ON THE MARKET: ILX or TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 11:32 AM
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
If you decide on ILX wait till spring Acura is doing an update like they did with Honda civic. Prob going to add tech package as option on 6Speed. Plus do other upgrades .
Old 02-27-2013, 12:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 141 Likes on 126 Posts
Originally Posted by JTRADAR61
If you decide on ILX wait till spring Acura is doing an update like they did with Honda civic. Prob going to add tech package as option on 6Speed. Plus do other upgrades .
I hope they announce the TLX by then. The decision of picking up a TSX or wait till Acura announce the TLX is killing me.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:05 PM
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts
I drove the ILX 6MT a few months ago when I was considering going with something a tad smaller. Loved the gearbox like all Hondas. But I couldn't stand the ride. It was not composed at all over bumpier roads. A bit more vague in the steering than my TSX. I did not care for the interior or the height at which the center stack sat, the boxy interior feel, or the open area by the legs (I personally like the cockpit feel, this doesn't have that).

Now for the Tech package. Do what you will. But I got the base model for a very good reason and it had nothing to do with finances. I got it because I know how to read road signs with my eyes. I know which way is north. And if I need to find a place, I study a map on my phone for about a minute, then I put the phone down and drive. I don't need any "fancy" screen in my car nor do I want one. It is a distraction at best. No offense to you tech lovers out there. I just don't need it.

Additionally, my comparison was coming from an automatic TSX. Part of why I wanted to switch was to get back to a 6MT. Nothing about the ILX drew me in enough to make me even remotely consider switching.

Maybe this helps. Maybe it raises more questions. Either way, hope you enjoy whatever it is you decide to get. In the end, I say buy a GT-R and don't look back.

A couple of other notes real quick... In the last year I've driven an Infiniti G37, G35, two 370Zs (one NISMO), Scion FRS, the newest Ford Fusion, '12 Honda Civic SI and a few others alongs those lines not really worth mentioning. Not a single one has taken enough of my attention from my TSX that would make me want to switch. Except a GTR. So, with that, buy a GTR and let me drive it.

Last edited by Tannis; 02-27-2013 at 07:10 PM.