Review on my TSX

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012 | 11:32 AM
2010 TSX Owner

Review on my TSX

Howdy! So I probably should give a short bit of info on my car, as I am starting to do some mods to it now. It's a 2010 TSX i4 Tech. Right now, it has 36k miles and, after a small mishap with a brick wall (lol), it has the special edition rear bumper. The color is crystal black pearl.

Now for the ideas I have for my car. What I'm going to be doing soon is putting some blue LED footwell lighting in the front, as well as hopefully taking the intake resonator out. Later, I'm planning on buying a CAI for it. Any ideas on a good one that y'all prefer?
Old 06-21-2012 | 11:33 AM

all CAI are basically the same. just buy one that fits your car.
The following users liked this post:
Sev07ic_Sniper (06-21-2012)
Old 06-21-2012 | 11:35 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

This is a review?
The following 2 users liked this post by ceb:
justnspace (06-21-2012), TSXKid2010 (06-23-2012)
Old 06-21-2012 | 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by ceb
This is a review?
I was expecting more as well.
Old 06-21-2012 | 11:39 AM
2010 TSX Owner

Lol, I'm doing a continuation. I'm just strained on time due to classes and whatnot.

Anyways, when I bought it back in March of 2010, I've driven it a lot around my area. I have to say that of all of the cars that I've driven, it had the most comfortable ride yet had a sporty pep (even had the option of a mustang, but back then, they weren't very good at all).
Old 06-21-2012 | 12:44 PM
Racer

My opinion of CAI's, if you have the money and really want to spend it, then I guess they're cool to have. Injen makes a good one, but with most intakes as these, they're mostly for noise purposes.

Performance wise, simply taking off the factory resonator silencer (the one connected to the air intake, not the exhaust resonator thats different) will give you the same performance. Noise wise, it will sound just as loud as an injen intake too.
Old 06-21-2012 | 01:30 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

just find one on sale or a used one, clean the filter, and you are good to go! most intakes give the same result!
Old 06-22-2012 | 08:31 AM
2010 TSX Owner

Ok, so now I have a bit more time to go into detail on my car's 2 year life lol.

After I bought it several years ago, I spent more time driving it than more other things. I haven't had too many problems performance wise, although my AT seems to have a problem transitioning from drive to reverse at times, it will keep the clutch engaged for some time and after a few seconds, it would finally get into reverse (idk if anyone else has had this problem or not, but if you know of a solution, it'd be great).

Engine wise, it's got some giddy from that 2.4 i4, which i mean 186 hp at the wheels (friend owns a car shop with a dino and we ran it on there a few months back) from the 201 at the crank isn't bad at all.

The suspension, though sporty, rides pretty smooth, even on some of these roads out here in Texas, and the ride itself is pretty quiet compared to other cars that I've driven. Steering is tight and pretty responsive, and the turning radius isn't too bad either.

I do have the tech package, and the navi system is very accurate. Voice control is a bit.... bitchy at times, but it's not like I use that more than for bluetooth. Audio quality is fantastic, there's some bass out of a stock sub (I can't use my rear view mirror after 15 with some dubstep songs lol) and even orchestral music sounds crystal clear. IPod integration is ok, though it can be unresponsive at times (iOS really does suck, not going to lie) but using a regular usb with a FAT32 format for music is very good, no problems with that option. Bluetooth audio streaming has about a 1 second delay, but usually the controls on the steering wheel can control skipping (I'm still figuring out whats causing it not to work at times, I know it's on the phone's software though). I do wish that the voice controls were a bit more responsive to be honest. My father has a Ford and Ford's sync has a much better voice control, though I would much rather keep my car than get a Ford lol.

As one of my friends, who owns an Accord, puts it, "the TSX is like the Accord sedan in many ways, but with everything in it just a bit better and more classy", which I think is very true. The dash is very unique, with the needles bent around for a cleaner look and the lcd hud in the speedometer circle is very useful.

Fuel economy is decent compared to what I used to drive (a Ford F150) at 21.1 MPG throughout its 37k mile lifetime (just hit 37k miles, they just seem to fly by). I'm sure that people are getting much better than that because I usually floor it getting up to speeds and it does spend a lot of time at city speeds (between 25 and 40 mph).

