2011 infiniti G25 vs 2011 Tsx

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by HondaOnWORKS
It doesn't make it a bad car, true, but you gotta see that the G25 is a joke one way or another. You do know my pricing is correct if the G25 offered Navi right? Also, you can't keep saying the dealers will offer you a 5~6K discount, which you keep implying. 32K for a G25 the dealers are getting ripped off especially when the G25 with tax is priced at 37K. Wanna tell me why the dealer would bargain that much with you? They won't. You need to admit that the G25 is expensive, and for a car that doesn't offer Navi that cost around 35K OTD. That's a rip off. The MPG still sucks even with a 7AT. Infiniti VQ engine drinks gas so fast.

I'm gonna get keep saying this. Unless you show me proof with papers someone can get it for 31~32K I won't believe you, because no dealers would offer 5~6K bargains. They are getting ripped off if they do; you know that right?

How about you mind your own business?
The mpg does not suck, its not class leading, but its far from sucking. If you think that sucks, then the 328i and IS must suck for mpg as well since its rated simiarily.

Like I said, you have no idea what your talking about with the incentive spending that Nissan and Infiniti offers on their vehicles. For instance, my Maxima had a msrp of a little over $39k bucks, I paid just shy of $34.5k for it so don't tell me they don't give large incentives and that was when the 2010 first came out. I told you where to go and look at the prices people are paying, edmunds is a great resource for that. Since no one would have access to someone else's bill of sale, as that is what you want as a ridiculous source of proof, there is no pleasing you so I'm not going to waste my time trying to.

Keep living in your world with your hands over your eyes. That's not my problem, but your way off base on your prices that people are paying for the G25. But keep telling yourself they are paying msrp or more. Well by your narrow definition of what is expensive, then I guess a base TL is a rip off, a 3-Series is a rip off, a A4 is a rip-off, a C-Class is a rip off, and a IS is a rip off, since none of those vehicles offer a nav system at $35k OTD! Your choices seem really limited.

Did you ever think that maybe some people don't need a nav system? Of course not, your only thinking of yourself. Yeah, a nav system is nice, but hell, I've got a great sense of direction, and maybe would use a nav system once or twice a month. Its not worth the ridiculous amount of money financially these car companies, especially Acura, charges for them for people like me who rarely use it or do not want a nav system.

Well see how the G25 sales. If it sells well, it won't be able to be called a joke. Many people consider the TSX to be a joke b/c its just a rebagded Honda.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
^^^ agreed with you Smarty666 100%. Acura fanboys are still stuck in the 90s when they along with Lexus were ruling the japanese lux auto market here in the states. rule number 1 imo, never compare a fwd car to a rwd car. i admit we have a '09 Acura TL and that's my wife's car. we bought it because the deal was too good to pass up at the time. every time i drive that car, it just feels soooo sluggish because of its ancient old 5 speed auto, i explained that to my wife since it only has 5 gears, it constantly searching for the right one and hence you feel the jerkiness when accelerating on hwy. now she's noticing that too. can you imagine Acura still selling 40k+ cars with 5 speed auto? back to infiniti, i've leased a G35 coupe five years ago, it wasn't as fast as i thought it would be, but the build quality was there definitely. lol at that guy was saying the 3G TSX will be competing with the BMW 5 series.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:23 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow, well I am going to go out on a limb and say I am probably in the minority of actually having driven both the G25 and the 10 TSX. We also own a G35 sedan AND 07 TSX navi.

That having been said, obviously the G35 and the 07 cant be compared. Plain and simple totally different cars.

The G25 is much closer in comparison to the 10 TSX just because of the power. To me they drive completely different, for all the reasons pointed out earlier.

Finally, for those of you who say the G25 is stupid, I just dont understand your reasoning. Look at all the entry level luxury sedans that are currently offered by the Japanese and the Germans...C300, IS250, 328i...etc. They are all just adequately powered because most of these buyers are buying the brand. If those people wanted the power they would buy the C350, IS350, 335i...etc.

Now, my point being talk with ANY dealer who sells the above and ask them what sells. You will find out the adequately powered models account for around 80-90% (give or take a few).

