2011 infiniti G25 vs 2011 Tsx

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw an internet review of the G sedan where they commented on the overall length being longer but with overall width being narrower than its competitors, producing a tight interior fit in the rear and the driver seat. A taller driver may find that the sloping side window rubs against the head.

Here's the YouTube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdwIMfS0TMU
Old 10-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocket_man
The 2011 G's are now on the web site and you can configure the G25. There is a base, Journey, and all-wheel drive. BUT... you CAN'T get the Navi option on ANY G25. That is a deal breaker. I guess they keep the cost of the G25 down by not selling any options other than a moonroof. The 7" display is there but no option to add Nav. So if you want Navi you have to step up to the G37. The G25 Journey with Moonroof is most similar in features to the TSX non-tech. The Journey+moonroof MSRP is $34,225.

Well this is a non-starter for me. Very dissappointing Infiniti.

Oh and no MT version....

http://www.infinitiusa.com/g_sedan/
I guess the early estimates of a 'high 30's" G25 were only averted by NOT offering all the option packages on the G37. With Navi (and whatever they bundle with it) I could see this hitting 37-38K
Old 10-05-2010, 04:56 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by smarty666
I haven't heard of any increases or changes to the TSX in mpg for 2011. If anything, you would not see anything like that till the 2012 MMC for the TSX.
I agree that the TSX I4 with tech at about $32k is more bang for your buck then a loaded G25x WHICH IS ABOUT $34k but the TSX in its V6 verison would not be which tops out at $37-39k bucks which is way more than a G25 and does not match mpg of the RWD version of the G25.
If TSX wagon got 30mpg. I am expecting TSX sedan bumped alittle bit for 2011.
Once TSX got 6speed. it will simply blow away lower tier brands like Infiniti.
I am expecting 35mpg from V6/6AT TSX. and 38mpg on I4/6AT TSX. that without even implementing DI engines from Next generation Honda that is coming after 2012. V6 TSX NVH level should be closer to BMW 7/Lexus LS.
V6 TSX non-tech is still competitive at $35K. you get 18inch standard rim/tires instead of 17inch on G25. pretty similar real world fuel economy with better performance.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SSFTSX
If TSX wagon got 30mpg. I am expecting TSX sedan bumped alittle bit for 2011.
Once TSX got 6speed. it will simply blow away lower tier brands like Infiniti.
I am expecting 35mpg from V6/6AT TSX. and 38mpg on I4/6AT TSX. that without even implementing DI engines from Next generation Honda that is coming after 2012. V6 TSX NVH level should be closer to BMW 7/Lexus LS.
V6 TSX non-tech is still competitive at $35K. you get 18inch standard rim/tires instead of 17inch on G25. pretty similar real world fuel economy with better performance.
Infiniti is a higher tier brand than Acura currently sorry
First off, the TSX is not getting 6spd AT for 2011 as far as I know so will not be getting that until 2012 at earliest just like the 2011 TL did not get the 6spd AT and won't till the 2012 model.

There is not going to be a bump like that in mpg even with the 6spg auto. Even the Honda Accord with the improved mpg for 2011 is not getting that in both the I4 or V6 and that is with 268HP.

A V6 TSX with or without tech is more a competitor to the G37 in price, engine, and features then the G25 since a loaded G25 tops out in price at $34k and some change. Lets not get into apples to orange comparisons.

G25 is a competitor to a TSX I4 and G37 competitor is a competitor to TSX V6. Let's not forget, the 2G TSX is a tweener car right now in Acura's shift upmarket. The 3G TSX is going to compete exclusively with the G37 and they are suppose to have a new entry-level model that would compete with the G25.

Another fact your incorrect about as usual is the G25 RWD fuel economy is 20/29mpg where a FWD TSX V6 is 18/27mpg so the V6 TSX is not similar real world fuel economy over a G25. But again, its apples to orange comparison. Compare the V6 TSX to its proper G37 competitor.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Safety Car

First off, the TSX is not getting 6spd AT for 2011 as far as I know so will not be getting that until 2012 at earliest just like the 2011 TL did not get the 6spd AT and won't till the 2012 model.
I said when TSX gets 6AT its fuel economy will be much better than 7speed infinti.
There is not going to be a bump like that in mpg even with the 6spg auto. Even the Honda Accord with the improved mpg for 2011 is not getting that in both the I4 or V6 and that is with 268HP.
Check Honda Odyssey fuel MPG with 6AT. Add 25% for sedan.

