TSX V-6 vs. G37 sedan

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 01:14 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shift_Acura
Wow u dont sound like u know much about cars

Did u just google search and make a decision or did u test drive both cars?

43 mpg? Did the Acura salesman tell u that one?
im pretty sure he meant that the ford focus is 43mpg.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:03 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts

43 mpg? Did the Acura salesman tell u that one?
He's talking about the 2011 Ford Focus, not an Acura.

This thread just made a U-Turn.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:58 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
He's talking about the 2011 Ford Focus, not an Acura.

This thread just made a U-Turn.
Guess i was still in shock after reading that he's getting a V6 TSX over a G37 to realize what he meant...i dont care if im coming off as an a-hole but some ppl will just buy anything with an "A" or "H" emblem on the front
Old 12-16-2009, 09:54 AM
SAR
Cruisin'

Wow, reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. In my op I clearly stated that speed, handling, and torque will not factor into my decision. Yet, your 1st reply focuses on the presumed superiority of the Inf engine and chassis configuration.One would infer from your most helpful input that you are speaking to the performance advantages those elements would indicate. Again, not relevant to this driver. Sharing information and personal preferences is fine, as that is the mitochondria of internet forums, however, your glib opening was directed towards me. "Wow the fact that you would even consider a Honda Accord V6 ooops I mean TSX V6 over a G37 is mind boggling." That isn't surprising, since I'm sure most things,concepts, ideas, etc. boggle your mind. I ignored your conspicuos oversight and politely reiterated the finer points of my op. Now, in your most recent post, I once again find myself charged with your ineptitude. "43 mpg? Did the Acura salesman tell u that one?" Please reread my post, then maybe, you can unriddle my cryptic words and know why this question makes no sense.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:20 PM
Burning Brakes

So ur saying that the engine, chasis, performance, handling, speed and torque dont matter??

Why not just get a Corolla then and save $20k?
Old 12-16-2009, 01:13 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by PhilB81
Holy Moly man, were you dragging a boat anchor? Before my TL typeS, I had a 2001 CL typeS, and during most of the time when I owned that car i had a LOT of highway miles. And with about 85% highway, I averaged 28mpg with the CL-S. Highway speeds were 75-80mph, i rarely went over that, and only in short bursts [passing a semi truck or something]. I attribute my lower fuel economy in my current TL to it having steeper angled winshield and rear window. [CL was super smooth] and also, since my current TL is stick shift, it revvs about 500rpm more on the highway at 80mph.

Lol, your like made me laugh... so i had to mention it
In the 9+ years I owned my CL-S the most I got to a full tank was 360 miles and that was 100% HWY to atlantic city and back , you are saying that every fill up you got more then 400 miles to a tank?
I never got 400 miles to a tank and I tried when gas was $4 a gallon, maybee its the NJ traffic or the hills, I have no clue .. All I know is I NEVER broke 400 miles to a tank.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:18 PM
SAR
Cruisin'

So ur saying that the engine, chasis, performance, handling, speed and torque dont matter??

Why not just get a Corolla then and save $20k?
Your stupidity is maddening. AGAIN, i will refer you to my op. The aforementioned criteria, and that which it excludes, is meant to elucidate those factors that will assist forum members and myself in helping me to make a choice between the TSX-V6 and G37, SPECIFICALLY and EXCLUSIVELY. Further, the performance disparity between THESE two vehicles is negligible as it pertains to ME and,(My apologies to the literate for repeating myself,again) THIS decision. Now, does that mean it is negligible to a mouth breather such as yourself? Perhaps not... Also, does that mean the difference between the G and the Corolla would be negligible to me? No it doesn't! Do you understand this not so subtle distinction? Do you understand the words that are magically appearing on your screen? Lastly, after considering these two vehicles and the mostly helpful input from fellow FORUMers, I decided that neither presented the complete packgage that would justify spending 35+. My FOCUS then shifted to efficiency. Which I would define as high MPGs, infrequent and low cost maintenance,etc. Hence, the Ford. Now, if YOU would like to initiate a Corolla vs. Focus thread, then that's another story for another unfortunate forum. Godspeed...
Old 12-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Vancouver B.C.

Received 325 Likes on 262 Posts
Let SAR pick his damn car lol.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:26 PM
WTH happened to my garage

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by SAR
I've been steadfast in my decision to buy a G37 sedan for the past year. What factors into my choice?- reliability,exterior styling, interior comfort and refinement, smooth ride quality.
Shift didn't pick up on it immediately, so, ok, so be it, it happens.