Obviously, the G25 will fit into this nitch, rounding out Infiniti's product line.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by baksdak
Wow, well I am going to go out on a limb and say I am probably in the minority of actually having driven both the G25 and the 10 TSX. We also own a G35 sedan AND 07 TSX navi.

That having been said, obviously the G35 and the 07 cant be compared. Plain and simple totally different cars.

The G25 is much closer in comparison to the 10 TSX just because of the power. To me they drive completely different, for all the reasons pointed out earlier.

Finally, for those of you who say the G25 is stupid, I just dont understand your reasoning. Look at all the entry level luxury sedans that are currently offered by the Japanese and the Germans...C300, IS250, 328i...etc. They are all just adequately powered because most of these buyers are buying the brand. If those people wanted the power they would buy the C350, IS350, 335i...etc.

Now, my point being talk with ANY dealer who sells the above and ask them what sells. You will find out the adequately powered models account for around 80-90% (give or take a few).

Obviously, the G25 will fit into this nitch, rounding out Infiniti's product line.
excellent assessment!
Old 10-19-2010, 07:50 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by baksdak

You have to understand People buy Infiniti for value performance. Not because of its brand value. So there is no point in underpowered Infinti when other brands are providing similar performance and with better value.
BMW has 4 year maintianance, real world DI engine BMW 328 has much better fuel economy.
Acura/Audi/BMW/MB can sell underpowered cars for lower price point.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:42 PM
Je t'aime...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by smarty666
The mpg does not suck, its not class leading, but its far from sucking. If you think that sucks, then the 328i and IS must suck for mpg as well since its rated simiarily.

Like I said, you have no idea what your talking about with the incentive spending that Nissan and Infiniti offers on their vehicles. For instance, my Maxima had a msrp of a little over $39k bucks, I paid just shy of $34.5k for it so don't tell me they don't give large incentives and that was when the 2010 first came out. I told you where to go and look at the prices people are paying, edmunds is a great resource for that. Since no one would have access to someone else's bill of sale, as that is what you want as a ridiculous source of proof, there is no pleasing you so I'm not going to waste my time trying to.

Keep living in your world with your hands over your eyes. That's not my problem, but your way off base on your prices that people are paying for the G25. But keep telling yourself they are paying msrp or more. Well by your narrow definition of what is expensive, then I guess a base TL is a rip off, a 3-Series is a rip off, a A4 is a rip-off, a C-Class is a rip off, and a IS is a rip off, since none of those vehicles offer a nav system at $35k OTD! Your choices seem really limited.

Did you ever think that maybe some people don't need a nav system? Of course not, your only thinking of yourself. Yeah, a nav system is nice, but hell, I've got a great sense of direction, and maybe would use a nav system once or twice a month. Its not worth the ridiculous amount of money financially these car companies, especially Acura, charges for them for people like me who rarely use it or do not want a nav system.

Well see how the G25 sales. If it sells well, it won't be able to be called a joke. Many people consider the TSX to be a joke b/c its just a rebagded Honda.
Again, I don't believe you got a 5K discount at your Nissan dealership. A dealer would be stupid to offer such a bargain. Its a fact dealers never go that low, no matter what. Dealers make money off profit, and if they offer low, they get low profit, simple. They will offer you a reasonable price, but at the same time still profit pretty good off of you. You telling me you got a 5K discount from Nissan? That can be the dumbest thing anyone can hear. I would like to see who sold you the car, because hes clearly an idiot, if he did offer 5K discount. Yeah, apparently, the 328i is a rip off, because it cost about 40K for almost everything you can get from a TSX, and the TSX performs better. Same goes for the IS250, because the IS250 is a soft piece of shat. You keep saying the G25 can be sold for 32~31K, and I will never believe you until you show me proof it goes that low, because its not believable for anyone that you can get a 5K discount. Again, it still doesn't matter if the G25 goes for 32~31K, because a TSX would hold its value better for the price, heck the TSX can even be cheaper. The TSX offers more than the G25 for cheaper. Like SSFTSX has mentioned, most Infiniti buyers buy the car for performance. They want performance, and while I have to agree for around 42~45K for what the G can do is good value, because for that price you can't get a Benz, Lexus, Audi, or Acura to do the same #s. Even though, it doesn't make Infiniti a good brand. There prices are still a rip off, because you are paying too much for an "Infiniti". If I were to pay 40K+ I'll look BMW or Benz, like most people.

