2004+ Acura TSX / TL JAVOScreen - Navigation Screen Protector [20% off for AcuraZine]

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 03:25 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004+ Acura TSX / TL JAVOScreen - Navigation Screen Protector [20% off for AcuraZine]

The wait is over! JAVOedge is ready to debut their first product on AcuraZine.com.

We are offering 2 versions of JAVOScreen screen protectors for both 2004+ Acura TSX and 2004+ Acura TL navigation screens.

Anti Glare

The JAVOScreen Anti-Glare screen protector is the perfect compromise between visual clarity and anti glare properties. Perfect for driving in sunny weather.

Features a 3 layer construction structure. The top layer is a special matte finishing which allows an incredible amount of light through while still retaining it's anti reflective properties. The middle layer is an armor layer that shields your screen from scratches. The last layer is a silicon compound which adheres to your screen without leaving sticky residue. This layer is fully washable, water will not reduce it's ability to stick to your screen.

More than just a screen protector, the feature packed JAVOScreen Anti-Glare is removable and washable making it a long lasting investment for your Acura TSX and TL!

Ultra Clear

Miraculous glass like crystal clarity! JAVOScreen Ultra Clear will maintain the life and vivid color of your device. Designed specifically to guard your sensitive device from unexpected bumps and scratches. Not only will it protect your TSX/TL navigation screen, it will enhance it visually by giving it a glossy xbrite-like appearance! A special mixture in the plastic used for the JAVOScreen refracts 99% of UV rays from reflected light which in turn protects your eyes.

All JAVOScreen Ultra Clear packages include a free soft nylon cleaning cloth as well as an installation card tool. JAVOScreen is completely removable, washable (with mild hand soap and cool water), and re-applicable. This allows the JAVOScreen to be a long lasting investment for your Acura TSX and TL.

JAVOScreen Ultra Clear is the smart way to protect your device!

Ordering Information

Reg. Price: $25.95
AcuraZine members price: $20.76

Use the following coupon code at www.javoedge.com to get the AcuraZine members discount. This coupon code works with all products on our site, so if you got some other mobile devices and want to purchase our accessories for them its a good idea to order together with the navigation screen protector.

Coupon Code: ACURAZINE611
*case sensitive*

Product Links:
JAVOScreen - Anti-Glare Screen Protector for Acura TSX '04+

JAVOScreen - Ultra-Clear Screen Protector for Acura TSX '04+

Bundles for Acura TSX '04+ (save an additional 15% if you buy 2-packs)

JAVOScreen - Anti-Glare Screen Protector for Acura TL '04+

JAVOScreen - Ultra-Clear Screen Protector for Acura TL '04+

Bundles for Acura TL '04+ (save an additional 15% if you buy 2-packs)

Installation Information

Installing the JAVOScreen is a breeze. We have made a video and posted it on Youtube for you to see the installation process.

JAVOScreen Installation Video on Youtube

Pictures of the installation process:

Thanks!

Ka Wang
Old 06-14-2007, 05:07 PM
Cruisin'

Any mods interested in receiving a TSX or TL JAVOScreen for review and post it up here at AcuraZine?
Old 06-18-2007, 05:38 PM
'07 NBP TL

Will either of these affect the touch screen ability on the 07 models?
Old 06-18-2007, 06:19 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Porkipine
Will either of these affect the touch screen ability on the 07 models?
Hi there, great question!

None of our screen protectors hinder the touch capabilities. You will have full functionality as if there is nothing on the screen at all. I personally have a TSX and a co-worker of mine here at JAVOedge has a TL. We both have these on and people that gets in our cars can't tell if anything was on there at all. They only know when we tell them and even afterwards they look hard to notice.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:42 PM
Safety Car

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
payment sent for ultra clear
Old 06-18-2007, 07:01 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by minkl81
payment sent for ultra clear
Thanks for your business! Please feel free to report back on what you think of your purchase. If you have any problems or comments, I will be here to help.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:52 PM
'07 NBP TL

Just put in an order for 1.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Porkipine
Just put in an order for 1.
Thank you very much! If you wish, please post your thoughts/feedback on your purchase here.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:38 AM
B A N N E D

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
any plans of making one for the 99-03 TL nav?
Old 06-20-2007, 01:37 AM
Intermediate

just ordered one for the tl and tsx. i'll post my thoughts when i receive them. thanks
Old 06-20-2007, 12:58 PM
'07 NBP TL

What I was really interested was the washable removable feature. If I get a chance to experience it, I'll definitly comment on it.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:42 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by S1CK TypeS
any plans of making one for the 99-03 TL nav?
Our TL or TSX one "might" fit that model. If you have some time, can you take some measurements for me so I can check for you?

