Argh! (Pointless thread)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009 | 02:03 PM
Vancouver B.C.

Argh! (Pointless thread)

So I went out to a small little party last night and I left my car at my grandma's apartment so I can carpool with my bro and his friends. I left it there cause I thought it would be safe but when I got back to my car at 4:00am my baby was gone. Turns out I can only stay there till 2:00am. Ughhh now I'm just waiting for the manager of the apartment to call me with the towing companys number...just the thought of how careless the towers must have treated my car makes me cringe. And they probably just used hooks and cables on my car instead of using the much preferred flat bed tow truck. This is the first time any of my cars have ever been towed and its the worst freaking feeling ever.....there better not be any damage on my car or im gonna flip. If there is, is there nothing I can do about it?
Old 05-10-2009 | 02:17 PM
Robbie D.

Make sure you go all around the car and inspect it for marks when you pick it up (ive had my 04' TL towed 3 times). They'll give you a paper where they wrote down any previous damage done before the towing.

If you see something that wasn't there before the towing let the person working there know and if they argue then you'll need to have your insurance inspect the car and do an investigation.

from my experience they only use flatbeds if you call a tow truck, most of the time if its an illegal parking situation they use a crappy old hook truck.

hope your tsx is alright man. let us know what happens.
Old 05-10-2009 | 02:38 PM
Vancouver B.C.

Originally Posted by boydanger
Make sure you go all around the car and inspect it for marks when you pick it up (ive had my 04' TL towed 3 times). They'll give you a paper where they wrote down any previous damage done before the towing.

If you see something that wasn't there before the towing let the person working there know and if they argue then you'll need to have your insurance inspect the car and do an investigation.

from my experience they only use flatbeds if you call a tow truck, most of the time if its an illegal parking situation they use a crappy old hook truck.

hope your tsx is alright man. let us know what happens.
arghhh okay. I am just mainly worried about any damages that are on my car that I will have to argue over. Most likely they will not openly admit to damaging a vehicle so it is going to be a battle. I got the number of the towing company and they say its gonna cost $140 to bring it out.
Old 05-10-2009 | 03:14 PM
Robbie D.

you gotta do what you gotta do. i wouldnt worry much though, if there are damages your insurance company will make sure the tower pays for every single penny.

and if they lie well then you can sue them on top of that. which is why alot of towing companies are very careful about causing damage to cars when they are towed.

insurance companies will do whatever it takes to not pay for damages if there is another party responsible for them.

the only thing is if you have to go your insurance, then its gonna be a loong process. but you'll be in good hands.

good luck man.
Old 05-10-2009 | 07:26 PM
Racer

wow 140 is not that bad lol. when mine got towed i had to pay 290.
Old 05-10-2009 | 07:57 PM
Vancouver B.C.

Originally Posted by Farage
wow 140 is not that bad lol. when mine got towed i had to pay 290.
holy shieeet man thats like an intake right there or some good springs
Old 05-10-2009 | 07:59 PM
Racer

i know! and i heard there raising it to 400 if you get your car towed in the city! straight up robbing people.
Old 05-10-2009 | 09:27 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

man thats suckss, just reading it makes me feel scared for u. good luck man.
Old 05-11-2009 | 12:59 AM
Robbie D.

yeah i had to pay 300 everytime mine was towed.

those towing companies make some serious green for not really doing much and being a wart on society's ass 90% of the time.
Old 05-11-2009 | 01:40 PM
WTH happened to my garage

Pointless continuation.

I was at the Spring Break Nationals in Daytona in 96 with my Ligtning p/u. I parked right next to a m/c cop got out said "hello officer" and went to the show.

Came back an hour later and my truck was gone. The same fat ba$tard on the bike rode by and gave me a sheet of paper of how to go to the courthouse, pay the ticket, get a cab to the impound lot, blah blah.

Corksuckers.
Old 05-11-2009 | 02:09 PM
Vancouver B.C.

wow hearing about all your guys' misfortunes actually makes me feel a bit better haha. I got my car back and there were some scratches on my muffler but thats about all I could find. I payed $122 and I just left.

Another funny story....my friend parked his car on the side street of his apartment like he always does and went to bed like normal. He woke up next morning to the sound of trumpets and people celebrating. He looked out the window and he forgot that the gay parade is going down the street that day. He looked to where he parked his car and yeap you guessed it...it was gone haha.
Old 05-11-2009 | 02:31 PM

Off-topic

Originally Posted by ttk5
He looked out the window and he forgot that the gay parade is going down the street that day. He looked to where he parked his car and yeap you guessed it...it was gone haha.
My car didn't get towed, but when I lived in Orlando I did unknowingly take my wife & 3 kids to Disney during "Gay Days" one year. I remember walking around saying to myself "Damn, there sure are a lot of lesbians in red shirts here today."
Old 05-11-2009 | 02:34 PM
Vancouver B.C.

Originally Posted by HeavyDuty
My car didn't get towed, but when I lived in Orlando I did unknowingly take my wife & 3 kids to Disney during "Gay Days" one year. I remember walking around saying to myself "Damn, there sure are a lot of lesbians in red shirts here today."
unknowingly took your wife and 3 kids to a gay day..wow. thats pretty asshole of you JK!!!
Old 05-11-2009 | 04:14 PM
Robbie D.

wow hearing about all your guys' misfortunes actually makes me feel a bit better haha. I got my car back and there were some scratches on my muffler but thats about all I could find. I payed $122 and I just left.
not bad compared to the rest of us hehe.

glad to hear your tsx wasnt harmed in the process.
Old 05-11-2009 | 04:27 PM

Yeah, it was the first year we moved there. After we figured it out, it was all good except for the right-to-lifers protesting Gay Days. I'm like...if there were any segment of the population *not* contributing to the abortion crisis...it's the gays/lesbians.