You stated you were steadfast in your decision and had given it 12 months of consideration. I assumed you meant you had test driven, done your due diligence and then came across the TSX as a potential alternative.

If reliability, styling, interior comfort, refinement and a smooth ride were/are still your concerns, how did a Focus land in the ring?

I have owned 10 or so Fords, including a single digit ET 5.0 coupe and a Lightning, so please don't reply that I'm a Ford hater.

I did read you changed your Focus to efficiency, ok, so be it. You gotta admit you did kinda throw us a curve here.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SAR
Ok, I've made a decision and here it be:
I chose the Acura. Why? I have a strong feeling the mpg's for the INF will be less than their claims, and Honda's will be more than is claimed. Perhaps this is an erroneous surmission, but I'm going with my gut. Also, though I know the INF is just as reliable as Honda, I believe it will require more and costlier maintenance.
My bad...for some reason that post made me think u chose the Acura...i wonder why. Anyways the Focus on the other hand is an excellent little car
Old 12-16-2009, 08:08 PM

^ Duh me, LOL, yeah, then there's that.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 465 Likes on 259 Posts
Originally Posted by StonedCL
In the 9+ years I owned my CL-S the most I got to a full tank was 360 miles and that was 100% HWY to atlantic city and back , you are saying that every fill up you got more then 400 miles to a tank?
I never got 400 miles to a tank and I tried when gas was $4 a gallon, maybee its the NJ traffic or the hills, I have no clue .. All I know is I NEVER broke 400 miles to a tank.
I have owned my cl-s only 4 yrs, I bought it as a CPO and drove it from 37k miles to 116k or so. And usually I would fuel up 15 gallons between 380 and 410 miles. Everything was stock except I had a pioneer navi unit.
Odd how our consumption. Differs so much, but I'll stop that here I don't want to wreck this thread further.

To the op, enjoy the focus, I personally am not a fan of the styling especially the interior, but that's personal taste.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:25 PM
SAR
Cruisin'

Ok HeavyDuty, here we go:
(I'm going forward with the assumption you have read all of our exchanges, if not, then you are just as culpable as Shift_Acura.)

"Shift didn't pick up on it immediately, so, ok, so be it, it happens."
-Actually, what Shift attempted to do was patronize and belittle me, but was betrayed by the dullness of his mind.

"...it happens."
-Being mistaken is perfectly acceptable, which is what Shift understood me to be. However, he was unwilling to confer the "it happens" attitude, instead offering only smugness. So why would you expect anything less than the same from my direction?

"You stated you were steadfast in your decision and had given it 12 months of consideration. I assumed you meant you had test driven, done your due diligence and then came across the TSX as a potential alternative."
-Yes, that is exactly correct.

"If reliability, styling, interior comfort, refinement and a smooth ride were/are still your concerns, how did a Focus land in the ring? "
- After abandoning the 2 sports sedans that launched this thread, for reasons already explained, I then turned to efficiency(fuel,cost,maintenance,global consciousness,etc.) as the prevailing influence. However, drivability and all that it encompasses, doesn't have to be completely lost. Designed in Europe, the all-new 2011 Ford Focus will ride on a global platform, and will be implemented with the progressive engineering and styling elements once limited to markets outside of the U.S. I honestly don't feel compromised in this choice. Shedding pretensions and saving "$20k" is quite liberating. Though, Ford has made ambitious promises in the past, only to disappoint. We'll know soon enough...

"I have owned 10 or so Fords, including a single digit ET 5.0 coupe and a Lightning, so please don't reply that I'm a Ford hater."
-I would never do that, Sir.

"I did read you changed your Focus to efficiency, ok, so be it. You gotta admit you did kinda throw us a curve here."
-There was no curve. Two able contenders were presented for discussion, an inspired deliberation soon followed, and a decision was rendered. Euclid could not have constructed a more perfect line.
The Focus was merely a real-time update, which I thought would add color to the postscript, and not confusion.

Goodnight...
Old 12-17-2009, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by SAR
After abandoning the 2 sports sedans that launched this thread.
Read: "The guy in the finance office told me an altruistic pursuit is more of an attainable target."