A V6 TSX with or without tech is more a competitor to the G37 in price, engine, and features then the G25 since a loaded G25 tops out in price at $34k and some change. Lets not get into apples to orange comparisons.
Loaded G25 does not have standard 18inch rims like standard TSX. so both are essentially at same price for Non-Tech models.
G25 is a competitor to a TSX I4 and G37 competitor is a competitor to TSX V6. Let's not forget, the 2G TSX is a tweener car right now in Acura's shift upmarket. The 3G TSX is going to compete exclusively with the G37 and they are suppose to have a new entry-level model that would compete with the G25.
G25 is not competitor to TSX I4. It is much down market car.
3G TSX will compete with BMW 5 series.
Another fact your incorrect about as usual is the G25 RWD fuel economy is 20/29mpg where a FWD TSX V6 is 18/27mpg so the V6 TSX is not similar real world fuel economy over a G25. But again, its apples to orange comparison. Compare the V6 TSX to its proper G37 competitor.
You cannot compare lower tier brand like Infinit with Acura in fuel economy in real driving condition. Acura consistently beat EPA mileage in most magazine tests while Infiniti is under performer.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

I said when TSX gets 6AT its fuel economy will be much better than 7speed infinti.

Check Honda Odyssey fuel MPG with 6AT. Add 25% for sedan.

Loaded G25 does not have standard 18inch rims like standard TSX. so both are essentially at same price for Non-Tech models.

G25 is not competitor to TSX I4. It is much down market car.
3G TSX will compete with BMW 5 series.

You cannot compare lower tier brand like Infinit with Acura in fuel economy in real driving condition. Acura consistently beat EPA mileage in most magazine tests while Infiniti is under performer.
Loaded TSX I4 does not have standard 18inch rims like a standard TSX V6. so both are not essentially at same price for G25 models.

G25 is a competitor to the TSX I4. TSX I4 is a much more downmarket car from the G25. 3G TSX will compete with BMW 3-Series.

You can not compare lower tier brand like Acura with Infiniti in fuel economy in real driving conditions. Infiniti consistently beat EPA mileage in most magazine tests while Acura is under performer.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:42 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

G25 is a competitor to the TSX I4. TSX I4 is a much more downmarket car from the G25. 3G TSX will compete with BMW 3-Series.
Its in the exact same market. The G25 is built to be direct competitor for IS250/TSX I4/A4/9-3.

TSX V6 is already comparable to 3 series.

You can not compare lower tier brand like Acura with Infiniti in fuel economy in real driving conditions. Infiniti consistently beat EPA mileage in most magazine tests while Acura is under performer.
You have it backwards. Infiniti motors tend to be more thirsty than most other competitors. Especially the V6 since it is so high strung. People consistently complain about the mileage on G/Max/Altima/Z forums (pre CVT models). Im surprised YOU would say that since you already have an FX and Max.

Also note that Acura with beaks still outsell Infiniti by a large margin on a regular basis, so which is the lower tier brand? lol
Old 10-06-2010, 01:33 AM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
like everyone saids...avoid 1st year models...

HOWEVER... since it will be a 1st year model, you might be able to get some aftermarket companies to use your car for development, might get some freebies that way... doesn't really offset the whole thing, but just an idea...besides your 1st year car issues should be covered under warranty...
Old 10-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Shift_Acura
Its in the exact same market. The G25 is built to be direct competitor for IS250/TSX I4/A4/9-3.

TSX V6 is already comparable to 3 series.

You have it backwards. Infiniti motors tend to be more thirsty than most other competitors. Especially the V6 since it is so high strung. People consistently complain about the mileage on G/Max/Altima/Z forums (pre CVT models). Im surprised YOU would say that since you already have an FX and Max.

Also note that Acura with beaks still outsell Infiniti by a large margin on a regular basis, so which is the lower tier brand? lol
Dude, I was being sarcastic. Sorry I didn't put that post in all red letters but I was trying to be a smartass with him b/c his claims are baseless.

I can tell you one thing after having a FX and Maxima, they get great gas mileage, much better then epa estimates despite having all that HP and torque so its possible to get great fuel economy out of a Nissan or Infiniti, most people don't try to though, that is the problem since they are more sport inclined vehicles and test drivers and some owners tend to push them more.

By the way, Acura does not outsell Infiniti by a huge margin. For instance, Infiniti sold 8,305 units last month where Acura sold 10,720. They only sold about 2500 more than Infiniti and that has hold pretty consistent over many months. I don't consider that to be a huge sales difference in the grand scheme of what MB, BMW, and Lexus are selling in comparison. Plus, if the G25 sells well, Infiniti might be able to come extremely close and/or even match Acura's monthly sales. Remember, they have not had a proper a TSX or IS competitor till now so Acura/Lexus has had an advantage over them in that regard.

