Bluetooth Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 09:58 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth Issues

Has anyone had issues with their handsfree link acting up? IE the bluetooth connection?

I've had the same Blackberry Storm paired to my 09 TSX premium for the past year and half, with no problems until the past few weeks. Anytime I get a call and answer it through the handfree link, the call drops, yet the bluetooth link stays connected. I cannot hang up or disconnect using the phone or buttons on the steering wheel. Every time I end up disabling the bluetooth option on the phone to break the connection. Also, if I try to use the phone controls on the steering wheel I get a response back stating the phone is in use, when it clearly hasn't been.

I've deleted and repaired the phone several times. My car is going in for service on Tuesday and I am obviously going to bring this up, however I don't want to leave my phone with them for a few days. Any suggestions?
Old 03-12-2010, 10:52 AM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
I ran into the same problem once with my iphone 2G....i deleted and repaired the phone....guess it worked out the trick for me.....

try some other phone and see if the same happens !!!
Old 03-22-2010, 12:13 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have had similar and other problems with my Nokia 6500S & have tried what you've tried and much more. I know it is not the phone as my Nokia pairs & does not drop or hang with my notebook, PC and my previous Tech clip Hands free bluetooth earpiece with no issues.

It's the HFL in the car. I give up with this thing.

Unless one of you finds a solution =D
Old 03-31-2010, 08:44 AM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by E-ManN
I have had similar and other problems with my Nokia 6500S & have tried what you've tried and much more. I know it is not the phone as my Nokia pairs & does not drop or hang with my notebook, PC and my previous Tech clip Hands free bluetooth earpiece with no issues.

It's the HFL in the car. I give up with this thing.

Unless one of you finds a solution =D

This AM I decided to contact Acura HFL support. I could not find it on Canadian website http://www.acura.ca but I did find it on American website http://www.acura.com I E-mailed HFL Tech support. Check out this response ...

------------------------------- E-Mail response -----------------
MyName,

Thank you for contacting us in regards to your HandsFreeLink system.

At this time, we currently work with the major US carriers and do not test with Rogers. Should Rogers be interested in having their phones tested, they should contact us in order to begin the process.

In addition, please try a soft reset on your cell phone. A soft reset is removing the battery of your cell phone for 10 seconds. This will re-boot the phone, and will hopefully resolve your issue.

If you have any further questions or comments, or would like assistance in pairing, please feel free to contact our Customer Service Team at 1-888-528-7876 We are available Mon-Fri, 7am-8pm CT.

Sincerely,

HandsFreeLink Customer Service

------------------------------------------------

I find it really frustrating that us Candians once again get kicked to the curb when it comes to support.

WTF - Remove battery for 10 Seconds, then replace ... do this 2 or 3 times a day while I'm driving ??!!

$40K car + crappy HFL + handling phone to remove battery while driving = $155 fine !

:-(
Old 03-31-2010, 12:42 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i had the same problem on my Droid and Playing bluetooth audio, all i do is turn of the blue tooth of my phone and turn it on again. And if that does not work i hit the power on the nav. and off on the blue tooth on my phone and turn them on one again. That seems to work for me when i come across this issue
Old 04-11-2010, 06:21 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I has a simular problem with my TL. But removing that battery worked, and I only needed to "reset" it once.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:35 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am having that exact same problem with a blackberry bold. And reseting the phone is a ignorant response to your question. I had a blackberry before this one and never had a problem... It kinds started out of nowhere and it is very inconsistent with the problems. I'm just going to go back to holding the damn phone to my ear LOLOL