New Member - TSX Wagon Qs

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 04:46 PM
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
New Member - TSX Wagon Qs

Hey everyone! It's my first post and I'm new to the forum...I've been reading a few threads here and there and ya'll seem like a cool group of people, so I thought I'd jump in and join the fun.
I'm in the process of (finally) buying my first car, and unfortunately, I don't know a whole lot about cars except that I love wagons and have wanted one for as long as I can remember. I'm ready to get my dad style goin and pull the trigger on a TSX wagon if I can find one that's been treated nicely with reasonable mileage.

What are common performance and cosmetic mods for the TSX wagon? So far, I'm just planning to lower suspension maybe an inch or inch and half and put on some better wheels and tires, but I'd like to tinker with performance and maybe any other mods you guys might recommend. Again, I don't know a lot about cars, so take it easy on me!

Thanks for the help! Of course I'll put up some pics as I move through the process. Excited to hear what you guys got

- Paul
Old 09-16-2019, 08:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,864 Likes on 14,006 Posts
Welcome.

TBH, outside of some new shoes and maybe lowering the car a bit, I think that could be the extent of it. Then again, without knowing your budget, I'm unsure what else to suggest as once you start the mod game, the sky is the limit too, right?

So, a bit more info, please.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:31 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Yumcha
Welcome.

TBH, outside of some new shoes and maybe lowering the car a bit, I think that could be the extent of it. Then again, without knowing your budget, I'm unsure what else to suggest as once you start the mod game, the sky is the limit too, right?

So, a bit more info, please.
Hey, thanks! Good point, I probably should have mentioned that. From what I've been reading, it seems like the options are endless, so this could get pricey fast...I have no real idea of how much things can and should cost, but, in addition to buying the car, I'm thinking to spend anywhere from $10-15k on mods over the course of the next year.

This wagon is gonna be my primary ride, and I commute about 60 miles a day. I want to hold on to it until it decides to quit on me, so I don't mind spending a little more on parts that have been tried and tested for quality over time. In terms of performance, I don't need anything crazy, maybe just something a little more exciting to drive than my current ride ('15 Subaru Crosstrek XV)

Again, I don't know if $10-15k is workable? But I'm really hoping it is Thanks!!
Old 09-16-2019, 11:53 PM
Safety Car

Received 833 Likes on 581 Posts
Congrats and welcome
The following users liked this post:
BigEezee (09-17-2019)
Old 09-20-2019, 02:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 115 Posts
2012 TSX Wagon here. Welcome!

Edmunds, once a great car site, did suspension walk-arounds. Here's its take on the TSX Sports Wagon, but unfortunately, all the photos are gone:

https://www.edmunds.com/g00/car-revi...%3d&i10c.dv=13

The final paragraph is encouraging:

The term "Sport" in the name raises expectations in the minds of some enthusiasts. The 2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon is not something you'd want to autocross, but its suspension works from a design and concept standpoint. As is, it's a comfortable and well-mannered wagon that is fun and entertaining to drive in the civilian sense. A set of stickier tires and perhaps some mild aftermarket tuning bits would likely make it come alive.

Good luck.
Old 09-20-2019, 07:42 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by WheelMcCoy
2012 TSX Wagon here. Welcome!

Edmunds, once a great car site, did suspension walk-arounds. Here's its take on the TSX Sports Wagon, but unfortunately, all the photos are gone:

https://www.edmunds.com/g00/car-revi...%3d&i10c.dv=13

The final paragraph is encouraging:

The term "Sport" in the name raises expectations in the minds of some enthusiasts. The 2011 Acura TSX Sport Wagon is not something you'd want to autocross, but its suspension works from a design and concept standpoint. As is, it's a comfortable and well-mannered wagon that is fun and entertaining to drive in the civilian sense. A set of stickier tires and perhaps some mild aftermarket tuning bits would likely make it come alive.

