Car Rear-ended - Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 01:15 AM
David_Dude

Received 581 Likes on 515 Posts
Hope you get your car back to your liking, Lara.

Originally Posted by CaGui1223
I was also rear-ended Late November of last year. Long story short my panels are mismatching. As others have suggested, view your vehicle under various light conditions:
Sunlight / Natural light
Fluorescent lighting, ETC.

Take my car for example.. Panels weren't so obvious in the morning but at night, what an eyesore!
In an effort to "blend" in the new paint they've already painted over all my fenders, so half the car is red-orange, the other half is the original Milano red. Gotta wait until March to get the FULL car resprayed by another shop.
Hope you get it fix. That looks horrible.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:47 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,277 Likes on 952 Posts
Originally Posted by Lara_Lockhart
I went to check out my car in hopes of picking it up on Tuesday, but no dice.

I found a bunch of fish-eyes on the blended left quarter panel, which they did not have to repaint.

No overspray since all paint jobs are done in this painting room Not really. Overspray can even affect cars that are parked outside.

They were going to fix it today, but it turns out that one of the guys burned the paint while polishing so they are repainting the left quarter panel and I should be able to check it out hopefully tomorrow.

Annoyed that I saw swirl marks on my paint protection film (which is still new), so they will use a liquid wax on it so hopefully that helps some. Liquid wax will just hide the swirls. No real way to get rid of swirls on PPF short of using new film.

I had them take off the trunk trim to examine the paint job underneath to check if they cut corners, and it looks really good. I felt like everyone was holding their breath as it was being taken down and I was examining it.

Bumper and deck lid looks great. No fish eyes. Peel was on point. Just a little uneveness between the gaps of the bumper and taillight by 1/2 of an index card. Not a big deal, but they offered to adjust it. The surface behind the license plate looks a bit suspect

It was too bright to be able to tell any mis-matched panels. All the pictures I took had a reflection. I'm hoping to drop by after work tomorrow and look at it in florescent light.

I was so stressed about the fish eyes I forgot to double check if the exhausts are the same distance to the floor and check my tint for any scratches. Car interior looks excellent compared to what it looked like when they were working on it.

Saturday is when I'm picking up my car. Hopefully for real this time. They're paying for the extra days of my rental they had to exceed to fix the fish eyes. They'll have my car on a lift when I go in to check out the waffle/clamp marks.
See my comments above. What's the deal with the last photo?
Old 02-17-2014, 10:18 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ceb
See my comments above. What's the deal with the last photo?
Last photo is the markers on where they had to re-do the fisheyes, but it didn't matter since they had to repaint anyway. I went to look at the car on Friday and they had the car lifted, for me to check out the clamp marks. The owner told me their job is to restore the car back to original, so they had repainted to get rid of the scratches.

I'll take another look on the trunk, but it could be my shadow

Hopefully today is when I can pick up my car...
Old 02-17-2014, 10:39 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Lara_Lockhart
Last photo is the markers on where they had to re-do the fisheyes, but it didn't matter since they had to repaint anyway. I went to look at the car on Friday and they had the car lifted, for me to check out the clamp marks. The owner told me their job is to restore the car back to original, so they had repainted to get rid of the scratches.

I'll take another look on the trunk, but it could be my shadow

Hopefully today is when I can pick up my car...
Good luck and please keep us posted.
Old 02-17-2014, 11:58 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the bitch was probably texting! Hope you get it fixed quickly! If their insurance is gonna pay for it! I would just go to Acura!
Old 02-17-2014, 08:50 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Mr. Niceguy89
the bitch was probably texting! Hope you get it fixed quickly! If their insurance is gonna pay for it! I would just go to Acura!
You may want to read the thread before you start making idiotic statements.
The following users liked this post:
terdonal (02-18-2014)
Old 02-18-2014, 09:38 PM
Intermediate

Finally got my car today! After 30+ days in a rental, I forgot how my car drove and how nice it was to be in it again.

However, the molding by the windshield is not flush (as seen in picture). I don't have any close up pictures of my car to verify prior to the accident, but if I put pressure on it, it moves. Which I don't think it should move. There's about a 2 inch portion up top that moves when I put pressure. It looks like the weather strip is kind of coming off because of not being flush. I swear I would have noticed while clay baring the roof or while washing it.

Anyway, the shop tried taking it off to show me, and lo and behold, the tech that worked on it ended up gluing the molding down. Which should not be the case.

The shop offered to replace both moldings. The rest of the molding is flush everywhere else except towards the top, right where the clips is supposed to end.

Can anyone help me verify if the molding is supposed to be flush?

I'd hate to have the shop order parts and it's not supposed to be flush...
Attached Thumbnails Car Rear-ended - Advice?-img_0523.jpg  
Old 02-19-2014, 08:40 AM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

Received 527 Likes on 387 Posts
this is a known issue with the TSX. there is a tsb on the driver side molding being loose and possibly flying off during high speeds. happened to my 09. didn't fly off but it kept flapping at high speeds. supposedly it was fixed in later models but i find the top of my 2012 is a little loose.
The following users liked this post:
Lara_Lockhart (02-19-2014)
Old 02-19-2014, 08:58 AM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
The molding on mine almost came all the way off. The clips came unglued/broke after owning the car for about a 1.5 years. Took it to a dealer and they replaced the clips (or glued it?) for free.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:32 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by opboarding
The molding on mine almost came all the way off. The clips came unglued/broke after owning the car for about a 1.5 years. Took it to a dealer and they replaced the clips (or glued it?) for free.
Thanks. I guess the shop took off the molding twice and perhaps the clips broke, so they glued it on instead. I found a thread dedicated to this, so maybe there will be pictures for me to see if it's flushed.