Got new TSX Sport Wagon: Black/Black

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 07:42 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new 2011 TSX Wagon

I picked up my 2011 TSX Sport Wagon last Saturday and it is fabulous. Tight steering and amazingly good acceleration. The power lift gate is great and I agree that the bluetooth audio is wonderful. I use a motorola droid and it will connect without ever touching the phone + you can advance the song list from the steering wheel. Much improved from my 2010 RDX...yep...two acuras in the family. Oh yea...traded a bmw 330xi for this one. Needs the convenience of a hatchback and just couldn't stand the flats and cracked wheels from NYC potholes. Just one problem. There is some type of rattle in the driver's side door or seat. Very intermittent. Thought it might be something in the door storage area or even the rear seatbelt flapping but I emptied the storage and buckled the seatbelt. still there. Anyone else have this issue. Before I send my wonderful dealer on the hunt I'd like to try to narrow the focus.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:46 PM
1st Gear

TSX Sport Wagon max. roof rail weight capacity?

I am taking a long look at the 2011 TSX sport wagon (w/o tech) to replace our aging 2002 Volvo V70 AWD wagon.
Yes, I wish the TSX had AWD, but I can live without it.

We are outdoor sports enthusiasts (cycling, sea kayaking, cargo box, etc.) so the rated weight capacity of the TSX's euro roof rails are important to us. I cannot find this info on-line or the regional dealer. Anyone have a source for this info? Thanks.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

[/quote]

Love the room in the back, also like how there is not a ton of plastics covering the engine. Congratulations.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:49 AM
5th Gear

Has anybody tried securing the hatch down when transporting something that sticks out the back end? The only place I found is right behind the lock on the hatch, but it's plastic and doesn't seem secure enough.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:12 AM
Good Vibes

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Congrats on the wagon! Black is a sweet color. I started a thread for all the wagon owners "TSX Wagonfest". Go ahead and post pics of your sweet wagons.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:28 PM
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 3 Posts
@islandbeef - thanks for bumping this thread because I hadn't seen it!

@oblio98 - thanks for the awesome pics! I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2011 or 2012 black-on-black wagon as well. I too am worried about keeping it clean, having had black cars in the past. I probably would have gone with the blue, but my wife wants black (she will be the primary driver). I think I'm going to probably have to commandeer it a day or two a week for my commute just for the audio system and tech stuff and I'll let her drive the 9-5 wagon for carting the kiddo around.

Getting pretty psyched now...
Old 10-22-2011, 04:59 AM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 481 Likes on 223 Posts
Originally Posted by spg900ny
@islandbeef - thanks for bumping this thread because I hadn't seen it!

@oblio98 - thanks for the awesome pics! I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2011 or 2012 black-on-black wagon as well. I too am worried about keeping it clean, having had black cars in the past. I probably would have gone with the blue, but my wife wants black (she will be the primary driver). I think I'm going to probably have to commandeer it a day or two a week for my commute just for the audio system and tech stuff and I'll let her drive the 9-5 wagon for carting the kiddo around.

Getting pretty psyched now...
I'm at 17000 Miles on my wagon now and I still love it. Once you get used to it, you'll love it too. Get some DVD-Audio discs and you will be loving it more!

Good luck with it!
Old 12-03-2011, 03:59 PM
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 59 Posts
There is definitely some much needed information in this thread on getting some 5.1 material to play. I remembered having seen this thread many months ago, but had lost where I had seen it. Now I'll have to get one of the Cirlinca products. I'm guessing that if I'm paying $45 to author DVD-A from DVD-V, I might as well pay an extra $30 for HD-Audio Solo Ultra and author 5.1 from stereo as well. I'm thinking I might be joining another forum soon.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by PPower
There is definitely some much needed information in this thread on getting some 5.1 material to play. I remembered having seen this thread many months ago, but had lost where I had seen it. Now I'll have to get one of the Cirlinca products. I'm guessing that if I'm paying $45 to author DVD-A from DVD-V, I might as well pay an extra $30 for HD-Audio Solo Ultra and author 5.1 from stereo as well. I'm thinking I might be joining another forum soon.
Me too. I only have a few DVD-A discs, and a couple don't even play in my car. I burned a DVD-R and that didn't work either. "The Game" disc (Queen) sounds awesome and I love how the sound isn't necessarily front/rear, it just "fills" the whole car. Knowing this isn't one of the "better" mastered discs out there, I can't wait to hear some others. Yes - Fragile is one in particular I'm trying to find a good deal on, but the prices so far have been crazy. I might have to "borrow" one until I can find a good price.

Wish Pet Sounds wasn't rated so poorly for a surround. That was one I was hoping would be stellar.