41.86%
Yes if the power warrants it.
23.26%
Maybe if the price is right
20.93%
No, I'll pass
20.93%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Would you be Interested in a Down-pipe for 09+ TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 05:09 PM
(ノ ̄д ̄)ノ ~┻━┻

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by optimusaccord
I wish I was a little closer, but STL is 1200 miles away. If you were closer I would definitely just hang out at the shop the whole time the part was being fabbed up.
+1. I think that's the one thing I don't like about STL: We're thousands of miles away from everyone every way for something like this more or less. You'd think the former home to Boeing would have more going on for it in regards to performance parts R&D for Hondas/Acuras/Imports in general, but seems like it's mostly a vendors and importers place in the car scene while most of the shops specialize in older cars or domestics (at least from what I've found).
Old 03-01-2011, 05:33 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts
I really wish I could jump on that deal!!
Old 03-01-2011, 05:33 PM
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
It's too far for me sorry guys with work and school i can't take 4 days off
Old 03-02-2011, 07:59 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 241 Likes on 185 Posts
Originally Posted by Aramas
+1. I think that's the one thing I don't like about STL: We're thousands of miles away from everyone every way for something like this more or less. You'd think the former home to Boeing would have more going on for it in regards to performance parts R&D for Hondas/Acuras/Imports in general, but seems like it's mostly a vendors and importers place in the car scene while most of the shops specialize in older cars or domestics (at least from what I've found).
Yeah, this is true. There is a dyno spot out in St. Peters, which tuned my last turbo setup on my 98 Accord, but for fabricating stuff, I am not really sure where to go around here. Maybe if Chicago or Kansas City... but I know of no shops in either location doing this type of work.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:04 PM
(ノ ̄д ̄)ノ ~┻━┻

Yeah, this is true. There is a dyno spot out in St. Peters, which tuned my last turbo setup on my 98 Accord, but for fabricating stuff, I am not really sure where to go around here. Maybe if Chicago or Kansas City... but I know of no shops in either location doing this type of work.
I know stlhondas has a sponsor out in Alton, IL that has a dyno day coming up soon. Shop's called Lowe Performance. From their website, says they can do fabrications, dynos, turbocharging, supercharging, and Nitrous Oxide installs. Here's the website: http://www.loweperformance.net/
Old 03-03-2011, 12:21 AM
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by Keak
Sorry I had to back out guys. Josh I reccomend a craigslist ad.
Why did you back out?
Old 03-03-2011, 08:14 AM
Burning Brakes

I know stlhondas has a sponsor out in Alton, IL that has a dyno day coming up soon. Shop's called Lowe Performance. From their website, says they can do fabrications, dynos, turbocharging, supercharging, and Nitrous Oxide installs. Here's the website: http://www.loweperformance.net/
Dude, I just moved from there to St. Chuck. I literally lived .25 miles from lowe performance, I didn't know they were a Honda shop. WOW.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Banned

Okay guys Anyone that can get to Pheonix, AZ they'll get a free Downpipe which will be made from T304 stainless steel free before and afte dyno tuning which means if the pipe gets removed to make modifications so that it'll make more power, this is all at no cost to you. The pipe will have the 2nd cat deleted and the pipe freer flowing to max power gains. Please post here if interested or email Josh at the address under his sig. on the posts hes made here. This is an awesome deal for who jumps on it. 8-10hp gain free. Any questions That I can answer I'll try.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Racer

Spring break road trip for Ed and I.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pbhak002
Awesome bro...
Old 03-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Op is too busy to care

Received 913 Likes on 540 Posts
i think this forum is Dry, we probably dont have any other ppl in the vicinity now. a honda accord forum would be the best best!
Old 03-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts
^x2 I am interested but the drive to Pheonix is more that the hp gains are worth. Sorry, hope to see this get off the ground soon though.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:47 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
if we go together, whos gonna get the downpipe? LOL!

already got plans for spring break bro
Old 03-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ed_423

We could race!! First to AZ wins a downpipe lol
All sarcasm aside, it might be best for some local Arizona TSX owner to get it done, cause gas prices and lodging/dining cost aint worth it unfornautely.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:16 PM
(ノ ̄д ̄)ノ ~┻━┻

Dude, I just moved from there to St. Chuck. I literally lived .25 miles from lowe performance, I didn't know they were a Honda shop. WOW.
Probably don't specialize in Hondas, but sounds like they're willing to work on them enough since they're a sponsor for a stlhondas.com lol But wow. Talk about being close. Could just wheel your car down there if you felt like it XD

