Glare on nav screen

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 08:14 AM
TSX Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glare on nav screen

Has anyone noticed the glare on the nav screen? I am an 04 owner and of course occasionally get glare on my nav screen. But, on every test drive I have done so far I have had a problem with glare on the 09 nav screen.

It doesn’t appear to be the location of the nav, but the protective glass (perhaps plastic) in front of it. The protective glass also is wreaking havoc on my vision of the screen when using my Maui Jim sunglasses. They are light weight and polarized and I wear them on even moderately sunny days. I would hate to take the dash apart on a new car to remove this glass.

All tech owners and anyone else that may have noticed this please chime in.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:17 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
prballard...I have taken the 09 TSX on numerous test drive and I, myself, didn't have any glare problems. I'll have to go and check it out again now that you have brought this issue up on the forefront. That being said, non NAVI may have the same problem as their TSX will be equipped with the similar setup although the screen will be a bit smaller.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:52 AM
Pro

I noticed the same issue during my test drive: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ght=Test+Drive

I really hate the new NAV placement. I'm hoping window tint will help should I get a TSX.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:57 AM
JDM Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah, I had the same problem. it was a real sunny day when I was test driving.
I could barely even make out the screen most of the time, but I wasn't really looking
at it too much either.

hopefully some dark tinting will help, or maybe some screen protector material
that can reduce glare or something.

they say it's in a better spot because it's higher and easier to see without taking
your eyes off of the road...
I wish they would have done what infiniti does, move it up, have the button, but
also keep it in reach and retain the touch screen if you so desire.

this, along with many other things will have to be addressed when they give this
2nd gen a facelift in a couple years.

not a whole lot you can do about it now, just deal with it.
I found the same problem while test driving an '08 Accord.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:58 AM
TSX Lover

Originally Posted by jwaters943
I noticed the same issue during my test drive: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ght=Test+Drive

I really hate the new NAV placement. I'm hoping window tint will help should I get a TSX.
I don't think it is too much light. I think it the stupid extra glass. Does the RL or RDX have this? I don't remember seeing it before on other Acura navi screens with the center knob control.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:09 AM
TSX Lover

Notice the glass surrounded by a black ring in these two pics. It is on both the navi and the smaller non-navi screen.

http://www.vtec.net/articles/article...tsx_pr-073.jpg

http://www.vtec.net/articles/article...tsx_pr-081.jpg

From the photos it looks like the glass is a good 1/2" out in front of the screens.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:55 PM
4dr & I like it that way

by default, the nav screen was only at half brightness. after cranking that up to full and getting all around tint, I have had 0 visibility problems with the nav screen, even when wearing polarized sun glasses (polarized sun glasses make the vast majority of nav screens difficult to see from what I've noticed)
Old 05-13-2008, 02:04 PM
TSX Lover

Originally Posted by Davediego
by default, the nav screen was only at half brightness. after cranking that up to full and getting all around tint, I have had 0 visibility problems with the nav screen, even when wearing polarized sun glasses (polarized sun glasses make the vast majority of nav screens difficult to see from what I've noticed)
Cool!!! I am getting ready to purchase mine. I will try that the next time I am at the dealer.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:24 PM
TSX Lover

I went by the dealer this afternoon. Boosting brightness doesn't hurt, but it doesn't help the purple and magenta glow when looking at the screen with my Maui Jims. :shakehead
Old 05-13-2008, 09:27 PM
jgs

I've had my TSX for nearly two weeks now and I haven't had an issue with a glare on the navigation screen. However, depending on the position of the sun, I've experienced the thin multi-function display strip below the nav screen washing out on me. This has occured in the early morning hours, when I was on my way to work and the sun was still rising. At that hour, I guess that's probably going to occur on any vehicle with a digital display.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:29 PM
10th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
I also had difficulty seeing the nav screen. I didn't even look at it until after the drive was over and I was parked so I just thought it was a bad angle with the sun or something. Also was wearing polarized glasses so that could be the problem. I have had that problem with other devices such as cash register displays and some telephone displays etc while wearing polarized glasses.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:32 AM
4dr & I like it that way

I would strongly recommend getting all-around tint, in addition to improving the nav visibility, you're going to cut down on heat and UV exposure to you and your interior
Old 05-14-2008, 07:46 AM
TSX Lover

I would strongly recommend getting all-around tint, in addition to improving the nav visibility, you're going to cut down on heat and UV exposure to you and your interior
I am not really interested in that. I don't have with my 04 and it is not what I would want. Thanks for you input, however.

