Acura TSX is the worst car that ever had - Review

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura TSX is the worst car that ever had - Review

They are saying that Acura is Advance? And it is, but only on the paper. For those who did not buy it yet, here is the real thing from the owner.

This car is the worst car that ever had. Here is few things that really wrong with it and I have to live with it for 2 more years.

1. GPS.

1a. GPS doesn't have the information about speed limit for any roads or highways, so it cannot give you the fastest and easiest way (like TomTom or Garmin)

1b. GPS doesn’t have the “Bird View” that all other GPS has it.

1c. “Places Search” is the worst. It’s not friendly at all. (and I am very good with all technologies) Here is one stupid example, when for example you search for “Wendy’s” it gives you Wendy’s that 2000 miles away. You really have to find your way how to start search that can search by the distance. And when want to make a “way point” there is no way at all to do that.

2. Microphone.

2a. This is my 3rd car with Bluetooth, and this is the worst Microphone ever. People hear you very bad; it’s like you on a very bad speakerphone.

2b. There is a 3-4 seconds delay between when you answer the phone and people starting to hear you. So you end up screaming HELLO for the 5th time before people can hear you.
You want to confirm that? Here is the forum with people campaigns https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ighlight=phone

3. Climate Control (this the worst)

3a. This is a real nightmare. Manual options simply don’t work. You CANNOT control climate control manually. The air is ALWAYS blowing from side front vents. If you put it “Floor Only” it will still blows from Front side vent. I took it to a dealer and they said that this the way the design it.

3b. The fan speed changes automatically even if you set manually. If, for example, you set the fan speed on manual 3, time to time it will start blow harder like 4 or lower like 2. Again dealer said it’s NORMAL.

3c. When it’s cold outside the climate control blows Hot air to the bottom and Cold air to the front vents (and remember there is no way to close front vents even on manual “floor only” mode and if you close it physically on the dash that this cold air will start blowing from every small dent on the dash, and it’s even worst). So you upper body is cold and you feet are sweating, and if you raise the temperature, it’ll just blows harder. This is a biggest problem, I took my car to a dealer 4 times, but what they do, they connect the car to a computer and if sensors in the car sends OK! to a computer, they that its OK!
You want to confirm that? Look at the Votes on this forum:
https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tsx-2009-2014-143/vote-do-you-think-climate-control-system-retarded-758603/

3d. Now the front vents are not that simple also, they have their mind as well, so they blowing air, ready?,, at DIFFERENT temperature
You want to confirm that? Look at the YouTube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnmNMafRh2Y

If you live in the place where you have cold winter (40F and below), you will regret the day you bought this car.

4. Brakes
Brakes are very squeaky, just like public city bus.

5. Gas Tank
When you have more then half of tank of gas you will hear the gas splashing very loud.

I don’t understand why people aren’t talking about it enough to stop other people of buying that peace of crap.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Instructor

I'd say that if those are the worst problems you experience in a car then it's not such a bad design!
Old 03-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts
then sell it and stop your bellyaching
Old 03-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Vancouver B.C.

Received 325 Likes on 262 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverCU3
I'd say that if those are the worst problems you experience in a car then it's not such a bad design!
lol word! I agree that these are problems that can definitely be of inconvenience..but worst car EVER?? what cars were you driving before this?
Old 03-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
From the sounds of it, this is your first Honda/Acura product. What were some of your previous vehicles?
Old 03-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Racer

I'm sorry you feel this way and you are entitled to your own opinion. Though I do agree to some extent with some of your opinions on the nav system, it's nowhere near enough for me to not like the car. I live in Colorado having had this car for 2 winters now, I have had no problems or complaints with the climate control system in mine. I also have the original brakes and do not experience the squeaking you are talking about. And yes, I do hear the gas sloshing around ever so slightly sometimes, but I also hear the same in other non-honda cars that family members have. Point is, it doesn't bother me.

You say you don't understand why people aren’t talking about it enough to stop other people of buying that peace of crap.. frankly, those 'issues' are, imo, very minor and don't warrant me tellng people i hate the car.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
....Meanwhile, people are being killed in Toyotas and Lexuses.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Vancouver B.C.

