My cousin TSXkid2010 brought me here.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 07:13 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by turning japanese
Don't forget to figure in the money you'll lose later at resale. A salvage title stays with a car forever.

Plus there are the costs down the road as you discover issues that rear their ugly head even though you assumed it was all fixed. And then there's the compromise of the safety of the overall structure of the car if you ever get in an accident.

All in all, salvage vehicles should remain where they belong: in the salvage yard. They're great as organ donors but that's it, imho.

Just my opinion, but I'd spend a little extra $$ on something with a clean title and a traceable history despite mileage. And for $17,000 you can pick up decent E46 BMWs etc. that have been well taken care of, and even have some money left over.

But nonetheless, good luck.

Yeah, I know. This car is going to basically be with my for life until I finish college in the future. So, it'll be okay if it's a low sell if I ever sale it. Thanks man!
Old 07-31-2012, 07:19 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Domm
Frame damage can be equally bad, if not worse than engine damage. It's the structure of your vehicle and it takes a professional to make it perfectly aligned. With the unibody construction, just hope only the crumple zones have been bent or that it has been properly fixed.

How many miles is on the car?
I honestly hope that nothing is damaged or bent. Lol if it were I hope they will fix when I get the chance to get my car. The miles. Well. I honestly don't know. Until I see the car. If the car was worth that much and have that much of a damage I'm hoping the car has low miles. I'm just praying that everything will be fine and ready togo.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:49 AM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

Received 527 Likes on 387 Posts
so your parents bought a salvaged car, without knowing the history or the mileage?? what. the. hell. i'm not being offensive but do your parents know the process involved in buying a car at all?? gotta do your due diligence on its history and it seems like they did not.

i really hope the car works out for you but damn...this looks like the start of a huge headache. if you can have tsxkid go with you when u receive the car, do that. at least he'll know all the ins and outs of the car so he can tell u what's right and wrong. have him test drive it too.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:08 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by mrstak
so your parents bought a salvaged car, without knowing the history or the mileage?? what. the. hell. i'm not being offensive but do your parents know the process involved in buying a car at all?? gotta do your due diligence on its history and it seems like they did not.

i really hope the car works out for you but damn...this looks like the start of a huge headache. if you can have tsxkid go with you when u receive the car, do that. at least he'll know all the ins and outs of the car so he can tell u what's right and wrong. have him test drive it too.
My parents know the history and mileage on it. Their in a buisness trip right now. So, I can't get ahold of them as of now. And tsxkid is no longer in my sight now since I moved. Lol but whoever is near GP " grand prairie " I wouldn't mind checking my car out to see if something may could be wrong with it.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:14 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by Tatsuya
My parents know the history and mileage on it. Their in a buisness trip right now. So, I can't get ahold of them as of now. And tsxkid is no longer in my sight now since I moved. Lol but whoever is near GP " grand prairie " I wouldn't mind checking my car out to see if something may could be wrong with it.
We can tell you right now that there are lots of things wrong with it.

We may not be able to save you from yourself but walk (run) away from this car if you can. If you are paying the salvage yard to fix it for you then you can expect electrical problems, driveability issues and (quite possibly) safety issues.

Last edited by ceb; 07-31-2012 at 09:17 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Tatsuya (07-31-2012)
Old 07-31-2012, 09:30 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by ceb

We may not be able to save you from yourself but walk (run) away from this car if you can. If you are paying the salvage yard to fix it for you then you can expect electrical problems, driveability issues and (quite possibly) safety issues.
The car is already signed for and everything. Well yeah, reliability may not be 100% but I hope to damn that all 3 of them issues don't occur. Especially for my safety of the car. I dont want to see no drive shaft flying. =\
Old 07-31-2012, 10:14 AM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

do you know any mechanics? or can u get in touch with any reputable mechanics in your area? if you can, i highly suggest you pay them to come with you and inspect the car when you take possession of it. if he finds ANYTHING that can help you get out of buying this car, i suggest you use it as a way to get out of the deal. i'm not saying tell the mechanic to lie but have him thoroughly inspect the car for any hidden damages that weren't fixed.

trust me...your parents can find a better deal. if they even give you a slight opening to not buy the car, use it.
Tatsuya (07-31-2012)
Old 07-31-2012, 10:38 AM
Cruisin'

do you know any mechanics? or can u get in touch with any reputable mechanics in your area? if you can, i highly suggest you pay them to come with you and inspect the car when you take possession of it. if he finds ANYTHING that can help you get out of buying this car, i suggest you use it as a way to get out of the deal. i'm not saying tell the mechanic to lie but have him thoroughly inspect the car for any hidden damages that weren't fixed.

trust me...your parents can find a better deal. if they even give you a slight opening to not buy the car, use it.
OKAY! Scratch that out. Lol Soooo. I called my parents which I wasn't suppose to and got bitched at so I can have the number of the company so I did. Miles on the car has 30k and has no history behind it because they bought from an Auction house. HERE'S THE THING. They said I can back down and get another car if I WANT TOO! But there's not any TSX that I can't find here? I need help ASAP! Because I'll be going to the company this Saturday morning!
Old 07-31-2012, 10:40 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by ceb

You were right man thanks! I can back down they said, but I need to find an tsx ASAP or I might suggest another car if I can't find one because I need a car soon.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:07 AM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
back out. NOW.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:08 AM
SeeYou2Crew #2

this will be a great learning experience for you too haha.

be patient and keep looking, there are a BUNCH of deals out there.
Tatsuya (07-31-2012)
Old 07-31-2012, 11:17 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

You were right man thanks! I can back down they said, but I need to find an tsx ASAP or I might suggest another car if I can't find one because I need a car soon.
There are 117 Used Acura TSXs within 50 Miles of 75050 according to Cars.com and about 15 of those are Gen 2 under $19k. Most are being sold by an Acura dealer (Mac Churchill) and you might even be able to get one or two certified.

