Keep the 10' V6? Or move on

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013 | 04:26 PM
Racer

Keep the 10' V6? Or move on

My TSX is going to be nearly 4 years old with 57K miles. I am still debating whether to keep it, or sell it while I have somewhat low/derivable miles. Mind you, the v6 depreciates more than the i-4 version, not sure if that has anything to do with Honda's V6 transmission (although mine has been bullet proof so far.)

Anyways, mileage aside, I'm trying to find something a little more exciting to drive. You could say I'm getting the new car itch.

Cars I've been looking at with serious intentions are the f30 328i, the 13' Volkswagen GTI, or the Hyundai Gen Coupe 3.8. Some of you may recommend me the new Accord v6, but the driving dynamics on the thing does not do it for me and I feel the interior is still cheap for the price.

So of the three (or 4, including my car), which would you guys consider. The only dislike I have on the BMW is the price, when compared to the other 2. You start adding options and it tips over the 38K mark I'm really leaning towards the GTI or the Hyundai...But the options/price/torque of the Hyundai is really winning me over
Old 08-05-2013 | 04:49 PM
Travel & Food Enthusiast

I think BMW's driving dynamics are in a class of its own, so from that angle alone, the f30 is by far the top candidate on your list.

Since you're thinking about the GTI, I figure I'd throw in something else for you to consider: I recently drove the Ford Fiesta ST and Focus ST at their EcoBoost Challenge and was AMAZED. They have PLENTY of power (specifically, TORQUE) and have the handling chops to go up against the best (they do NOT feel like your average FWD hatchbacks). If I was in the market for a "hot hatch", I would heavily consider the Focus ST. I believe the STs only come in manual... in case that's a consideration for you.
Old 08-06-2013 | 08:41 AM
Burning Brakes

If I were to walk-in to a dealership and buy a car right now, I would buy a Honda Accord base or sport model. Hands down, the best bang for your buck. I-4 engine technology definitely keeps getting better. Test drove one the other day and was thoroughly impressed with the Accord EX.

Then again, it all depends on what you want out of a car. Accord doesn't exactly scream "sexy", but it's practical and they last. I like the coupes too, although they are a little big.

I had a BMW once. Never again...
Old 08-06-2013 | 09:02 AM
Everyday I'm rofling

Keep the V6 forever.
Old 08-06-2013 | 04:01 PM
Racer

60K miles are considered low? I say, if it is already bought, drive it until the wheels come off. Yes, the GTI/Genny/Bimmer/W.e else you have in mind are bit more exciting to drive than your current V6, even compared to the I-4's but it seems you already have (practicality), somewhat (efficient), reliability, and decent performance. If your mind is already made up however, I say the Genny isn't a bad choice, but again im not sure what youre exactly look for in the car...ala performance, practicality or everything which i just mentioned. if youre really wanting something new perhaps wait for the Mercedes CLA when it comes out this fall and be the first to review it for us!
Old 08-06-2013 | 04:56 PM
I Spit On You.

BMW F30, 4 years 50k scheduled maintenance included, warranty isn't bad either. http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...t.aspx?s_kwcid
Old 08-06-2013 | 04:58 PM
Everyday I'm rofling

Mercedes>BMW
The following users liked this post:
Mercedes>BMW (08-06-2013)
Old 08-06-2013 | 05:34 PM
Old Guy

Originally Posted by CAgine
My TSX is going to be nearly 4 years old with 57K miles. I am still debating whether to keep it, or sell it while I have somewhat low/derivable miles. Mind you, the v6 depreciates more than the i-4 version, not sure if that has anything to do with Honda's V6 transmission (although mine has been bullet proof so far.)

Anyways, mileage aside, I'm trying to find something a little more exciting to drive. You could say I'm getting the new car itch.

Cars I've been looking at with serious intentions are the f30 328i, the 13' Volkswagen GTI, or the Hyundai Gen Coupe 3.8. Some of you may recommend me the new Accord v6, but the driving dynamics on the thing does not do it for me and I feel the interior is still cheap for the price.

So of the three (or 4, including my car), which would you guys consider. The only dislike I have on the BMW is the price, when compared to the other 2. You start adding options and it tips over the 38K mark I'm really leaning towards the GTI or the Hyundai...But the options/price/torque of the Hyundai is really winning me over
A little apples and oranges here. The (well) equipped BMW is close (enough) to twice the GTI to call it so. The Hyundai is more than a little more too. I'd vote for the VW if it weren't for a tremendously improved model coming about a year from now. All that said, I'd keep the TSX. It's just broken in, probably good enough mileage wise (I'd guess the GTI is the only car on your list that might show a noticeable improvement in real world mileage). And best of all, (I assume) it's paid for. Now.... if you just want a new car (and there's nothing wrong with that), admit that to yourself, and get whatever the heck you want.