There has been a service bulletin for the brakes so get that fixed first. As for the GPS, just get a garmin or tomtom. I already knew that the Acura GPS system wasn't right for my taste because I actually tried it out and analyzed its interface before investing the extra cash (cough cough )
Old 03-08-2010, 02:46 PM
10th Gear

Too funny. Love people like you. Don't have GPS so can't comment on it. As for Bluetooth people hear me fine. Other car is an X5 and the sound is exactly the same. There is a delay in answering much like the X5. I just wait three seconds and then say Hello. I bet you are wondering why in the world you didn't think of that simple simple solution. So being that you continue to say hello 5 times blew your credibility. Also the AC operates similar to all others, have no opinion as never cared where the air blows from. My cabin gets as hot or cold as all other cars in same amount of time. The brakes do suck compared to wifes x5. We had a Tahoe and Oddessy before and those breaks sucked. TSX is much better than both. Anyways not sure you would be happy with any car.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Instructor

The worst car ever and a 'peace' of crap becuase you can hear the gas sloshing.

LOLOLOLOLOL.

Funny post.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:31 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The guy is entitled to his opinion... And some of the stuff he said is true..
The bluetooth SUX people can't hear me, and storing numbers took me 2 hours to store 4 numbers cuz it kept spitting out diff numbers..

GPS .. Can't comment..do not have..
GAS Sloshin.. I never heard that...

Climate controll, he is the 3rd guy I heard say that but have not noticed it..

I think the steering sux, it makes noise when turning in a parking lot , and there is no feel to it..

BUT for $375/month lease it was this or a ALTIMA...
Old 03-08-2010, 03:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Well with the GPS, I went in to it knowing it was missing some key features but the whole package is what I was interested. The GPS is easy enough to use when you figure it out ( yes this is lame but what technology is not ) Setting way points is extremely easy So I don't understand what your issue is? Go to menu hit left once and it takes you back to the home menu and you can search for places all over again like you didn't currently have a target location and then hit ok then add as way point.. Everything else with the speed limit and the traffic, I agree GPS technology is from 2005 or 2006.. Not a champ but Enough with everything else that comes with the package. I personally don't want anything hanging from my windshield.

Blue tooth phone, yes there is a 2 second delay, but you get used to it after the first 3 times you pick it up? If not I don't know what to tell you. Hit the recieve call button 1... 2.. "hello" everything is fine? Usually takes 2 seconds to close your sunroof and windows anyway right? not a real substantial argument to state this car is the worse car ever.. go buy a chevy and tell me how it works for you.

Climate control, Do you not know how to work it? Is your car defective? My car blows warm air out the top vents and bottom vents at the same time once the car is warm.. and I have no judgement while the car is cold.. for.. it is cold?

It blows hotter air out the passenger side, because it is assumed that when you have your temperature set to equal sides, that you don't have a passenger in the vehicle so there for instead of blowing 101 degree air into your face, it blows it into the cabin away from you in order to warm the cabin down quicker, with out excessively blowing hot air in your face and making you uncomfortable and having to turn it down like most people would. If there is a passenger, they can adjust accordingly seeing as they have 2 free hands, 2 free feet, and a free mind cause they're not paying attention to the road. The climate control is actually one of the most effective things about this vehicle, it does everything automatically and sets the right fan speed for most situations..

You complaint is unjustified, and you're nit picking at small things to make the car sound worse with out understanding its design.. If it blew 101 degree heat out of both sides somebody would complain that it overwhelms them with heat when its warming the cabin and they have to turn the heat down as to not burn there face.. No its not going to be 80 degrees int he cabin when you set it to 80 degrees there is too many variable to make that happen, vehicle speed, seals, seat positioning, windows, is there sun directly on the car?, is the car in freezing rain so freezing cold is radiating off of the outside of the car?.. Too many things that could be the reason its not going to be 72 degrees when you set it to 72 degrees and you have to adjust it according to these variables. I think if the car is with in 4 - degrees of its target temperature it is working VERY well.. unlike military ECU's where if its with in 20 degrees of the target temperature it is working properly...'

Honestly if you only have 3 MAJOR complaints about a vehicle, then I would say this is one of the best cars out there, and rightfully so for all of its accolades and justifications from owners, and reviewers alike.. You're 1 in 100,000 and I'm sorry there may be 5 or 10 upset owners like yourself, but its not our fault ( the happy owners out there ) that you are so upset with your life and don't feel like the $30,000 you spent on a luxury car that comes with more options then any other in its class for that price ( introductory luxury btw.. ) is sufficient enough for your needs, then please go get your IS 250 and spend $45,000 to get it similarly equip and be happy with your awesome gps, and still have 2 of the three complaints remaining.

