RaskyR1's 2012 TSX SE, 6spd, BWP

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 10:53 AM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
RaskyR1's 2012 TSX SE, 6spd, BWP

I flew out to KS last week and picked up my new TSX and then drove back the 455 miles to MN. My previous car was an '08 TSX with an auto and I love this car so much more with the 6spd!

Some pics

BUGS!

All cleaned up

Rasky
Old 05-08-2012, 11:23 AM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
you sir, have a amazingly clean garage.
The following users liked this post:
tommystyle86 (05-10-2012)
Old 05-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 215 Likes on 169 Posts
That is one nice looking car. BWP looks pretty good. Congrats!
Old 05-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ed_423
you sir, have a amazingly clean garage.
Thanks! I do high end detailing on the side and I feel it's very important to have a clean shop.

Originally Posted by MrOtocinclus
That is one nice looking car. BWP looks pretty good. Congrats!
Thanks! I'd like to see PWP next to BWP so I can see the difference. I love the mods you have done to yours, bet you hate having to sell it.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 53 Posts
Good pick man, enjoy the car....
Old 05-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Vancouver B.C.

Received 325 Likes on 262 Posts
Nice car. The SE's are getting quite popular around here.
And thats alot of bugs.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts
nice pickup. It's amazing how much better the 6spd drives vs the auto isn't it.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 144 Likes on 109 Posts
damn sick ride!!!...yeah se is definitely has taken over the forum
Old 05-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Pro

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts
Congratulations. The SE in BWP looks awesome. Poor bugs.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Intermediate

Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by 5thTo2nd
nice pickup. It's amazing how much better the 6spd drives vs the auto isn't it.
OMG! It's a completely different car! Power reminds me more of my '06 Civic Si now, but with more torque.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 215 Likes on 169 Posts
I have to comment again, the car looks too good. I love the rear-end.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:50 PM
TSX x2

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
Congratulations... nice and clean

killer bug shot !!!
Old 05-10-2012, 04:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 151 Likes on 145 Posts
Congrats, is this the same rasky from detailedimage.com?
Old 05-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts
Cleaned up very nice i wish i found a used 6 speed but auto is so nice when im lazy
Old 05-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Intermediate

Thanks again guys!

Originally Posted by mY sLOW UA6
Congrats, is this the same rasky from detailedimage.com?

It is indeed! Be on the lookout for a new car prep article in a few weeks.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:26 AM
CR

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
I was thinking, hmm that's a lot of product in his garage....but he did not tape up the front on the way home, but damn the cars clean after the trip. Knew you had to be a detail guy!
Old 05-12-2012, 10:44 AM
Graphite Ghost

Received 405 Likes on 324 Posts
teach us leather care

and lots more
widdiam (05-14-2012)
Old 05-13-2012, 07:48 PM
Drifting

Received 285 Likes on 245 Posts
this thread makes me regret not waiting for the special edition...nice car...i'm jealous
Old 05-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Vancouver B.C.

Received 325 Likes on 262 Posts
Just checked out your site..it looks legit! I book marked it so I can read up on all those guides. Have you heard of sonax wheel cleaner? opinions?
Old 05-14-2012, 02:04 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Stylinhonda
I was thinking, hmm that's a lot of product in his garage....but he did not tape up the front on the way home, but damn the cars clean after the trip. Knew you had to be a detail guy!
LOL. I thought about taping the front but at the end of the day it's going to get chipped up sooner or later and there was rain in the forecast.

Originally Posted by robpp
teach us leather care

and lots more
For the most part, leather care is pretty simple IMO. Clean often with water based cleaners (Leather Masters Strong Cleaner) and use a protector (Leather Masters Protection Cream). 99% of the stuff you find on the shelves at auto parts stores is junk and will actually attract more dust and dirt, thus speeding up the wear of you leather. Almost all of today's cars have coated leather and do not need lotions or conditioners to keep them soft. Regular cleaning with water based cleaners is all that is needed to keep the leather hydrated.

FYI. There is a LOT of conflicting information on the web between leather care manufactures. The above information is the route I chose to believe in after reading several leather debates on the detailing forums. The above cleaners leave your leather looking and feeling like new. The protection cream helps prevent dye transfer too.

Originally Posted by spdandpwr
this thread makes me regret not waiting for the special edition...nice car...i'm jealous
Thanks!

Originally Posted by ttk5
Just checked out your site..it looks legit! I book marked it so I can read up on all those guides. Have you heard of sonax wheel cleaner? opinions?
Thank you!

Sonax is good stuff and I use it often. It smells terrible though and I think I'm going to go back to P21S Gel instead. They cost the same for me and work equally as well, P21S just smells better. The color change is cool with Sonax at first but after a while I started to hate seeing a pool of blood running down the driveway. Also, I hate the sprayer on Sonax bottle and I just buy the 5L size and use a different one.

