Correct fuse for door lights?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 01:11 PM
Op is too busy to care

Received 913 Likes on 540 Posts
Correct fuse for door lights?

Im trying to find the correct fuse for the door lights on the driver and passenger side doors which turn on when the doors are opened. Ive tried the following fuses and had no luck:

under hood fuse 16: turns off interior vanity and dome courtesy light

passenger fuse 6: turns off ????

driver fuse 18: turns off ????

i tested these three 7.5 amp fuses but gave up there and figured id just ask if someone knew offhand. pulling these things out in cramped quarters is a b****

If anyone feels like helping out but doesnt wanna run to their car to wallow through the manual then i made this small image using the pics in the manual to list the fuses. I also highlighted the fuses i already tried removing

Thanks!!

Correct fuse for door lights?-m2auy.png

or
https://i.imgur.com/m2AUy.png
Old 01-13-2011, 03:03 PM
Op is too busy to care

minor self update: its not drivers side fuse 17 or 12 either
The following users liked this post:
Loopeed (11-17-2012)
Old 01-21-2011, 08:09 PM
"its black"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey mate let us know if you find out im in the same boat, my drivers side door light isnt working and ive changed the bulbs and tried to suss out the fuses with no lock. Its more annoying than anything, and any help would be awsome!
Old 01-21-2011, 09:36 PM
Op is too busy to care

hey nester i think i ended up trying a bunch more fuses and it might actually be on the large fuse block in the under hood fuse box. check fuses 3-1 through 3-8 and see if any are broken...theres a guide to pulling out that big mega fuse in the guidebook. if that is the correct fuse then id be really curious to know too. I was originally thinking about tapping the fuse if i found out for a DIY illuminated sill i was thinking about making but i ended up concluding it was in 3-1 through 3-8 and that mega fuse is impossible to fuse tap.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts
The fuse is #15 (Backup) underhood.

Be careful taking that off, as it remove power to the GPS(Navi) and radio too. (Need to re-enter Navi and radio code plus clock reset afterwards).
Old 01-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Op is too busy to care

that explains why i had to re enter my navi code while playing with the door circuit...
Old 09-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
bump. My passenger side door light went out on me while changing it to LED. The drivers side is working only the passenger side is off. Any idea what fuse i would need to replace? I tried the ones above with no luck either.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts
^^^^ Its not the fuse.
you need to take it to the dealer. its most likely your multiplex controller.
the ground to it shorted or something.

i did the exact same thing and just took it to the dealer.
fixed under warranty.

the courtesy lights arnt fused one by one. if it was a fuse, more than one light would be out.
just save yourself the hassle and take it to the dealer.

Last edited by BobbyC; 09-29-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:03 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
ahh gotcha, yea thought it was wierd that just that one was affected. Thanks
Old 11-16-2012, 11:00 PM
7th Gear

Im having the same problem but its the trunk cargo light, rear driver passenger door, and rear passenger passenger door any chance it could be the fuse? the 2 doors didnt go out until i attempted to change the trunk cargo light that i believe shorted on me in mid process thanks
Old 11-16-2012, 11:31 PM
Burning Brakes

See above answer.
Take the bulbs out.
Take car to dealer.
In about 3 days,they'll tell you they figured out it was the multiplex controller that shorted.
Loopeed (11-16-2012)
Old 11-16-2012, 11:44 PM
7th Gear

Also all three dome light no longer work and the vanity light dont ether. Unfortunately this is my only currant car and i cant afford to drop it off at a dealer ship for 3 days. Sorry this may sound super stupid but i cant find the fusebox i want to try and change the accessory fuse because i have a feeling that is that but i as ive said i cant find it mind giving me a hand?
Old 11-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Burning Brakes

There's a fuse box under the hood, driver footwell and pass footwell.
If it was a fuse, none of your lights inside would be working.
Save yourself the headache and time and just take it to the dealer. They'll give you a loaner.
Loopeed (11-16-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 12:00 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by BobbyC
There's a fuse box under the hood, driver footwell and pass footwell.
If it was a fuse, none of your lights inside would be working.
Save yourself the headache and time and just take it to the dealer. They'll give you a loaner.
So it is fully covered by my factory warranty? I literally bought the car yesterday and im kinda in a pickle about dropping it off if i do drop it off

A. my wife will most likely never allow me to mod any car we own ever again
B. my pride as a man will be crushed
C. and last ill feel really really stupid bringing it back 2 days later with a "problem" that they will probably know was caused buy me

Do you mind sending me a pic of the 3 fuse box locations
btw im in a 2010 tsx if that matters thank thank thank x1million times!!
Old 11-17-2012, 12:17 AM
Burning Brakes

As long as you don't roll up there with electronic mods still on the car or tell them what you were doing, it will be covered.
I told them my light just went out one day and when I went to change the bulb, it wasn't blown.

They looked at it for about 2 hours thinking they could just pop a new bulb in and told me t bring it back and they'll give me a loaner til they can figure it out.

I don't have pics on hand but the fuse boxes are pretty hard to miss.
The ones you want I believe are under the hood and driver footwell to the left.

Believe me when I tell you that I looked thru all the threads and looked at all the fuses before giving up and taking it to the dealer.
When you swap to LEDs, those connections cannot touch.
The trunk is tricky so that's prov where something touched metal if you were using one of those connectors.

Save yourself the time and headache and just take it to the dealer.
It took 2 weeks of fuse pulling for me to give up so I know how you feel.
It happens to the best of us.
Loopeed (11-17-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 12:34 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by BobbyC
As long as you don't roll up there with electronic mods still on the car or tell them what you were doing, it will be covered.
I told them my light just went out one day and when I went to change the bulb, it wasn't blown.

They looked at it for about 2 hours thinking they could just pop a new bulb in and told me t bring it back and they'll give me a loaner til they can figure it out.

I don't have pics on hand but the fuse boxes are pretty hard to miss.
The ones you want I believe are under the hood and driver footwell to the left.

Believe me when I tell you that I looked thru all the threads and looked at all the fuses before giving up and taking it to the dealer.
When you swap to LEDs, those connections cannot touch.
The trunk is tricky so that's prov where something touched metal if you were using one of those connectors.

Save yourself the time and headache and just take it to the dealer.
It took 2 weeks of fuse pulling for me to give up so I know how you feel.
It happens to the best of us.

"The trunk is tricky so that's prov where something touched metal if you were using one of those connectors."

i did use needle nose pliers to pull the bulb out and realized that i didnt disconnect it for the wiring before the original bulb shorted on me so im guessing your right and it is not the fusebox then? so i guess i have to swallow my pride and tell my wife huh lol. so before i take her to the dealership i should swap the original bulbs back in and tell them what now " idk i got in the car and realized non of the light where working" and this is fully covered by the factory warranty yes? or am i going to have a 500$ surprise waiting for me when they fix her up?
Old 11-17-2012, 12:57 AM
Burning Brakes

Yea. Replace all the lights with oem bulbs and tell them you just noticed that none of those lights worked.

To be safe, I'd take off any other mods I have too.
I'm not too sure how your dealer is.
Mine was completely cool and made it easy as hell for me.
I even realized afterwards that I forgot to swap out the rear dome light when I took mine in and they didn't charge me a dime.
They do have a loaner gas fee or something though so it won't be completely free.
Loopeed (11-17-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 05:01 AM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
check what 3-4 and 3-6 do. says drivers and pass main light, but the interior boxes show the individual fuses for all the front lighting. is that a complete fuse controlling that entire side for the front