Understand that you are driving the bottom of the line, luxury car and its not going to be as nice as the vehicles which are 10, 15, 30, some times 60 + thousand dollars more expensive.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:48 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Hey OP, sorry about your experience.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:54 PM
Burning Brakes

man got so worked up forgot about the sloshing gas tank, I personally have never heard this.. but have you never owned a car? You have 18 gallons of gas sitting in a water bottle in the back of your car and you have all the sound off, and you expect this gas to stay still? You want noise canceling sound waves in your rear speakers to nullify this issue? Just play your music and be happy.. this seems like a final bullet just to fill the white space on your complaint.

Like I said, INTRO to Luxury vehicle.. $30,000 .. that is cheap relatively speaking.. you didn't give acura $60,000 for there RL which you will find an answer to all your issues you have mentioned in, plus some goodies you didn't even think you needed till you had them
Old 03-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Vancouver B.C.

ahaha tishkevich you're really hitting the nail on the head today!
Old 03-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL and this is his only post in this forum... Should we ask what car company/dealer he work for?
Old 03-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Burning Brakes

denot your car doesn't have fog lights?
Old 03-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Don't be rude on him... He spend his money and he's disappointed. He has his own measures. He is right about the issues, and you are right that you have to think about the price. This is useful post for people considering buying the TSX. They have some more info to think of.

Luckily my car's tank is not splashing (yet ), but he is not the only one person complaining at this. I would find this issue as a really design-fail. I don't know if you guys ever saw the tank from the inside, but a tank should have a structure and it is full of some foam to prevent splashing and more importantly weight-transfers. I have never heard that any other car had this problem - but of course as we know each car has something. For example I am thinking of BMW now, and on the board some people reported that their moonroof's glass exploded in a speed caused by under pressure. What a fail
Old 03-08-2010, 05:53 PM
2010 TL AWD 6MT: New King

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts
Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl
Old 03-08-2010, 05:59 PM
Drifting

Received 166 Likes on 127 Posts
this is the best car evar!

i have a base model btw

coming from a 99 civic si and 01 prelude
Old 03-08-2010, 06:44 PM
SeeYou2Crew #2

Received 825 Likes on 636 Posts
haha i really want to take a tech. model out for a spin, seems like people tend to complain about the tech models with the gps and sound system and what not...i guess in a way im glad i got bass, but i do like the fact that tech comes with gps and backup camera...now when i go to unfamiliar places i have to stick that garmin (very nice though) on the windshield..jsut look tacky :p
Old 03-08-2010, 07:28 PM
2010 6MT non-tech

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CoolGuyNY
I don’t understand why people aren’t talking about it enough to stop other people of buying that peace of crap.
well, EVERY model car will have its share of problems. hondas tend to have fewer problems than other cars, like BMW, audi, VW, GM, etc. it's unfortunate that you are having problems with your brakes. as others have stated numerous times, there is a TSB out there to replace the brakes at a discount or for free, i'm not sure which it is.

as for the GPS gripes, you make valid points. HOWEVER, you (presumably) tried out the features before you forked over the cash for it. if Acura had claimed to have speed limits for roads and it doesn't, then you have a valid complaint. if Acura claimed that it had a bird's eye view, then you would have a valid complaint. come to think of it, my 2005 TSX had a bird's eye view, if i just zoomed out, it would show my location relative to the entire rest of the USA.

as for the bluetooth, i have no issues with call quality whatsoever. i can speak as i normally do and the microphone picks up my voice very well. no one, not even my mother who is hard of hearing, has problems understanding me. i would say get yours checked out under warranty. as for a 3-4 second delay from the time you answer to the time the bluetooth actually transmits your voice, that is complete exaggeration. it is literally 1 second. if i get an incoming call, i hit the button to accept, wait less than a second, and start talking.

as for climate control, unfortunately for you, ALL hondas have ALWAYS exhibited this behavior, since forever. literally, forever. the workaround goes like this: if you have defrost and floor selected, close the upper vents manually if you don't want air blowing out of it.

i haven't noticed that the fan speed changes a lot. if you are sitting there measuring air speed out of the vents and figure out that it suddenly went from 3 to 4 (out of 6 or whatever it is), then it seems like you are nitpicking and not enjoying the great manual gearbox that this car has, or the good handling or the lively engine.

