Car meet experience...Edgewater NJ

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 07:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 144 Likes on 109 Posts
Car meet experience...Edgewater NJ

My boy just got a brand new '12 GTI so he picked me up yesterday to go to a meet in edgewater, NJ( If you lived in the Northeast you've heard of this meet)...We haven't gone in like 3 years and wow has it changed..it was pretty lame/tame because I heard there was a big fight a couple weeks a go...and not a lot of cars at the place..last time I went they had the whole parking lot full with sections euros, muscle, imports and exotic even a bike section

First when did the cops have a checkpoint by the entrance pulling people over...I don't know why but they had a measuring tape is it illegal to be slammed??lolz.. I guess for tints, inspection sticker, and front plates

As cars were coming in to fill up the place some Idiot in a CRV with house speakers in his trunk started blasting music- slutty little 14-16 yo girls started to dance.... I'm like shit game over cops coming 5 mins later "Time to go home guys...clear the parking lot"

the brief time I was there saw a couple of GTR's and the new 2012 VW-R20/32 sexy...saw a couple of TL's

but my main reason for the thread is why am I literally defending myself yesterday for buying a CU2... Blah blah blah too heavy not enough HP...like really dude... I need more than 200 HP for my DD...ahhhhh all night...YOU should have gotten a first gen (as a reminder I did not bring my car) or an si..ughhhh

I love the car but why are we getting soo much crap from the modding community... because it's a family sedan! why aren't the 3 series getting shit or the lexus IS???

***Anyone in this area we gotta rep hard for CU2 we owe it that...it's on thursday nights I'll be coming in every thursday once work frees up and I get my coils and new rims installed and warmer weather...starting late APRIL...
if you go to the menlo meet you guys should definitely come thru and rep for the CU2
Old 03-16-2012, 08:41 AM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

Received 527 Likes on 387 Posts
from what you write, i really doubt that a couple of modded CU2s will change their minds. they sound like douche bags who will only think one way and will never be convinced. personally, i don't need to deal with the headache of these asshats being themselves. i give you props for attempting to change their mind though. only reason why i'd go is for the GT-R
Old 03-16-2012, 08:45 AM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
Originally Posted by apinwp09GBTSX
My boy just got a brand new '12 GTI so he picked me up yesterday to go to a meet in edgewater, NJ( If you lived in the Northeast you've heard of this meet)...We haven't gone in like 3 years and wow has it changed..it was pretty lame/tame because I heard there was a big fight a couple weeks a go...and not a lot of cars at the place..last time I went they had the whole parking lot full with sections euros, muscle, imports and exotic even a bike section

First when did the cops have a checkpoint by the entrance pulling people over...I don't know why but they had a measuring tape is it illegal to be slammed??lolz.. I guess for tints, inspection sticker, and front plates

As cars were coming in to fill up the place some Idiot in a CRV with house speakers in his trunk started blasting music- slutty little 14-16 yo girls started to dance.... I'm like shit game over cops coming 5 mins later "Time to go home guys...clear the parking lot"

the brief time I was there saw a couple of GTR's and the new 2012 VW-R20/32 sexy...saw a couple of TL's

but my main reason for the thread is why am I literally defending myself yesterday for buying a CU2... Blah blah blah too heavy not enough HP...like really dude... I need more than 200 HP for my DD...ahhhhh all night...YOU should have gotten a first gen (as a reminder I did not bring my car) or an si..ughhhh

I love the car but why are we getting soo much crap from the modding community... because it's a family sedan! why aren't the 3 series getting shit or the lexus IS???

***Anyone in this area we gotta rep hard for CU2 we owe it that...it's on thursday nights I'll be coming in every thursday once work frees up and I get my coils and new rims installed and warmer weather...starting late APRIL...
if you go to the menlo meet you guys should definitely come thru and rep for the CU2
If you want to hang out with the "modded Civic" crowd then you should be prepared to take crap as you are not hanging out with like minded people.

And yes, most states have a minimum ride height - some states have a numeric figure while some have a "no part of the vehicle may be lower than xyz distance from the bottom of the wheel rim"
Old 03-16-2012, 09:02 AM
Burning Brakes

well I had a civic too so always had a group of friends in that crowd... time to fit in the corporate world I thought the 2nd gen tsx would be a great fit- nice enough to bemodded and still stay classy as not to raise eyebrows in the office parking lot!!...