AGAIN, can you stop your really really RETARDED comment about how TSX is a re-badged Honda? Because you sound more STUPID every time you say it. Why? The G Sedan is a re-badged Nissan, idiot. I tried to be civil with you, but I can't keep myself from calling you an idiot, because you are one for saying it. Lexus is a re-badged Toyota. Rolls-Royce is a re-badged BMW. Porsche is a re-badged VW. If a company is partner with another company or if they are the same company. They are going to SHARE equipment, designs, technology, so making the two cars that come out of two companies similar. You saying the TSX is a re-badged Honda while not saying Infiniti G is a re-badged Nissan makes you bias towards Infiniti....

Originally Posted by kevTL888
^^^ agreed with you Smarty666 100%. Acura fanboys are still stuck in the 90s when they along with Lexus were ruling the japanese lux auto market here in the states. rule number 1 imo, never compare a fwd car to a rwd car. i admit we have a '09 Acura TL and that's my wife's car. we bought it because the deal was too good to pass up at the time. every time i drive that car, it just feels soooo sluggish because of its ancient old 5 speed auto, i explained that to my wife since it only has 5 gears, it constantly searching for the right one and hence you feel the jerkiness when accelerating on hwy. now she's noticing that too. can you imagine Acura still selling 40k+ cars with 5 speed auto? back to infiniti, i've leased a G35 coupe five years ago, it wasn't as fast as i thought it would be, but the build quality was there definitely. lol at that guy was saying the 3G TSX will be competing with the BMW 5 series.
If you are implying I'm an Acura Fan boy. You don't know me, because I'm a BMW Fan boy. If we argued about BMW, you wouldn't be here anymore. Fact.

I would like to add something. You keep saying the TSX needs a 6AT or 7AT, well it doesn't need one, because the MPG is good w/o it. Also, the 6AT or 7AT doesn't improve performance, only MPG. Unless you are taking about 6spd manual, then you can change gear ratios, but who changes gear ratios on an Auto? No one.

If having a 6AT or 7AT is useless, but to improve MPG, and the TSX doesn't need it. Then why offer it? Its like having a feature you don't really need.

Last edited by HondaOnWORKS; 10-19-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:47 PM
Je t'aime...

Originally Posted by SSFTSX
You have to understand People buy Infiniti for value performance. Not because of its brand value. So there is no point in underpowered Infinti when other brands are providing similar performance and with better value.
BMW has 4 year maintianance, real world DI engine BMW 328 has much better fuel economy.
Acura/Audi/BMW/MB can sell underpowered cars for lower price point.
I agree with you. Infiniti G25 is no point in buying when Infiniti's main selling power is the powerful VQ engine. When other companies offer better or similar performance to the G25 no one will look at the G25.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

I agree with you. Infiniti G25 is no point in buying when Infiniti's main selling power is the powerful VQ engine. When other companies offer better or similar performance to the G25 no one will look at the G25.
Keep living in your Acura fanboy la la land! Ignorance is bliss I guess!
Old 10-20-2010, 09:08 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
According to him he is a spoiled BMW fanboy who hates Hyundais but probably never owned one of them.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Let's keep it civil here, everyone.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Are you trying to say that your posts are actually a "public service" to all the ignorant Acura owners out there? I had no idea that you were such a prophet...
Old 10-20-2010, 03:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Colin
Are you trying to say that your posts are actually a "public service" to all the ignorant Acura owners out there? I had no idea that you were such a prophet...
Now, let's not make something out of nothing by what I said and I was directing that specifically to him. I find it funny how he can sit there and tell me that I didn't get the discount on the car I'm telling him I got and what other's have begun stating they got a G25 for. What would you call that? I'm not going to change his mind that Infiniti is a bad/evil company. I personally could care less if someone doesn't like Infiniti, that's his opinion and he's more than entitled to it.

But to give inaccurate and false information, namely in the realm of prices, OTD prices, incentives, feature content, etc I'm going to call someone out on when they state information that is not correct, especially when I know personally it is not right.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:31 PM
Je t'aime...

I'm actually a BMW fan boy.