Originally Posted by ParaSurfer1979
Why did you back out?
Originally Posted by KillerG
i think this forum is Dry, we probably dont have any other ppl in the vicinity now. a honda accord forum would be the best best!
For two 8th gen Accord forums I know of...
DA: They shut down threads faster than you can blink when it comes to feeler threads and group buy threads for anything that isn't from one of their sponsors. Really hard to do anything about new products if you're not a sponsor.
M8G: They know about it. I think Keak even encouraged someone to take up this offer in his place. It's kinda debatable at the moment, though, because it was just announced by Throwdown Performance that P2R is releasing their own version of this pipe.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Whoever is interested in being the test subject please email me at sales@excelerateperformance.com with your name and information.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Banned

I post in which ive been a member 3 years since I had 08 accord EX-L/navi 4cyl and they've locked the thread twice because XLR8 is not a member there. stupid and I told the moderators that too. 100 members voted for 3days before it was locked. all were wanting this part and will buy.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Banned

Who ever arrives 1st wins...lol.

All sarcasm aside, it might be best for some local Arizona TSX owner to get it done, cause gas prices and lodging/dining cost aint worth it unfornautely.
There obviously hasn't been one or we would have had a pipe by now.

Probably don't specialize in Hondas, but sounds like they're willing to work on them enough since they're a sponsor for a stlhondas.com lol But wow. Talk about being close. Could just wheel your car down there if you felt like it XD

For two 8th gen Accord forums I know of...
DA: They shut down threads faster than you can blink when it comes to feeler threads and group buy threads for anything that isn't from one of their sponsors. Really hard to do anything about new products if you're not a sponsor.
M8G: They know about it. I think Keak even encouraged someone to take up this offer in his place. It's kinda debatable at the moment, though, because it was just announced by Throwdown Performance that P2R is releasing their own version of this pipe.
I posted twice. One was a simple poll and they locked it. They emailed me asking if I worked for them. I'm like no but that has lost all of my respect. I've been a respected member with almost 3000 posts there. I don't have an Accord anymore but i knew how much I wanted this part and others a knew other 8th Gen members did so I asked Josh at XLR8 if he'd be opened to the idea. I made the poll there and here and he was pleased at the interest and got the ball rolling. I'm glad to hear someone is trying to move in the accord forum because Josh will make sure his part is that much better. Please be patient and support XLR8's part for your car.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:35 PM
Op is too busy to care

since its still dry here...

this is just a thought, it would require a lot of work on your part para, but im just putting it out there...

make a new account, post in a regional section saying you are new to arizona and asking what other accord owners are in the area, then pm people who post that are close enough and explain the situation and link em to this page so they can read it themselves. profit

or

a craigslist ad is def not a bad idea, someone suggested it b4
Old 03-05-2011, 01:09 AM
Banned

since its still dry here...

this is just a thought, it would require a lot of work on your part para, but im just putting it out there...

make a new account, post in a regional section saying you are new to arizona and asking what other accord owners are in the area, then pm people who post that are close enough and explain the situation and link em to this page so they can read it themselves. profit

or

a craigslist ad is def not a bad idea, someone suggested it b4
Who said I live in AZ? We have a member (2 in fact) that will be going. Spring Break .
Old 03-05-2011, 02:54 AM
(ノ ̄д ̄)ノ ~┻━┻

I posted twice. One was a simple poll and they locked it. They emailed me asking if I worked for them. I'm like no but that has lost all of my respect. I've been a respected member with almost 3000 posts there. I don't have an Accord anymore but i knew how much I wanted this part and others a knew other 8th Gen members did so I asked Josh at XLR8 if he'd be opened to the idea. I made the poll there and here and he was pleased at the interest and got the ball rolling. I'm glad to hear someone is trying to move in the accord forum because Josh will make sure his part is that much better. Please be patient and support XLR8's part for your car.
From the looks of it, seems like Stephen's member and sponsor status is in limbo ever since DA was bought out by AutoGuide...Seems policies are changing slightly over there.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:17 AM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Okay guys Anyone that can get to Pheonix, AZ they'll get a free Downpipe which will be made from T304 stainless steel free before and afte dyno tuning which means if the pipe gets removed to make modifications so that it'll make more power, this is all at no cost to you. The pipe will have the 2nd cat deleted and the pipe freer flowing to max power gains. Please post here if interested or email Josh at the address under his sig. on the posts hes made here. This is an awesome deal for who jumps on it. 8-10hp gain free. Any questions That I can answer I'll try.
this just came up...with a cat deleted. would ppl (especially in CA) pass the emission test?
Old 03-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Banned

this just came up...with a cat deleted. would ppl (especially in CA) pass the emission test?
There is more than one cat in the TSX/Accord like the TL. The 3rd cat delete in TL has no sensor so it doesn't throw any codes. This is a very good question I'll throw to Josh at XLR8 Monday. Sound good?
Old 03-06-2011, 03:54 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

