Why I love my TSX

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 215 Likes on 169 Posts
Why I love my TSX

With all the recent negativity on the board I thought I'd change it up a bit and post why I love my TSX. In many aspects of life people often tend to dwell on the negative, but it doesn't hurt to focus on the positive once in awhile. I realized this last night as I was walking to my car after work; I *always* look forward to getting into my car after a long day!

So, why do I look forward to getting into my car? Here are a few reasons:

- I love the leather interior. This was one of the things that sold me when I leased the car. I keep my car clean and every time I step into the car I breathe a huge sigh of pleasure as I take in that delicious leather smell.

- The leather steering wheel. Ditto as above, plus it's the part where my body comes into direct contact with the vehicle. The leather just feels so good in my hands. This was another factor that affected my lease decision.

- Made in Japan. I'm 31, originally from Hong Kong, and I might be opening a can of worms here, but I was raised in the generation that believed anything made in Japan was AWESOME. Obviously this is not always the case anymore, but I admit that the Made in Japan label still affects me and my judgment of my car. Hey, emotions and affection are by definition irrational, right?

- ELS audio system. I've been fortunate and have not had any problems with my sound system. To me, level 16 is "blasting" and I rarely go that high, but even when I do it just sounds sweet. I listen to a wide range of music, from classical and cantopop to r&b and hip hop, and even *gasp* video game music. I have never been disappointed by the sound quality.

- Exclusivity. At this point in time, I still don't see many 2nd gen TSXs on the roads. I like the fact that I'm driving a unique car.

- Value for money. For the amount of money I'm paying for this car I'm really getting a lot of perks. Heated seats, GPS, ELS, 201 horses, and not to mention the MPG. I don't do a lot of highway driving and it still takes me 2 to 3 weeks to use up my gas tank.

- VTEC. I haven't driven many cars but when I get this car into its power band boy does it feel awesome. I got my first speeding ticket ever (in 12 years of experience) driving this car, going 80mph in a 50mph zone. I paid my $600 to my poor state of California and it was worth every penny.

There are more reasons but I fear my post is getting too long, and I have to get back to work. Now, post some of your reasons for loving this car!
Old 03-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Oh, I forgot to say that I love my wheels, too. They didn't come with the car, but so what?
Old 03-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by MrOtocinclus

- I love the leather interior. This was one of the things that sold me when I leased the car. I keep my car clean and every time I step into the car I breathe a huge sigh of pleasure as I take in that delicious leather smell.

- Exclusivity. At this point in time, I still don't see many 2nd gen TSXs on the roads. I like the fact that I'm driving a unique car.

- Value for money. For the amount of money I'm paying for this car I'm really getting a lot of perks. Heated seats, GPS, ELS, 201 horses, and not to mention the MPG. I don't do a lot of highway driving and it still takes me 2 to 3 weeks to use up my gas tank.
these are the top 3 that relates to me.

my favorite is that i rarely see 2nd gens. i see way more 1st gens and TLs on the streets/highway than 2nd gens.

my car is debadged and it only has the acura emblem but majority wouldnt even know that it was a TSX. they think its some sort of prototype car theyre lucky to see on the streets.

for example:
one of the financial reps at the dealer didnt even recognize it was 2nd gen because of the way i modded it. dude did a triple look and asked me what it was.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:53 PM
Drifting

Oh, I forgot to say that I love my wheels, too. They didn't come with the car, but so what?
i hate your rims. can i haz them?
Old 03-10-2010, 05:04 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I know I love my car because everytime after I clean it and take a step back and see it in the sun I'm left speechless every time! I love everything about my car and I look forward to driving it everyday.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Drifting

I know I love my car because everytime I get in and out of the car, I always check out her ass for a couple of seconds. so sexy.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 86 Posts
Where's the like button for this thread?
Old 03-10-2010, 06:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts
Pretty much all that MrOtocinclus mentioned san speeding ticket.

Just love the look of the car and overall handling. I actually look forward to my drive to/from work everyday because it's such a treat even after 21 months. The latest addition of the CTE Icebox is just an icing on the cake.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:39 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know I love my car because after I park it in BFE, I turn around and do a double-take thinking, "Wow, what a sharp little Honda." It feels like every week I discover some new body line on the car that...wasn't there before?

Also, drives home are the climax of my day. Drives in are slow and relaxing...seat heater on the low setting, HVAC blowing 76 degree air onto my dainty toes, bumping some subtle Talib Kweli, cruising at 55mph in the slow lane...life's good.

The drive home...well that's a little different. Radio is off. Seat heater off. HVAC completely off. Shoes off to get a better feel of the pedals. Two hands on the wheel at all times. Driving aggressively. Removing stress, one turn of the buttery smooth leather wheel at a time. The TSX is my big fat couch to cruise to school in, and it's my lightning quick escape pod to zip home in. It does it all, which is why I <3 her.

