Kteller.com Custom Mandrel Bend Exhaust Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Vancouver B.C.

Received 325 Likes on 262 Posts
Kteller.com Custom Mandrel Bend Exhaust Kit

I was on the "other forum" and saw a thread about a group buy on Kteller custom mandrel bend exhaust kits.

http://store.kteller.com/

This kit provides tuners with all the appropriate piping, flanges, bolts and hangers to create a custom exhaust of their own. You just need to find your own mufflers, resonators etc, and a trustworthy muffler shop to put everything together. They examine the shape of our OEM exhaust, and organize the piping pieces accordingly. The pipes are stainless steel material. Here is a link to the 1st gen TSX kit

http://store.kteller.com/kteller/kte.../i-547300.aspx

On the other forum, members can choose between 2.5" piping, 3" piping, single or dual exit exhaust. The group buy price was something like $300 per kit or something.

This alternative to an expensive, name brand exhaust system intrigued me because most people just want an exhaust for sound and looks anyways. We all know already that the power gains from an exhaust system are minimal compared to the actual price we pay for the system.

So I emailed them a short email asking if they are interested in creating a kit for the 2nd gen TSX community.

My email to them:

Hi,

I saw this thread on .com

http://www..com/forums/1st-gen-engin...e-users-_.html

And I am wondering if you could make a custom mandrel bend kit for the 2009-2012 TSX. I understand you will probably need the measurements of how long each piece is and the angle of each bend, but if you had those numbers could you create one?
The 2nd Gen TSX community is growing larger but there is currently only one exhaust system for our cars; the CT-e exhaust. If needed, I can make a group buy list of serious interested buyers to show that there is a demand. If there is anything at all possible you can do for us 2nd gen TSX community, please let me know. Thanks!!

Their response to me:
Let me get the 1st gen out of the way, its been a long crazy trip so far. So many 'want' it but when its time to pay, very little step forward. Let me get the 1st gen done and get some good reviews, then i can work on getting a donor car for the 2nd gen which should be easier since its newer.

So, I guess...that is..Good news! They seem open minded about the whole thing, and positive about finding a donor car for their prototype or whatever. Just wanted to share this so people can begin to think about these KTeller kits as an exhaust option. As said in the email, many people 'want' it but when its time to pay, its a whole different story. So let's prove them wrong!

Last edited by ttk5; 09-11-2012 at 05:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
robpp (09-11-2012)
Old 09-11-2012, 06:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 241 Likes on 185 Posts
I was one of the only ones to buy the full racing omni power suspension from kteller years ago. Even though everyone wanted them. I also was one of the only ones to buy the full ss exhaust from him for my 6th gen accord years ago. His stuff is good, prices great. I would tell him money talks, see how many orders it would take, get the money together then throw it at him. He would do it... money talks.... talk is cheap as all get out. And lord knows everybody is going to do it. But just like my flashpro, I was like the first order in the whole country when I ordered mine....

Of note, all the parts omnipower and suspension was for my 98 accord coupe.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:34 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
i've been following that thread as well.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:51 AM
Drifting

Received 285 Likes on 245 Posts
Originally Posted by optimusaccord
I was one of the only ones to buy the full racing omni power suspension from kteller years ago. Even though everyone wanted them. I also was one of the only ones to buy the full ss exhaust from him for my 6th gen accord years ago. His stuff is good, prices great. I would tell him money talks, see how many orders it would take, get the money together then throw it at him. He would do it... money talks.... talk is cheap as all get out. And lord knows everybody is going to do it. But just like my flashpro, I was like the first order in the whole country when I ordered mine....

Of note, all the parts omnipower and suspension was for my 98 accord coupe.
+124312 it's expensive to R&D a part and for it not to sell makes it more of a sunk cost. If he can get people to put deposits on the exhaust (maybe $100), then he'll be fine to go ahead with it. Just sucks that people on these forums are really particularly when it comes to money -- they think everyone is a scammer and want 24/7 communication.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:53 AM
Graphite Ghost

Received 405 Likes on 324 Posts
^^^^^^^^ obviously you've never been burned on a GB gone bad. i can tell you I was F'ed out of 500 with empty promises and such. due to that you need to show me something BEFORE I show you the money
The following users liked this post:
Yasser22 (10-27-2012)
Old 11-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Moooola

TTK5 any updates?

I'd be down to thrown down CHC (cold hard cash ) for a refundable deposit.