I wonder if there is an anti-glare film that can placed on the outer glass of the screen?
Old 05-14-2008, 02:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
You can try this if the screen is the same size:

http://www.javoedge.com/reflexeshop/...75&pbmId=11701
Old 05-14-2008, 02:18 PM
TSX Lover

Originally Posted by LoveMyTL-S
You can try this if the screen is the same size:

http://www.javoedge.com/reflexeshop/...75&pbmId=11701
Thanks for headsup. The only problem with this product is there is no way to get to the navi screen to attach the protector in the 09. It already has a glass protector that is larger and shapped different than the screen. But perhaps I could fine something larger that I could trim down to place on the glass.

Either way, it looks like I am waiting a month before my TSX comes in.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by prballard
Thanks for headsup. The only problem with this product is there is no way to get to the navi screen to attach the protector in the 09. It already has a glass protector that is larger and shapped different than the screen. But perhaps I could fine something larger that I could trim down to place on the glass.

Either way, it looks like I am waiting a month before my TSX comes in.
You can always check with that vendor and see if they make larger screens. Perhaps you can give them the measurement.

I also found a group buy from them, so they are an AZ vendo:

https://acurazine.com/forums/sponsored-sales-group-buys-10/2004-acura-tsx-tl-javoscreen-navigation-screen-protector-%5B20%25-off-acurazine%5D-367604/
Old 05-14-2008, 02:25 PM
TSX Lover

http://www.photodon.com/lcdprotect-sheet.htm#buynow

This site has various sizes of a similar product. They look like they could be trimmed to fit.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:53 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
The question is ... how to get behind that screen protector to put an anti-glare sheet on it...!
Old 05-14-2008, 09:45 PM
TSX Lover

Originally Posted by davidspalding
The question is ... how to get behind that screen protector to put an anti-glare sheet on it...!
I have read some of your other posts tonight. You are in rare form. Bravo!!
Old 05-14-2008, 10:48 PM
4dr & I like it that way

I think any glare you're seeing is actually coming FROM the protector screen, therefore you'd want to look into an anti-glare application for it rather than the physical LCD of the nav
Old 05-15-2008, 06:48 AM
TSX Lover

I think any glare you're seeing is actually coming FROM the protector screen, therefore you'd want to look into an anti-glare application for it rather than the physical LCD of the nav
Yes I know. I just thought David Spalding's reply was witty.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:46 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by prballard
I have read some of your other posts tonight. You are in rare form. Bravo!!
I find that packing up my household is going much better if I'm drinking Blue Sky lemon-lime soda laced with Nigori cold unfiltered sake. And my posts here are more ... fluid, too. (urp)
Old 05-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Banned

Thumbs down RuneScape Autotyper

Some Runescape Players come to our site and ask us if we have to get runescape Autotyper or runescape hacks. We alwsys told them that there is no runescape gold hacks or runescape account hacks or Runescape Money here.
we're a professional gold selling site, we have no time and interests to scam u, we only sell Runscape Gold.
Ur acc is no use for us. We do this for clients hundres of times every day.
We can guarantee we're a site u can trust and u'll come back again after this first successful business.
In forward to know more abount what is is runescape Autotyper. So I read some articles.
There are some information about RuneScape Autoty per. Shared!
Just passing on the love.
This is the best AutoTyper I swear to god. Undetecdable.
To download do the following.
Click on the link
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BW7X98OP
On the top right corner type the numbers/letters shown into the box to the right of it.
Then click enter. The download will start.
NEW!:AutoWcer:

Do the same as the AutoTyper.

Auto Wcer

I found a auto wcer just for you! I just didnt think anyone was intrested
I tested it, and it works properly, like the auto typer.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2I5NINP4
Post comments after you have tried out this auto typer and/or wcer!
Most macro programs have key loggers though and virus, should always scan your computer after trying one to double check.

How come im banned?!?
I'm trying to spread the love of auto ing. Autoers WILL take over Runescape and you cant stop it.
Do u have to download the toolbar first?
Runescape News More from www.runescape2gold.net... More>>