Originally Posted by nj2pa2nc
According to him he is a spoiled BMW fanboy who hates Hyundais but probably never owned one of them.
Yeah, I never owned a Hyundai, because I never would want a Hyundai. My dad had one when he was young, and he never liked Hyundai. My dad thinks Hyundais are a joke, and probably one of the worst car brands out. Granted, Hyundai are cheap, but you telling me people would want Hyunda is beyond me. I think no one would want a Hyundai unless they have no other choice. They can buy a better car that cost more, but they don't because of price issues. Ask yourself, who would really want a Hyundai Genesis Sedan over a BMW 5 series or Mercedes Benz E class? No one, because its logical to want the better car. Like the Hyundai Genesis Coupe, because when they released it, people claimed its the "G Killer". Now ask yourself, would you rather have a Genesis Coupe V6 or G37 Coupe? Even though, I dislike the G, because of numerous reasons (not saying its bad car, but the G25 is a joke, honestly) I will still take a G37 coupe over the Genesis Coupe V6. Maybe its because of the environment I was raised in that affected me to see that Hyundai isn't good, just maybe. Honestly, I rather have a Honda Civic than a Hyundai anything. Honda Civic is a really good car for everyday use. Personally, I just think "I drive a Honda" sounds really amazing compared to if you said "I drive a Hyundai".

Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
Let's keep it civil here, everyone.
We are keeping it civil; just having a little fun =)

Now, let's not make something out of nothing by what I said and I was directing that specifically to him. I find it funny how he can sit there and tell me that I didn't get the discount on the car I'm telling him I got and what other's have begun stating they got a G25 for. What would you call that? I'm not going to change his mind that Infiniti is a bad/evil company. I personally could care less if someone doesn't like Infiniti, that's his opinion and he's more than entitled to it.

But to give inaccurate and false information, namely in the realm of prices, OTD prices, incentives, feature content, etc I'm going to call someone out on when they state information that is not correct, especially when I know personally it is not right.
Actually, I was giving false information. Like I said few comments ago; I said, I was wrong about the G25 not offering the Navi, because I didn't know that til I looked up. I also stated that if they did offer navi and other packages my FACTS and PREDICTIONS are CORRECT. How you telling me my information is false when its hard to believe anyone got a 5K discount at a dealership. Dealers make money off profit. Them selling a 40K sticker Maxima for about 34~35K makes them get ripped off. Why would a dealer rip themselves off so you will buy a car? I never heard of anyone getting that low of a bargain. That's my personal experience, and if you want to keep yapping about how you get a 5K discount then go ahead. I'm just saying I won't believe it til you show me proof, because its hard to believe to get that big of a bargain.

Did I never say Infiniti is a EVIL/Bad company? No. I said the G25 is a joke, and there are better options out there. Also, I said the G37 sedan is too expensive, and there are cheaper cars out there that offers the same with better brand, and etc.... just less performance. Apparently, its obvious, most G buyers only buy G for the performance. Granted, I admit, it is cheap for the performance figures, but for someone that don't want really care for performance or they want a car as a daily driver w/o that much performance. They will look else where considering the price. Infinitis are expensive, and since the G25 doesn't offer much, it makes it logical that buyers will look else where for nearly the same price and get more for the money. Considering that the V6 TSX is almost the same price as the G25.

Again, I just wanna make it clear I didn't once say Infiniti was bad. I mostly implied Infiniti is below Acura, and the G25 is a joke while the G37 is expensive. That's all. You can believe that Infiniti is better for Acura for all I care, but facts reminds as facts that Acura sells more vehicles than Infiniti. All automotive magazines label Honda/Acura as the #2 company out of Japan following Toyota/Lexus. I don't have to prove anything. You saying Infiniti is better, because of the stuff it offers and power don't mean the OVERALL car is good.

Last edited by HondaOnWORKS; 10-20-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:33 PM
Je t'aime...

