Price of My New 2010 TSX

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010 | 12:54 PM
Intermediate

Price of My New 2010 TSX

Hi Guys!

I am a new member and a woman. I haven't seen many ladies posting on this site; so, I hope you will welcome me, as this woman is more of a "dumb woman" trying to learn everything about maintenance and care of her new car. So, please be patient with me?

I purchased a new 2010 TSX V4 w/o navigation package for $27,419. plus tax. I live in the Allentown, PA area. I did investigate dealers on Edmunds, TrueCar and Consumers. I did get better prices from 2 dealerships in VA which would have been 165 miles from me. The lowest price was $26,419. Another dealer in NJ... approximately 30 miles from me offered $27,195. I chose to pay the $27,419 price because the dealership was only 11 miles from me.

My dealer also included 1 free oil change. My yearly state inspections will be free for my entire ownership.

When I went into the dealership, I had all my paperwork with quoted prices in print from the various dealers. I wanted them to know what price range I was looking for. I also let them see in print that I was aware of the Dealer Invoice Price, Dealer Holdback and there was also a $750. dealer incentive if purchased by July 6th.

Now, I also negotiated for the accessories. I was also able to show them in print what prices I could purchase these items online. I wanted them to know that their prices including labor were still too high! The Sales Manager told me that statewide in PA, dealerships charge $90/hour for labor. He then went to the Service Manager with an estimate of how many labor hours were involved... he told me "the Service Manager" would charge me $60/hour for labor. Bottom line... I figured out that my new price of $60/hour brought the prices down by .226%. I tried to get him to go to 23%...wouldn't do it. But, I did end up receiving a .226% discount on all the additional accessories I wanted, including the Cargo Organizer which had no labor.

So, how did I do?

Rose
Old 06-30-2010 | 01:39 PM
Advanced

Sounds like you really did your homework. I'm waiting to pick up my tsx tomorrow. I did not see any $750 incentive. Can you provide a link to this?
Old 06-30-2010 | 01:52 PM
it's a car-drive it

Originally Posted by rockyrose
Hi Guys!

I am a new member and a woman. I haven't seen many ladies posting on this site; so, I hope you will welcome me, as this woman is more of a "dumb woman" trying to learn everything about maintenance and care of her new car. So, please be patient with me?

I purchased a new 2010 TSX V4 w/o navigation package for $27,419. plus tax. I live in the Allentown, PA area. I did investigate dealers on Edmunds, TrueCar and Consumers. I did get better prices from 2 dealerships in VA which would have been 165 miles from me. The lowest price was $26,419. Another dealer in NJ... approximately 30 miles from me offered $27,195. I chose to pay the $27,419 price because the dealership was only 11 miles from me.

My dealer also included 1 free oil change. My yearly state inspections will be free for my entire ownership.

When I went into the dealership, I had all my paperwork with quoted prices in print from the various dealers. I wanted them to know what price range I was looking for. I also let them see in print that I was aware of the Dealer Invoice Price, Dealer Holdback and there was also a $750. dealer incentive if purchased by July 6th.

Now, I also negotiated for the accessories. I was also able to show them in print what prices I could purchase these items online. I wanted them to know that their prices including labor were still too high! The Sales Manager told me that statewide in PA, dealerships charge $90/hour for labor. He then went to the Service Manager with an estimate of how many labor hours were involved... he told me "the Service Manager" would charge me $60/hour for labor. Bottom line... I figured out that my new price of $60/hour brought the prices down by .226%. I tried to get him to go to 23%...wouldn't do it. But, I did end up receiving a .226% discount on all the additional accessories I wanted, including the Cargo Organizer which had no labor.

So, how did I do?

Rose
if this is Lehigh Valley Acura tell them I said HI. (I know the sales and service manager-they are terrific)

Last edited by nj2pa2nc; 06-30-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 06-30-2010 | 02:06 PM
Intermediate

I found it in the Consumer's Report site. I have an online subscription to it; so, I don't know how much you can view if you are a non-subscriber. You may be able to view this-

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...view/index.htm

For $13. you can purchase this -

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/p...ribe/index.htm

It gives you the bottom line price. I believe it was there that I found the $750 incentive. I don't think it was in my regular subscriber price... but, don't hold me to it.

You could try googling Acura $750 incentive July 6, 2010 and see what it brings you.

I found in the Cosumer's sedan forum that the moderator posted to begin your negotiations with a starting price that is about 1 to 5 percent over the dealer's true cost. You get a close estimate of the dealer's true cost with the CR Bottom Line Price.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-30-2010 | 02:22 PM
Intermediate

nj2pa2nc,

Yes, it was Lehigh Valley Acura. Prior, I used Lehigh Valley Honda and was very satisfied. I would need you to send me an email with your name, so I would know who is sending them regards.

Present sales manager is Kyle. I will meet the service manager probably next week. My accessories had to be ordered and are expected to be placed on next week. Is this normal for accessories
not to be kept in stock and needing to be ordered?

Supposedly, LV Acura was awarded 3rd place in the country, from Acura for Sales and Service based on Customer reports.
Old 06-30-2010 | 02:33 PM
Advanced

So I found this online. I already purchased the car and signed the doc. If it took this in you think they will give me the incentive?

http://www.creditunionsvc.com/auto/r...thetype=Dealer
Old 06-30-2010 | 02:52 PM
it's a car-drive it

nj2pa2nc,

Yes, it was Lehigh Valley Acura. Prior, I used Lehigh Valley Honda and was very satisfied. I would need you to send me an email with your name, so I would know who is sending them regards.

