Bottoming out

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010 | 02:00 AM
Advanced

Bottoming out

So today I decided the traffic was going no where I would turn off and go down this other road to turn around and go back to the freeway home a different way. I just drove in the grass a little way and just went down the small curb like normal size you would see anywhere I had a fear it would bottom out and did at about 1 mph do you think I have any major damage parents looked under it everything seemed ok my dad who does all his own car repairs and kept me in my old car for so long says it's ok but I'm not sure. I also did this at an angle as well.

This isn't cool I keep doing the stupidest shit in this car I got at christmas but my only other choice is a 98 expedition if I don't wan't to drive it.

I've popped a tire, cracked a mirror, got some curb rash or whatever on a few of the stock rims, scrape the bumper everytime I park and just do over all the dumbest shit and I don't treat it like it's worth even though I always tell myself I will.
Old 04-07-2010 | 02:16 AM
Three Wheelin'

Go to the dealer and have them inspect the car on a hoist for you.

I think you are better off sticking with the 98 Ford for the next year or so till you are more proficient in driving. Like most things in life, you need to practice (a lot) to be good at it. Better practice on an older model car than a new one (besides- the Expedition has a lot more ground clearance than the TSX).
Old 04-07-2010 | 07:11 AM
Burning Brakes

yeah my only question is why you thought it'd be a good idea to drive over grass and a curb. It's not so much treating the car like its worth something, you gotta think about cost vs benefit for the damage you may occur, but i suppose you don't pay for anything yet so that might not work.

I'd definitely go with the 98 ford.

I did however Drive over a curb with my car when it was lowered because I was arguing with my girlfriend taking a left turn not paying attention yelling at her go me right? I just took it to the dealership asked them to check out the scrapes and shit on the bottom, check out the missing weather proofing and tell me if it was anything worth fixing.. They said no not really but it may rust in the future so might want to eventually get some more weather proofing on it.

weather proofing = the rhino liner on the bottom of the car.
Old 04-07-2010 | 08:03 AM
2010 Acura TSX

Wink

Originally Posted by Tishkevich
yeah my only question is why you thought it'd be a good idea to drive over grass and a curb. It's not so much treating the car like its worth something, you gotta think about cost vs benefit for the damage you may occur, but i suppose you don't pay for anything yet so that might not work.

Yeah...stick with the Expedition and you can drive over all the curbs you want. Fun times ahead!
Old 04-07-2010 | 10:08 AM
Burning Brakes

If the car drives fine and there is no visual damage then I would say your fine & lucky. just don't do it again b/c you might encounter more severe damage.
Old 04-07-2010 | 02:10 PM
Racer

lol my cousin and i bottomed out once in his 07 rx. and we were really stucked, had to gun it to get it off. ended up ripping the plastic engine cover out from underneath the car. but other than that, even though the curb itself was in pieces, there was no real damage to the car except for some scraps and scratches. happened a a year and a half ago, and it still drives great.
Old 04-07-2010 | 04:47 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by hjahmad
lol my cousin and i bottomed out once in his 07 rx. and we were really stucked, had to gun it to get it off. ended up ripping the plastic engine cover out from underneath the car. but other than that, even though the curb itself was in pieces, there was no real damage to the car except for some scraps and scratches. happened a a year and a half ago, and it still drives great.
Yes I found out that was loose on mine and my dad order the part to attach it back on and it is attached right now with the bolts or things from the other side he says it's ok but I'm still scared.
Old 04-07-2010 | 07:02 PM
Racer

lol...sounds like you need some more drivers education classes...on how to not drive over curbs and crash into shit every single time you park. Drive the Expedition for a while; watch the way your parents drive; take note of their driving techniques. Take care of your car, dude...
Old 04-07-2010 | 10:29 PM
Racer

lol
i doubt anything is bad. cars arent made of foil underneath