I guess those kids just need to grow up a little bit,

I hear you stak I was never one of those people to show off my car mostly go to meets to check out other rides and maybe get new ideas...I'll just stop focusing on that next time and I'll take photos of the red and white gt-r side by side for you stak
The following users liked this post:
mrstak (03-16-2012)
Old 03-16-2012, 09:42 AM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

yes please!
Old 03-16-2012, 12:09 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
civic = kids

tsx = cool kids, and a few old farts.
The following 3 users liked this post by ed_423:
Acura_Dude (03-23-2012), justnspace (03-23-2012), tuan43 (03-22-2012)
Old 03-16-2012, 12:30 PM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
i've been to the edgewater car show several times. some nights, its sick, i can add some pictures. ferrari's, lambo's, really well modded cars, some ricers, some douchebags. but the cops have been periodically shutting it down. checkpoints at all the entrances, it sucks.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 222 Likes on 205 Posts
i dont think people that go to menlo will wanna go to edgewater after reading what is going on over there simply because all of them are cool people two no one needs to get headache because the police gonna check them for whatever reason three why change place for other if we never got in trouble for hanging out taking pictures at current place there is no stupid things involved because we are Acura "family"
Old 03-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
I find that the people that are loudest about "what you should have bought" don't follow their own advice.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Burning Brakes

Love my CU2 nuff said!

toby- yeah you know what I went to edgewater to see other 2nd gen tsx if that's my purpose might as well go to menlo
Old 03-22-2012, 10:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Pyro were you there I this week I thought I saw a blue votex blue tsx with plasti-dip rims??...I was going to stop by real quick but I was the wingman for my boy hitting on some little girls...hey both time away from the gf

Well anywayz as promised STAK here are some pics sorry for the iphone pics especially the pic of my car

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
[IMG]
[/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

the GTI with Euro lights is my friends sick he just installed euro switch!!! sorry about the pic of my tsx didnt wanna take too much pictures without my mods installed...The Silvia-steering wheel on the right side-JDM as FUCK lol
The following users liked this post:
mrstak (03-23-2012)
Old 03-23-2012, 12:16 AM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
legit!
Old 03-23-2012, 01:30 AM
Op is too busy to care

Received 913 Likes on 540 Posts
[IMG] Awesome pics, I know a meet like that will make me sad that I am poor though [/IMG]
The following 3 users liked this post by KillerG:
Acura_Dude (03-23-2012), justnspace (03-23-2012), mkeefe (03-24-2012)
Old 03-23-2012, 02:51 AM
Safety Car

yea i was there, i did 1 roll through. no tickets for me, i snuck in with my friend in a charger. i was parked by the checkpoint with my friend in a black tinted charger and plasti wheels. i saw so many people get fucked over hahaha. literally the most expensive car show. you could bring whatever kind of modded car/bike you want, and the cops will just give you tickets for them, and then you can stay and chill. so many front plate and tint tickets. the cops hate being there, i know a few, but they get called because people are idiots and do burnouts
Old 03-23-2012, 06:35 AM
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
i went to that meet every week when i was in the "civic" crowd. Even a few times when i joined the STI family, But its not a meet like Menlo, Its the complete opposite. I wont go somewhere that im risking a ticket to park and hang out. Them dudes all want to test their 2step and launch control and see whos music is loudest. Not to mention those kids with Single cams 95hp and 4" fart cans out the back.

Edgewater and Us shouldnt go together. Not that were better then them, but our definition of a meet doesnt match theirs
Old 03-23-2012, 07:16 AM
Burning Brakes

^^

Yeah everytime you go you risk the chance of being pulled over...modded or not!! But somehow the Silvia with the right driver steering wheel...super low was just passed thru, I don't understand that one!! My friend has a GTI and the meet is 50% Vdubs so he loves it...

Someone I can actually came out with a full dj system in a trunk of a maxima....THIS IS BRAZIL...woop woooop time to go home guys cops kicking people out

Last edited by apinwp09GBTSX; 03-23-2012 at 07:21 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:30 AM
7# werC 2uoYeeS

thanks for those gt-r pics. how does a car with a RHD steering wheel get let through??
Old 03-23-2012, 10:25 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 89 Posts
I get some hate from friends who don't even drive a nicer car than me lol. I get dude it's a "4 banger why do you need new mufflers". I love my cu2 and there is not many on the road.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by apinwp09GBTSX
^^

Yeah everytime you go you risk the chance of being pulled over...modded or not!! But somehow the Silvia with the right driver steering wheel...super low was just passed thru, I don't understand that one!! My friend has a GTI and the meet is 50% Vdubs so he loves it...

Someone I can actually came out with a full dj system in a trunk of a maxima....THIS IS BRAZIL...woop woooop time to go home guys cops kicking people out
Originally Posted by mrstak
thanks for those gt-r pics. how does a car with a RHD steering wheel get let through??
the blue hatchback with RHD is actually my friend. i've driven it, its fucking hilarious to see peoples reactions. a lil weird but you get used to it. its an import he actually literally just cleared inspection a week ago after getting the exhaust fixed cause it literally fell off on the highway. he did get full searched though for some reason. he doesn't have tints or any illegal mods, which is why he went through just fine.

you don't run the risk of getting pulled over when you go, they just sometimes have a checkpoint when people are being stupid. no tints, no noisy exhaust, and you have a front plate, and your good to go. its just a visual inspection. if you are missing something, you pull to the right, get your ticket, and go on your merry way. not a big deal, but for me, not worth it. the only reason i go to edgewater sometimes is the variety. i enjoy seeing ferrari's, lambo's, porsches, modded audi's, shit like that. oh and some fucking SICK bikes
Old 03-23-2012, 12:41 PM

Received 16,261 Likes on 11,972 Posts
[img] LOL at Killer [/IMG]