i haven't had the gas tank problem that other people have. also, i am rarely in the car without the radio on, so that might be a reason why i don't notice it.

if you had said "the gears grind in every gear, the dash is already falling apart after 1 month, the window dropped into the door and shattered, the rest of the windows stopped working, the keyfob doesn't work, and the the engine just imploded for no reason," then i would feel really bad for you.

i am sorry you find the TSX to be such an appalling car. i would suggest you sell it to someone who will enjoy it, and go buy something else that performs to your standard.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:46 PM
RMR
10th Gear

They are saying that Acura is Advance? And it is, but only on the paper. For those who did not buy it yet, here is the real thing from the owner.

This car is the worst car that ever had. Here is few things that really wrong with it and I have to live with it for 2 more years.

1. GPS.

1a. GPS doesn't have the information about speed limit for any roads or highways, so it cannot give you the fastest and easiest way (like TomTom or Garmin)

1b. GPS doesn’t have the “Bird View” that all other GPS has it.

1c. “Places Search” is the worst. It’s not friendly at all. (and I am very good with all technologies) Here is one stupid example, when for example you search for “Wendy’s” it gives you Wendy’s that 2000 miles away. You really have to find your way how to start search that can search by the distance. And when want to make a “way point” there is no way at all to do that.

2. Microphone.

2a. This is my 3rd car with Bluetooth, and this is the worst Microphone ever. People hear you very bad; it’s like you on a very bad speakerphone.

2b. There is a 3-4 seconds delay between when you answer the phone and people starting to hear you. So you end up screaming HELLO for the 5th time before people can hear you.
You want to confirm that? Here is the forum with people campaigns https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ighlight=phone

3. Climate Control (this the worst)

3a. This is a real nightmare. Manual options simply don’t work. You CANNOT control climate control manually. The air is ALWAYS blowing from side front vents. If you put it “Floor Only” it will still blows from Front side vent. I took it to a dealer and they said that this the way the design it.

3b. The fan speed changes automatically even if you set manually. If, for example, you set the fan speed on manual 3, time to time it will start blow harder like 4 or lower like 2. Again dealer said it’s NORMAL.

3c. When it’s cold outside the climate control blows Hot air to the bottom and Cold air to the front vents (and remember there is no way to close front vents even on manual “floor only” mode and if you close it physically on the dash that this cold air will start blowing from every small dent on the dash, and it’s even worst). So you upper body is cold and you feet are sweating, and if you raise the temperature, it’ll just blows harder. This is a biggest problem, I took my car to a dealer 4 times, but what they do, they connect the car to a computer and if sensors in the car sends OK! to a computer, they that its OK!
You want to confirm that? Look at the Votes on this forum:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=758603

3d. Now the front vents are not that simple also, they have their mind as well, so they blowing air, ready?,, at DIFFERENT temperature
You want to confirm that? Look at the YouTube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnmNMafRh2Y

If you live in the place where you have cold winter (40F and below), you will regret the day you bought this car.

4. Brakes
Brakes are very squeaky, just like public city bus.

5. Gas Tank
When you have more then half of tank of gas you will hear the gas splashing very loud.

I think you should trade that TSX in for something else. You sound a bit pissed off at the whole thing. My RDX does the same thing with the HVAC. Doesn't bother me. You should try out a German car HVAC if you think the TSX is bad.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
This car is the worst car that ever had.
I think you accidentally a few words, and maybe even 93MB of .rar files. What should you do?
Old 03-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Racer

LOL well if you think this car is a piece of crap, you might want to try driving other cars more often. This car is certainly not perfect, but compared to many cars...its definitely not crap. I can agree with some of your comments. Some items on the car don't work as well as they should. That being said, your complaint the the complaints of most people on here are hardly things that would honestly make me call this car "crap".

Heck, run over to the TL forums and see the kinds of problems they're having. It puts the TSX to shame in that department. LOL
Old 03-08-2010, 11:47 PM
2010 Acura TSX

Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl
True
Old 03-09-2010, 12:32 AM
THƎSƎ HOPƎFUL MACHINƎS

I only see one "peace" of crap in this thread, and it's not a TSX.

