Iphone 4s issues with importing cell phone book

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 05:56 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iphone 4s issues with importing cell phone book

Does anyone have any idea if there is a work around for important the cell phone book on from the new Iphone 4s.

I goto import the phone book, it looks for the phone find it and then gets stuck on importing cell phone book for a long time. (It drained my car battery it was looking for so long). The only phone book it will load is only the phone numbers on your favorites in the phone. If you dont mark them as a favorite it will not import the phone book.

I have done everything to get this to load and nothing works. With the Iphone 4s you can only load so many favorites into your directory.

Does anyone know if there is an issue with this, and if so what is the solution.?

I have deleted the phone and re-installed it on the blue tooth but the same issue happens time and time again. I think with the new iphone OS there is an issue with Acura and the phone. Any ideas anyone?
Old 10-16-2011, 06:41 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts
Okay so here we go:
What model year do you have?
Tech package or no?

And also, you asked if we figured out a "work around" for a phone released last week...? lol.
cool roundabout way to brag bout your phone dude.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:56 PM
2nd Gear

My car is 2009 Acura TSX with the Navigation tech package.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:42 PM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

Received 527 Likes on 387 Posts
Originally Posted by TSXKid2010
Okay so here we go:
What model year do you have?
Tech package or no?

And also, you asked if we figured out a "work around" for a phone released last week...? lol.
cool roundabout way to brag bout your phone dude.
Hahah not even last week. 3 days ago to be exact...techies are good...but not that good and certainly not for a specific car. One of my questions was whether or not the 4S will be fully compatible with our car...seems like there may be some issues so I'll probably hold off on getting the 4S till it's fixed or something.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:31 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts
Okay you can stop there, 2009 TSX doesn't have phonebook importing i believe.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:02 AM

Received 1,021 Likes on 793 Posts
trade me your ip4s for my andriod.

problem solved.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:09 AM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

Received 527 Likes on 387 Posts
Originally Posted by TSXKid2010
Okay you can stop there, 2009 TSX doesn't have phonebook importing i believe.
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not...
Old 10-25-2011, 05:08 PM
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mrstak
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not...
I don't think he was. He's just uninformed. Per Acura's website, the 2009 TSX Navi *does* support import.

As a matter of fact, I am having the exact same issue with my 2009 TSX Navi. I went from iPhone 3GS to iPhone 4S, and now I can't import phonebook (it just sits there "importing" as you described) and I've lost bluetooth audio for music (which I had with my 3GS despite Acura's website saying it wasn't supported on that phone either).

If anyone knows anything about this, I'd really appreciate it!
Old 10-25-2011, 06:46 PM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
take a look at the iphone 4S topic in the general forum, a member had a trick for import
Old 10-25-2011, 10:22 PM
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks. I didn't see the solution in the other thread, but after messing with it I was able to get it to work. I figured I'd post my solution here, just in case someone sees this.

1. Make sure phone is paired with HFL and start import like normal.
  2. While it's "importing" go into phone settings and under Bluetooth, the HFL will show connected. Tap on the device name and it will warn you that you're going to disconnect. Check out the Acura screen. It will change to "loading phone book" and you will wait, and the import will complete.
This also fixed my Bluetooth music/audio issue. I was able to listen to music too! However, when I started the car, everything still worked, but I lost the music connection. I turned off the Bluetooth on the phone (not the device like last time) and turned Bluetooth back on. The connection was repaired, and it's been working since.

Hope this helps someone.
The following users liked this post:
Terdbath (10-26-2011)
Old 12-28-2011, 12:00 PM
1st Gear

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by xxxUWECxxx
Thanks. I didn't see the solution in the other thread, but after messing with it I was able to get it to work. I figured I'd post my solution here, just in case someone sees this.

1. Make sure phone is paired with HFL and start import like normal.
  2. While it's "importing" go into phone settings and under Bluetooth, the HFL will show connected. Tap on the device name and it will warn you that you're going to disconnect. Check out the Acura screen. It will change to "loading phone book" and you will wait, and the import will complete.
This also fixed my Bluetooth music/audio issue. I was able to listen to music too! However, when I started the car, everything still worked, but I lost the music connection. I turned off the Bluetooth on the phone (not the device like last time) and turned Bluetooth back on. The connection was repaired, and it's been working since.

Hope this helps someone.
Thanks for the info. It helped me with my iphone 4S loaded the contacts onto the MDX.