Length, Width, Diagonal. In MM (millimeters) please.

If they don't share in size, we can see what the interest level is on that model and we can manufacture some.

Thanks!
Old 06-20-2007, 01:49 PM
Cruisin'

I just got a PM from a member stating the coupon code is not working. Has anyone ran into problems using the ACURAZINE611 code?

The code is case sensitive so please make sure it is all capitalized. Also make sure there are no spaces in front of or behind the code before you click the "Find Coupon" button.

Thanks everyone and I'm sorry if using the code is a hassle or confusing.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:36 AM
'07 NBP TL

I received the product a while back but didn't get a chance to put it on until this morning. I thought I'd go ahead and write a small review.
First off, the shipping was quick. That was nice. The screen protector was packaged well. It was nice it came with a cleaning cloth unlike some brands. The installation card was small yet easy to use. Also what I noticed was nice about this product was that there are films that you can peel off on both side of the screen protector. I believe the goal is to avoid creating scratches on the surface when you are isntalling the screen protector. Installation took me about 20 minutes to do. Applying it bit by bit, I was able to install it without any bubbles. Just need patience and some light will help too. I was really happy with the product at this point.
Since I thought the "washable, re-positionable & reusable" was a great feature, I decided to give it a try. It could be just me but this part didn't not work out at all. First off, I couldn't find instructions on how to clean it in the package. Removeable was easy. There are two sheets with wax like surface. I put the screen protector on it peel it off off the navi screen. Washing wasn't bad. I used DI water to wipe the screen off. When I was about to put the screen protector back on, I decided to cover it with one of the films it came with. Hopefully it will minimize the amount of scratches when I install it. Problem was there are bubbles between the film and protector when I put them together so I ended up not using it. While applying the screen protector back on the navi screen, there are dust on the adhesive side of the protector. I have no idea how to remove it. I tried rinsing it with water and doesn't help. I could never make the screen bubble free because of the dust like particles on the adhesive side. I have it on atm but considering buying a new one.
I'd recommanded this product to everyone. The only thing is that if you want to take it off to clean, I wouldn't recommand it. Hope this helps.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:46 AM
'07 NBP TL

Also another this I did was I cut a small piece from the film to put on the top corner of the adhesive side at first. Although it is semi visible, I was able to use that to take off the film without worrying about scratching my navi screen.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:37 PM
Cruisin'

When you wash the JAVOScreen and in the drying process. Do not just let it sit there to dry. Flap it like a polaroid picture a few times and reapply immediately afterwards. A few specks of water still on in will not damage your screen. They will actually create a vacuum to elevate air bubbles. When the few specks of water dry after you reapplied, the air bubbles will disappear.

Let me know if this helps.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:20 AM
Racer

Which one will you prefer for me. I drive out of town a lot and I dont like it when theres a glare on my screen. Cant see where the navi is taking me. Will the anti glare help that? Whats the different between the 2 product? Anti Glare vs Ultra Clear?
Old 07-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by TSX559
Which one will you prefer for me. I drive out of town a lot and I dont like it when theres a glare on my screen. Cant see where the navi is taking me. Will the anti glare help that? Whats the different between the 2 product? Anti Glare vs Ultra Clear?
If your navi screen itself isn't already providing enough anti glare properties to fulfill your needs, then I highly suggest picking our Anti Glare version. What it does is adds a bit more of the "matte" finish onto the screen and that will disperse glare from light.

The ultra clear is for people in less sunny areas. It will give your navi screen that "glossy lcd" look that most new laptop screens comes with now. This of course will not help with the glare you are experiencing already.

