2012 TSX Wagon - best price Mid-Atlantic region?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012 | 07:54 AM
7th Gear

2012 TSX Wagon - best price Mid-Atlantic region?

Hello everyone,

I am a recent member. This is my first post.

I am considering purchasing a 2012 TSX Wagon, (base or tech) preferably, in the DC, MD, VA area. Any advice on dealers and pricing?

Thank you!
Old 10-30-2012 | 08:05 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Go through the internet sales dept. be patient. typically pohanka in chantilly seems to give the best deal (assuming they have inventory-which they usually do, since they are a high volume dealer).

know your price and try to get as close to it as possible. i'm not sure what kind of deals are to be had on a TSX wagon right now. usually the goal is to get the price as close to invoice as possible. if it's under, then it's a really good deal. never take the first price they give you. pit the dealers against each other. i would almost say pohanka will beat the other DMV dealers prices.

i say pohanka (and in no way am i affiliated with them aside from being a customer), they don't play the stupid games, the buying process (paperwork) is pretty painless, and they dont' pressure you into buying NOW (and if they do, blame the salesman, he's either desperate or a newb). radley tends to play stupid games to bait you to go to the lot. the MD dealers are hit and miss, but they usually can't match pohanka's pricing.

in the end, go with the dealer you feel best about and giving you the best deal. good luck.
The following users liked this post:
BiffJones (10-30-2012)
Old 10-30-2012 | 01:05 PM
He was speeding, Rusty!

I bought my 2011 wagon from Radley. I started by using USAA's buying service and it was the first time since 1993 that I was unhappy with a USAA product/service. I received three responses - The MD dealer said he couldn't give me a quote and lectured me about "more to it than price"; At the time Pohanka did not have any wagons, and Al Gavri (sp?) at Radley (Bailey's crossroads) gave me a fair price over the phone. We set up an appointment picked the car we wanted and they honored the price he quoted with no games, no pressure. In addition Radley provided 4 years or 48,0000 miles worth of oil changes at no cost. I schedule the appointment, they change the oil, I leave happy. No complaints.
Adding to what TLtrigirl stated - any dealership can have a crappy salesman, if you know what you want before going in the process is much simpler. If you are wishy washy the salesman will sense weakness and go for the throat (or your wallet)...
BiffJones (10-30-2012)
Old 10-30-2012 | 01:30 PM
wagon owner

Wish i woulda been savvy enough to have them include oil changes or NO DEAL. Its either full synthetic or blended and it aint cheap at dealer. usually around 75.00.

Test drive first obviously and don't be afraid to offer BELOW invoice, say between 1,000 and 2,000 below and ask for things you want included (i got tint), like all season mats, etc.

Its a great car for a good price (which i prefer to a good car at a great price).
Stole the line from Warren Buffett who says its better to own a great company at a fair price than a fair company at a great price.
BiffJones (10-30-2012)
Old 11-01-2012 | 07:17 AM
Burning Brakes

I got mine at Pohanka in Chantilly and the OTD price was better than Radley's, although Radley did offer me the 4/48,000 free oil change deal but that's only $500-$700 in savings even if you changed your oil every 5,000 miles, the price Pohanka gave me saved me much more than that. Plus Radley is out of the way for me. The Radley sales rep also rubbed me the wrong way, getting testy when I didn't budge on my target price, whereas the guy I dealt with at Pohanka was top notch in terms of being responsive, respectful, and efficient. Obviously, it depends on who you deal with and their inventory, so just be firm but polite when negotiating and you will be fine.

PS - I do regret not buying more accessories and rolling those into the note, because my interest rate was 0.99%, but I was so set on getting the lowest price out the door. I'd much rather have added the OEM kit to the loan than pay the $700+ in cash now. So if you get a good rate, think about what you might need and add those on.

Last edited by Puppetmaster; 11-01-2012 at 07:20 AM.
BiffJones (11-01-2012)
Old 11-02-2012 | 06:23 AM
7th Gear

Price point

Thanks to all who have offered advice.

I have seen references on other thread as low as $28300 for a 2012 tech wagon. Is this a realistic goal? Any target prices for base or tech would be appreciated. Could you quote me the price you received at Pohanka? Off-line is fine.

Again, all input is much appreciated.
Old 11-02-2012 | 09:47 AM
Graphite Ghost

I will sell you my 12 Wagon Tech with 2,600 miles for 28,000.

