Weld Aftermarket Mufflers on Stock Exhaust System?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 08:40 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weld Aftermarket Mufflers on Stock Exhaust System?

I知 looking to upgrade the stock exhaust setup on my TSX by welding on new mufflers (looking at magnaflows right now), does anyone know what kind of results I will get from that? I tried looking on YouTube for sound clips but I couldn稚 find any with that exact setup. I知 looking to get:
1. A deep rumble (I dislike high pitched exhausts and raspiness)
2. A good level of sound that is louder than stock, but nowhere near being obnoxiously loud
3. Large tips for an aggressive look

Anyone who has done something like this, what results did you get? I understand that it will be harder to achieve a deep rumble on a 4 cylinder without getting a full exhaust system. Any sound clips, feedback, or advice on what exhaust mods to do to achieve those 3 goals would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:37 AM

Received 7,772 Likes on 5,045 Posts
I've got some videos on yooootooooob with the endlessRPM exhaust which is basically what you're looking for, except it also replaces the resonator. I think you could expect a similar tone but with less rasp in the mid-range if you are just replacing the cans and don't touch the stock resonator. I'm not sure which P/N Magnaflows are on there, but it's roughly the size of the OEM.

The following users liked this post:
Lieu14 (05-25-2019)
Old 06-27-2019, 10:37 AM
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts
I bet getting a pair of Apexi WS2 mufflers will do the trick. But will cost as much as the Tsudo cat-back exhaust available on Ebay.
Old 10-28-2019, 03:55 PM
PROFESSIONAL IDIOT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Lieu14
I知 looking to upgrade the stock exhaust setup on my TSX by welding on new mufflers (looking at magnaflows right now), does anyone know what kind of results I will get from that? I tried looking on YouTube for sound clips but I couldn稚 find any with that exact setup. I知 looking to get:
1. A deep rumble (I dislike high pitched exhausts and raspiness)
2. A good level of sound that is louder than stock, but nowhere near being obnoxiously loud
3. Large tips for an aggressive look

Anyone who has done something like this, what results did you get? I understand that it will be harder to achieve a deep rumble on a 4 cylinder without getting a full exhaust system. Any sound clips, feedback, or advice on what exhaust mods to do to achieve those 3 goals would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I had two magnaflow mufflers welded to my stock system. It sounded nice and deep, just louder than stock, bareley noticeable at idle, noticeable at WOT.
After 5 years (only 2 winters) the weld and the piping that the shop had put between the stock system and the muffler had rotted and the mufflers fell off while I was driving.
I bought a GREDDY catback. Amazing system. Sounds perfect. No complaints. Big 3' piping and high quality welds. Has not seen winter yet.