That was the corniest post I've ever made...on any forum. I feel slightly homosexual.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by TSteezyX
I know I love my car because after I park it in BFE, I turn around and do a double-take thinking, "Wow, what a sharp little Honda." It feels like every week I discover some new body line on the car that...wasn't there before?

Also, drives home are the climax of my day. Drives in are slow and relaxing...seat heater on the low setting, HVAC blowing 76 degree air onto my dainty toes, bumping some subtle Talib Kweli, cruising at 55mph in the slow lane...life's good.

The drive home...well that's a little different. Radio is off. Seat heater off. HVAC completely off. Shoes off to get a better feel of the pedals. Two hands on the wheel at all times. Driving aggressively. Removing stress, one turn of the buttery smooth leather wheel at a time. The TSX is my big fat couch to cruise to school in, and it's my lightning quick escape pod to zip home in. It does it all, which is why I <3 her.

That was the corniest post I've ever made...on any forum. I feel slightly homosexual.
sounds like you got a boner hahaha
Old 03-10-2010, 07:17 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
^ LOL

i love it for what everyone saids...and its my FIRST CAR! (aside from the civic, which isnt really "mine"). its the first car my family ever owend thats considered luxury. we never owend a car with leather seats before...or heated seats..or climate control...or mirrors that tilt down in reverse(makes paralle a hell lot easier)...or autodiming rear mirror...or HID lights..or fog lights..(those two are minor, but hey, looksg ood)..or usb integration...or sports mode...or have that much power...or bluetooth...(which i found very useful, i dont see why everyone compalins about it...)...well over all. everything seems good to me since its my first
Old 03-10-2010, 07:20 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by defconskylude
sounds like you got a boner hahaha

Indeed. Which is why I leave my steering wheel in the highest tilt position possible.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ed_423
^ LOL

i love it for what everyone saids...and its my FIRST CAR! (aside from the civic, which isnt really "mine"). its the first car my family ever owend thats considered luxury. we never owend a car with leather seats before...or heated seats..or climate control...or mirrors that tilt down in reverse(makes paralle a hell lot easier)...or autodiming rear mirror...or HID lights..or fog lights..(those two are minor, but hey, looksg ood)..or usb integration...or sports mode...or have that much power...or bluetooth...(which i found very useful, i dont see why everyone compalins about it...)...well over all. everything seems good to me since its my first
wait mine doesnt tilt the mirrors..... is it a setting somewhere?
Old 03-10-2010, 11:31 PM
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by hjahmad
wait mine doesnt tilt the mirrors..... is it a setting somewhere?
Slide the sideview mirror selector switch to the right to turn on this feature. Enjoy your new ride!

Love my TSX cause of the VALUE. No other car gives you as much for the price you're paying. Period. And it's a honda so I'm going to run this thing to the ground. Oh, and the fact that this thing is so damn sexy, especially the back end.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts

haha don't feel bad bro. I <3 mine as well--it ain't corny
Old 03-10-2010, 11:46 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by 5thTo2nd
Slide the sideview mirror selector switch to the right to turn on this feature. Enjoy your new ride!

Love my TSX cause of the VALUE. No other car gives you as much for the price you're paying. Period. And it's a honda so I'm going to run this thing to the ground. Oh, and the fact that this thing is so damn sexy, especially the back end.
thats it? simple
thanks, love it even more
Old 03-11-2010, 12:53 AM
Three Wheelin'

Oh yes, I forgot to mention this nifty little feature, as well as the back up camera. Parallel parking will never be the same again.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:54 AM
Three Wheelin'

Hey, nothing wrong with that, man. Love is love.

I know I love my car because after I park it in BFE...
What's BFE?
Old 03-16-2010, 11:44 AM
Racer

so i gave my tsx to the dealer for some things that were to get added on and i go a TL as a loaner. great car btw. anyways, i was just messing around with it and found that both mirrors tilt down depending on which position the switch is. is the tsx capable of tilting down either mirror? i remember trying it but i dont remember

other than that, i think i like the interior styling of the tsx a little more. it seems more refined to me than the TL
Old 03-16-2010, 12:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
there starting to be more 2G TSX on the road where I go to school. Just today, as I was walking out of my class, I saw three 2G TSX in the same parking row. mine, this other guy's white TSX w/ tinted taillights and debadged (Don't know if he is on the board, but if your in UCF and you are on here, i see you lol), and another black 2G stock. of course there are two other members that I see on campus.

Even when I leave my car I give a double take and admire my own car. Heh i've even got some people complimenting on my car and got some people turning heads.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
VTEC FTW! lol
Old 03-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's BFE?
It stands for Bum Fuck, Egypt or Butt Fucking, Egypt.