Interesting that this is your only post on the forums here. That either means you're whining moron who went through an entire registration process just to complain about a car on an enthusiast's site, or [more likely] you're in the employ of another vehicle manufacturer attempting to defame Acura's fantastic products.

In either case, you should have at least an elementary grasp of simple grammar and spelling rules before you post up a bunch of nonsense and make yourself look like an illiterate idiot.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:10 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Troll
Old 03-09-2010, 03:09 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jsilas
I only see one "peace" of crap in this thread, and it's not a TSX.

Interesting that this is your only post on the forums here. That either means you're whining moron who went through an entire registration process just to complain about a car on an enthusiast's site, or [more likely] you're in the employ of another vehicle manufacturer attempting to defame Acura's fantastic products.

In either case, you should have at least an elementary grasp of simple grammar and spelling rules before you post up a bunch of nonsense and make yourself look like an illiterate idiot.
I suspect the original post was actually intended to elicit aggressive responses.

1. select a product
2. join an enthusiast's forum
3. post a single, inflammatory message
4. watch as genuine members defend 'their' product

It's just a game
Old 03-09-2010, 06:21 AM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
I'll give you 20k for it to take it off your hands!
Old 03-09-2010, 06:54 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
if you hate this car then get rid of it-move on-
I love my 06 tsx, no problems after almost 100,000 miles.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:28 AM
Banned

Hello everybody, after reading your replies I want to say the following

1. I am the real customer who held his mouth shut for a long time, but after driving to a mall in upstate this weekend and for 2 house suffering in the car with my wife, because of the STUPID climate control (the only comfortable position that I found is to Shut It OFF for 15 minutes and they start again for a while.), I went here, registered and wrote my review. Everything that I wrote is UnFixable, and this is only for potential customers to see.

2. For those who gave me an advise to Sell It. I would be HAPPY to sell it, but I Leased it and for 3 fuc..ing years.

3. For those who asked me what I drove before. I drove: Dodge Intrepid, WV Passat, Nissan Maxima 2001, Maxima 2007. Never had any problem with climate control in any of those car. I am very stupid that I did not go with a new maxima, I want it to go to a Luxury level car, and try how is that.. And here you go. Now all I can do is sitting here and beac..ing about it.

4. For those who asked "if I know how to use a climate contro". - Yes I do. I went to a 2 different dealers 4 times, and they "happily" showed me. That did not change anything. When the car is taking the whole control over the climate control and you Disagree with it, what are you going to do? there is no manual override.

and may be my car is defective, but I did took it to a dealer 4 times, spent almost entire day per visit, that is total of 4 days and they did not help me. What else do you want me to do? I am 30 years old guy who wants to Cry because i am stuck with a problem that I can't even proof and everybody thing that I am crazy. Do you think it's pleasant to explain to a dealer that "I'm not stupid, the car is blowing cold air", and he is saying that the computer is saying that everything is ok. What world are we living in if we trust the computer over human bin?
Old 03-09-2010, 08:37 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Did you read https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=764173?
Old 03-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Racer

I haven't noticed any of the things you refer to (note-I don't have the nav, so I can not comment on that). The only person who ever has a hard time hearing me on the bluetooth is my dad, and he is half deaf. I have no problems with the climate control, my brake have never squeaked (had the car for over a year), and I don't hear the gas sloshing (and unlike my dad, I am not half deaf). I agree that you are nitpicking, but that is just my opinion, and we are all entitled to our own. Sorry your experience is so negative.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:21 AM
Instructor

i've yet to have ANY of these problems (but I dont have a GPS, so I can't agree/disagree on the first problem).

I dont hear the gas sloshing around
I dont have squeaky brakes
I dont have a problem with people hearing me thru the BT
I dont have a problem with the vents

good luck with your trade-in
Old 03-09-2010, 09:22 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by kristy7911
I haven't noticed any of the things you refer to (note-I don't have the nav, so I can not comment on that). The only person who ever has a hard time hearing me on the bluetooth is my dad, and he is half deaf. I have no problems with the climate control, my brake have never squeaked (had the car for over a year), and I don't hear the gas sloshing (and unlike my dad, I am not half deaf). I agree that you are nitpicking, but that is just my opinion, and we are all entitled to our own. Sorry your experience is so negative.
ding ding ding! winnnna!
Old 03-09-2010, 09:29 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Quite possibly a lemon then. Aside from the gas sloshing around issue. Seriously, the only person who would even notice that is my sister in law, cause she doesn't listen to music at all.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:02 AM
Racer