Originally Posted by Colin
He is a prophet. We all must respect him!
Old 10-20-2010, 09:49 PM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Please someone close this thread, it is no longer of any use.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
Please someone close this thread, it is no longer of any use.
yes agreed! there is no more point to it; the G25 is a piece of trash and the TSX is God's gift to man!
Old 10-20-2010, 10:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

How you telling me my information is false when its hard to believe anyone got a 5K discount at a dealership. Dealers make money off profit. Them selling a 40K sticker Maxima for about 34~35K makes them get ripped off. Why would a dealer rip themselves off so you will buy a car? I never heard of anyone getting that low of a bargain. That's my personal experience, and if you want to keep yapping about how you get a 5K discount then go ahead. I'm just saying I won't believe it til you show me proof, because its hard to believe to get that big of a bargain.

Again, I just wanna make it clear I didn't once say Infiniti was bad. I mostly implied Infiniti is below Acura, and the G25 is a joke while the G37 is expensive. That's all. You can believe that Infiniti is better for Acura for all I care, but facts reminds as facts that Acura sells more vehicles than Infiniti. All automotive magazines label Honda/Acura as the #2 company out of Japan following Toyota/Lexus. I don't have to prove anything. You saying Infiniti is better, because of the stuff it offers and power don't mean the OVERALL car is good.
Like I said earlier, the proof is in what I and other people report on edmunds and other sites as to what we paid OTD for our vehicles. I'm sorry I can't post my bill of sale but the proof is exactly on it. You don't realize these car's are marked up that much, not just Nissan/Infiniti do this but BMW, Acura, MB, Audi, etc. The dealer did not get ripped off. They made several hundred dollars on the deal since the dealer invoice I got off of 3 different websites I had before hand has it in the high $33k. You probably won't believe that either but I frankly don't care.

I implied Acura is below Infiniti. Mainly b/c of their lack of of sport and model offerings compared to not just Infiniti, but Audi, BMW, and the other luxury makes. The G37 is no joke and sells a heck of a lot better than the TL does now so the joke is no Acura for their 4G TL screw up. I've read time and time again in car mags that its one of the best bang for the buck value for a sports sedan so this idea that it is real expensive is just absurd. That's probably why Acura is rushing the 2012 MMC update 6 months earlier b/c they are desperate to help that car. Yeah, that really shows a car company that's great that their previous bread and butter vehicle is selling less than half of what it did just 2 years ago. Show me proof that selling 2-3k more units a month means a car company is better than another? It's not, only in your world it is. It doesn't prove nothing. Nobody here in the US gives a rat's butt what the ranking and market is like in Japan. Last time I checked, we didn't have a big red dot in the middle of our flag so nobody cares.

People are just jealous of the progress and improvement Infiniti has made relative to Acura's practically stagnate production run and lack of offerings and behind the time transmission offerings.

If we follow your logic then MB, Lexus, BMW, Cadillac, and Buick are all better than Acura since they sell more vehicles each year than Acura does

Last edited by smarty666; 10-20-2010 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:07 PM
Je t'aime...

Like I said earlier, the proof is in what I and other people report on edmunds and other sites as to what we paid OTD for our vehicles. I'm sorry I can't post my bill of sale but the proof is exactly on it. You don't realize these car's are marked up that much, not just Nissan/Infiniti do this but BMW, Acura, MB, Audi, etc. The dealer did not get ripped off. They made several hundred dollars on the deal since the dealer invoice I got off of 3 different websites I had before hand has it in the high $33k. You probably won't believe that either but I frankly don't care.

I implied Acura is below Infiniti. Mainly b/c of their lack of of sport and model offerings compared to not just Infiniti, but Audi, BMW, and the other luxury makes. The G37 is no joke and sells a heck of a lot better than the TL does now so the joke is no Acura for their 4G TL screw up. I've read time and time again in car mags that its one of the best bang for the buck value for a sports sedan so this idea that it is real expensive is just absurd. That's probably why Acura is rushing the 2012 MMC update 6 months earlier b/c they are desperate to help that car. Yeah, that really shows a car company that's great that their previous bread and butter vehicle is selling less than half of what it did just 2 years ago. Show me proof that selling 2-3k more units a month means a car company is better than another? It's not, only in your world it is. It doesn't prove nothing. Nobody here in the US gives a rat's butt what the ranking and market is like in Japan. Last time I checked, we didn't have a big red dot in the middle of our flag so nobody cares.

People are just jealous of the progress and improvement Infiniti has made relative to Acura's practically stagnate production run and lack of offerings and behind the time transmission offerings.