For my own car all my wheels see is soap and water. Clean often and you won't need a wheel cleaner.

Last edited by RaskyR1; 05-14-2012 at 02:07 PM.
robpp (05-14-2012)
Old 05-14-2012, 04:02 PM
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by RaskyR1
For the most part, leather care is pretty simple IMO. Clean often with water based cleaners (Leather Masters Strong Cleaner) and use a protector (Leather Masters Protection Cream). 99% of the stuff you find on the shelves at auto parts stores is junk and will actually attract more dust and dirt, thus speeding up the wear of you leather. Almost all of today's cars have coated leather and do not need lotions or conditioners to keep them soft. Regular cleaning with water based cleaners is all that is needed to keep the leather hydrated.
this may be a dumb noob question, but are the sides of the SE seats leather? I ask because on my previous RSX, i heard that only the middle section of the RSX seat was leather and the sides weren't. Seeing as most of the SE seat is suede, just wondering if those products you mentioned will work.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:35 PM
mugen cu2

Received 201 Likes on 142 Posts
damn clean 6 speed ftw
Old 05-15-2012, 09:04 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by EzeE1o
this may be a dumb noob question, but are the sides of the SE seats leather? I ask because on my previous RSX, i heard that only the middle section of the RSX seat was leather and the sides weren't. Seeing as most of the SE seat is suede, just wondering if those products you mentioned will work.
Yes, the seating surfaces next the the lux suede inserts is leather. The very sides of the seats or not though.

Last edited by RaskyR1; 05-15-2012 at 09:19 AM.
EzeE1o (05-15-2012)
Old 05-15-2012, 09:42 AM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
After reading a lot on your site, it seems like even though the sides aren't leather, you can still use a product like the one you mentioned or Optimum Leather Protectant on it anyways? Am I wrong on this or would you recommend another product mentioned on the site such as the 303 aerospace protectant?

I just want to fix my seats Only at 40K and they're all scuffed on the bolsters and wrinkly like grandpa balls on the seat sides
Old 05-15-2012, 10:25 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by ttk5
Just checked out your site..it looks legit!
Nawww. He's just an amateur.

Wait. That's where I get most of my stuff...
Old 05-15-2012, 10:38 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by JordanTSX
After reading a lot on your site, it seems like even though the sides aren't leather, you can still use a product like the one you mentioned or Optimum Leather Protectant on it anyways? Am I wrong on this or would you recommend another product mentioned on the site such as the 303 aerospace protectant?

I just want to fix my seats Only at 40K and they're all scuffed on the bolsters and wrinkly like grandpa balls on the seat sides
Most leather care products will also remove dirt from vinyl/naugahyde/leatherette/pleather etc.

Much of the wrinkly look can be minimized by cleaning the leather. There are two schools of thought and neither is right or wrong.

One thought favors products like Leatherique - a two step process that takes lots of time and yields excellent results. The theory here is to first condition the leather to force the dirt to the surface and then to remove it. This works better on older, well worn leathers.

The other method is to use products like LeatherMaster to remove dirt and to seal the leather further by using protectant after it is clean. This works very well on modern car leathers.

Dirt (and excessive moisture) is the enemy of leather.

First vacuum the leather, paying particular attention to seams.

Clean - using a brush or a cotton cloth infused with a bit of product

Protect - using a fresh cotton cloth again with very little product.

Some manufacturers (Mercedes for example) warn against using man made microfiber cloths on both MB-Tex (Mercedes vinyl) or leather.
JordanTSX (05-15-2012)
Old 05-15-2012, 01:33 PM
Intermediate

I've not tried the Optimum stuff so can't comment on it. I would advise against the 303 though as it does leave a slight gloss and oily feel. IME the seats are going to get some amount of wrinkle over time no matter what simply from the getting in and out of the car everyday. However, regular cleaning will keep them looking as good as possible and staying like new longer.

Here is my '08 TSX after 4 years and 55k miles (sale pics). I had used some other products early on when it was new that I won't use today, but they still held up pretty well IMO.

Originally Posted by ceb
Most leather care products will also remove dirt from vinyl/naugahyde/leatherette/pleather etc.

Much of the wrinkly look can be minimized by cleaning the leather. There are two schools of thought and neither is right or wrong.

One thought favors products like Leatherique - a two step process that takes lots of time and yields excellent results. The theory here is to first condition the leather to force the dirt to the surface and then to remove it. This works better on older, well worn leathers.

The other method is to use products like LeatherMaster to remove dirt and to seal the leather further by using protectant after it is clean. This works very well on modern car leathers.

Dirt (and excessive moisture) is the enemy of leather.

