Opinion on best color combo

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 01:34 PM
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Opinion on best color combo

What do you guys think is the best color combo for the 2012 TSX? I'm hoping to test drive one to tonight and possibly get one within the week. Right now I am driving a 2004 mdx black exterior with tan interior. I definitely want the ebony interior, but as far as exterior I'm indecisive. I like the silver moon, the vortex pearl blue, black, and forged silver metallic; in that order. Although, the blue seems like it's too toyish, so not sure about that one. The silver moon with black interior looks really good but I'm afraid it's too common place. I know color is highly individual but I just want to get your guys' opinions on it.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:41 PM
Goodbye.

Received 584 Likes on 423 Posts
out of the colors you decided on, I'd go with the Vortex Blue Pearl.

What about Milano Red?
Old 02-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
IMO, any silver is awesome. I honestly wish I had it. In nice lighting, all the curves of the car are visible, and it just looks sweet! So my vote is for any of the silver.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:57 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
there are way too many silver cars on the road. same with black, but i would prefer black over silver any day. if you want to be different and like it enough, go with blue.
The following users liked this post:
ed_423 (02-27-2012)
Old 02-27-2012, 02:07 PM
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
either PWP and black interior or the new white (bellanova?) and black interior. Each of these with a black roof that masks the moonroof is a great improvement!

Also Black on Black <3
Old 02-27-2012, 02:42 PM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

Received 527 Likes on 387 Posts
No graphite luster love in this joint???

Where are you looking to buy? PyroDave's dealer gave me the hook uppp in Ramsey Acura.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
^ if he is more open on his color choices then id say go with GLM, because obviously its coolest of them all.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:08 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
Def. Glm
Old 02-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by ed_423
Def. Glm
+1. GLM on Ebony interior.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I realize it's not listed, but here's another vote for Milano Red and Ebony...
Old 02-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
here's how i see it:
silver - it looks nice but it's everywhere!
blue/red - to flashy, unless you're into that kind of thing
black - look very nice and clean but it's been played out plus it's going to be a pain the butt to keep it looking clean. And dont forget the swirl marks you're going to have later one
white - it's the new black! it stands out and look luxurious.

IMO, get white(BWP) before it become played out like black. But ebony interior FTW
Jb52 (02-27-2012)
Old 02-27-2012, 04:16 PM
8th Gear

Nice summary aznpapaya, hit the nail on the head. I do like the silver but i never realized how common a color it is, it's funny how I check out other cars all the time now that I am getting a new one. Although, looking at the colors again the GLM looks pretty sweet. I think I'm going to nix black from my choices because the mdx I drive is black and I want something different. I'm not a Milano red fan for those of you who like it, not my style. I just saw a vortex blue on the street and it is too "chicky" for me. So as of now I'm down to GLM, bellanova white, and silver as a distant third. I might go with GLM although my dad's Lexus ES350 is that same color, don't know.

@Mrstack: I live in malvern, pa, and there is a dealership in villanova and up in reading where I work. So whichever place gives me the better deal is the one I'm going to get it from.

Question: how does it handle in the snow? My
Mdx is AWD and handled well, but with the tsx being FWD I'm concerned. I go skiing a fair amount and also want a car that handles well in bad weather since I drive an hour each way to work everyday.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:32 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
isnt premium white pearl and bellanova white the same color? I think it is because from what i heard, the paint code # is the same...honestly, ive seen ONE silver tsx so far in my town...Ive seen a couple of black, but the thing i hate about them is the care that you have to put in it to keep it clean...but black on black is sick.. I have a pwp with black interior...and it looks good It looks even better on a '12 because of the grille..
and IMO, blue and red are too flashy...but it doesnt look bad either..
Old 02-27-2012, 04:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 52 Posts
+1 graphite luster on black.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:38 PM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
JB, take a look at my progress thread for some Vortex Blue. honestly, i've only gotten compliments on it. it is one of the few, very nice blue's. and the thing is, it doesn't stick out as much as red or yellow, but it doesn't blend in like black white and silver. its a perfect mix for me, and i really doubt i'll ever switch except maybe to the milano red, it also looks gorgeous. ebony interior only. im in west philly for school, thats only a half hour drive fot me. if you'd like, we can meet up and you can take a look at mine. though i really need a good clay and wax.

