Seat memory question driving me nuts!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 12:45 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat memory question driving me nuts!

Hi guys!

This is driving me NUTS. Here's a quick breakdown:

Bought a 2009 TSX last year. Was in love with it. Have wanted that specific model since 2009 lol. Unfortunately, shortly after, a car t-boned me in a parking lot. 20k+ of damage. Wrote the car off.

Fast forward two months: found exact same car. Same colour. Same year. Same everything. But there's one thing that is driving me CRAZY.

In my other TSX (again, EXACT same year and model) - on the way out of the car after putting it in park and turning it off, as soon as I pulled the handle and cracked the door, the drivers seat would automatically recline all the way and let me out. When i got back in my car the next day, the seat would still be all the way pulled back. I would get in, and as soon as the car started the seat would AUTOMATICALLY bring me back to driving position.

Now I have literally tried every combination of seat memory and i can't for the life of me figure out how or why the settings were as such in the old car or how to get them back. Using FOB 2 i have set my seat position to 2 and all the way back position to 1 - no go. Vice versa, with my seat position to 2 and 'rolled back' set to 1 - no go. The most I can get the car to do is automatically adjust my seat to my driving position when i start the car, but can't figure out how to get it to automatically move back all the way when i turn the car off to let me out.

Now i know this seems trivial and yes, i could just roll my own seat back lol. Or set one of the memories to all the way back and just press it on my way out. But i'm determined to get the same settings as my other TSX because i know it's possible!

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Angie
Old 07-27-2017, 01:46 PM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Woah, so when you would open the door, the seat will automatically move backwards to give you more space to get out? Thats pretty cool, I didnt know that was a feature. Did you have have problems if you had something on the floor behind you?
Old 07-27-2017, 01:56 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
i dont think the TSX EVER OFFERED that feature....
it was brand new for the TLX...only the TLX offers it

Edit*
and RLX.

Last edited by justnspace; 07-27-2017 at 02:03 PM.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:11 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i never had a problem with anything on the floor behind me because my backseat was usually empty!

wish i could just accept that it was never offered for that car but unfortunately, my other car was definitely a 2009 TSX and definitely had it
may have just been a trick the previous owner used with the seat memory? not sure but appreciate the replies!

Angie
Old 07-28-2017, 09:15 AM
Banned

Received 60 Likes on 49 Posts
what?!
That sounds like a great feature! But never had it...or is aware of it. Got an 09 too.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:52 AM
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
I don’t have a TSX, but I believe the following will get you 1/2 of the way there.With FOB 1 set the perfect driving position with memory button # 2, then set the far away positions (for exit) with memory button # 1.When the car is turned off the seat will automatically move to position 1 (far away) for exiting, but when you get in to drive you will need to manually push #2 for the driving position.

You can reverse the button order, but I prefer it to automatically pull back for exiting opposed to driving.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:56 AM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
First world problems
Old 08-01-2017, 11:31 AM
RTM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Yeah, you may have had a custom install. I did a bunch of googling, reading different year manuals, and can see nothing on that option being offered on the TSX. Bummer. I know a few people who would like that.