Appreciation Thread for our TSX!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Appreciation Thread for our TSX!

I just had to make a post to appreciate our cars because every month I get compliments about my car and it is bare stock. Today I got nearly 10 appreciation comments when I parked in front of a Canadian Tire/Walmart having just washed it.

Since I got this car in 2009 the compliments have been non stop from friends to strangers.

It is such an easy car to drive and so nimble with the 4 cylinder driving around town. It just feels so comfortable when you are sitting in the driver's seat as the interior of the car feels like a jet cockpit.

And when night time arrives, the lights inside just light up so gracefully that you can't really believe how futuristic this car is.

I have driven many cars from American to Korean and I am trying to be very subjective rather than being biased.

Even when you sit in a 1st generation TSX it is still years ahead in my opinion of many of the cars coming out today. The mere fact this car is an Accord and can be inserted into the category of luxury sports sedan in the U.S/Canada is proof enough how well built this car is.

Yes advertising this car as the TSX is part of its success as a luxury car but the quality and functionality is all there. If Honda did a pilot project on prestige pricing the Accord all over the world to around $50 000 than people would think differently of this car.

I have friends and coworkers with BMW's, Mercedes, Hondas, Toyotas, Fords, Chevrolets, GMC's, Hyundai's and they are just blown away every time they first sit in my car on the passenger side. You must also not forget that most people you know or live in your city do not have the luxury to buy a car like this.

When you think your TSX is not nice enough, think again how lucky you are and how many people do not have what you have. Not even have the ability to live a fraction of your lifestyle if you can own a TSX.

I always know what they are going to say, "wow this is a nice car!". And I am just talking about the TSX here. If I get these same people to sit in an TL with SH-AWD and red/umber interior, they will probably faint or be mad they bought a more premium car for twice the price.

Back to the TSX, it can be a family car, modified car, professional car, single guy/gal car, just about any category this car can fit our lifestyles.

When I first purchased this car I was looking at the BMW 328/335, Lexus IS250/350, Acura TL, Honda Accord Coupe V6/w 6 speed, among others. I chose the TSX as it was the best bang for the buck but then I had buyers remorse for a few months.

Thinking it was not "luxurious enough" and I bought this car to move up not to stay where I was in satisfaction with my old car. Thinking how fast a 335 would be or how the TL was the better choice. But after really driving this car for quite some time, then you can fully appreciate the TSX with its size, value style, and all of the above from what I wrote.

Its like the just the right temperature porridge to eat. So this is just my rant on telling all of you to appreciate your TSX as its pure sex.

Last edited by Kesler123; 08-23-2012 at 08:35 PM.
The following users liked this post:
iSeeYouTwo (08-23-2012)
Old 08-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Kesler123
Today I got nearly 10 appreciation comments when I parked in front of a Canadian Tire/Walmart having just washed it.
I park so far away from the front of these stores I never get the opportunity to get a compliment - but its not compliments that make me like this car more - its the practicality, performance, handling that sold me on it.

The only remorse I have is not getting Tech, but still love this car each day I drive it. Makes waking up and leaving work all the more better.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:14 PM
Drifting

Received 657 Likes on 478 Posts
Today I got nearly 10 appreciation comments when I parked in front of a Canadian Tire/Walmart having just washed it.
I had a guy ask me if my car was a BMW once. I must admit, I was flattered. And I agree. I have plenty of friends who own or have owned BMWs/Audis etc. and they all loved my car the first time they sat in it.

When you think your TSX is not nice enough, think again how lucky you are and how many people do not have what you have. Not even have the ability to live a fraction of your lifestyle if you can own a TSX.
Couldn't have said it any better. Most people can't believe that I went from a 1998 Civic to a 2009 TSX at such a young age (20). Some even think I'm a drug dealer. I thank god every day for granting me this opportunity, and I'm definitely grateful for everything I have!
Old 08-23-2012, 10:04 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 539 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by iSeeYouTwo
I had a guy ask me if my car was a BMW once. I must admit, I was flattered. And I agree. I have plenty of friends who own or have owned BMWs/Audis etc. and they all loved my car the first time they sat in it.

Couldn't have said it any better. Most people can't believe that I went from a 1998 Civic to a 2009 TSX at such a young age (20). Some even think I'm a drug dealer. I thank god every day for granting me this opportunity, and I'm definitely grateful for everything I have!
I was sort of in the same situation. I bought a brand new 2008 Civic EX Coupe with Navi, Fog Lamps, etc. Pretty much fully loaded before I even turned 20 a month later. I was looked at as a lucky kid who had his stuff straight. 3 and a half years later, I traded in my Civic at the age of 23 for a 2012 Acura RDX w/ tech and no one could believe I was able to do it without a co-signer. Now, after 8 months or so with the RDX, I'm rolling in a 2012 TSX w/ Tech and love it every day.