First vacuum the leather, paying particular attention to seams.

Clean - using a brush or a cotton cloth infused with a bit of product

Protect - using a fresh cotton cloth again with very little product.

Some manufacturers (Mercedes for example) warn against using man made microfiber cloths on both MB-Tex (Mercedes vinyl) or leather.
Solid info right there!
JordanTSX (05-15-2012)
Old 05-15-2012, 02:19 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
wow those seats look amazing!

mine is creased pretty badly...i guess even with some good cleaning it still wont go back to looking like that again huh
Old 05-15-2012, 03:51 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

All - please note that this 8 year old car looks better than when it drove out of the showroom. That is what properly maintaining your car can do.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
Originally Posted by ceb
All - please note that this 8 year old car looks better than when it drove out of the showroom. That is what properly maintaining your car can do.
ceb your old, your math skills are waning, just like your other skills probably ... 2012-2008 is 4 years
Old 05-15-2012, 11:08 PM
Advanced

and Dave's usage of your/you're shows some grammatical skills as well.

None the less, that tsx looks immaculate. I have some sort of dye transfer going on on the outside bolsters of both front seats. Is a one step process like leather master going to be able to treat this some? I'm all about a 1-step over a 2-step treatment if they're both near equaly effective. I wouldn't really consider my seats dirty as much as just wrinkly.

Sounds like Rasky and Ceb are the goto guys for leather care. Great to know. Thanks for the tips both of you.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:11 AM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
and Dave's usage of your/you're shows some grammatical skills as well.

None the less, that tsx looks immaculate. I have some sort of dye transfer going on on the outside bolsters of both front seats. Is a one step process like leather master going to be able to treat this some? I'm all about a 1-step over a 2-step treatment if they're both near equaly effective. I wouldn't really consider my seats dirty as much as just wrinkly.

Sounds like Rasky and Ceb are the goto guys for leather care. Great to know. Thanks for the tips both of you.
Ceb knows i love him even though he's an old fart

PS: "Nonetheless" is one word Grammar Nazi
Old 05-16-2012, 09:22 AM
Advanced

touche

I think I'm going to be getting some Lexol and Leathermasters eventually after this conversation. Maybe I'll do a write up with a comparison with pictures of each product for other people if anyone's in the same boat as me - really confused by all the different leather products and accepting everything I have so far is BS.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:45 AM
Intermediate

touche

I think I'm going to be getting some Lexol and Leathermasters eventually after this conversation. Maybe I'll do a write up with a comparison with pictures of each product for other people if anyone's in the same boat as me - really confused by all the different leather products and accepting everything I have so far is BS.

I'd skip the Lexol if it were me and just get the Leather Masters...I never cared much for Lexol. LM makes a product specific for dye transfer too. Keep in mind the longer it's on there the harder it is to remove. The Protection Cream will help prevent the dye from setting in and eases the removal of it when it comes time to clean again. Think of the Protection cream as a sacrificial barrier, sort of a "Scotch Guard" type product that sits on the surface of the top coat.

Rasky
Old 05-16-2012, 10:48 AM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry for the thread drift, but as a fellow SE owner, do you have any recommendations on what to use (if anything) on the synthetic suede, and how to keep it looking good? Any special care or techniques needed for it?

Thanks, and congrats on the car!
Old 05-16-2012, 01:15 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by kretrop
Sorry for the thread drift, but as a fellow SE owner, do you have any recommendations on what to use (if anything) on the synthetic suede, and how to keep it looking good? Any special care or techniques needed for it?

Here you go

Cleaning Alcantara

Although the stuff Hoda uses is probably not Alcantara, it should be close enough.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:23 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kretrop

Not sure what the material is but I applied a protector to mine.

I tried Scotch Guard first but the material is color fast with that product and I don't recommend using it. There are other, and probably better products out there, however they have to be purchased at specialty stores like Jon-Don. I just happened to have this stuff on hand and thought I'd try it out.

CEB's info is what I'd go with though for regular care. The material seem pretty durable compared to the 8thgen Civic Si Alcantera.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:12 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

The material seem pretty durable compared to the 8thgen Civic Si Alcantera.
I'm curious to see how this stuff will wear if properly cared for. I've always stayed away from Alcantara because I think it looks worn (and greenish) very quickly.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:35 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ceb
I'm curious to see how this stuff will wear if properly cared for. I've always stayed away from Alcantara because I think it looks worn (and greenish) very quickly.
Yeah, I hope it stays looking nice. It actually reminds me of the materials Honda used in the late 80's....we'll see I guess!
Old 05-16-2012, 02:38 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
SICK !!!

you kept the old TSX immaculately clean....and i bet you will with the new SE !!!

Quick Reply: RaskyR1's 2012 TSX SE, 6spd, BWP