If we follow your logic then MB, Lexus, BMW, Cadillac, and Buick are all better than Acura since they sell more vehicles each year than Acura does
Actually, Mercedes Benz, Lexus, BMW are better than Acura. I did say Lexus is the #1 company out of Japan with Toyota? Yeah? That implies that Toyota/Lexus are better than Honda/Acura? Yeah.

I'm actually done arguing with a bias retard, I'm sorry. I got homework, but if you don't have work or whatever the heck that is you do, feel free to post.

I'm sorry, but offering sports and more models don't make a company "better". Your argument was irrelevant to that point. Toyota learned the hard way when they tried to go big, and messed up in quality... Going big don't mean good, and offering sports don't mean its good. Different company has different aims, and the funny thing is Acura is doing better than Infiniti with less cars and sports models. I never said the new TL sucked or good. That's your opinion, and we aren't even talking about the TL. The more you post, the more you come off bias towards Infiniti. I knew you were pro-Infiniti from the start. You kept defending Infiniti with several arguments with other posters. As for me, I don't know why I joined in the argument.

Do you even think twice before posting harsh comments toward Acura when you are on an Acura forum? I think there are few posters like you that actually come here to promote Infiniti. You don't see me promoting BMW and bash Acura? Keep replying, because the # stands that Honda/Acura is #2. I can care less about your opinions. Me talking to you was just for fun, and a college student's typical procrastination from doing homework.

It was nice talking to you though, my bias buddy.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts
Moderator, I think this thread is done. Kindly lock at your earliest convenience.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:27 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by 09TSXTech
Moderator, I think this thread is done. Kindly lock at your earliest convenience.
I agree-there is also other threads that need to be closed
Old 10-21-2010, 10:01 AM
Three Wheelin'

Do you even think twice before posting harsh comments toward Acura when you are on an Acura forum? I think there are few posters like you that actually come here to promote Infiniti. You don't see me promoting BMW and bash Acura? Keep replying, because the # stands that Honda/Acura is #2. I can care less about your opinions. Me talking to you was just for fun, and a college student's typical procrastination from doing homework.

It was nice talking to you though, my bias buddy.
I guess you missed the part many posts ago when I said the TSX I4 is the better value compared to the G25 and I would chose the TSX over the G25 and how I did not think it was smart of Infiniti to not offer a manual and the nav system in the G25 and how I was not happy with the mediocre mpg improvement between the G37 and G25 and the price of the G25 being a little bit too high in my estimation ! Yeap, I'm completely pro-Infiniti.

I would have been more happy with the G25 had it had a 21/30mpg rating, cost 32-34k with a manual and nav system but its not so it is what it is. That doesn't mean it does not have value to many buyers, especially ones that want to get their foot into the entry-level lux segment.

By the way, if you think harsh and criticizing comments about Acura are not suppose to be here then you'd better never go over and visit the automotive news threads b/c that is all that is discuss there about why and what Acura needs to do to fix, improve, and change their luxury reputation and status around b/c it isn't what it was back in the early 2000's and 1990's. Doesn't mean they are a terrible company, just means there is room for improvement and not everything is perfect.

Last edited by smarty666; 10-21-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:22 AM
2010 TL AWD 6MT: New King

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts
Old 10-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
I would have been more happy with the G25 had it had a 21/30mpg rating, cost 32-34k with a manual and nav system but its not so it is what it is. That doesn't mean it does not have value to many buyers, especially ones that want to get their foot into the entry-level lux segment.
21/30 mpg is TSX 5speed Auto fuel economy based on late 2007 technology.
6MT is 20/28. but TSX handily beats this fuel mpg in long term tests. C&D got 26mpg on 6MT. 5speed Auto will be closer to 28mpg combined.
and with 2011 upgrade fuel economy will be closer to 29mpg combined for 5speed Auto.
G25 should be looking at 24/35mpg with 30mpg combined with 7speed Auto for 2011 model year as it is narrow car than wider stance of TSX.
I can pretty much bet on if TSX got 6speed auto it will get 30mpg combine. and if u add DI engine tech. it will be 32mpg combined witht upto 40mpg on freeway with no problem. This just show how pathetic is Infiniti.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:49 AM
2nd Gear

According to infiniti site, the G25 only has 20/29 mpg.