Need help with Windows and Roof rolling via Remote Start.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Need help with Windows and Roof rolling via Remote Start.

Hey guys,
Two months back i brought a MDX 2012 Tech Package... and finally, after much research on the remote starter and the bypass module, I got the Viper 5704 remote start installed today, along with the VSM250 GPS SmartStart module. Earlier i had inquired through the Viper dealers, and they quoted me around 1200 dollars for the 5704 remote starter, the vsm250 gps smartstart, a bypass module and the install.

However i did not go that route.. got a brand new Viper 5704 remote start off eBay with 4 yrs sellers warranty for less than 200 dollars, VSM250 for 150 dollars, and iDatalink ADS-AL CA bypass module for around 55 and the installer charged 160 dollars (80 an hour x 2).
He's not an authorized Viper dealer, however after a thorough research, and interviewing him, he sounded he is well aware of the subject, and does a good job based on the reviews on various forums and yelp.
For 555 dollars the entire unit is setup now for less than half the cost... and i guess better than what the authorized dealer would have done. He did a clean install.. and was very particular with connections and soldered the wires.

He was able to hardwire the trunk pop-up function though through the wires and a relay switch below below the dashboard. (apologies for my ignorance on the correct terminologies, but my knowledge on this subject is at a very beginners level).

However there is a couple of things we are still working on, and hence this post. Based on couple of notes mentioned here on the forum, i asked him to setup the windows and the sunroof without the windows viper module. I told him that MDX already has the function to roll the windows and sunroof with the keyfob and the drivers door lock, hence try the possibility to explore if he can find the wiring around the ignition area or around. Although he told me that it was possible through the door lock but he would have to open up the entire inside panels on the inside of the door to access to the door locks.
I was under an impression that with the iDatalink ADS-AL CA module, the wires for the windows and moonroof are in the central location below the dashboard and can be connected directly to the bypass module through the aux channel.

The installer tried to make some connections for the windows and the sunroof but it did not work.. No he did not take the door lock route, he did not snap the panels on the door out, as he said, it was too much work. Instead he was trying to explore the possibility through various wirings below the dashboard.

When he was unsuccessful, i asked him to explain in his words and recorded his voice, inorder to get help from the forum. Please help us identify what needs to be done.

In his words...

"I connected the Aux 1 and Aux 2 to the lock and unlock arm and disarm wires of the idatalink module. Programmed it, for latched to operate the window up and window down. It did'nt work. Actually caused the module to seize up and the lock stopped working. Cut the wire, the lock wire at the flash logic module, connected to straight ground to duplicate what i was trying to do to roll the windows up and down, the windows did not respond, it lock the door, and that was it."

Did he start wrong to begin with, or removing the door panels to get access to the door lock is the only way to go??
Old 10-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My apologies i posted this on TSX forum, instead of MDX.. can this be moved to MDX forum??
Else if anyone can recommend something, that be fine too...