Originally Posted by SAR
My primary concerns? Reliability, styling, interior comfort, refinement and a smooth ride...then I then turned to efficiency fuel, cost,maintenance,global consciousness,etc.) as the prevailing influence.
Read: "The guy in the finance office told me an altruistic pursuit is more of an attainable target."

Originally Posted by SAR
-There was no curve. Two able contenders were presented for discussion, an inspired deliberation soon followed, and a decision was rendered. The Focus was merely a real-time update, which I thought would add color to the postscript, and not confusion.

Read: "There was no confusion. I presented an Acura and an Infiniti and when I realized I couldn't afford either of them, I decided to satiate my angst by throwing in a Ford."

"So then I posted that I chose the Acura then went on to state the Ford Focus will serve me well."

"This thinly veiled exercise in histrionics is an attempt to make the rest of the forum appear pretentious, frivolous and ecologically unsound in their choice of vehicle."

"That'll show them."

Life Dies, meet SAR. SAR, Life Dies.

Have fun in the Focus forums. We sure are going to miss you.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:55 PM
SAR
Cruisin'

There is no need to engage in class warfare; Don't throw others under the bus who have no vested interest in this discussion.
Please refrain from posting on this or any other site to prevent further embarrassing yourself. With advancements in stem cell technology and less invasive surgical techniques, one day you may be able to lead a normal life.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:54 PM

LOL, your thread & subsequent posts are a good argument for banning the use of forceps in the delivery room.

Old 12-17-2009, 05:02 PM
SAR
Cruisin'

42, and you still haven't developed a sense of humor.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Let's keep it civil, guys.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:14 PM
gp1
1st Gear

Trying to decide on a new ride.

I felt like having to comment on this. I'm currently trying to choose between several vehicles and I'm leaning towards the TSX. Here are Cars I've driven in the past 2 weeks:

Audi A4 premium plus Front trak and quattro
Infinit G37 sedan
Bmw 335i sedan
Acura TSX V6 and TL
Lexus IS350 (pending test drive)

Just to be clear I normally would prefer an AWD or RWD vehicle. My last car was an EVO. But after driving these cars, it's not as straightforward as you would think. They all have flaws and it really comes down to personal preference.
You would think the G37 would be the logical choice but after driving one, I wasn't impressed. Not fond of the interior and had poor rear legroom for a car that size to name a few. When factoring in cost to value, performance, look and feel of interior, and exterior styling. Some of these cars are just not worth their price based on brand. I'm looking in the 30K to 40K range but want value for the price.

Also, I don't really understand the Honda re-badge statements? If Honda offered the TSX, it would still be a great car and an upgrade over any of the sedans they currently offer. The fact of the matter is: Acura is by Honda, Lexus by Toyota, Infiniti by Nissan. Get the picture?
Old 12-25-2009, 12:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gp1

Also, I don't really understand the Honda re-badge statements? If Honda offered the TSX, it would still be a great car and an upgrade over any of the sedans they currently offer. The fact of the matter is: Acura is by Honda, Lexus by Toyota, Infiniti by Nissan. Get the picture?
The reason for calling the TSX a re-badged Honda is quite simple actually; Infiniti G37 does not share chasis or engine with any Nissan sedans (Altima,Maxima). Acura TSX however is built on the same platform as the Accord and has the same engines. The TSX is also literally re-badged as a Honda Accord in Europe.

That doesnt Automatically make the TSX inferior but it sure as hell shows a lack of effort and lack of investment by Honda in their so called Luxury brand.
Old 12-25-2009, 01:52 AM
SAR
Cruisin'

Hello gp1,
Your list of vehicles was the same as mine before I settled on the G, but then I recently considered the TSX V6, hence this thread.

I'm going to be as specific as possible, which can sometimes mean petty, as to why I passed on the following cars:

Audi A4: I love Audis, they have the sharpest styling of any vehicles south of 100k. Check out the Audi A5 Sedan Sportback if you doubt me. Their interiors are amazing and convey high-end luxury even on their entry level vehicles. The front end on the A4 has an aggressive muscular disposition which I like. Headroom, which I need, is amongst the most ample in its class. Color options are second to none with Audi. However, I don't like the back of this car. It seems like Audi gave up halfway through, and decided the front was good enough to make up for any flaws in the back. Kinda like home hair cutting. It ruins an otherwise beautiful design. Also, in order to package this car similar to its ad campaign form, the price is upwards of 40k. For that price point, I could explore far more interesting options. I also don't like heavy vehicles equipped with 4 cylinder engines. Get the V6 and you lose the mpg appeal. I rarely see adult men(30+, I'm 33) driving this vehicle. Should I care? Perhaps not, but for 40k+ it may not be worth the "older guy trying to be hip, but failing miserably" complex. And finally, and most importantly- Audi reliability. Who am I to impugn the abilities of a German engineer? Well, where their is smoke their is fire. Audi, though rising steadily, continually ranks low in this category compared to other brands. I passed...

