Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 12:17 PM
Goodbye.

Received 584 Likes on 423 Posts
Old 02-28-2012, 01:14 PM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
Originally Posted by mrstak
No graphite luster love in this joint???

Where are you looking to buy? PyroDave's dealer gave me the hook uppp in Ramsey Acura.
i did not give away any color. i merely stated a color i like. and that i'm picking something up tomorrow. it could be anything!

could be pyro's mom for a date in her 2011 mdx. i could be taking her for that long walk on the beach that you gave away.

just for that, i'm taking that acura pen that stu is gonna give you. hahahah

txy luster...you saw nothing!
See! You totally said my dealer have you the hookup on the graphite luster!
Old 02-28-2012, 01:19 PM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

Received 527 Likes on 387 Posts
i said your dealer gave me the hook up. but i never said "gave me the hook up on a graphite luster" assuming is a no no dave
Old 02-28-2012, 01:53 PM
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by busyb02
I have the Palladium Silver, and as another poster said, the silver really accents the lines of the car unlike any other color.
Yeah there are many silver cars on the road, but i've seen more GLM and Ruby Pearl (or whatever the burgundy color is called) than anything with TSX. I think a lot of people are going with that 'silver is too common' logic these days and reducing the number of newer silver cars. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ive seen many '09+ TSXs on the road, and rarely have I seen the silver. Also silver doesnt show dirt as much. I'm a huge fan of dark gray/gunmetal, so the graphite color I would have thought would be my #1 choice, but I'm very happy with my silver.

$0.02
I like silver, but a friend of my cousin was pretty accurate in saying that a silver car looks like a car that still needs to be painted.

DUDE! spoiler alert!! blowing up my spot like that...hahah
Well I'll steal PyroDave's thunder and just say it myself: I might be getting my tsx from the same dealer you are going to stak hah. I got a quote from Stu this morning and if the three dealers near me can't match it then I'm heading to north jersey this weekend (hopefully).
Old 02-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Goodbye.

Can I have that Acura pen?
Old 02-28-2012, 02:06 PM
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by aznpapaya
here's how i see it:
silver - it looks nice but it's everywhere!
blue/red - to flashy, unless you're into that kind of thing
black - look very nice and clean but it's been played out plus it's going to be a pain the butt to keep it looking clean. And dont forget the swirl marks you're going to have later one
white - it's the new black! it stands out and look luxurious.

IMO, get white(BWP) before it become played out like black. But ebony interior FTW
BWP FTW. Shiny Clean White Car, Tire Shine, Tints if its your style and it's gorgeous rolling down the street.
Originally Posted by 1supafly
isnt premium white pearl and bellanova white the same color? I think it is because from what i heard, the paint code # is the same...honestly, ive seen ONE silver tsx so far in my town...Ive seen a couple of black, but the thing i hate about them is the care that you have to put in it to keep it clean...but black on black is sick.. I have a pwp with black interior...and it looks good It looks even better on a '12 because of the grille..
and IMO, blue and red are too flashy...but it doesnt look bad either..
PWP & BWP aren't the same color. If they were they wouldn't have changed the. name. We had a PWP AND BWP (Me & Kait) At Menlo, & it's obvious the difference. PWP is more of an OFF WHITE creamy, BWP is almost SNOW WHITE.

I vote White, & if I could chose again Ebony Interior. I went White/Parchment and Lord what a Biaaatch It is to keep up wl. I warn everyone when stepping in the car about kicking anything inside. Foot IN and ON mat. Foot Out and on Floor that's it!! So Anal about my interior.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:10 PM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

Originally Posted by TSXy Luster
Can I have that Acura pen?
if you come to ny to get it sure...
Old 02-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Safety Car

fuck you i want my pen i'll keep it in the car hahaha
Old 02-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Goodbye.

I do have a place in Brooklyn that I visit at times... hmm I would need to see pics of this awesome pen!

I got 2 Acura key chains with detachable valet thingy when I got my car.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:14 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
Screw pens, I got a $25 gift card to Chili's! I ate me some faheeeeetaasss
Old 02-28-2012, 04:15 PM
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Jb52
I like silver, but a friend of my cousin was pretty accurate in saying that a silver car looks like a car that still needs to be painted.

