Remote start install w/ rear defogger

Old 05-05-2013, 12:13 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote start install w/ rear defogger

I just got a 2010 Acura TSX tech and will be installing a remote starter on it soon. Looking at a Viper 4704 with a DB-ALL bypass. Reading through the manuals it shouldn't be too tough but I'm drawing a blank on where to find the info I need on hooking up the rear defogger. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to access the rear/window defogger circuit? I could likely pull apart the climate control and get to the switch itself but I'd prefer not to if there is a wire by the fuse box I can grab. My understanding is that the Viper unit will pulse ground to turn on the remote start, I'm comfortable using a relay with the pulse or turning it to a latch if I need to. Would a Chiltons/Haynes manual have the diagram I need?
Old 05-06-2013, 12:22 AM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Nathan_s
I just got a 2010 Acura TSX tech and will be installing a remote starter on it soon. Looking at a Viper 4704 with a DB-ALL bypass. Reading through the manuals it shouldn't be too tough but I'm drawing a blank on where to find the info I need on hooking up the rear defogger. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to access the rear/window defogger circuit? I could likely pull apart the climate control and get to the switch itself but I'd prefer not to if there is a wire by the fuse box I can grab. My understanding is that the Viper unit will pulse ground to turn on the remote start, I'm comfortable using a relay with the pulse or turning it to a latch if I need to. Would a Chiltons/Haynes manual have the diagram I need?
Hopefully these will do you any good.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:05 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That helps quite a bit actually, thanks. What manual is that from?
Old 05-13-2013, 09:24 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
if you really want to put a 'trick' remote start in, check out the Advanced Keys system - keyless entry and push button start AND remote start with options to run other items just like you want. I have one and love it!
Old 05-14-2013, 04:08 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nathan_s
That helps quite a bit actually, thanks. What manual is that from?

I made a scan of one of the 3 dealer manuals I have.

If you need something else just ask.

Last edited by Mugen-accord; 05-14-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:13 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nukebug
if you really want to put a 'trick' remote start in, check out the Advanced Keys system - keyless entry and push button start AND remote start with options to run other items just like you want. I have one and love it!
Yup, I had that system installed in my 2010 Accord ( tsx ).
It worked perfectly but system being sensitive to cellphones prevented me from not having it in my current Accord ( tsx ).
Also the antenna's ( little rings ) were things that bothered me since they were always in sight and had to be glued on the windows to prevent them from rattling around.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:57 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have not had any problems with cellphones and the system. I think the system I installed (using your DIY!) is an updated version. One of the options for the front ring is in the rear-view mirror housing, but they include clear silicone stickers to mount it to the windshield.
I don't even use the alarm features, I was just glad to get rid of the huge key fob! LOL
Old 05-15-2013, 04:09 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nukebug
I have not had any problems with cellphones and the system. I think the system I installed (using your DIY!) is an updated version. One of the options for the front ring is in the rear-view mirror housing, but they include clear silicone stickers to mount it to the windshield.
I don't even use the alarm features, I was just glad to get rid of the huge key fob! LOL
Good to hear they made some improvements on their system.
The stickers for one were not avaialble at the time I puchased the system.
I had to throw my cell in the backseat sometimes because it would make the system go crazy since the keycard would pick up my cell's signal.