There is more than one cat in the TSX/Accord like the TL. The 3rd cat delete in TL has no sensor so it doesn't throw any codes. This is a very good question I'll throw to Josh at XLR8 Monday. Sound good?
Old 03-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Banned

Okay so josh said if they look for the cats then it wont pass. If they just run it and there are no CEL's which there won't be. It'll pass. It is the secondary cat that has no sensor to it. The main cat has O2 sensor.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:16 PM
Op is too busy to care

did u try the regional section here on azine?
Old 03-07-2011, 04:07 PM
(ノ ̄д ̄)ノ ~┻━┻

Okay so josh said if they look for the cats then it wont pass. If they just run it and there are no CEL's which there won't be. It'll pass. It is the secondary cat that has no sensor to it. The main cat has O2 sensor.
And that's when do one of two things:
1) You get a dummy cat installed over the pipe.
2) You swap out this pipe for the stock pipe with cat before inspections since it's just bolts holding it.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:21 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

And that's when do one of two things:
1) You get a dummy cat installed over the pipe.
2) You swap out this pipe for the stock pipe with cat before inspections since it's just bolts holding it.
haha is it really just that easy? if it is then i guess it wouldnt be a problem dont know yet lol
Old 03-08-2011, 02:41 PM
(ノ ̄д ̄)ノ ~┻━┻

From the looks of it, it's all bolts. Just need to get the car up and you can go from there. Shouldn't take more than an hour more or less.

And if they're visually inspecting, they're more likely to just take a glance, see if one's there, and check it off. Don't think there's any inspection stations that'll lift the car up and physically poke at the cat to see if it's legit or not. I'm sure as long as it looks like it's secured properly and installed, they'll pass it.

So far on installing a dummy cat, I can see one possibility to make it look properly secured and installed: Get someone to help fabricate/weld metal onto the down pipe and the connecting pipe where the cat would normally bolt to so it's shifted down slightly. Can make a mold/template out of the ends of the pipes for that. Make it look as clean yet sturdy as possible in regards to the welds. Bolt on. Profit.

Now, if for some reason you need to take stuff off, gonna take some extra time to unbolt, but for visual inspections sake, this should theoretically work.

Worse case: Just swap out the down pipe with the stock pipe + cat.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:03 AM
Banned

Did you guys decide not to go? Let us know so we can keep the thread alive for Josh at XLR8 to find a car for a free DP making around an extra 10hp/tq.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:13 AM
Pro

Received 140 Likes on 115 Posts
Can somebody post a pic, I dont know what you mean with downpipe, cant translate it with google in to german, makes no sense the german translations. Help a stupid german, want more hp.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by HondoGermany
Can somebody post a pic, I dont know what you mean with downpipe, cant translate it with google in to german, makes no sense the german translations. Help a stupid german, want more hp.
Pix are in my first post. read through the posts and there are acura schematics showing you the pipe that comes off the exhaust manifold. That's a down-pipe.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Burning Brakes

IF they are willing to work with one of the shops in STL or even Chicago, or Possibly ATL, I would be willing to take a mini vacation to see it through.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:13 PM
Banned

