Complete detailing job gone bad?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 04:55 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Complete detailing job gone bad?

I know I should have done a detail job myself using the recommended products that are frequently mentioned in these threads but being a consultant and always on the go, I decided to take advantage of a complete detail job offered by a local Acura dealership for $199 which includes everything from windows, tire dressing, leather cleansing, etc.

When I went to the dealership to pick up the car, it looked like it was when I first bought it last year. But to my surprise, the seats were even blacker, shiny and very slippery. My car is a carbon black pearl color with black interior. Man, do I miss the soft buttermilk leather that was humble in color. Now it looks like shiny and slippery leather seats found in an older car a few years back... :-/

I understand the dealership used Resist All when treating my car and they even gave me a kit (after I HAD to ask for it bc it was mentioned in the coupon):

Exterior Car Wash Concentrate
Exterior Paint Renewer
Interior Leather Renewer
Interior Surface Cleaner
Window Cleaner
Tire Dressing

So, am I screwed with the leather seats now? I should have used Lexol or something like that? Dang!!! What say you?
Old 08-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Repost this thread in the Wash & Wax Subforum (link). We have a number of knowledgeable detailers that frequent that subforum and I'm sure you'll get some good advice on what to do.