The cabin compared to many other cars I've driven is quite roomy, and none of my friends that have been in it complain about leg room. The trunk space is great, in high school my friends and I even tested it out by taking a 350 pound football player and seeing if he can get in it (as a joke lol) and we closed the trunk and he said that he still had a bit of wiggle room (I do not recommend doing this with other vehicles for many reasons).

So far, the modification I did to my car was replace the rear bumper with the special edition. I've got a few more ideas planned for later once I can both afford it and have the time to do so.
Old 06-22-2012 | 08:56 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Sev07ic_Sniper
As one of my friends, who owns an Accord, puts it, "the TSX is like the Accord sedan in many ways, but with everything in it just a bit better and more classy", which I think is very true.

The dash is very unique, with the needles bent around for a cleaner look and the lcd hud in the speedometer circle is very useful.
Accord evolved in the US - the TSX is what the Accord was before it got fat and soft... I had a '78 JDM 3-door, and the TSX is the direct spiritual descendant of that car... my '87 CRX-si was fun, no doubt, but the Accord was still a better car - was sad to sell it when I moved back to the States...
Old 06-22-2012 | 10:22 PM
2010 TSX Owner

The TSX is the Accord Euro R though if I'm not mistaken. The US Accord is horrible IMO, it seems too weak and seems just like a car, devoid of fun or spirit.
Old 06-22-2012 | 11:24 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Sev07ic_Sniper
The TSX is the Accord Euro R though if I'm not mistaken. The US Accord is horrible IMO, it seems too weak and seems just like a car, devoid of fun or spirit.
The TSX == Eudo Accord/JDM Accord - with some tuning and better standard options.

US Accord == JDM Inspire - up line from the JDM Accord size wise, and de-contented - the JDM Inspire is one step below the RL (JDM Legend)... US Accord EX-L w/V6 is not a bad car at all... and you can get it with a stick...

Hence Honda's problem - the TL is in the right space - the TSX is sporty, but price wise, the Accord EX-L actually offers much of the same in a bigger car... and crosses the line into RL space just due to physical size...

Honda has a focus problem - lots of good cars that eat each other up on the sales from - and the ILX doesn't help...

We shouldn't talk about the outliers - the Crosstour and the ZDX...

If I had the chance to remake the lineup and make it all Honda...

Regular Cars - Fit - Civic (Sedan/Euro Hatch, no coupe) - TSX/Accord (Wagon/Sedan replacing the Accord) - keep the edge and cut the fat...

Up-Line - TL, RL - reserve SH-AWD to RL and migrate to small V8

Hybrids - CRZ Hybrid

Sports - Civic SI Coupe, CRZ non-hybrid, S2000 replacement, NSX

Utils/Mommy Cars - CRV. Oddysey, MDX

Kill off the Insight, Pilot, current Accord, ZDX, Ridgeline (the anti-honda), ILX (nice car, doesn't fit) and the Acura brand as a whole...

Make them all Honda's...

The problems that Honda/Acura face - it's not Corporate, it's American Honda, Honda of Canada... and the product mix they've asked for.
Old 06-23-2012 | 06:09 AM
2010 TSX Owner

You're exactly right. I especially agree with killing things like the Pilot and ILX (the ILX directly competes with Hondas own Civic, with pretty much the exact same features except the SI has a better HUD than the ILX 2.4, both only coming in manuals. You did miss the RDX, in which I'd say it should stay. I do wish they kept an option to have the 2.3 turbo on the car, and put the 2.3 turbo in some of the other cars of that generation (I wouldn't mind seeing it on the TSX for sure).

Are they planning anything to bring back the s2000 or have an equivilant? I'd be very interested in what they do if so. The NSX is going to be a really good car after the first year or two, as I think it will have a few bugs in its system with the whole electric motors in the front and gas powered in the rear. Cool concept, but some cars that were great concepts were crappy production cars (I drove the Chevy Volt a while back and laughed at the poor design that was the center console area, the buttons were so poorly organized).