A car doesnt have to have a saturated color to look good to me... Flat colors with gloss dont do the styling any justice, but most of the colors they offer have a metallic base to help a little. I think the shape of the car goes very well with silver, but maybe im being a silver fanboy here... I resign lol...

Last edited by busyb02; 02-28-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:09 PM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
Get the SE in any color.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 127 Posts
red and black is the best color combo

Old 02-28-2012, 06:35 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by MoaarLow
BWP FTW. Shiny Clean White Car, Tire Shine, Tints if its your style and it's gorgeous rolling down the street.

PWP & BWP aren't the same color. If they were they wouldn't have changed the. name. We had a PWP AND BWP (Me & Kait) At Menlo, & it's obvious the difference. PWP is more of an OFF WHITE creamy, BWP is almost SNOW WHITE.
Actually, I just checked the paint code on an '11 wagon, and its the same as my 09 sedan...so its the same color...Actually, even the 1st gen tsx has the same paint code for pearl white also (interesting right?)...they probably just changed it so people like you (no offense) would think that its soo much better and buy the new one just because of the color... but white does look good
PWP power!!! lol

my
Old 02-28-2012, 06:45 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
IMO

Sexiest: Black/Ebony
Flashiest: Milano Red/Ebony
Clean: White/Ebony
Interesting: Vortex Blue
Neutral: Grigio
Boring: Silver
Old 02-28-2012, 07:22 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Actually, I just checked the paint code on an '11 wagon, and its the same as my 09 sedan...so its the same color...Actually, even the 1st gen tsx has the same paint code for pearl white also (interesting right?)...they probably just changed it so people like you (no offense) would think that its soo much better and buy the new one just because of the color... but white does look good
PWP power!!! lol

my
Most '11's (pre tsunami) were pwp. The 2012's (and a very small handful of 11's) are all Bellanova.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:06 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by busyb02
A car doesnt have to have a saturated color to look good to me... Flat colors with gloss dont do the styling any justice, but most of the colors they offer have a metallic base to help a little. I think the shape of the car goes very well with silver, but maybe im being a silver fanboy here... I resign lol...
When I was at the dealership tonight the silver (with ebony interior) actually looked really good, but then again so do all cars inside the building. I am hopefully going to go back this weekend to see what they look like outside.

Originally Posted by risc
IMO

Sexiest: Black/Ebony
Flashiest: Milano Red/Ebony
Clean: White/Ebony
Interesting: Vortex Blue
Neutral: Grigio
Boring: Silver
Black is definitely cool, although I think silver is better than I initially believed. Vortex blue looked a bit too blue for me, but again, I want to check the cars out in broad daylight.

Originally Posted by ceb
Most '11's (pre tsunami) were pwp. The 2012's (and a very small handful of 11's) are all Bellanova.
Ceb is right, Bellanova is the new white for the 2012s. Also, it doesn't look as good as the PWP.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:17 PM
Pro

PWP power!!! lol

my
No offense taken, It's very interesting. A New name but same Color Code?
O know the 1st gen and 2nd gen shared the PWP. I've also seen and been next to a bunch of PWP's and I swear they appear to be more off white, yellowish, than the Bellanova.

I will do a little more digging into it But i find that so weird.
Originally Posted by ceb
Right. This is what I was aware of. but I can't believe they're the same exact color.

Either way White FTW. Just looks so clean and elegant.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:35 PM
Safety Car

No offense taken, It's very interesting. A New name but same Color Code?
O know the 1st gen and 2nd gen shared the PWP. I've also seen and been next to a bunch of PWP's and I swear they appear to be more off white, yellowish, than the Bellanova.

I will do a little more digging into it But i find that so weird.

Right. This is what I was aware of. but I can't believe they're the same exact color.