BMW 335: This one is easy... The 3 series looks too small,...from any angle. I'm also not impressed with its middle of the road styling. It looks like a chic car. The coupe wit da rims is a different story, though. Regardless of my financial viability and on principle alone, it's ridiculously overpriced. Does BMW have the best engineered tranny? Yes, they do... Does that mean anything to me? No it doesn't. I drive to and from work, the "store", stop and go, etc. Not on winding mountain roads or an off the line straightaway so often portrayed in car reviews. Yes, "free" maintenance is a good thing, but that doesn't mean I want to spend more time than I have to at the dealer, in service, or in a loaner. I passed...

Lexus IS350: This car has everything! Perfect styling, inside and out, reliability second to none, and more than enough oomph to satisfy any weekend warrior. And if I were around 5'10," this is exactly what I would be driving. Well I'm 6'4," so I passed...

Acura TL: Why Acura!!? Why!!? Before I saw the redesign, I already decided on the TL. After all, the previous TL was near perfect for its time, so it could only get better! Right? Well, I was wrong! The exterior look of this car, alone, was enough to dissuade me. The TL has my favorite interior of ANY car, honda reliability, and a smooth supple ride, but at the end of the day I still have to look at it, and so do others. Though, it does look better in the metal, than in photos, and it has grown on me somewhat, I still can't get passed that short wheelbase to car length ratio, never mind the grill and the trunk. Grudgingly, I passed...

Cadillac CTS (What the hey): Love the angular look... Caddy does it better than anyone I've seen. In fact, equipped with the proper tires and rims, I rank the CTS #1 in exterior proportions and styling. Interior is adequate; It doesn't really swing me either way, though. Cadillac reliability lies somewhere between the krauts and the Japs, so it didn't factor too heavily in my final decision. However, the price, after equipped with the desired options, certainly did. This car is well into the 40s by the time it begins to resemble the one you saw parked at the gym. Also, this car still retains the "old person" stigma. At this point, I should be above worrying about what others think, but I guess I'm not that mature(or old), so I passed...

Addendum: AWD vs. RWD vs. FWD makes very little difference to me in the way and where I drive. They each have their advantages and disadvantages. Anyone who tells you one is absolutely better than the other for everyday driving spends way too much time believing everything he/she reads in some car enthusiasts forum, save this one. I think the performance disparities that once existed between these drivetrains has been narrowed so much in recent years as to not be relevant anymore, but to the highly discriminating driver.

- Though the BMW and the Lexus are probably not too different in their comparable exterior dimensions, I feel the Lexus's design connotes a more masculine aesthetic and consequently a more substantial presence. The "chick car factor" of the Lexus is also diminished by wheel and color selections, tints, which really lend itself to this design,minor body mods, and the distinguishing 350 badge. Try that comparably equipped with the Beamer; The effect won't be the same and you're well into $$$ A5 territory, which I would take over any 3 series any day.

- Based on my OP and subsequent posts, including and especially this one, you should be able to infer, thoroughly, as to why I narrowed(past tense, FOCUS people!) my choices down to the G and Acura. Hence, their conspicuous omission from the discussion above.

- Some people will pejoratively refer to Acuras as "re-badged Hondas." It's obviously meant to be disparaging because the TSX and Accord share many build elements in ways other brands don't with their own respective luxury arms.

- Speaking of not understanding- "The fact of the matter is: Acura is by Honda, Lexus by Toyota, Infiniti by Nissan. Get the picture? "
- I'm not exactly sure what prompted this comment from gp1... but thanks for the info, anyway.

I hope this has been somewhat helpful, and would ask that you please keep us posted.
Thanks
SAR
Old 12-25-2009, 02:30 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts
^Interesting observation, SAR. I looked at some of the same vehicles before settling on my TSX. Main reason is reliability, my last Honda has over 420,000km on the I4 engine. I would have purchased the TSX with or without the Acura badge.