Me? I'd find a nice low mileage 1st gen TSX and drive that for a few years - reselling it for not much less than you paid when you're done with school.
Tatsuya (07-31-2012)
Old 07-31-2012, 11:41 AM
SEEYOU2CREW

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts
Lol he just called me and said he wouldn't even get a 2009; he wants a 2010. Someone please tell him there's practically NO differences between the two LMAO.

Thanks guys for talking some sense into him, I couldn't do it myself. Didn't wanna see my cousin get trapped by this deal.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:07 PM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

OMG TSXKID'S COUSIN. There is NO difference in an 09 and 10 TSX.

The rear vents got added in the 11 onward right? PyroDave, correct me if I'm wrong.

So yea, there is no difference at all in the way it drives, the way it looks and the features of each car. If you can find an 09 priced aggressively as compared to a 10 with similar mileage, just get the 2009 since you said you'd want to keep it till its wheels fall off.

For this next car that you'll be looking at, will your parents be back in time to go look at the car with you or are you doing this solo? Someone in the area please help him out.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:08 PM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

also, is there a budget limit? mileage limit? more details please. tsxkid, if you know any of these details, chime in too.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:15 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

I offered him my 2010 TSX for $20k HAHAHHAHAHAH.
Tatsuya (07-31-2012)
Old 07-31-2012, 12:22 PM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

i'd take the $17k salvage tsx over kid's tsx. that thing is cursed. instead of getting girls with it, he scares them away.
The following 3 users liked this post by mrstak:
drivedata (07-31-2012), ed_423 (07-31-2012), MC MiYoung3269 (07-31-2012)
Old 07-31-2012, 02:23 PM
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
I'm glad to hear you woke up and decided to walk away from this potential (and most likely) nightmare. Under Texas law a salvage title means that fixing the car will cost more than the "actual cash value of the vehicle at the time before the damage."

The insurance company paid out as a total loss (unrepairable in respect economical costs and more than the value of the car when it was undamaged.)

I'm still guessing this car had water damage, too. The Texas DMV website has a page where you can type in the VIN and see it it ever had water damage. This implies that there are plenty of water damage issues in that state. (Also never even consider a salvage without first having a qualified body shop technician inspect the frame. Frame damage and repair permanently fatigues the steel. It's now a weakened frame and can be a problem, esp in an accident later on. Any good body shop person will tell you this. It's also why insurance companies write off frame damaged cars.)

And get whatever car your parents are willing to get you and if it's a first gen, then so what. They are nice enough to give you a car in the first place. Take the gift and be grateful. You should be appreciative they're doing this for you and take what they can afford to offer you. My first car was a piece of crap and I had to pay for it myself.
Tatsuya (07-31-2012)
Old 07-31-2012, 03:00 PM
Drifting

Received 1,000 Likes on 712 Posts
lulz I really needa visit the forums more often instead of the subs list and spamming f5 every once in a while XD

My parents wouldn't even get me a freggin EK hatch (yet yours get you a salvaged TSX lul) and got me a TSX instead... lol Am I crajee for being jelly of my friend who recently got one for $500 that's hella clean?

Anywho, sup and welcome to the forums lol and good to know you back out of that deal
Tatsuya (07-31-2012)
Old 07-31-2012, 03:10 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

now that's where you guys are wrong. the 2010 is VERY different from the 2009. the 2010 has a turbo 4 that produces 280 hp and 270 tq, it is also rear wheel drive with the option of all wheel drive. it has a 6 speed dual clutch, lsd, brembo 4 piston brakes, aspec tuned suspension and aspec stage 3 cat back quad exhaust. it also has a carbon fiber diffuser, front splitter, and interior. interior has recaro bucket seats in the front, and a touch screen navi system with wifi function, pandora, text, etc. it also has a push start system and a turbo boost function that temporarily increase the torque from 270 to 310.
MC MiYoung3269 (07-31-2012)
Old 07-31-2012, 03:13 PM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

someone in the market for a tsx is going to believe you ed and then start looking for this unicorn of a car.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:25 PM
Cruisin'

OMG TSXKID'S COUSIN. There is NO difference in an 09 and 10 TSX.

The rear vents got added in the 11 onward right? PyroDave, correct me if I'm wrong.

So yea, there is no difference at all in the way it drives, the way it looks and the features of each car. If you can find an 09 priced aggressively as compared to a 10 with similar mileage, just get the 2009 since you said you'd want to keep it till its wheels fall off.

