What to do with 2012 TSX Navi?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 12:04 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What to do with 2012 TSX Navi?

I've been reading ad-nauseam about different methods and ways to utilize the navi screen. I never use it anymore and it just sleeps after starting the car. I've been looking up iPhone mirroring options - most seem kinda meh and complicated. Anyone find anything creative to do with it? What about Apple Car-Play? Seems that between my mounted iPhone X and bluetooth takes care of everything I need (except the bluetooth delay sucks!). Thanks in advance! -J
Old 01-13-2018, 02:50 PM
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
I am in the same boat as you, as you mentioned there are really no good options. I just leave the screen on the maps, even though I don't use it for navigation. I regret getting the TECH now as I prefer the more up to date aftermarket HU that you can install in a non-TECH TSX, although at the time of buying the TSX there was NO aftermarket kit besides the non-USDM parts that seemed iffy. Shortly after I bought the TSX Metra makes the dash kit, dang!

Regarding your bluetooth audio delays, you can use an aftermarket bluetooth to AUX receiver and use the AUX jack in the TSX to receive audio from your phone. There are good receivers that are more up to date bluetooth versions that should remove the audio delay.

I've decided I am just going to have to get rid of the car even though I like how it drives, I even thought about trading it for TSX SE 6-speed. Just not sure of what car to get any more, Acura's TLX A-spec was I thought the car to get, but the dang transmission is still junk(test drove the AWD version several times). The only "new" car that I like from Honda/Acura is Accord sport 2.0, although I need to drive it first. sigh.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:48 PM
ROTAREDOM

Received 1,488 Likes on 1,058 Posts
Originally Posted by Jrvtecaccord
I am in the same boat as you, as you mentioned there are really no good options. I just leave the screen on the maps, even though I don't use it for navigation. I regret getting the TECH now as I prefer the more up to date aftermarket HU that you can install in a non-TECH TSX, although at the time of buying the TSX there was NO aftermarket kit besides the non-USDM parts that seemed iffy. Shortly after I bought the TSX Metra makes the dash kit, dang!

Regarding your bluetooth audio delays, you can use an aftermarket bluetooth to AUX receiver and use the AUX jack in the TSX to receive audio from your phone. There are good receivers that are more up to date bluetooth versions that should remove the audio delay.

I've decided I am just going to have to get rid of the car even though I like how it drives, I even thought about trading it for TSX SE 6-speed. Just not sure of what car to get any more, Acura's TLX A-spec was I thought the car to get, but the dang transmission is still junk(test drove the AWD version several times). The only "new" car that I like from Honda/Acura is Accord sport 2.0, although I need to drive it first. sigh.
You won't be disappointed with the 2.0T. The accord is a great vehicle. And good transition from your current TSX.
Old 05-31-2018, 10:08 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jeff, I had the same thought as you but decided it was way too much to bite off, and I'm happy enough with stock set up and Bluetooth has been working fine for me. I would like to see photos when you're finished.