Inside Trunk & Seat Memory Buttons Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2020, 12:02 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Inside Trunk & Seat Memory Buttons Not Working

I hit a snag, my seat memory and trunk buttons are not working. The remote trunk button does work though. I recently changed the driver side window/lock switch and cannot recall if the issue occurred after. The trunk button in the glove box is off. I tried purchasing a second hand trunk button and seat memory button on eBay and installed and this did not fix my problem. Any guidance or direction would help? I am at a hard stopping point on what to try next. Thanks!!
Old 01-26-2020, 11:35 AM
Racer

Received 77 Likes on 63 Posts
Apologies in advance for possibly stating the obvious...but did you check fuse(s) to make sure you didn't blow one during the window switch replacement?

Last edited by jjrphs; 01-26-2020 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-26-2020, 03:08 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by jjrphs
Apologies in advance for possibly stating the obvious...but did you check fuse(s) to make sure you didn't blow one during the window switch replacement?
yes I did, both light up with the lights turned on.
Old 01-28-2020, 12:25 PM
RTM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Looks like the LEDs are on the same fuse as the controls, so your assumption about switches lighting up is OK (not on my other car). Typing as I'm diagnosing, so a bit scrambled.

Drivers Seat memory is on fuse 24 (20a) white wire going to the switch (lights x3 and 2x indicators all seem to be on the same fuse, as well as the buttons) Fuse feeding into this one is No 3-4 (60a) so I doubt it is blown. Grounded off point G501 (black wire at the switch, changes to brown somewhere). This is all controlled through the power window switch module, in the door. Turned on by IG2 (key on, No 16 fuse (7.5a) runs lots of stuff, so probably not a problem.

There is also a CAN BUS connection from the switch to the MICU, via a junction box, via Pink and Blue wires.

Trunk lid release power is on fuse 25 (15a), there is a relay (actuator relay?) that is pulled in by the drivers MICU., but on the same fuse. If the outside trunk mounted switch or remote works, the problem is in your switch.

the wiring for the switch in the door (This is protected by the same IG2 fuse No 16 as above) This does ground to the same G501 point as the seat memory. The control power from the NO 24 fuse above controls the switch

There is also a CAN BUS connection from the switch to the MICU, via a junction box, via Pink and Blue wires.

So based on above, look for ground issues, or the CAN BUS being disrupted,
Old 01-30-2020, 06:21 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by RTM
Looks like the LEDs are on the same fuse as the controls, so your assumption about switches lighting up is OK (not on my other car). Typing as I'm diagnosing, so a bit scrambled.

Drivers Seat memory is on fuse 24 (20a) white wire going to the switch (lights x3 and 2x indicators all seem to be on the same fuse, as well as the buttons) Fuse feeding into this one is No 3-4 (60a) so I doubt it is blown. Grounded off point G501 (black wire at the switch, changes to brown somewhere). This is all controlled through the power window switch module, in the door. Turned on by IG2 (key on, No 16 fuse (7.5a) runs lots of stuff, so probably not a problem.

Trunk lid release power is on fuse 25 (15a), there is a relay (actuator relay?) that is pulled in by the drivers MICU., but on the same fuse. If the outside trunk mounted switch or remote works, the problem is in your switch.

the wiring for the switch in the door (This is protected by the same IG2 fuse No 16 as above) This does ground to the same G501 point as the seat memory. The control power from the NO 24 fuse above controls the switch

So based on above, look for ground issues, or the CAN BUS being disrupted,
i figured out my problem based on my decisions and research into a 2012 Accord. When my driver window switch went out, I purchased an accord switch which was about half the price. I found out that the accord did not have an electric switch For the trunk as the TSX. Lucky for me, I threw the old switch away since my accord switch was working as intended until a few weeks later when I needed to get into the trunk. I ordered a used tsx switch on eBay and my functionality came back. I appreciate you guys response as I feel like an idiot. As the cars age I wanted to share this in the case someone decides to do the same thing.
Old 02-03-2020, 05:08 PM
RTM
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
So, which wires didn't you have on the Accord switch, the Pink Blue pair? Or some other?