Either way White FTW. Just looks so clean and elegant.
thats what he said, they're not. the one who said his 11 had the same code was unaware of the color change. so his is PWP which is the same as the 09 and 10. while yours is the BWP or whatever
Old 02-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by PyroDave
thats what he said, they're not. the one who said his 11 had the same code was unaware of the color change. so his is PWP which is the same as the 09 and 10. while yours is the BWP or whatever
NO, what he said was it was pwp until early 11 then moving forward it became BWP. But its only a name change. The color itself is still the same along with the color code. Which boggles my mind b/c PWP and BWP side by side are clearly different..
Old 02-29-2012, 06:59 PM
Pro

They are NOT the same color code, I will post pics later.

Someone correct me if im Wrong PWP is NH624P
Bellanova White Pearl Is NH788P

Bellanova Proof
http://gtcarlot.com/data/Acura/TL/20...-60298115.html

Pwp Proof
http://www.paintscratch.com/touch_up...t-NH-624P.html
Old 02-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Карты убийцы

Received 125 Likes on 100 Posts
PWP is different than the Bellanova. PWP is more creamy with a pearl finish. It required more applications in the painting process than Bellanova.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:16 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

NO, what he said was it was pwp until early 11 then moving forward it became BWP. But its only a name change. The color itself is still the same along with the color code. Which boggles my mind b/c PWP and BWP side by side are clearly different..
Who said that PWP and Bellanova are the same color? They obviously are not.

Up until the tsunami, the white was pwp. That color effectively disappeared with the destruction of the factory supplying the pigment.

It was replaced by Bellanova - a paint that uses a different pigment produced by a different factory. With a few exceptions, that change happened with the 2012 model year.

Most 2011's a pwp. All 2012's are Bellanova. pwp and Bellanova have different paint codes.

Clear???
Old 02-29-2012, 09:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 362 Likes on 267 Posts
Originally Posted by defconskylude
red and black is the best color combo

I second that
Old 03-01-2012, 05:04 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by ceb
Who said that PWP and Bellanova are the same color? They obviously are not.

Up until the tsunami, the white was pwp. That color effectively disappeared with the destruction of the factory supplying the pigment.

It was replaced by Bellanova - a paint that uses a different pigment produced by a different factory. With a few exceptions, that change happened with the 2012 model year.

Most 2011's a pwp. All 2012's are Bellanova. pwp and Bellanova have different paint codes.

Clear???
PWP power!!! lol

my
^ This Man Said they were the same color just a change of name. Which I couldn't believe so I did some digging of my own and found 2 different color codes Ofcourse.
Originally Posted by Professor
PWP is different than the Bellanova. PWP is more creamy with a pearl finish. It required more applications in the painting process than Bellanova.

I vote White, & if I could chose again Ebony Interior. I went White/Parchment and Lord what a Biaaatch It is to keep up wl. I warn everyone when stepping in the car about kicking anything inside. Foot IN and ON mat. Foot Out and on Floor that's it!! So Anal about my interior.
^ Exactly what I've said in the Last 5 post I've made. They couldn't be the same color. It's clearly visible to the eye
Old 03-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Drifting

if you want a cute and adorable color, get WHITE
Old 03-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
i think you just emasculated a lot of people with a white car, including myself. It's just not the same anymore when my car is not "cool" but rather cute and adorable lol
Old 03-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by aznpapaya
i think you just emasculated a lot of people with a white car, including myself. It's just not the same anymore when my car is not "cool" but rather cute and adorable lol
lol yes thats the point. ::

any new member that comes in and post a pic of their white CU2 will get a cute and adorable comment.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
lol yes thats the point. ::

any new member that comes in and post a pic of their white CU2 will get a cute and adorable comment.
cute and adorable like your baby avatar?
Old 03-02-2012, 07:57 AM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

+1 GLM ftw!

Originally Posted by opboarding
cute and adorable like your baby avatar?
psh...that's not even his baby.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:13 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

psh...that's not even his baby.
You're right. It is a self portrait.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:40 PM
8th Gear

Alright I finally bought a TSX! But.....I can't decide on a color hah. I'm between the black or silver, vortex blue is out of the question because it would take 6 weeks to get to my dealer. I'm thinking black on black, not sure yet since I drive a black MDX. I'll post pics once I decide and get the car.