i personally think the FWD handles pretty damn well in the snow, and if you get a quality snow tire like blizzaks, nothing will stop you. my friend has a C63, and if you even tap the gas in the shitty weather, no traction. it was like a sled in the snow. now it eats snow. send me a PM, and i'll give you my number. if you wanna get into a new car quick, i can put you in touch to my dealer(ask stak, he just got a great deal). and if you get something put together by thursday, i can drive you from philly all the way up to him, and you can pick up your new car. it'd only be a 2 hour drive back for you, and if he beats the deals you get in PA, it may be worth it for you
Jb52 (02-27-2012)
Old 02-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Goodbye.

Since you're ruling out Blue, then go with GLM.

I personally searched and bugged my dealer ridiculously searching for a Blue......he even called me late at night just to make sure I know he was still looking, but ended up with the other dealership not wanting to trade. So I "settled" for the only remaining GLM in the area. No complains so far.

It is ultimately your choice, since you'll be looking at your car daily when you get in and out of it.

and FWD performs well in snow BUT make sure you get the appropriate tyres!!

PyroDave, the enthusiasm you have about your dealer should have them pay you ad money! (I feel the same way about my dealer too lol, but not sure I would drive a stranger 2 hours for him)
Old 02-27-2012, 05:06 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by TSXy Luster
Since you're ruling out Blue, then go with GLM.

I personally searched and bugged my dealer ridiculously searching for a Blue......he even called me late at night just to make sure I know he was still looking, but ended up with the other dealership not wanting to trade. So I "settled" for the only remaining GLM in the area. No complains so far.

It is ultimately your choice, since you'll be looking at your car daily when you get in and out of it.

and FWD performs well in snow BUT make sure you get the appropriate tyres!!

PyroDave, the enthusiasm you have about your dealer should have them pay you ad money! (I feel the same way about my dealer too lol, but not sure I would drive a stranger 2 hours for him)
i mean if you refer someone, you get a check for $50, but thats not a big deal. and its not neccessarily the dealership, its my guy there. hes the assistant sales manager, but out of all the people i sent his way(about 7-8), and stak is one of them, only 1 person has been able to find a better deal in the area. i like my Acurazine buddies to get the best deal possible, and i think thats the point of this site. the reason i offered to drive him 2 hours is because i wouldn't really be going out of my way. i am going home on thursday, and i'd be completely willing to give someone a ride to help them out, if its not much of a bother for me. i believe in karma, and hope that if i ever need help, people will help me. thats why i keep jumper cables in my car and have jumped a few dozen cars over the past 2 years. and i drive around with a friend of mine when it snows and help people who got stuck. all people need is a push, and they'll remember it. why not try to make this shitty world a better place, one person at a time
The following 2 users liked this post by PyroDave:
FlipRizzi (02-27-2012), tuan43 (03-05-2012)
Old 02-27-2012, 05:22 PM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

^^^^ new ghandi in the house
Old 02-27-2012, 05:38 PM
im baaaack!!

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
Milano red +1
Old 02-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Карты убийцы

Received 125 Likes on 100 Posts
Reverse OREO... white on the outside and black on the inside FTW.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:14 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Professor
Reverse OREO... white on the outside and black on the inside FTW.
Doesn't Oreo has 2 black and one white, so if you reverse it wouldn't it be 2 white and 1 black. So where's the other white?
Old 02-27-2012, 08:25 PM
2012 CBP Tsx Tech

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
i agree with the silver color. you see them everywhere. i do like the color though but for me, the best color combos are white on black, black on black, gray on black (in that order). i went with black on black on my new tsx just coz i had a white car prior. you can definitely play around a lot with the white on black combo. easy on the eyes. very clean and sexy. luxurious and sporty. best of both worlds. then again. i love neutral colors. to each his own. the vortex blue is just too much on the playful side if you want to go that route.

Last edited by FlipRizzi; 02-27-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:02 PM
8th Gear

Thanks for the advice everyone, especially PyroDave. I'm not sure I'll be able to get something together by Thursday, and my Dad knows a guy working at one of the dealerships we are going to so we should be able to get a solid deal; thanks for the offer though, I appreciate it. I'll be sure to ask about those tires.

