Suspension Noise

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 01:34 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suspension Noise

Hello all.

I just purchased a 2013 TSX, base, Milano Red/Parchment, and I am in need of some help.

On my way home from purchasing the vehicle...with 3 miles...I heard a noise from the front suspension. A clunk at slow, stop/go traffic. I returned the next day to the dealer and the tech said maybe brake calipers, maybe new bushings, give it time. I doubted the diagnosis and went home and Googled "TSX suspension noise"...and that took me here. I read a thread that had other people complaining of same issue, and ultimately a fix with a TSB B012-041. So, with that in hand, I returned to the dealer. Of course, the morning was cool and the noise not there. (The TSB states noise only in high temps to to grease pooling in ball joint). So, the dealer refused to fix per the TSB since the could not replicate.

So, I left pissed. Called Acura customer care and complained. They too said I needed to replicate the sound. A few days later...car making noise...call dealer to say I'm on my way...they are open till 7pm...I show at 6...no one there to hear noise...all techs just left. Called Acura customer care again. They appologized and said that would just fix it.

Then they called back a day later and said no...again. Their reasoning is that since my car had a 5/2013 build date...and the TSB pre-dates that...I should already have the redisigned ball joints (required to be installed by the TSB) on my car.

Does that sound right?

Thanks in advance for the advice.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 241 Likes on 185 Posts
It is a hassle taking it to the dealer. However, I would continue, or if there is another dealer within driving distance, call them and explain how you have been treated. Generally a second dealer will listen, and wanting the business will handle the job.

I have been fortunate, my dealer always took care of me.

I hope you get the issue resolved satisfactorily.
Old 09-27-2013, 09:03 AM
Graphite Ghost

Received 405 Likes on 324 Posts
You would HOPE that once a tsb is issued they remove the faulty part from the production line but who knows......

We have not seen any failure just the noise so drive it a few more miles and see what happens.

I recently heard something from mine but it's a 12 and its lowered a bit. Winters coming so I shouldn't hear it until spring.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:03 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Since the weather is cool now...and getting cooler...I will probably have to wait for next summer for the noise to return. I'll try my dealer one more time, then take your advice and look elsewhere if they won't fix it.

Sucks to be annoyed with a brand new vehicle...buyers remorse.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:16 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
my clunk eventually went away. It could have been from lowering my car though, I'm not sure. It was pretty annoying.