Remember, there is no TL in Asia or Europe, hence the variety of engine choices and options available for the Euro Accord. If you start putting in ACC, LKAS, CMBS etc, the car will be in the $50K range.

I like the Infiniti G37 sedan which btw is the Nissan Skyline 370GT in Japan. It's not available in 4cyl/6MT combo and therefore not suited for my needs.

Good luck in your search gp1.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:12 PM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
The reason for calling the TSX a re-badged Honda is quite simple actually; Infiniti G37 does not share chasis or engine with any Nissan sedans (Altima,Maxima). Acura TSX however is built on the same platform as the Accord and has the same engines. The TSX is also literally re-badged as a Honda Accord in Europe.
Correction, the TSX is based on the Accord platform (not built as the same). Many things above the platform level are different. For example, you say that that they have the same engines, but I don't consider the TSX's k24 engine the same as the euro accord's k20 engine.

Just because the TSX is based on another platform doesn't mean they are exactly the same. Some things are better on the TSX, and other things are better on the accord (I want those power-folding side view mirrors).
Old 12-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
interesting observation.....
keep us posted....
Old 12-26-2009, 05:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 465 Likes on 259 Posts
Well I want in on the AWD vs FWD vs RWD debate. I don't like fwd because it often gives a heavy steering feel to any car over 200hp. That said, I like it because it's more fuel efficient than awd, and better in snow than rwd.

About the chick car factor, in my opinion the Lexus IS is by a long shot the one that looks like a chick car.

And about the luxury brand, all I can say is our local Acura dealership is more pleasant than the local Honda.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:27 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SoCaliTrojan
Correction, the TSX is based on the Accord platform (not built as the same). Many things above the platform level are different. For example, you say that that they have the same engines, but I don't consider the TSX's k24 engine the same as the euro accord's k20 engine.

Just because the TSX is based on another platform doesn't mean they are exactly the same. Some things are better on the TSX, and other things are better on the accord (I want those power-folding side view mirrors).
The TSX is the same vehicle as the euro Accord. It is badge engineered. However, the TSX has a different engine variant to suit North American consumer preferences.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:35 AM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

^maybe he said 23? no way u can get 43mpg...not even if u running on jet fuel
Old 12-28-2009, 08:46 AM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't understand why the OP got a V6 TSX if the thing he was most worried about was fuel economy. I drove both the v6 and i4 TSX b4 making my decision and the v6 did not seen like it was that much faster, it had more passing speed when you where at higher speed but off the line if you mashed both they where close.. I work for infiniti and was going to get a G37x premium or i4 TSX (if i was comparing the v6 TSX to g37 I would have been driving a G37x) It all came down to PRICE for me and the lease on the TSX was about $100 less a month and service wise the ACura needs its first service at 7500 miles where the G needs it a 3500 miles. So with insurance ,gas, and service I was saving about $150 a month picking a I4 TSX ovcer a G37x. The G drives,handles, and does everything better then the tsx i4 and v6 but where I am in my life right now it was not worth $150 more a month and about $6000 over the term of the lease..
Old 12-28-2009, 01:41 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rebadged Honda ok....then a G37 is a just a different take on the Nissian Skyline. It boils down to what you can get for what you want to spend. I considered the nearest comparable 3 series Bimmer over the TSX but when I added in what I was getting as standard in the TSX tech package to the BMW - I chose the TSX. However if I ever get a pay increase and loose the alimony checks I have to cut the ex.....Bimmer here I come.

I did consider moving from the 09 to the 10 TSX but the change in mpg I did not want to lose. BTW. I have a friend who is 6'2" 240+ who flolds up nicely in his 09 TSX.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:52 PM
Intermediate

...of course the G37 price delta is closer - not as large and pretty comparable. This is a good site to use if you want to compare vehicles on price, features, function.

http://www.truedelta.com/comparisons...sion_code=&aff=
Old 12-28-2009, 04:41 PM
SAR
Cruisin'

