How can I turn off my Day Time Running Lamps on my 2010 TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 02:59 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TSteezyX
This is just a very stupid statement...
I"m not about to get into it on a thread over the internet. But, I'm assuming most of the folks on this Acura enthusiast thread do remove the dealer sticker on the back of the vehicle if one was installed. If not, you are just taking away from the fabulous image of your Acura, while becoming a mobile billboard.

If you think I am the only one who feels this way about DRLs, please visit this site. While not the most extravagant, it gets the point across -- The NHTSA finds NO SAFETY benefit for DRLs.

http://www.lightsout.org/
Old 03-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
Originally Posted by skrichte
I"m not about to get into it on a thread over the internet. But, I'm assuming most of the folks on this Acura enthusiast thread do remove the dealer sticker on the back of the vehicle if one was installed. If not, you are just taking away from the fabulous image of your Acura, while becoming a mobile billboard.

If you think I am the only one who feels this way about DRLs, please visit this site. While not the most extravagant, it gets the point across -- The NHTSA finds NO SAFETY benefit for DRLs.

i just wanna point out that their blog post has "negative" misspelled, along with their main logo having 3 vehicles with their fog lights AND high beams on. pretty much just tells me that these people have to much time on their hands.

beyond that. if you want to, then pull the fuse. if you don't mind the DRL's, don't pull the fuse. if you want, drive with your low beams and fog lights on. no one will ever agree on everything. just let it be. theres no point to debate this lol
Old 03-01-2011, 05:53 PM
SEEYOU2CREW

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts

Am I the only one who doesn't see the connection between removing dealer logos and daytime running lights...?
Old 03-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
Originally Posted by TSXKid2010
Am I the only one who doesn't see the connection between removing dealer logos and daytime running lights...?
I'm all about having a safer vehicle. But seriously, if someone is more apt to see you with daytime running lights, I think that person needs to have their eyesight rexamined. I do understand its 5 oclock somewhere and happy hour might have started a little early....but I digress.
People who enjoy a clean car, appreciate disabling DRL's. These people also realize that the Dealer sticker on the back of their trunk is not a billboard and immediately remove it when they get home.

BTW, thanks for the DRL fuse tip!. GO PACK! ; )
does that help ya tsxkid? hes adding onto his previous arguement =P
Old 03-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Intermediate

off topic..however...i find it funny that people that dont have drls on their cars want them and people that have cars that have drls from the factory wants to take them off...hm
Old 03-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts

If you actually go to the NHTSA and read their report in their words, you will find that the Lightsout.org folks have not represented the results of the study entirely, just the parts that support their agenda.

Back to safety, nearly every state has a law requiring motorcycles to have headlights on at all times and the reason is to increase visibility. Regardless of whether you "should" have seen them anyway, the light makes them more visible.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:50 AM
SEEYOU2CREW

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by PyroDave
does that help ya tsxkid? hes adding onto his previous arguement =P
I mean I get his point, but he's associating removing dealer stickers to DRLs? He's saying that people who like DRLs don't appreciate a clean car.

Removing a dealer logo I'm sure EVERYONE (besides dealers themselves) would agree makes a cleaner car.

Disabling DRLs, however, is of personal preference. Just because someone has DRLs doesn't mean their car can't be clean.

That's what I'm trying to say
Old 03-03-2011, 11:13 AM
3rd Gear

I wanted to confirm that pulling fuse #15 (7.5a) under the driver side dash, will disable the DRL (daytime running lights). There is no warning light that displays.

This method worked for a 2011 TSX (assuming 2010 will work as well).

Its a matter of preference I supposed, but I still don't believe a vehicle in the US, where we have plenty of daylight, we need to equip our vehicles with lights to be more visible---during the day. But I guess DRLs could be useful when you are 2 sheets to the wind, pulling out of the bar parking lot at 4pm after lunch hour turned into an all after noon bender.