been able to confirm authenticity of this coil pack cover at all. There is no mention of it anywhere in any official documentation whatsoever. I honestly only found this thread because it was shared on AZ's Facebook page, and after browsing I saw the plug cover and wanted to raise a red flag to the OP...best intentions meant there. Yeah, some stuff was learned here by me (as we all learn from these threads every day) and I put the completely public, non-proprietary, and ultimately useful information our site for more to learn from. I don't see WHY in any way, shape, or form this would prevent someone from buying something from us. It's just, absurd.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:06 PM
Former Sponsor

I'll be the first to celebrate if we can legitimize this coil pack cover. Please, give me something tangible to go off of, though.

I hope it is not coming off topic too far. The fact I am even saying anything I hope shows that I am very interested in accuracy in not only our product offerings but the information dispersed publicly. No malice is intended here at all!

- Marcus
Old 01-22-2014, 03:21 PM
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 99 Posts

I am glad you did as well! Frankly the biggest thing preventing confirmation was finding a person willing to try it (not that nobody else could have done it, but nobody else was willing). It helps the community grow and be more knowledgeable. Yes Heeltoe IS part of the community as well and we have just as much a right to the public information here as anyone else. I 100% DID get the latest info from your thread. Thanks very much, again, for blazing the trail and helping this information become more public. I would love to give you credit and using some pics of your car on our site if you would like to have the exposure. I don't even have a problem writing up a feature for you on our site as a blog post, giving you credit for not only the work you've done but making public info that bettered our store. Just let me know! Support@heeltoeauto.com - Marcus

I tell you what, I am willing to test that Mugen Exhaust system on my V6 TSX for 50% off your advertised price shipped. Tell that to Scott at King Motor Sports. Since you guy's don't want to do the R&D, I'll help you all. I'll in return provide the fitment information.

If you want to know about the Accord CU2....
Attached Thumbnails SAVCLAUDE Mugen Cu2-dimensions_02.jpg  

Last edited by evo9; 01-22-2014 at 03:25 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evo9
I tell you what, I am willing to test that Mugen Exhaust system on my V6 TSX for 50% off your advertised price shipped. Tell that to Scott at King Motor Sports. Since you guy's don't want to do the R&D, I'll help you all. I'll in return provide the fitment information.

The exhaust, last I checked King DOES have an exhaust in stock. I am fairly certain it would mate with a V6 TSX as well. BUT, we don't know and there is a good change it WON'T fit. I am willing to sell it to a tester at a discount. However, it is quite a bit outside of our ability to sell it for that much of a price break. We'd need to end up coming deep into our own pocket, and unfortunately the promise of selling more systems to make up for that investment is not there. It is just simple business. If we had the extra cash, or it made financial sense, I'd say no problem!
Old 01-22-2014, 03:38 PM
Former Sponsor

PS, I am very aware that the CU2 in Japan and the USA is essentially the same car...but it is not necessarily the same in every aspect. We need to be really careful about what we call genuine and what we say fits...because if we get that wrong we get a pissed off customer and a bad rep. We don't like that and try to avoid it.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:18 AM
mugen cu2

I'll be the first to celebrate if we can legitimize this coil pack cover. Please, give me something tangible to go off of, though.

I hope it is not coming off topic too far. The fact I am even saying anything I hope shows that I am very interested in accuracy in not only our product offerings but the information dispersed publicly. No malice is intended here at all!

- Marcus
it is not coming off topic at all actually I'm glad that you pointed that out an email was sent to where I bought it with actual photos that you posted, I'm now waiting for an answer back. I will say this again I don't need no credits from no one, I give it all to myself for doing my own research and my hard work, I DO NOT WANT MY PICS nor exposure nor feature to be on heeltoe you've got enough info already that bettered your store, there are other cu2s out there with the kit and plenty pics so as a vendor do a bit of research and go look for them.
arvencu2 (01-23-2014)
Old 01-23-2014, 08:20 AM
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Sick build, just read through every page and this is well put together ... Wondering if u still have the TL-s wheels? And if u would sell? Other then that keep up the sick work
Old 01-23-2014, 09:19 AM
Former Sponsor