For this next car that you'll be looking at, will your parents be back in time to go look at the car with you or are you doing this solo? Someone in the area please help him out.
Yeah, I know. My dad is flying back on his business trip tomorrow to look around for me, so I'll be with him and I already called off for the salvage tsx. I'm already looking around on Mac church hill what Ceb pointed out. And the limit is about $20,000. Nothing higher than that.

To " turning Japanese" haha yeah, I know. I owned 2 cars already with my working pay and parents decide to get me a more reliable car now. Thanks for the help and advices. It's very much appreciated.

To "MC" lmao I feel yuh on that. My first car was a bitch to get. I saved my lunch money to get my first car. =| and thank you! If it weren't for you guys, I'd be in the middle of the street calling for a tow truck because my car just transformed to a snow board scraping into the concrete. Lol (:

I thought sites were all troll but I thought wrong! I'm glad you guys helped me through this. Especially CEB and the others that told me to RUNAWAY from the car before it eats me alive. So, I'm gonna show my dad about this site and look through all y'alls comments to make sure I get the best reliable and affordable car and nonSALVAGED car. (:

Ps: I feel like I'm the only one in this site that was going to buy a salvaged car? Lol
Old 07-31-2012, 03:29 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by ed_423
now that's where you guys are wrong. the 2010 is VERY different from the 2009. the 2010 has a turbo 4 that produces 280 hp and 270 tq, it is also rear wheel drive with the option of all wheel drive. it has a 6 speed dual clutch, lsd, brembo 4 piston brakes, aspec tuned suspension and aspec stage 3 cat back quad exhaust. it also has a carbon fiber diffuser, front splitter, and interior. interior has recaro bucket seats in the front, and a touch screen navi system with wifi function, pandora, text, etc. it also has a push start system and a turbo boost function that temporarily increase the torque from 270 to 310.
LOL idk what to say about this.
SEEYOU2CREW

Geez man...don't thank me after i told you from the get go HAHAHA kidding.
SEEYOU2CREW

LOL idk what to say about this.
Yeah you thought we were ALL troll...we're only PARTIALLY trolls...
Old 07-31-2012, 03:33 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by TSXKid2010
Yeah you thought we were ALL troll...we're only PARTIALLY trolls...
LMAO. I'm a key your car when I see you. Don't ask why.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:33 PM
Drifting

Now who wants to turn this magical TSX that faggEd has described into reality?
I bet a Russian or German already has though.... lul
Old 07-31-2012, 03:35 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by MC MiYoung3269
Now who wants to turn this magical TSX that faggEd has described into reality?
I bet a Russian or German already has though.... lul
LOL I wanna see this magical car.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:36 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

It already exists...in mother russia
Old 07-31-2012, 03:53 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

... I'm gonna show my dad about this site and look through all y'alls comments to make sure I get the best reliable and affordable car
Oh crap. Now we'll have adult supervision...
turning japanese (07-31-2012)
Old 07-31-2012, 03:53 PM
Drifting

ㅋㅋㅋㅋ... Dang Russians and their boss modding lol
Old 07-31-2012, 03:56 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by ceb
Oh crap. Now we'll have adult supervision...
LOL I made that sound like its a crime. Lemme stop.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:58 PM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

omg adults...should we stop cursing? alright everyone...let's all be mature. no more jokes and trolling and insults and what not. that means no one post anymore in this thread.

mods lock this thread.
MC MiYoung3269 (07-31-2012)
Old 07-31-2012, 03:58 PM
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Ps: I feel like I'm the only one in this site that was going to buy a salvaged car? Lol
Don't feel bad. I've had lots of cars in my life (I'm probably older than most here) and in all the forums (including Mercedes, BMW, Porsche) there's always somebody who's found a "deal" in a salvaged car. And everybody immediately says to walk away. That person finally realizes there's never going to be a free lunch.

I used to have a Volvo V70R (a very fast Volvo station wagon with a big cult following http://online.wsj.com/article/SB114073775464081884.html) Some guy came on the Swedespeed forum with a salvage deal and claimed he could fix it, etc.. Everybody said stay away but he didn't listen. A few months later he came on saying that he should've listened.

For $20k you'll find something good. Just do your homework and don't rush it. Being in a hurry means you'll just end up making compromises.

Good luck.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:59 PM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchr...MENT&pgId=2102
Old 07-31-2012, 04:13 PM
Drifting

Received 657 Likes on 478 Posts
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

That one seems like a hell of a deal.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:18 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

^oh. my. god. I would get that in a heartbeat. 6MT FTW....
Old 07-31-2012, 04:21 PM
Drifting

Received 657 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by TSXKid2010
^oh. my. god. I would get that in a heartbeat. 6MT FTW....
Perfect color combo too. And only 27k!

I regret getting 5AT, but I do love my tech package.

I payed 19,500 for mine with 42k.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:22 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

I have the same color combo...
it's like my car with 6MT
Old 07-31-2012, 05:22 PM
Drifting

^ tell him to get it and go trade with him LOL

Quick Reply: My cousin TSXkid2010 brought me here.