I am 30 years old guy who wants to Cry because i am stuck with a problem that I can't even proof and everybody thing that I am crazy.
Your status says you're 38...are you 30 or 38? I'm surprised the service departments that you visited put up with your complaints cuz you seem to be a little obsessive/compulsive no? Good luck!
Old 03-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Burning Brakes

Hello everybody, after reading your replies I want to say the following

1. I am the real customer who held his mouth shut for a long time, but after driving to a mall in upstate this weekend and for 2 house suffering in the car with my wife, because of the STUPID climate control (the only comfortable position that I found is to Shut It OFF for 15 minutes and they start again for a while.), I went here, registered and wrote my review. Everything that I wrote is UnFixable, and this is only for potential customers to see.

2. For those who gave me an advise to Sell It. I would be HAPPY to sell it, but I Leased it and for 3 fuc..ing years.

3. For those who asked me what I drove before. I drove: Dodge Intrepid, WV Passat, Nissan Maxima 2001, Maxima 2007. Never had any problem with climate control in any of those car. I am very stupid that I did not go with a new maxima, I want it to go to a Luxury level car, and try how is that.. And here you go. Now all I can do is sitting here and beac..ing about it.

4. For those who asked "if I know how to use a climate contro". - Yes I do. I went to a 2 different dealers 4 times, and they "happily" showed me. That did not change anything. When the car is taking the whole control over the climate control and you Disagree with it, what are you going to do? there is no manual override.

and may be my car is defective, but I did took it to a dealer 4 times, spent almost entire day per visit, that is total of 4 days and they did not help me. What else do you want me to do? I am 30 years old guy who wants to Cry because i am stuck with a problem that I can't even proof and everybody thing that I am crazy. Do you think it's pleasant to explain to a dealer that "I'm not stupid, the car is blowing cold air", and he is saying that the computer is saying that everything is ok. What world are we living in if we trust the computer over human bin?
Personally I think you're voicing your complaint wrong. You're attacking the cars integrity rather then addressing the issue. Which ( correct me if i'm wrong ) is the Climate control would not remain at a comfortable temperature for you. In 2 hours on the road, I fail to understand how you did not reach a comfortable location for your climate control in the vehicle. What does the vehicle do exactly that you feel you need to manually over ride the way the automatic system works? I've driven across country in this car 12 - 18 hours at a time and touched the ecu twice, when the sun came up, and when the sun went down. I don't understand why you would only want air going to your feet, must be a personal thing, and I don't understand the majority of your complaints.

Yes my brakes squeaked at 1000 miles, and my rotors warped at 5000 8000 10000 and 17000 miles.. I will give you the brake complaint.. Every car has something wrong, but not every car of that type has the same issue ( in most cases ) .. Dealership probably said "your ecu is working fine" because it is. They don't understand that your request for the car is beyond its capabilities. Quite frankly it sounds like your request are rather un reasonable of a fully computer operated climate control system. Any luxury car you get into, at this point anyway ( 09 + ) you're going to run into your complaint, because the car knows how to reach its desired temperature better then you. You want the air to blow a certain way, but that way won't afford the car to stay near that target temperature in which you requested. If you want wind on your feet, stick em out the window.

In 2 hours, if you could not reach a comfortable cabin temperature in your Acura TSX, I would look at you and think the same thing you feel people are thinking when you make this complaint. Only because You are requesting one thing, and complaining about another.

Move the vents so they don't blow directly on you? Seems like a simple solution, did you try that?
Old 03-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
still sounds like a 'me' problem. Not a 'we' problem.

I feel for you, but I don't. You've approached this community all wrong. I've had problems with my TSX, more frustrating and costly than your problems, but I'd come here for advice, not to vent.

If I were to give you advice, insist that the dealer take the vehicle and look at it. Take a TSX as a loaner (if possible) and see if the problem is replicated in that car. If it does, you're up a creek without a paddle. You're just going to have to live with YOUR mistake.

But seeing as how you've already rendered this car a lemon and this community as imbeciles for owning/leasing this car and loving it, I doubt this will help you. Live with your decision to lease 'the worst car that ever had'.

Last edited by CarbonGray Earl; 03-09-2010 at 11:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Acura TSX is the worst car that ever had - Review