Couple questions on locating parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 08:51 AM
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Couple questions on locating parts

hey guys. So I am newish to this site. However I have been a WRX guy for the last 7 years or so and I know exactly where to find a source everything I need. I am looking for some guidance on a few parts.

Also I don't know if it happens a lot on here or not, but are there total car part outs on this forum? I did a quick search, but didn't find a ton.

My 2011 is white. I don't if there is multiple whites, but I believe there is only one.

I am looking for a replacement trunk, mine got dented and insurance is trying to claim it as a collison and the repair costs do not meet the deductable.

Also a rear bumper.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:44 AM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Received 1,112 Likes on 876 Posts
Welcome!

Part out threads do pop up in the Black Market, but I don't recall ever seeing any for the 2G TSX. If there are any sort of part out threads for the 2G TSX (CU2), it's a part out of aftermarket parts that the seller is trying to make some money back on before selling his/her car in its stock form.

The 2011 white is NH624P, Premium White Pearl, or PWP as they call it. 2012+ is NH788P, Bellanova White Pearl (BWP). So luckily for you, there should be more parts around (09-11 white should be the same), but do note that starting from the 2011 model, the TSX received a facelift (new front bumper + grille, tail lights have a pink cover instead of white (which I don't understand), the trunk now has a chrome bar, ... to name a few). So for the trunk, if you care about the chrome bar, you'll need to get a 2011 white trunk (09-10 won't have it, and 12+ will be a different white), or move the chrome bar over in your existing trunk if it's not damaged. For the rear bumper cover, you can get an 09-11 white rear bumper cover.

Your best bet may be a scrapyard, eBay, or your local eBay classifieds. Also, there's no harm in creating a WTB thread in the Black Market for the stuff you're looking for either.

off topic, how do you like the TSX compared to the WRX? I've always been a fan of the STIs...

Last edited by xtcnrice; 12-02-2014 at 09:49 AM.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:45 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,277 Likes on 952 Posts
Originally Posted by jmb1983
hey guys. So I am newish to this site. However I have been a WRX guy for the last 7 years or so and I know exactly where to find a source everything I need. I am looking for some guidance on a few parts.

Also I don't know if it happens a lot on here or not, but are there total car part outs on this forum? I did a quick search, but didn't find a ton.

My 2011 is white. I don't if there is multiple whites, but I believe there is only one.

I am looking for a replacement trunk, mine got dented and insurance is trying to claim it as a collison and the repair costs do not meet the deductable.

Also a rear bumper.
The 2011's are Premium White Pearl. Later years are Bellanova - a different white.

How did the trunk and bumper get damaged?
Old 12-02-2014, 10:08 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by xtcnrice
Welcome!

Part out threads do pop up in the Black Market, but I don't recall ever seeing any for the 2G TSX. If there are any sort of part out threads for the 2G TSX (CU2), it's a part out of aftermarket parts that the seller is trying to make some money back on before selling his/her car in its stock form.

The 2011 white is NH624P, Premium White Pearl, or PWP as they call it. 2012+ is NH788P, Bellanova White Pearl (BWP). So luckily for you, there should be more parts around (09-11 white should be the same), but do note that starting from the 2011 model, the TSX received a facelift (new front bumper + grille, tail lights have a pink cover instead of white (which I don't understand), the trunk now has a chrome bar, ... to name a few). So for the trunk, if you care about the chrome bar, you'll need to get a 2011 white trunk (09-10 won't have it, and 12+ will be a different white), or move the chrome bar over in your existing trunk if it's not damaged. For the rear bumper cover, you can get an 09-11 white rear bumper cover.

Your best bet may be a scrapyard, eBay, or your local eBay classifieds. Also, there's no harm in creating a WTB thread in the Black Market for the stuff you're looking for either.

off topic, how do you like the TSX compared to the WRX? I've always been a fan of the STIs...
Well I bought the TSX as a commuter. I live in southern NH and commute down to Boston, so for the commute factor it is much better. It is more comfortable and quiet.

As for fun, I got the plain jane 4 cylinder automatic. It doesn't compare. I also test drove a manual v6 and neither did that. Both of my WRXs handled better and obiviously out perform in straight line.

I am sure there are plently of guys on here that have modified and tuned their Acura's, but from what I noticed for performance, Subaru over Acura.

I really do love my TSX, but I bought it with the intention of commuting. I wanted to be comfy and relaxed while sitting in traffic. I will get another project car eventually.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:11 AM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by ceb
The 2011's are Premium White Pearl. Later years are Bellanova - a different white.

How did the trunk and bumper get damaged?
No clue. I walked up to my car one day and noticed a dent right below where the roof of the trunk meets the wall of the trunk. I looks like something heavy fell on it. I ruled out a car, since my bumper was untouched at that time.

And this past weekend, I backed in a snow bank leaving my garage and spider webbed the paint on the rear bumper. I can live with it because it is barely noticable, but I would like to fix it in the spring.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:28 AM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Well I bought the TSX as a commuter. I live in southern NH and commute down to Boston, so for the commute factor it is much better. It is more comfortable and quiet.

