Fresh air take-in?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 05:37 PM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Fresh air take-in?

Sorry for my silliness after driving 2 months and still have this basic question.
It is: how do we just take the fresh air in? Not A/C, not heat, just blowing fans?
To make it clear, here's what I mean.
1. Hit OFF button. Everything is OFF, no a/c, no heat, no fan blowing
2. Hit Auto. Based on the temp was set, it tries to match.
3. A/C ON. Not Auto, A/C is ON, matching with temp set.
4. A/C OFF. It's OFF
5. Fan UP/DOWN. Stronger/Weaker blows

So, I don't want to turn A/C on, I don't want to set the temp. I just wanted take the fresh air in.
i.e. Temp. set to 72 but the outside temp is 60 degrees.

Thanks in advanced, gents.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:42 PM
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 87 Posts
Well the simple answer is that you push AUTO first. Then you push AC to turn it off (ac off will display). Then you hit the fan button, you set it the way you like. Then you make sure that you set the temperature lower than the outside tem, so that the system does not try to put heat on. Or you just put it on "LO".
Old 08-29-2010, 09:48 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by TSXV6Guy
Well the simple answer is that you push AUTO first. Then you push AC to turn it off (ac off will display). Then you hit the fan button, you set it the way you like. Then you make sure that you set the temperature lower than the outside tem, so that the system does not try to put heat on. Or you just put it on "LO".
That's what I currently do but (in bold) keep setting temp. isn't what I want to do.
I will try to set it to LO next time and see what happen.

Thanks, m8

Also big thank to briq456 in the other post.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:05 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pinoy ka noh pare!
Old 09-11-2010, 10:46 AM
Racer

After trying, what TSXV6Guy and briq456 had suggested, for 3 days, I found it's a pain to get it done.
Well, I shouldn't say "a pain" but it's more like "annoyance", very annoyance.
I normally set Temp. as 72 in Auto Mode, when outside temp. was 65, in order to get just fresh air, I have to MANUALLY lower the set temp to below 65, say, 62; and now if the temp continues to drop below 60, I then have to MANUALLY lower the temp again.
I could have just simply set the temp way low, or even LO, but the problem was, say at 3pm when temp was actually rose to 75, if I hit Auto, it wasn't stay at 72 but at what I set last, so again, I have to MANUALLY rise the temp back to 72.
That's just very annoyance.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:44 AM
Advanced

Have u tried just pressing the arrows up and down to turn the A/C on? I almost never use the "Auto" feature and I just turn everything on myself else using manual settings. Press arrow up to increase airflow and down to decrease regardless of outside temperature. I believe if press A/C off, the air will taken directly from the outside.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:04 PM
Racer

Yes, I currently have to press up or down a lot.
What I want is a single click and it vents.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by pinatubo
Yes, I currently have to press up or down a lot.
What I want is a single click and it vents.
I'm afraid it won't work... For this, you will need to have a fully manual climate control system. Our cars have an automatic system, and this has its limitations...
Old 09-14-2010, 08:22 PM
Advanced

I meant the arrows to control the power of how much it vents and not the temperature controls (the button in the middle of the whole console and not the light switchy things on the sides of the A/C control). Instead of pressing up and down a lot, all I have to do is adjust the power of the A/C to how I want and then just press the "A/C off" button to turn the A/C off.

I feel like I'm missing something though. You just want the fan to blow with no temperature control, right? Why does everyone say we can't do this? O_o
Old 09-15-2010, 06:40 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Of course you can do it, it just requires multiple steps. There is an example above.

Press AUTO
Press A/C off
Adjust fan speed
Adjust mode

It can be done and depending on the steps you want to follow there are probably 100 ways to do it. You just have to remember to shut the A/C off. Also, like stated above, you need to ensure the temperature setting in the cabin is below the ambient temp or heat will be "automatically" added.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:49 AM
TSXmeister

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ferio8
pinoy ka noh pare!
noypi nga siguro yan....lols, galing ng Pinatubo eh!
Old 09-15-2010, 08:37 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by No1nfoProvided
I meant the arrows to control the power of how much it vents and not the temperature controls (the button in the middle of the whole console and not the light switchy things on the sides of the A/C control). Instead of pressing up and down a lot, all I have to do is adjust the power of the A/C to how I want and then just press the "A/C off" button to turn the A/C off.

I feel like I'm missing something though. You just want the fan to blow with no temperature control, right? Why does everyone say we can't do this? O_o
I think you've missed my point, m8
"You just want the fan to blow", ans = yes
"no temperature control", ans = yes

Allow me to rephrase in DJMcGee post.
Pls hang with me.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:47 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by DJMcGee
Of course you can do it, it just requires multiple steps. There is an example above.

Press AUTO
Press A/C off
Adjust fan speed
Adjust mode

It can be done and depending on the steps you want to follow there are probably 100 ways to do it. You just have to remember to shut the A/C off. Also, like stated above, you need to ensure the temperature setting in the cabin is below the ambient temp or heat will be "automatically" added.
Press AUTO => yes and as I said b4, the set temp. is 72.
Press A/C off => of course yes, otherwise the climate control kicks in.
Adjust fan speed => yes, mid blow
Adjust mode => yes, both floor and face

Here's the problem, actually here's the annoyance that I want to avoid:
"you need to ensure the temperature setting in the cabin is below the ambient temp"
Back to my case that I previous stated. The current temp set is 72, the outside temp at 9pm is 65, so in this case, I HAVE TO MANUALLY lower the temp to below 65, say 62, from 72 to 62, how many click? 10. Now at 12am, the outside temp drops to 55, I then have to MANUALLY lower the temp again to below 55, say 52, again, how many click? 10. Not done yet, say 12pm the day after when outside temp rises to 75, current temp set is 52 with mid-blow, I don't want to get outside air in, so I decide to turn on AC, push A/C on, I'm sure I can't stand 52F with mid-blow, so I have to manually rise the temp back to 72.
You guys got what I try to say?
Old 09-15-2010, 08:47 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by TSXmeister
noypi nga siguro yan....lols, galing ng Pinatubo eh!
English please.
Filipino?

Last edited by pinatubo; 09-15-2010 at 08:50 AM.