I couldn't go to the dealership tonight due to lack of time after dinner, but the plan is to go tomorrow night. I've been looking at the colors again and silver is most definitely out. Blue is back in and might be my #1 choice, it looks really good. I might have been mistaken about the blue TSX I saw earlier because the one on the site looks darker, had to have been a different model. I'm now between blue, black, and GLM. When I go to the dealership tomorrow night I'll check them all out in person (if it has all three) and let you guys know which one I decide on. This forum is pretty sweet, I was hoping to have three people respond by the end of the night, not nearly this many. And the advice offered is great, keep it up!
Old 02-27-2012, 09:07 PM
8th Gear

I didn't see a way to edit my post, so I had to make another one. What do you guys think of the ILX? It caught my eye at the Philly car show a couple weeks ago and looks slick, but I'm afraid it might be too small. I tried looking online but couldn't find specs for it. My cousin has a lexus IS 250 and it is too small for my liking, so if it's the same size or smaller I can rule it out. For reference, I'm 5'10 140lbs but I still want some room for golf clubs, skis, and being able to comfortably seat 4 people (with the occasional 5).
Old 02-27-2012, 09:36 PM
Safety Car

there isn't much way to edit your post, its weird. the ILX is supposed to be smaller, i dont like the pics and stuff that i have seen. im pretty sure it'll be smaller than the IS 250. i'm sending you a PM as well
Old 02-27-2012, 09:39 PM
You see me, I CU2

Received 358 Likes on 284 Posts
Milano red
Old 02-27-2012, 09:45 PM
Goodbye.

Originally Posted by Jb52
I didn't see a way to edit my post, so I had to make another one. What do you guys think of the ILX? It caught my eye at the Philly car show a couple weeks ago and looks slick, but I'm afraid it might be too small. I tried looking online but couldn't find specs for it. My cousin has a lexus IS 250 and it is too small for my liking, so if it's the same size or smaller I can rule it out. For reference, I'm 5'10 140lbs but I still want some room for golf clubs, skis, and being able to comfortably seat 4 people (with the occasional 5).
If I had to guess the dimensions of the ILX, they would be:

Length 179.1 in
Width 70.6 in
Height 55.6 in
Wheelbase 105.1 in

Hence, it will be just a tad smaller than the Lexus IS.

Do with that info what you will, but I would strongly suggest eliminating black exterior for your car. Black with Ebony is just eh...
Old 02-27-2012, 09:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 132 Likes on 119 Posts
I mean im just being brutally honest with absolutely 0 bias....id go with vortex blue pearl! hahahahhaha just like pyro said, i've gotten nothing but compliments on the color...and idk about you guys but driving around the majority of TSXs i see are black silver or grey, and why not be different? Hope we can add you to the VBP club
Old 02-27-2012, 10:49 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by PyroDave
there isn't much way to edit your post, its weird. the ILX is supposed to be smaller, i dont like the pics and stuff that i have seen. im pretty sure it'll be smaller than the IS 250. i'm sending you a PM as well
Yea it is weird, every other message board I post on allows you to edit your posts. Smaller than the IS 250? The thing is a matchbox car then heh, the IS doesn't have much room in the back seat as it is. Got the PM, thanks.

If I had to guess the dimensions of the ILX, they would be:

Length 179.1 in
Width 70.6 in
Height 55.6 in
Wheelbase 105.1 in

Hence, it will be just a tad smaller than the Lexus IS.

Do with that info what you will, but I would strongly suggest eliminating black exterior for your car. Black with Ebony is just eh...
The ILX is definitely off my list. The black on black looks good with some cars, my cousin's IS 250 is black on black and looks sick. But a co-worker of mine has a black on black TL and it looks so-so, so I don't know.

Originally Posted by VortexBlueTSX
I mean im just being brutally honest with absolutely 0 bias....id go with vortex blue pearl! hahahahhaha just like pyro said, i've gotten nothing but compliments on the color...and idk about you guys but driving around the majority of TSXs i see are black silver or grey, and why not be different? Hope we can add you to the VBP club
With that name? No bias whatsoever hah. Good point about the majority of TSXs. VBP is looking really good now, but I'll see when I go to the dealership tomorrow; can't wait! Now if only I could fast forward through work tomorrow, that would be awesome.
VortexBlueTSX (02-28-2012)
Old 02-27-2012, 10:54 PM
Intermediate

I'm picking up a Tech GLM with the taupe interior tomorrow afternoon.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:41 PM
Op is too busy to care

Received 913 Likes on 540 Posts
Originally Posted by mrstak
^^^^ new ghandi in the house
he does not get this title
Old 02-28-2012, 08:43 AM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

Originally Posted by VortexBlueTSX
eww who would want to join that club....