Ah I love life!
iSeeYouTwo (08-24-2012)
Old 08-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Op is too busy to care

Received 913 Likes on 540 Posts
GOT
LAID
IN
CAR

money well spent
Old 08-23-2012, 10:26 PM
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
It's all relative.

I get no comments (thankfully, 'cause I don't want comments from strangers about my car.) But then again, I didn't get comments when I owned much more expensive (and much better) cars either. It depends a LOT on where one lives.

Maybe as one gets older and own several types of cars over a lifetime, one might see more clearly as to what this car actually is: a decent car for a decent price.

Please don't get me wrong, I like the car for its practicality and dependability (including very low and very inexpensive maintenance) but seriously, let's be realistic. Again, it's all relative.

Sorry to come to your party and be an a-hole. But it is what it is...
Old 08-23-2012, 11:03 PM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts
i get tons of compliments on the car i love the reliability, maintenance and looks but thats all wish the car had a little bit more pep but i totally love and appreciate this car and me being able to be blessed enough to even be in the situation i am in now . similar to iseeyoutwo i was 22 when i got my tsx and i get the drug dealer looks to but hey if you work hard and know what you want nothing is out of your reach
iSeeYouTwo (08-24-2012)
Old 08-24-2012, 12:19 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by turning japanese
It's all relative.

I get no comments (thankfully, 'cause I don't want comments from strangers about my car.) But then again, I didn't get comments when I owned much more expensive (and much better) cars either. It depends a LOT on where one lives.

Maybe as one gets older and own several types of cars over a lifetime, one might see more clearly as to what this car actually is: a decent car for a decent price.

Please don't get me wrong, I like the car for its practicality and dependability (including very low and very inexpensive maintenance) but seriously, let's be realistic. Again, it's all relative.

Sorry to come to your party and be an a-hole. But it is what it is...
I feel the same way as you because this happened to me once when I had my 2008 Civic EX Coupe. I walked into a Best Buy and when I came out, a guy was looking at it. Keep in mind the car was mostly stock but was fully loaded. This guy was checking out my retrofitted headlights, inside the car where the factory navigation unit was and "admired" my HFP kit all around the car. My reaction was "What are you doing" and he said "Just checking this out. I've never seen a Civic look this nice". It's not like I did a lot, but I get very skeptical of people. Stay away from my car people!

...I broke my own rule the other day though. A clean red Hyundai Genesis Coupe parked RIGHT next to me the other day and I couldn't help but look at his car. Oh man it's sexy as hell!
Old 08-24-2012, 12:44 AM
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts
The other day someone asked/commented.....'nice car, but why the wagon?' I was so tempted to comment back 'nice teeth, but why the pizza face?'
Old 08-24-2012, 01:08 AM
Instructor

I don't know about other people's neighborhoods, but around here drug dealers sure as hell don't drive Hondas or Acuras. And especially not a TSX.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:09 AM
AZ Community Team

I don't know about other people's neighborhoods, but around here drug dealers sure as hell don't drive Hondas or Acuras. And especially not a TSX.
You'll know if you see a TSX with 20"ers.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:12 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by KrylonBlue
You'll know if you see a TSX with 20"ers.
They're drug users, not sellers.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:16 AM
AZ Community Team

haha
Old 08-24-2012, 01:32 AM
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts
seriously have to be users
Old 08-24-2012, 02:26 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 215 Likes on 169 Posts
I thought I had a pretty nice car but I can probably count on one hand the number of times a stranger commented on my car. Usually it was friends and acquaintances commenting on how clean it was.

There have been people mistaking my car for a BMW.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:34 AM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
I was down the shore on vacation at a fancy resort this summer and as usual I parked about as far away from the building as possible. I went out to my car first thing the next morning to grab some luggage and there's a new black Audi A8L W12 next to my black TSX. We're the only ones parked out on the lot perimeter and the owner is rummaging through his trunk. Usually I'm pissed when someone makes an effort to park next to me that far out but I figured I was in good company. So he says, "how you do'n?". I said, "fine". He says, "Man I really like your car. That has to be one of the finest looking machines on the road", and we proceeded to shoot the shit for a while about cars.

So, I'm thinking, here's this guy with a $134K flagship Audi (probably leased, not that it makes much difference) telling me that he genuinely likes my little Acura worth less than a 1/4 of what his true luxury car is worth. I was kinda flattered and impressed that this guy didn't look down on me or my Acura at all, in fact he had gone out of his way to park next to me.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:48 AM
Pro

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts
i have yet to see a 2nd gen TSX w/ aftermarket wheels.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:16 AM
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Would love my car even more if the navigation didn't take a dump on me. But I agree, our cars does not seem to have aged at all, and its' been more than 4 years since it's production.

i get more compliments on this car than I do the G35. The fact that it's rarer, and the lines pop out more may be the reason it's a looker.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:40 AM
Everyday I'm rofling

Received 1,788 Likes on 1,103 Posts
Originally Posted by gonzo08452
i have yet to see a 2nd gen TSX w/ aftermarket wheels.
I've only seen one modded 2g tsx. He had chrome rims and the guy looked mildly thugly.

