Homelink set up

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Homelink set up

Hi, I am new to acurazine, and am a new TSX owner, and I am wondering if anyone knows how to link the homelink to a garage door without the opener remote? boyfriend lost it, and i would like to be able to open the garage door! THANKS!
Old 02-06-2009, 09:07 PM
Vancouver B.C.

Received 325 Likes on 262 Posts
you may have a garage open button on top of your pulley box thing; the thing that opens up your garage door...you could also try the big button that you probably push to open the garage when you leave your house every morning.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Racer

can you link it without the remote? the manual only gives instructions with the remote. i have never had a car with homelink before
Old 02-06-2009, 11:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by kristy7911
can you link it without the remote? the manual only gives instructions with the remote. i have never had a car with homelink before
Yes you can. Basically it is...

1) Get a Ladder and Press the button on the Garage Door Unit.
2) Go to your car and press and hold the homelink button you wish it to be programmed.
3) Hold the button for about 15 seconds and the door should close.
4) Test it.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:07 AM
Instructor

If you door opener is older than around 10-15 years, it probably has a modifieable hard code. On the garage door opener, if you do not see the "orange button for programming" it should have a small door on it that will have approximateley 6 to 8 small toggle switches labeled 1 through 6 (or 8) with an "A" and "B" position.

Go to Home depot, get a universal remote (Chamberlain) that says it will work for pre 10 year old openers. This remote will have the same switch set up as your door opener. Set the switch in the same sequence as the door, and then you have a remote that you can sync up to your car. This is the only way to do it for the older style doors, the remote will cost around $20.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:58 PM
15 TLX Tech

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Question..... has anyone had problems programming their HomeLink? I had an 06 TSX and traded for an 09 last week. My 06 had my gate remote and garage remote both programmed to the HomeLink. I tried to program my 09 and no luck. The HomeLink lights blink like the owner manual states so it seems to be accepting the remote signal, but it will not operate the gate or garage door. Seems like it receives the signal, but will not transmit the signal.... I hate to drive back to the dealer for service if its something simple that Im not doing... or wonder if it is defective....?
Old 02-08-2009, 01:47 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by TSXtravis
Question..... has anyone had problems programming their HomeLink? I had an 06 TSX and traded for an 09 last week. My 06 had my gate remote and garage remote both programmed to the HomeLink. I tried to program my 09 and no luck. The HomeLink lights blink like the owner manual states so it seems to be accepting the remote signal, but it will not operate the gate or garage door. Seems like it receives the signal, but will not transmit the signal.... I hate to drive back to the dealer for service if its something simple that Im not doing... or wonder if it is defective....?
I did run into problems initially, but I soon find out it wasn't really a problem, just me not being able to read. I really think the owner's manual is really confusing. I just went on the homelink website. And then tried it and it work. All you have to do is press the button behind the box in the roof of the garage and then go to your car and press and hold the homelink button and the garage should close meaning that it has received the signal.

If your programming your gate opener to your community all you have to do is hold the designated homelink button and also press the garage door button at the same time and the red light should blink slow at first then it would rapidly blink.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:36 AM
There's a snake in

I just programmed my Homelink to my garage about 3 minutes ago. My garage is newer so it generates a "rolling code" if i try to link with the remote transmitter. If this happens, just press a button on the garage console thing (the box that is being suspended, connected to the pulley system) and it should start blinking. Then run run run to your car and press and hold any Homelink button you want paired for about 3-5 seconds. Release and press the button and the garage should close!
Old 02-08-2009, 02:01 PM
Instructor

Here are the instructions from the Homelink website:

http://www.homelink.com/programming/programming.taf
Old 02-21-2009, 08:13 PM
15 TLX Tech

odd question..... but on the HomeLink "strip" on the overhead console, is yours tight or loose? Beside the HomeLink buttons is the microphone. If I press on the microphone grooves, the whole HL section moves about 1/8 inch. So it doesn't seem to be tightly fastened. Hard to explain but hope that makes sense. Is anyone elses loose?
Old 02-22-2009, 06:52 AM
Instructor

odd question..... but on the HomeLink "strip" on the overhead console, is yours tight or loose? Beside the HomeLink buttons is the microphone. If I press on the microphone grooves, the whole HL section moves about 1/8 inch. So it doesn't seem to be tightly fastened. Hard to explain but hope that makes sense. Is anyone elses loose?
Mine is not, but in another thread this is discussed with the annoyance of a buzz. The fix was to pop it out and put some felt tape on the back and pop it back in/
Old 02-22-2009, 06:54 PM
15 TLX Tech

it doesnt seem to make a buzzing or rattle. Just when you press a button, its loose. Mine works 50% of the time. Sometimes it opens the gate into my neighborhood and sometimes not. same with the garage door. I have a feeling its not working correctly or wasnt correctly installed.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Intermediate

it doesnt seem to make a buzzing or rattle. Just when you press a button, its loose. Mine works 50% of the time. Sometimes it opens the gate into my neighborhood and sometimes not. same with the garage door. I have a feeling its not working correctly or wasnt correctly installed.
Sounds like you better have yours checked out, I still have not set mine up yet to open my garage door!
Old 02-22-2009, 10:54 PM
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
For rolling code garages, you have to "train" your HL before doing the "learning" thing. Read the owner's manual. I had to trained mine before it would "learn". Mine works 100% of the time...so far.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Oliver!!!

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
From what I understand, Homelink is Homelink, regardless of year, make or model. That said, the Homelink in my 1G works flawlessly with my Genie. It is a rolling code unit, and was very easy to program, but you do have to have a remote. The remote teaches the Homelink unit. Then you have to sync it to the opener. It worked exactly the same when I programmed my friend's TT to her gate and garage door opener.

Remotes are available online and in stores like Home Depot and Lowes, and they're not that expensive. I found genuine Genie remotes that work with mine for $20 on ebay. And if I remember right, they were only like $30 at Home Depot. They make wireless keypads for it too that you can mount outside for access.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:54 PM
Registered Schmegistered

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
I wanted to bring this thread back from the depths because I ran into an issue programming my Genie garage door to my 09 TSX I just picked up. Others may find this info helpful....

For the life of me I could not get my remote/homelink/garage door to sync and work correctly. I followed the instructions in the manual, then the homelink website (which match the manual) and it still would not work. I finally figured out that on the side of my garage door remote, there's a small switch that had to be flipped up. I ran through the procedure again, and voila, it works! If you're having problems, be sure to check your remote for something like this. I think it was keeping it from programming correctly......
Old 11-26-2011, 10:52 PM
Cruisin'

Ironically I just tried to program my '11 SW I bought a couple of weeks ago and no luck either. I'll try some of the suggestions above.