Good luck.
Oh wow thanks a lot, this is great info. I don't know that I ever would have found it. Haha yeah I agree about the last paragraph. Thanks a lot! Sounds like I may be able to get away with a more fun ride spending a little less than I previously thought. Always awesome news, the fiance will be very happy if this is the case!
Old 09-20-2019, 07:48 PM
10th Gear

Since the time of my original post, I think I had a stroke of a good fortune and came upon a 2014 wagon that seems relatively well treated, clean carfax, and relatively low miles. I'm getting it checked by a honda/acura shop to make sure its all as good as it looks before I get too attached...but if that all works out, I'll hand over my savings and sign some paperwork. Pics to come if it does.

Assuming all goes well ...First mod right out the gate will be wheels and tires. I was hoping to find some oem acura wheels. Anyone know if the TL type S wheels can make a clean transition onto a '14 wagon? Looking at these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Acura-TL-Type-S-Alloy-Wheel-Rim-OE-17X8JJ-42700SEPA61/303033949341?fits=Model%3ATL%7CMake%3AAcura&epid=6 55970446&hash=item468e3b1c9d:gIAAAOSwYwxcQhQ4
Old 09-21-2019, 03:36 AM
Null and proud of it

Received 899 Likes on 789 Posts
Where are you located? I noticed your username.
Old 09-21-2019, 03:40 AM
Null and proud of it

Oh and congratulations!!!

The thread that this picture was found in can be found HERE
Old 09-21-2019, 11:33 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am also looking at either getting an TSX wagon or going Benz E350 4 Matic. Where would you guys recommend I look for these wagons? I do not see them too often. What are reliable places to look? I am still about 6 months away from needing the car
Old 09-21-2019, 12:46 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery
Where are you located? I noticed your username.
Southern Califonia, but I get that a lot. Not from NOLA, but it was just a nickname I had growing up and it kinda stuck

Originally Posted by Midnight Mystery
Oh and congratulations!!!

The thread that this picture was found in can be found HERE
Thanks! Like I said, I still gotta get it checked to make sure it's not too good to be true, but with a little luck, it'll be in the driveway by next week!

Wow thanks for the info, I did a deep dive into the links you sent and man it is some absolutely great info. I'll be doing more research for sure, but I'm glad to hear it sounds like the tl s wheels will fit. I'm still looking to see if there are some 18" alternatives that I like as much as the tl s, but for now those are the definite front runners. They could probably do with some spacers. And it's really great suspension info too. I've been thinking a lot about what to do with that and I know the answer is in those posts somewhere. I'll keep ya'll updated as I go, with pics as soon as I can!

Thanks again, Cheers!

- Paul
Old 09-21-2019, 06:25 PM
Safety Car

Received 833 Likes on 581 Posts
Good luck Paul

lots of us wagon owners in so cal

made mistake selling my 91 4wd wagovan and 93 accord ex wagon

keeping the tsx. It’s great
mine has super sticky rubber - makes canyon drives to work fun
Old 09-21-2019, 06:58 PM
Null and proud of it

Originally Posted by BigEezee
Southern Califonia, but I get that a lot. Not from NOLA, but it was just a nickname I had growing up and it kinda stuck
Haha! That's cool! How's SoCal?

I noticed right away because I'm a native New Orleanian!

Thanks! Like I said, I still gotta get it checked to make sure it's not too good to be true, but with a little luck, it'll be in the driveway by next week!

Wow thanks for the info, I did a deep dive into the links you sent and man it is some absolutely great info. I'll be doing more research for sure, but I'm glad to hear it sounds like the tl s wheels will fit. I'm still looking to see if there are some 18" alternatives that I like as much as the tl s, but for now those are the definite front runners. They could probably do with some spacers. And it's really great suspension info too. I've been thinking a lot about what to do with that and I know the answer is in those posts somewhere. I'll keep ya'll updated as I go, with pics as soon as I can!

Thanks again, Cheers!

- Paul

I literally just Googled "TSX Wagon with TL TypeS wheels". That thread came up so I posted it, but im super glad it helped!

I also went through a similar dilemma a few yesrs ago when I wanted TL-S wheels in 18's... Too bad none are made, but TireRack has some similar looking alternatives in 18" and 19" sizes.