Present sales manager is Kyle. I will meet the service manager probably next week. My accessories had to be ordered and are expected to be placed on next week. Is this normal for accessories
not to be kept in stock and needing to be ordered?

Supposedly, LV Acura was awarded 3rd place in the country, from Acura for Sales and Service based on Customer reports.
Yes they get great reviews on the dealerrater website also. The sales manager is Kyle Huddle, general sales manager is Sonny Law, service manager is Mustafa Qureshey. It is normal for some accessories to have to be ordered. I am a former Pa resident now living in NC. I bought my tsx from them and try to have all the service done there. (Have family and friends that live near there). When you meet the service manager just mention the nickname I call him (Curly) and he will know. (My name is Kathy)
Old 06-30-2010 | 05:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Congrats on your purchase, looks like you have done your homework.
And welcome to the forum. Is your model 6MT or 5AT and what colour did you end up getting ? And what kind of accessories did you order? For large items, my dealer require 48 hours to get the parts from a warehouse in another province.

Last edited by 09TSXTech; 06-30-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-30-2010 | 06:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Congrats & Welcome!! looks like you got the car you wanted at a great price!

Also the engine is an Inline four I4, not v4 like v6 v8 v12

I purchased a new 2010 TSX V4

post pics when you can
Old 06-30-2010 | 07:00 PM
Racer

Congrats...you've done your homework for sure. Thanks for commenting on my post. I got the tech package..bought it at Piazza Reading Acura.
Old 06-30-2010 | 11:18 PM
Intermediate

Mavrax....It certainly wouldn't hurt to print out the info and talk to them about it. You could also show them my post, where I state that I received it. If you didn't give them final payment, it could help your case and allow you some leverage. Please post back and let us know how you made out.

nj2pa2nc....glad to see there are other women on here.
I guess User/Member names can be deceiving.

09TSXTech....I have a 5AT. Colors are Palladium Metallic with the Taupe interior. I have a dog with white hair and could visually see all that hair if I chose the black interior.

Accessories...since I didn't have the tech package with the camera, I got the Back-up Sensors. Around here parking lots are crazy. Some people really don't pay attention or will be walking and talking on their cell phone and will just walk behind a car out of nowhere. Add to that the kids on bikes and skateboards, etc.

Also got the all season floor mats, Splash Guards, the controversial Door Edge Guards and Body Side Molding. (I guess that tells you how old I am... years ago they weren't an option) Silver Steering Wheel Trim, Cargo Hooks, Trunk Tray and Cargo Organizer. Still on my "wish list" is the Lip Spoiler. I am still waiting to have these added. Supposedly next week....

007Acura...well, dang, I embarrassed myself already!!! Thanks for enlightening me! I look forward to learning much more from all of you!

FLYGUY31...Congrats back at you! You got a better deal than I did! I didn't realize the tech package was included. I will be sure to let my salesman know about the deal you got! lol!

Thank you all for such a warm welcome!

Rose
Old 07-01-2010 | 11:38 AM
it's a car-drive it

Just got back from getting my cars oil changed at Stevenson Acura in Wilmington, NC. I asked them what their hourly rate was (they do not have it on the invoices like LVA does). They charge $94.00 an hour. They also told me about some unnecessary service that they said my car needed. LVA never did that.
Old 07-05-2010 | 03:03 PM
Intermediate

Congrats on your purchase,
you have done your homework.
Old 07-05-2010 | 08:41 PM
Racer

good price....
Old 07-06-2010 | 12:54 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

Originally Posted by Mavrax
So I found this online. I already purchased the car and signed the doc. If it took this in you think they will give me the incentive?

http://www.creditunionsvc.com/auto/r...thetype=Dealer
I'm pretty sure you are going to be SOL on this one. If you bought the car and signed all the doc's, then you entered into an agreement (contract) to pay a certain price for the vehicle.

Playing Devils advocate, how would you feel if you came to an agreed price with the dealer, signed all paperwork and the dealer decided they wanted you to pay an extra $750 before they would release the car to you?

FWIW it's not a "cash incentive" or "rebate" to the consumer. The dealer will get $750 back from the manufacturer for every base 4 cyl TSX they reported to Acura as sold during the program period. If the dealer made a mistake and sold the car during the program but forgot to report it to Acura until after the program was over, they are SOL as well and would not get their money from the manufacturer.
Old 07-06-2010 | 02:07 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by black label
I'm pretty sure you are going to be SOL on this one. If you bought the car and signed all the doc's, then you entered into an agreement (contract) to pay a certain price for the vehicle.

Playing Devils advocate, how would you feel if you came to an agreed price with the dealer, signed all paperwork and the dealer decided they wanted you to pay an extra $750 before they would release the car to you?

FWIW it's not a "cash incentive" or "rebate" to the consumer. The dealer will get $750 back from the manufacturer for every base 4 cyl TSX they reported to Acura as sold during the program period. If the dealer made a mistake and sold the car during the program but forgot to report it to Acura until after the program was over, they are SOL as well and would not get their money from the manufacturer.

I doubt the dealer will forget that part..lol
Old 07-06-2010 | 02:56 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

You'd be surprised. You sell 100+ cars in a month and typically dealers don't report them all to Acura right as they are sold. The dealer still gets paid for the sale of the car but Corporate doesn't know that the car has been sold until it is reported (RDR'd or retail delivery registration). It would be a stupid mistake, but not impossible especially if yo have multiple people doing the reporting.
Old 07-06-2010 | 03:02 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Congrats and welcome.