IF they are willing to work with one of the shops in STL or even Chicago, or Possibly ATL, I would be willing to take a mini vacation to see it through.
That wont happen. Does a car company ask another car company to build a car because that company is closer? lol. Sorry bro. You can just buy one when they become available. Thanks. This guys company is in Phoenix, AZ. XLR8 is not gonna pay someone's company to do what they can do for free in-house. This will happen when someone who is a member here is close to where XLR8's company is or willing to travel there. If any members have any questions i can answer about this or about this part, please post it here or PM me. I'm in daily contact with Joshua at XLR8 with whome took this on after i asked him to help make this part for my Accord family at www.. After 2 of my threads there were blocked because he wasn't a sponser of the site, I posted the same poll here. There are not as many TSX's out there as 8th gen accord's so had that thread staye alive the DP would have been done by now as the part for the TSX & Accords K24 is the same. The gains for the TSX would def be higher due to fuel and compression differences so the 9-10hp gains are based off what I know about the Accord. If it were my estimated guess I'd say dont be surprised to see 12hp from TSX but equal to Accord but the TQ numbers could yield more. TQ should equal the HP gain or more. The TSX has 11ft/lbs more than thew accord from the start due to fuel curve. Better exhaust flow will addi'd say 2-4 ft/lbs more than accords. Just think. The TSX would drive so nice at 211hp/185tq from just a DP. Then add the intake (12hp/12tq per Takeda) then you're at 223hp/197tq, and finally cat-back exhaust (5-10hp/5-8tq) for 233hp/206tq estimated after the 3 mods would gain you depending on brands 32hp/31tq max. These again are estimated. These 3 mods would make for a good power from the K24. Almost like a small 6cyl (2.5-3.0). In fact the TSX K24 would make more power/torque than the 98-02 Accord V6. Just foor for thought for you guys that per the weight of the 2nd gen TSX this car should post good numbers at the track.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:43 PM
Op is too busy to care

im guessing they cant do the fabricating up in new england at xlr8s other shop?
Old 03-20-2011, 11:59 PM
Banned

im guessing they cant do the fabricating up in new england at xlr8s other shop?
Ill def ask him tomorrow. You're up for being a tester? you'll get a free dp after its all done.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:05 AM
Op is too busy to care

to be honest no, the most i could do is a test fitting during a day trip, i wouldn't be able to do more than that, but we do have plenty of tsx'ers and accords up here that might be able to
Old 03-21-2011, 12:42 AM
Racer

Did you guys decide not to go? Let us know so we can keep the thread alive for Josh at XLR8 to find a car for a free DP making around an extra 10hp/tq.
Sorry Parasurfer, but we cant make it even if we wanted to because Socal is getting pelting by rain, and we suck at driving in it. And just heads up man, whenever someone posts in red text it means they are being sacastic or joking lol I though it apparent that was joking in my previous post but maybe I wasn't so I like to sincerely apologize for that.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:17 AM
Banned

Sorry Parasurfer, but we cant make it even if we wanted to because Socal is getting pelting by rain, and we suck at driving in it. And just heads up man, whenever someone posts in red text it means they are being sacastic or joking lol I though it apparent that was joking in my previous post but maybe I wasn't so I like to sincerely apologize for that.
Sorry the car must be in Pheonix, Az to those that were asking about other locations. As far as driving in the rain you suck at it? If you cant drive in rain, i'd be more scared to be on the road with drivers like you than the rain. Good tires, ABS, and maintaining responsible speed is how you dive in the rain. It's not like it would have been pouring all the way to AZ. Ha Ha... That was a funny comment. BTW I don't own a TSX so don't apologize to me. Maybe Josh at XLR8 or the other TSX's wanting this missing link. I wish you had told us when you changed you're mind so we could have kept looking. But I will start again. I hope you enjoy the part when you buy one.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:07 AM
Racer

Sorry the car must be in Pheonix, Az to those that were asking about other locations. As far as driving in the rain you suck at it? If you cant drive in rain, i'd be more scared to be on the road with drivers like you than the rain. Good tires, ABS, and maintaining responsible speed is how you dive in the rain. It's not like it would have been pouring all the way to AZ. Ha Ha... That was a funny comment. BTW I don't own a TSX so don't apologize to me. Maybe Josh at XLR8 or the other TSX's wanting this missing link. I wish you had told us when you changed you're mind so we could have kept looking. But I will start again. I hope you enjoy the part when you buy one.
I would like to sincerely apologize to Parasurfer, Josh, and my fellow CU2 TSXers who were looking forward for a downpipe. I will again say that I though my sarcasm was really clear with the red text, and me using the term sarcasm in one of my post. I understand that Parasurfer has put a lot of effort to get this project up in the air and me joking around was an insult to all of his hard work. I was mistaken and therefore understand my unforgivable mistake. I will avoid the same type of mistakes in my future posts.
And lastly Parasurfer, I just want to clarify that I don't drive in the rain when I dont have to, because I want to avoid unideal conditions where I have less control over my surroundings. This according to you makes me a terrible driver. That's your opinion, I am perfectly fine with that.
I won't have the privileged to enjoy the downpipe, because I plan on keeping my car forever and it wont pass California's strict smog test in the future. Good luck with the development of the downpipe.

Quick Reply: Would you be Interested in a Down-pipe for 09+ TSX?