I don't understand why the OP got a V6 TSX if the thing he was most worried about was fuel economy. I drove both the v6 and i4 TSX b4 making my decision and the v6 did not seen like it was that much faster, it had more passing speed when you where at higher speed but off the line if you mashed both they where close.. I work for infiniti and was going to get a G37x premium or i4 TSX (if i was comparing the v6 TSX to g37 I would have been driving a G37x) It all came down to PRICE for me and the lease on the TSX was about $100 less a month and service wise the ACura needs its first service at 7500 miles where the G needs it a 3500 miles. So with insurance ,gas, and service I was saving about $150 a month picking a I4 TSX ovcer a G37x. The G drives,handles, and does everything better then the tsx i4 and v6 but where I am in my life right now it was not worth $150 more a month and about $6000 over the term of the lease..
1) I didn't get a TSX V6.
2) In my OP, fuel economy is declared a concern as it pertains to
the TSX V6 vs. the G; V6 vs. V6 MPGs...not MPGs at any
compromise.
3) I agree, the differences between the I4 and V6 are insignificant.
I've now decided to stop the madness and just get a 4 cylinder car.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:05 PM
SAR
Cruisin'

Sorry, I prematurely posted, and didn't get a chance to finish during the edit...

compromise.
3) Very recently, the differences between the I4 and V6 have become insignificant to me, and as you've noted, in actuality. I've NOW decided to stop the madness and just get a 4 cylinder car, but I'm going with a lighter hatch and not the TSX. It will save me a lot money in all aspects of car ownership, especially against the G. I've always quietly liked sporty little hatches, but never had the intestinal fortitude to drive one. Honestly, this recent car shopping saga of trying to get the most bang for my buck between 30k - 40k has been exhausting. I don't need it anymore. I still refuse to buy an ugly car, though. Are you listening Ford!!?

Last edited by SAR; 12-28-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SAR
Sorry, I prematurely posted, and didn't get a chance to finish during the edit...

compromise.
3) Very recently, the differences between the I4 and V6 have become insignificant to me, and as you've noted, in actuality. I've NOW decided to stop the madness and just get a 4 cylinder car, but I'm going with a lighter hatch and not the TSX. It will save me a lot money in all aspects of car ownership, especially against the G. I've always quietly liked sporty little hatches, but never had the intestinal fortitude to drive one. Honestly, this recent car shopping saga of trying to get the most bang for my buck between 30k - 40k has been exhausting. I don't need it anymore. I still refuse to buy an ugly car, though. Are you listening Ford!!?
Not the hatch?! I talked my dealer down to 29 for an 09 TSX with the tech package then hit that with a trade in down to 23. The 4 is a nice car especially when driving in Sports using the tiptronic as a manual when you want to hang a little bit of VTec sack out the windows at cavaliers, camrys, civics, and Accords and others who think just because it's a 4 and fuel efficient - you cannot take them (that and a little bit of driving edge)....

Yes it's madness but that is why we are the hunters!

Last edited by TSX1138; 12-28-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:15 PM
Intermediate

SAR,

Forgot to add...for the last couple of years I've headed cross country for the summer, about 1600 miles one way. At a good average running speed of about 75, I recorded about 33 to 36 mpg. Of course in the city that drops to about 24.

Just some data for you if still interested.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:33 PM
SAR
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by TSX1138
Not the hatch?! I talked my dealer down to 29 for an 09 TSX with the tech package then hit that with a trade in down to 23. The 4 is a nice car especially when driving in Sports using the tiptronic as a manual when you want to hang a little bit of VTec sack out the windows at cavaliers, camrys, civics, and Accords and others who think just because it's a 4 and fuel efficient - you cannot take them (that and a little bit of driving edge)....

Yes it's madness but that is why we are the hunters!
Lol... Excellent point if indeed those MPGs you quoted are replicable.
I still want to wait for the 2011 Focus to be unveiled next month before I make any purchase decisions, though. Anything less than total Euro econosporty awesomeness, then I'll turn elsewhere. I do like the 2010 Mazda 3 5 door hatch, well except for the smiley grill of course.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
If you are in So Cal, i have a hook up for Mazdas.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:36 AM
SAR
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by CU2MIKE
If you are in So Cal, i have a hook up for Mazdas.
I live in Miami right now, but i'm actually looking to move to SoCal this summer. I've threatened this move in the past, but it's just not easy leaving paradise. Although, LA isn't exactly Timbuktu either. So yes, a Mazda hook up would be great. I'll let you know, thanks!
Old 12-29-2009, 08:00 AM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
no comparison here really, except the prices are similar msrp-wise. G37 with that new motor along with the new 7 speed auto plus RWD is head and shoulder above the fwd, old sohc v6 with 5 speed auto of TSX V6. if you want to nip pick about interior quality then i got nothing to say. but for my $35k plus, i'd rather have G37 any day of the week.