it is not coming off topic at all actually I'm glad that you pointed that out an email was sent to where I bought it with actual photos that you posted, I'm now waiting for an answer back. I will say this again I don't need no credits from no one, I give it all to myself for doing my own research and my hard work, I DO NOT WANT MY PICS nor exposure nor feature to be on heeltoe you've got enough info already that bettered your store, there are other cu2s out there with the kit and plenty pics so as a vendor do a bit of research and go look for them.
...okay...not sure how to read this response, but best of luck to you.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:56 AM
mugen cu2

Originally Posted by Cu2Suspect
Sick build, just read through every page and this is well put together ... Wondering if u still have the type-s wheels? And if u would sell? Other then that keep up the sick work
Thanks, I still have the type-s wheels but I'm not selling them at the moment, I kept them as back up just in case, I'll keep you in mind if I ever consider to sell them.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:09 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Received 1,112 Likes on 876 Posts
You, my friend, have the cleanest CBP. Plus, your paint work is just inspiring and top-notch. Like Cu2Suspect, I pretty much read every page of your thread. Thanks for sharing!
The following 2 users liked this post by xtcnrice:
savclaude (02-18-2014), Snorlax (05-17-2014)
Old 01-28-2014, 12:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,097 Likes on 831 Posts
Vote!

https://acurazine.com/forums/acurazines-car-month-showcase-364/january-2014-cotm-poll-904122/
Old 02-07-2014, 09:22 AM
Cruisin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car looks great. Hope my car looks this good later down the road.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:37 PM
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I just spent over 1 1/2 hours reading this thread from 1-21. hah. Wish I woulda started a progress thread starting the day I signed the next 5 years of my life away at the dealer. Your thread is extremely motivational and uplifting. Lookin good so far Claude!

Sidenote...I follow u on instagram! chris_cu2
Old 02-18-2014, 04:58 PM
mugen cu2

Originally Posted by xtcnrice
You, my friend, have the cleanest CBP. Plus, your paint work is just inspiring and top-notch. Like Cu2Suspect, I pretty much read every page of your thread. Thanks for sharing!
thanks man

Originally Posted by chris_cu2
I just spent over 1 1/2 hours reading this thread from 1-21. hah. Wish I woulda started a progress thread starting the day I signed the next 5 years of my life away at the dealer. Your thread is extremely motivational and uplifting. Lookin good so far Claude!

Sidenote...I follow u on instagram! chris_cu2
thanks Chris I'm following you too.

Originally Posted by trey2014
Car looks great. Hope my car looks this good later down the road.
thanks man, just take your time and do it right

not much done to the car lately, work is busy so no time to spend with the old lady .

Name:  11beb4cc-a415-4772-aeb4-7bfc07014fb2_zpsca7b7ee2.jpg
Views: 916
Size:  522.7 KB

Name:  2ae4e996-8d4f-4bad-bc05-c5290791b850_zpsa3a38dcb.jpg
Views: 780
Size:  502.1 KB
alfred.lai (03-02-2014)
Old 02-19-2014, 11:04 PM
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Amazing car and skills dude.
Hope mine will look this good
Old 02-21-2014, 02:06 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your car is definitely the one I aspire mine to be someday
Old 03-02-2014, 05:55 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Read all the pages in this thread, learned a lot! The best TSX I have seen so far! Amazing!
Old 03-23-2014, 08:44 PM
6th Gear

Hi, im from Sydney Australia.
love this thread, great work to your car with ALL attention to detail.

You have inspired me to complete the build of my car now.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:14 PM
Rawr.

Received 715 Likes on 421 Posts
Epic build dude... and you're local!
Old 05-26-2014, 12:37 PM
1st Gear

Great build
Old 06-11-2014, 01:36 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Received 1,112 Likes on 876 Posts
I find myself coming back and rereading many of the pages in your thread. We don't really see you around azine anymore but it must be said. Your car is absolutely stunning.

Quick Reply: SAVCLAUDE Mugen Cu2