Its an expresssion meaning out in the middle of nowhere or away from populated areas.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:58 PM
Instructor

so i gave my tsx to the dealer for some things that were to get added on and i go a TL as a loaner. great car btw. anyways, i was just messing around with it and found that both mirrors tilt down depending on which position the switch is. is the tsx capable of tilting down either mirror? i remember trying it but i dont remember

other than that, i think i like the interior styling of the tsx a little more. it seems more refined to me than the TL
The passenger side mirror is the only one that will tilt down when engaged in reverse. I didn't know this until I was adjusting the passenger mirror and it tilted when I put the car in reverse. I think tried moving the switch for the driver side and it didn't move it like the passenger. I was kinda dissapointed, but I'll take one tilting mirror as opposed to none.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:32 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Originally Posted by kowloonsniperhk
there starting to be more 2G TSX on the road where I go to school. Just today, as I was walking out of my class, I saw three 2G TSX in the same parking row. mine, this other guy's white TSX w/ tinted taillights and debadged (Don't know if he is on the board, but if your in UCF and you are on here, i see you lol), and another black 2G stock. of course there are two other members that I see on campus.

Even when I leave my car I give a double take and admire my own car. Heh i've even got some people complimenting on my car and got some people turning heads.
i agree, i do begin to see some more on the road. theres one park in my school's administratar's parking lot. probably a staff drives it, same color as mine grigio..but chrom stock rims and a very sexy black, but stalk, tl-s
Old 03-16-2010, 09:55 PM
Intermediate

What's BFE?
I had annoying engine pinging for a good while (now fixed) and three blown door speakers (now fixed). I loved the car from day one anyways.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:20 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by acuratsx2010
It stands for Bum Fuck, Egypt or Butt Fucking, Egypt.

Its an expresssion meaning out in the middle of nowhere or away from populated areas.
Thanks for the explanation! I have to say I've never heard it before.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:22 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by kowloonsniperhk
Yeah, I admire your car too. You have Tein s-techs, right? My personal taste is that I like how that drop looks better than the Eibachs.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:25 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I'm glad you like your car. It's such a joy to enjoy what you drive.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:45 AM
2010 Acura TSX

Totally agree with the OP, although I never have to use the seat heaters where I live. For me, this is the first "luxury" car I've owned and like other posters here - I like the fact that there aren't as many around. Seems like everyone on my island has a Lexus.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:42 AM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by defconskylude
one of the financial reps at the dealer didnt even recognize it was 2nd gen because of the way i modded it. dude did a triple look and asked me what it was.
propably thats why he is in financial...
Old 03-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Intermediate

Top things I like about the TSX:

1. Understated luxury, not over-the-top like other brands
2. Exterior looks
3. A lot of tech gadgets, some more useful than others
4. Gas mileage, just recently got 29.5mpg on the dashboard meter!
5. Plenty of accel for a 4 cylinder

No regrets about buying the 2010 TSX. The other car I was mainly considering was the Lexus 250h hybrid, and that car is having a lot of issues.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:38 PM
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Yea - I like them, too. Could you tell me what brand, model, and size are they and what size the tires are.

Thanks!
Old 03-18-2010, 10:02 AM
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 105 Posts
I love my TSX for loads of reasons: chassis dynamics, fantastic manual tranny, engine, mileage, seats, gauges, audio, Bluetooth, etc. I always look forward to driving it, despite the slight imprecision on the highway relative to competitors. It's excellent overall and, without a doubt, the standout value in its class.

The presumed Honda reliability is especially satisfying to me after seven years in a 1995 Volkswagen, and eight in a 2001 Saab. I needed a break from European cars. For me, peace of mind = love.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:19 PM
5th Gear

and even *gasp* video game music. !
This comment totally made my laugh. I just loaded the Bioshock and Bioshock 2 soundtracks on to my flash drive yesterday haha.
Old 03-20-2010, 12:59 AM
THƎSƎ HOPƎFUL MACHINƎS

Slide the sideview mirror selector switch to the right to turn on this feature.
thats it? simple
thanks, love it even more
Move the switch to the left, and the left mirror will do the same.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:16 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by jsilas
Move the switch to the left, and the left mirror will do the same.
No it won't. Not on our 2G TSX, but I believe the 4G TL as well as RL works on the left side as well.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:34 AM
SeeYou2Crew #2

^ yea..i wish it has a function where we can choose left tilt, right tilt, both tilt, or both not tilt. :p
Old 03-23-2010, 07:21 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
wait until you have your first accident then see how you feel.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:40 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

^ LOl well thats not very positive
Old 03-23-2010, 11:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, not sure who that comment is intended for...

Quick Reply: Why I love my TSX