I've gotten a few compliments on my car. I can guarantee you though that if I were stock I would get 0 from strangers. Dont get my wrong I love my car, but it's not exactly a huge head turner when its stock. It isn't any different than seeing the other mid level luxury cars ( like is250, g35, or a4) of the world.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 105 Posts

I don't get many comments, because the TSX is very popular around here, as are more expensive cars from BMW, Audi, etc. I've gotten a few though, one from a Civic Si driver who was impressed I had the 6MT. We bonded over our shared VTEC love for a bit.

I know what you mean about keeping the TSX in perspective, because it isn't a hard-core sport sedan. Having owned a couple, I understand its limitations. But I deeply appreciate its blend of agility, comfort, practicality, and reliability at a reasonable price. Most family-friendly sedans that drive as well are much more expensive and less reliable, and few have such a great ride/handling balance. The longer I own it, the more I like it in this respect.

In fact, that's largely why, instead of replacing it with a BMW or Audi, I'd prefer to keep it for the long term -- and get a BRZ or FR-S for a little action on the side!

Last edited by Nedmundo; 08-24-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:56 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nedmundo
I don't get many comments, because the TSX is very popular around here, as are more expensive cars from BMW, Audi, etc. I've gotten a few though, one from a Civic Si driver who was impressed I had the 6MT. We bonded over our shared VTEC love for a bit.

I know what you mean about keeping the TSX in perspective, because it isn't a hard-core sport sedan. Having owned a couple, I understand its limitations. But I deeply appreciate its blend of agility, comfort, practicality, and reliability at a reasonable price. Most family-friendly sedans that drive as well are much more expensive and less reliable, and few have such a great ride/handling balance. The longer I own it, the more I like it in this respect.

In fact, that's largely why, instead of replacing it with a BMW or Audi, I'd prefer to keep it for the long term -- and get a BRZ or FR-S for a little action on the side!
That's a real plus to me with this car. I can drive it without being concerned at all about putting on the mileage. I 'had to sell' my Mercedes E63 AMG because it was approaching 30k miles. It was either keep it forever or get rid of it and try to avoid the massive depreciation. I used to always be watching how many miles I was putting on the car. Overall it ended up as the car owning me instead of me owning the car.

I have a 15-year old Porsche 993 that has only 49k miles on it. It's the same story. But that car has actually appreciated in value and so it makes a bit more sense to watch the miles. Although I've decided to drive it forever and never sell it. So there's no worries about mileage anymore. It's finally been liberated from being a garage queen.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
I don't do drugs!

I've received a few compliments from strangers in parking lots/gas stations and have also had the question "is that a BMW?". It's nice I guess
Old 08-24-2012, 08:33 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
i've gotten a few head turns over the past few months haha
Old 08-26-2012, 07:07 PM
You see me, I CU2

Received 358 Likes on 284 Posts
Maybe a handful of comments from strangers, other drivers who drive Acura's notice it/do a double take...specially the 3G TL people.

And from a couple people they think its an Audi
Old 08-26-2012, 08:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 132 Likes on 119 Posts
At hondafest when Danny and i went some guy came up to me and said, " Man ive been waiting to see one of these modifed.......and i got two?...Damn"

all time favorite tho was a 12 year old kid who walked into my pizza shop and said, "Fuck that blue acura is nice" I dont know why he was swearing at his age but i told him thanks
Old 08-27-2012, 12:58 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts
lol i never get compliments, i only get a couple of complaints from my friends saying that they hate the back seat cuz theres no room lol.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:53 PM
10th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
With all due respect, if people couldn't tell an Acura from a BMW, they don't know sh&t about cars, and accordingly, I would take thier compliment as a grain of salt.
The following 2 users liked this post by kdrk888:
ed_423 (08-27-2012), turning japanese (08-27-2012)
Old 08-27-2012, 07:52 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
"nice car, is it a TL?"
Old 08-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I have been pulled over twice in my car. Both times the officers asked me where do I work, and then proceeded to compliment my car.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by ed_423
"nice car, is it a TL?"
LOL ED dude that happens to me all the time! always ask me if its a TL...
Old 08-29-2012, 07:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 247 Likes on 173 Posts
No compliments, except "I didn't know Acura made a wagon".

TSXs are a dime a dozen around here.... doesn't help that the dealerships also have a ton of TSX loaners. Even wagons now I think I've spotted at least 10 in this area to date, white, red, graphite, and black. Guess its a good car to sit in traffic in - good mpg, nice comfortable interior & tech, peppy enough for city driving, etc. That's why I bought one, lol.