As for fun, I got the plain jane 4 cylinder automatic. It doesn't compare. I also test drove a manual v6 and neither did that. Both of my WRXs handled better and obiviously out perform in straight line.

I am sure there are plently of guys on here that have modified and tuned their Acura's, but from what I noticed for performance, Subaru over Acura.

I really do love my TSX, but I bought it with the intention of commuting. I wanted to be comfy and relaxed while sitting in traffic. I will get another project car eventually.
I don't think any of the V6 CU2s come with a 6MT. Perhaps you were mistaken?

But yeah, Acura performance sucks lol. Any pics of your rides? I wouldn't mind if you posted a pic of your subie
Old 12-02-2014, 10:42 AM
8th Gear

I don't think any of the V6 CU2s come with a 6MT. Perhaps you were mistaken?

But yeah, Acura performance sucks lol. Any pics of your rides? I wouldn't mind if you posted a pic of your subie
I may have been. I test drove a bunch of different cars when I was hunting.

My 2011 looked stock. I did some work under the hood. Last dyno/tune was 330awhp/ 340ish awtq. My 2007 I can't remember what I did to it off the top of my head, but I'll throw a pic up of it, also it wasn't cleaned when I snapped this photo.

Mods:

Engine
-KS Tech 65mm Cold Air Intake
-Invidia Catless Down Pipe
-Invidia Q300 Catback
-FMS TMIC
-Forge BPV
-Tuned w/Bren 330whp/350TQ
-Prova Eifel Oil Cap
-DW 65c fuel pump
-One Step Colder plugs

Suspension
-Perrin 25mm Front Sway Bar
-Perrin 22mm Rear Sway Bar
-Kartboy Front Endlinks
-Perrin Rear Endlinks

Exterior:
-Perrin 2 inch chubby antenna
-1 wingless trunk
-1 wingless trunk with no badges

Interior:
-Squash air freshner from Nippon, I am JDM sucka!
-Cobb Knob
-DIY Seat Mod

Drivetrain:
-Short Shifter made by shtbxr22
-Whiteline Rack Bushings
-Torque Solutions Pitch Stop

The following users liked this post:
Jakes_tl (12-03-2014)
Old 12-02-2014, 10:56 AM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

beautiful cars
Old 12-02-2014, 11:31 AM
8th Gear

I miss my 2011, but it was getting the crap kicked out of it.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:54 PM
TSX AMG Type //M i-VVT

Received 856 Likes on 643 Posts
why did you decide to get rid of the sti? unreliable? not comfortable? I feel like going from an STI to a TSX would be a massive downgrade.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:58 PM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Originally Posted by iCrap
why did you decide to get rid of the sti? unreliable? not comfortable? I feel like going from an STI to a TSX would be a massive downgrade.
He mentioned for comfort cuz of his daily commute. I think he owned WRXs, not STIs. Either way, fast cars. The new FA motor in the new WRX is interesting. It has a lot more low end torque than the STI.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:32 AM
8th Gear

He mentioned for comfort cuz of his daily commute. I think he owned WRXs, not STIs. Either way, fast cars. The new FA motor in the new WRX is interesting. It has a lot more low end torque than the STI.
Bingo! I was being cheap when I bought my cars and couldn't justify the STi $$$. I didn't need a 6 speed, so I bought WRXs and for $2k in parts and a tune and you have a 300+ wheel horsepower. If I get another one, I will do a STi. Mainly because it won't be my daily driver and I can go over board. But I think my next toy will be one of the following. Pretty convinced I will have a few Acuras as daily drivers though. Cheaper luxury cars and I love the Honda reliabilty and maintence.

Newer Cars
m235i(used)
STi
Evo X
s2000

Older cars or more of a project car
Corrado
1970s Datsun 240z
e30 M3 if I can find a clean one at a good price.
1933 Ford Coupe
Old 12-03-2014, 07:49 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 360 Likes on 319 Posts
Welcome aboard and don't forget to post pix of the TSX.

It has to be very hard going A WRX to a TSX. I drove quite a few WRX's and Sti's and they are very fun cars to drive. I do have to say there is no way i could owe a WRX or an STi without having a good performance exhaust which would drive you nuts on a long commute after awhile.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:55 AM
8th Gear

Post pics of my TSX? I honestly don't think I have any haha and it is winter time now in New England, so keeping it clean for pics is a pain in the dick.
Old 12-03-2014, 08:45 AM
VTEC just kicked in, yo!

Bingo! I was being cheap when I bought my cars and couldn't justify the STi $$$. I didn't need a 6 speed, so I bought WRXs and for $2k in parts and a tune and you have a 300+ wheel horsepower. If I get another one, I will do a STi. Mainly because it won't be my daily driver and I can go over board. But I think my next toy will be one of the following. Pretty convinced I will have a few Acuras as daily drivers though. Cheaper luxury cars and I love the Honda reliabilty and maintence.

Newer Cars
m235i(used)
STi
Evo X
s2000

Older cars or more of a project car
Corrado
1970s Datsun 240z
e30 M3 if I can find a clean one at a good price.
1933 Ford Coupe
THE project car of the future for me, after I can comfortably afford a house. Also a fan of the STI and the E30 on your list.