Let me know if you have more questions.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:53 PM
Racer

Thanks. Ill be getting these sometime soon.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Cruisin'

Another thing to note about washing the JAVOScreen. To prevent the edges from "bending" outwards and causing those areas to not adhere back onto the screen, please use cold water. Also, be careful not the bend the JAVOScreen during the washing process. Keep it flat and just run water through it's surface.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:03 PM
Advanced

If I had a few light scratches on my navi screen already, would either of these screens lesson the appearance of the scratches? If so, which one would?
Old 07-24-2007, 06:35 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Deadgame28
If I had a few light scratches on my navi screen already, would either of these screens lesson the appearance of the scratches? If so, which one would?
The anti glare version will definitely lessen the appearance of scratches on the navi screen. The matte finish it has will disperse the light around the scratch, blending it in appearance.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:53 PM
B A N N E D

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JAVOedge
Our TL or TSX one "might" fit that model. If you have some time, can you take some measurements for me so I can check for you?

Length, Width, Diagonal. In MM (millimeters) please.

If they don't share in size, we can see what the interest level is on that model and we can manufacture some.

Thanks!
has there been an interest for the 99-03 TL screens yet? Im really interested in buying one. do you think you can specially make one for me? i will be more than happy to give u the measurements
Old 07-26-2007, 09:30 AM
Racer

Smile

I just ordered the Anti-Glare protector, I will let you know my experience with it

JAVOedge What are the chances of being delivered to me by this weekend?
Old 07-26-2007, 07:38 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by leopwr
I just ordered the Anti-Glare protector, I will let you know my experience with it

JAVOedge What are the chances of being delivered to me by this weekend?
Hey, thanks for the business!

It really depends on where its being shipped to and which method you used. If shipped via economy and to WA, CA, OR, ID then it "might" make it there, if you shipped via priority (next one up) then it should get there by sat. But if to any other states, it should get there early to mid next week for sure.

We advertise the following:

economy = 3-7 business days
priority = 2-4 business days.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:40 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by S1CK TypeS
has there been an interest for the 99-03 TL screens yet? Im really interested in buying one. do you think you can specially make one for me? i will be more than happy to give u the measurements
If you can start a thread on here and stir up enough interest for this model then yeah, we can definitely make one.

If you do start a thread just link to it from here and I'll see it.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by JAVOedge
Hey, thanks for the business!

It really depends on where its being shipped to and which method you used. If shipped via economy and to WA, CA, OR, ID then it "might" make it there, if you shipped via priority (next one up) then it should get there by sat. But if to any other states, it should get there early to mid next week for sure.

We advertise the following:

economy = 3-7 business days
priority = 2-4 business days.

Thanks
Old 08-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Racer

Does the anti glare version make it not as visible during the nightime? I sometimes have glare issues during the day in the summer but not too often. I live in NY. Which one do you recommend? Thanks.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:46 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by BonzoAPD
Does the anti glare version make it not as visible during the nightime? I sometimes have glare issues during the day in the summer but not too often. I live in NY. Which one do you recommend? Thanks.
It will give it a "matte" finish. It won't be as clear as before but still very visible. If you live in NY, I highly suggest the Ultra Clear version instead. If you lived in Las Vegas or something in the Bay area (CA), then anti glare is the way to go.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:22 AM
Instructor

I noticed that there is a tax for Washington State orders - are you located in Washington? Could I pick-up an order?
Thanks.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by donc
I noticed that there is a tax for Washington State orders - are you located in Washington? Could I pick-up an order?
Thanks.
Yeah I'm sorry about the tax as we are located in WA. Unfortunately we cannot do local pickup as we are just a warehouse here. I'm really sorry about that.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:07 PM
Burning Brakes

I live in Houston so which of the screen protector would you suggest? Will this film eliminate finger prints?
Old 08-27-2007, 07:02 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by tuan209
I live in Houston so which of the screen protector would you suggest? Will this film eliminate finger prints?
If you live in Houston, then I suggest the anti-glare version. The anti-glare version tends to not reveal fingerprint marks as much too.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:21 PM
2007 NBP TL

payment made. Look for to getting this
Old 09-03-2007, 11:05 PM
Instructor

I got my "bundle" thanks. Went to install it this morning and ended up with alot of lint/dust on the adhesive side. Can I wash or rinse it clean? Your product is amazingly well packaged and looks great. Good Work!