And you can have all my mods as well as all the stock parts.

Or I can simply return it all back to stock.

You get Mobil 1 with mine

Last edited by robpp; 11-02-2012 at 09:58 AM.
BiffJones (11-02-2012)
Old 11-02-2012 | 09:56 AM
I Spit On You.

Originally Posted by BiffJones

I have seen references on other thread as low as $28300 for a 2012 tech wagon. Is this a realistic goal? Any target prices for base or tech would be appreciated. Could you quote me the price you received at Pohanka? Off-line is fine.

I saw this video on youtube many years ago (cant find it now) but It had really good information. They said Step 1.) Find many dealers on Acura's site (around your area) Step 2.) Fax them all and tell them you want to get the best deal on a TSX Wagon and your going to buy TOMORROW. Step 3.) Sit back and wait and the best two deals you get fax them back to each of the different dealerships (The competitive offers you've got just to the other dealership). Step 4.) Go buy the car, also tell them any options you want, colors too. This should get you right on the invoice or under the invoice.
BiffJones (11-02-2012)
Old 11-02-2012 | 03:08 PM
7th Gear

Smile an offer ....

Originally Posted by robpp
I will sell you my 12 Wagon Tech with 2,600 miles for 28,000.

And you can have all my mods as well as all the stock parts.

Or I can simply return it all back to stock.

You get Mobil 1 with mine
"Now that is a very appealing offer, ROBPP. The price is certainly right on target and I appreciate your consideration. Nevertheless, I need to stay a little closer to the "home office," here in the Nations Capitol."
Old 11-02-2012 | 05:07 PM
Advanced

Can I ask where you saw this price? That's amazing if true.
Old 11-02-2012 | 05:23 PM
I Spit On You.

Originally Posted by Mercedes>BMW
I saw this video on youtube many years ago (cant find it now) but It had really good information. They said Step 1.) Find many dealers on Acura's site (around your area) Step 2.) Fax them all and tell them you want to get the best deal on a TSX Wagon and your going to buy TOMORROW. Step 3.) Sit back and wait and the best two deals you get fax them back to each of the different dealerships (The competitive offers you've got just to the other dealership). Step 4.) Go buy the car, also tell them any options you want, colors too. This should get you right on the invoice or under the invoice.
Found the video! skip to like 1:30

This helped me out and It worked very well.

Old 11-02-2012 | 05:23 PM
Graphite Ghost

"Now that is a very appealing offer, ROBPP. The price is certainly right on target and I appreciate your consideration. Nevertheless, I need to stay a little closer to the "home office," here in the Nations Capitol."

transport is about $700 across the country.....

just saying. I am serious on the price but can totally understand wanting to SEE it before hand. the guys know I lost my job and havent been successful in finding a new one yet.......so its on the market but I wont let the stealer RAPE me .....when i know in a few months he'll give me the same $$$ and I will owe less.

good luck on the search and if 28,300 is a real price for a tech wagon it sounds like you arent going to do any better than that to me/
Old 11-02-2012 | 06:11 PM
wagon owner

Originally Posted by robpp
transport is about $700 across the country.....

just saying. I am serious on the price but can totally understand wanting to SEE it before hand. the guys know I lost my job and havent been successful in finding a new one yet.......so its on the market but I wont let the stealer RAPE me .....when i know in a few months he'll give me the same $$$ and I will owe less.

good luck on the search and if 28,300 is a real price for a tech wagon it sounds like you arent going to do any better than that to me
/
If that is a tech wagon its 'outstanding'. I thought invoice with tech was 33,500 or so?
Myself, I paid 32,600. back in may for a '12
Old 11-02-2012 | 06:44 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by ENAHS
Can I ask where you saw this price? That's amazing if true.
I checked the May 8 posting from FunEGuy. Turns out it was for a tech sedan from Pohanka, not a wagon. My apologies for the confusion - my newness to the forum is showing. I am not sure whether the same deal could be obtained for a wagon. Nevertheless, it seems that Pohanka has the best prices in the DC region.
Old 11-07-2012 | 03:10 PM
7th Gear

Appreciation

Thanks to everyone who has offered advice on the purchase of a TSX wagon. Your comments and advice have been enormously helpful. I will post an update when I purchase a car!