Originally Posted by LTRinENC
I'm picking up a Tech GLM with the taupe interior tomorrow afternoon.
how interesting...i'll be picking up something tomorrow as well...

Originally Posted by KillerG
he does not get this title
hahah you can fight him for the title...oh wait ghandi doesn't fight...hmm...what to do..
Old 02-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
I have the Palladium Silver, and as another poster said, the silver really accents the lines of the car unlike any other color.
Yeah there are many silver cars on the road, but i've seen more GLM and Ruby Pearl (or whatever the burgundy color is called) than anything with TSX. I think a lot of people are going with that 'silver is too common' logic these days and reducing the number of newer silver cars. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ive seen many '09+ TSXs on the road, and rarely have I seen the silver. Also silver doesnt show dirt as much. I'm a huge fan of dark gray/gunmetal, so the graphite color I would have thought would be my #1 choice, but I'm very happy with my silver.

$0.02
Old 02-28-2012, 11:07 AM
Goodbye.

eww who would want to join that club....

how interesting...i'll be picking up something tomorrow as well...

hahah you can fight him for the title...oh wait ghandi doesn't fight...hmm...what to do..
oh snap! a 2012?
Old 02-28-2012, 11:15 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by busyb02
I have the Palladium Silver, and as another poster said, the silver really accents the lines of the car unlike any other color.
Yeah there are many silver cars on the road, but i've seen more GLM and Ruby Pearl (or whatever the burgundy color is called) than anything with TSX. I think a lot of people are going with that 'silver is too common' logic these days and reducing the number of newer silver cars. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ive seen many '09+ TSXs on the road, and rarely have I seen the silver. Also silver doesnt show dirt as much. I'm a huge fan of dark gray/gunmetal, so the graphite color I would have thought would be my #1 choice, but I'm very happy with my silver.

$0.02
while silver may not be as popular, i hate the actual look of silver. i had an 08 TSX in silver, and the color was just so bland. just my opinion, glad you enjoy yours

oh snap! a 2012?
yup he's picking up a 2012 5AT tech from my dealer haha
Old 02-28-2012, 11:33 AM
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
while silver may not be as popular, i hate the actual look of silver. i had an 08 TSX in silver, and the color was just so bland. just my opinion, glad you enjoy yours
I could definitely see where you're coming from with the 08. It didnt have as many curves/lips and angles as the 09-10. I feel like the 2011+ TSX and TL both got the calm down treatment on surface styling, so they dont have the same... texture I get on the 2010 in silver. I went to see the ILX at the detroit auto show in silver as well and it's kinda blah too... too rounded.. I think silver does magic for angles and bevels. Like if you had a silver sphere and rotated it around vs a silver tetrahedron or cube. It really shows depth with sharp edges, but goes bland on rounds. The shape of the 08 TSX had very few pronounced angles.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:38 AM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

yup he's picking up a 2012 5AT tech from my dealer haha
DUDE! spoiler alert!! blowing up my spot like that...hahah
Old 02-28-2012, 11:55 AM
Safety Car

DUDE! spoiler alert!! blowing up my spot like that...hahah
hey you said the color, that means im free to give away all the other info, like your social security number, and that you like long walks on the beach
Old 02-28-2012, 11:58 AM
Goodbye.

LOL

way to ruin the suspense and guesses hahaha..... I didn't even realized he said the color.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:08 PM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

i did not give away any color. i merely stated a color i like. and that i'm picking something up tomorrow. it could be anything!

could be pyro's mom for a date in her 2011 mdx. i could be taking her for that long walk on the beach that you gave away.

just for that, i'm taking that acura pen that stu is gonna give you. hahahah

txy luster...you saw nothing!
ed_423 (02-28-2012)

Quick Reply: Opinion on best color combo