How do I upgrade the Tech package ELS sound system?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 10:35 AM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
How do I upgrade the Tech package ELS sound system?

I am new to car audio and would like to know how others are upgrading their ELS sound system. I want more bass and better speakers but don't know where to begin with brands, specs, installation instructions, etc. Should I try to replace the 8" sub in the back with a new 8" in its spot, or should I go with an enclosed 10/12 in the trunk? Are there instructions for removing the door panels on the front and putting in new speakers? I kind of wanted to stick with one brand for the speakers and the sub, maybe JL. Any thoughts? Thanks, I appreciate advise from the experts.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:39 PM
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Here’s how to replace the door speakers,

https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-audio-bluetooth-electronics-navigation-304/2nd-gen-tsx-door-speaker-removal-install-instructions-772383/

The ELS is a closed system in that the external amp is controlled by the HU so you can’t tap the HU to feed an aftermarket amp. I am working a on a solution, I have it all worked out but I need to create a C# program to interface between my preamp and the HU. I’m not a programmer so this is taking a long time; I already have the program running in VB but that won’t work on my hardware.

The ELS amp is set up to make the factory speakers sound good, I’m not happy with the sound of the system with aftermarket speakers.

Jeff
Old 06-06-2010, 04:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mercman
Here’s how to replace the door speakers,

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=772383

The ELS is a closed system in that the external amp is controlled by the HU so you can’t tap the HU to feed an aftermarket amp. I am working a on a solution, I have it all worked out but I need to create a C# program to interface between my preamp and the HU. I’m not a programmer so this is taking a long time; I already have the program running in VB but that won’t work on my hardware.

The ELS amp is set up to make the factory speakers sound good, I’m not happy with the sound of the system with aftermarket speakers.

Jeff
Will replacing the stock speakers with good quality aftermarket speakers fix the issue we having with burning out voicecoils?