Last edited by smarty666; 10-06-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Thats a pretty big margin considering Acura doesnt have a competitor to the M or the QX or a coupe/convertible. And ofcourse they dont have RWD/V8. So in theory Acura should be trying to catch up to Infiniti in terms of having competitors in each market segment.

And I have no idea how you get good gas mileage in your Max and FX lol...how does it compare to your TL?
Old 10-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Burning Brakes

BTW the reason I thought you were serious is because Infiniti might soon make Acura look like a Low tier brand. They are seriously going after BMW, just look at the IPL and new M56. Acura is not doing ANYTHING exciting lately and IMO that will begin to show in sales.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Safety Car

Loaded TSX I4 does not have standard 18inch rims like a standard TSX V6. so both are not essentially at same price for G25 models.

TSX I4 has integrated Voice control navigation system. these things arent cheap.
G25 lacks this feature. It is a down market car. I am prett sure Acura I4 will outlast V6 G25. and on fuel economy i am expecting 5mpg difference betwee 5speed auto TSX and 7speed G25.
as 6MT G35 got only 22mpg on C&D long term while TSX 6MT got 26mpg. 5speed auto TSX is more efficient than 6MT TSX. but you cannot say the same about 6MT vs 7speed G37.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...service_page_2
Old 10-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thats a pretty big margin considering Acura doesnt have a competitor to the M or the QX or a coupe/convertible. And ofcourse they dont have RWD/V8. So in theory Acura should be trying to catch up to Infiniti in terms of having competitors in each market segment.

And I have no idea how you get good gas mileage in your Max and FX lol...how does it compare to your TL?
I'll tell you I'm really impressed with my Max. It has to be b/c of the CVT but that thing is getting the same and sometimes better mpg than my 3G TL and it has almost 30 more hp and torque then my TL which is crazy.

The FX, especially at first, was much harder to get good mpg out of it but by switching over to Shell Premium, using cruise control when I can, and watching how much I try and race/gun the acceleration, I've gotten her up to consistent 21mpg avgs and I been up as high as 23 and 24mpgs with long road trips and more extensive highway travel. Not bad for a big bulky cross-over and a 24 gallon tank if you ask me.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

TSX I4 has integrated Voice control navigation system. these things arent cheap.
G25 lacks this feature. It is a down market car. I am prett sure Acura I4 will outlast V6 G25. and on fuel economy i am expecting 5mpg difference betwee 5speed auto TSX and 7speed G25.
as 6MT G35 got only 22mpg on C&D long term while TSX 6MT got 26mpg. 5speed auto TSX is more efficient than 6MT TSX. but you cannot say the same about 6MT vs 7speed G37.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...service_page_2
G25 has electronically controlled 7spd AT with adaptive shift control and driver sport mode, RWD standard, AWD option, better turning diameter, more interior head + legroom, bi-xenon headlights, intelligent key standard, rear windows auto up/down, 8 way power front passenger seat. these things aren't cheap. TSX lacks these features. It is down market car. I am pretty sure Infiniti G25 will outlast TSX V6. and on fuel economy i am expecting 5 mpg difference betwee 7speed auto G25 and 5speed TSX due to more efficient 7spd vs antiquated 5spd and fact Infiniti mpg has been rising 1 mpg each model year. 7speed auto G37 is more efficient then 6MT G37 but you cannot say the same about 6MT vs 5speed TSX.

mpg difference b
Old 10-07-2010, 07:36 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So this means that g25 wil be sold for one year on the current bodystle?
Then it will get a body style ...
I would like to buy one are the discounts for g as steep as Acura?
Would not discounts be a lot less with the new body change?
Old 10-07-2010, 08:54 AM
Safety Car

G25 has electronically controlled 7spd AT with adaptive shift control and driver sport mode, RWD standard, AWD option, better turning diameter, more interior head + legroom, bi-xenon headlights, intelligent key standard, rear windows auto up/down, 8 way power front passenger seat. these things aren't cheap. TSX lacks these features. It is down market car. I am pretty sure Infiniti G25 will outlast TSX V6. and on fuel economy i am expecting 5 mpg difference betwee 7speed auto G25 and 5speed TSX due to more efficient 7spd vs antiquated 5spd and fact Infiniti mpg has been rising 1 mpg each model year. 7speed auto G37 is more efficient then 6MT G37 but you cannot say the same about 6MT vs 5speed TSX.

mpg difference b
G25 7speed auto is completely useless. 2011 Honda Accord V6 gets 30mpg with 5speed Auto. and that is much larger, wider car with 270 bhp.
Once TSX gets MMC. you wont even discuss fuel economy figures.
G25 will not outlast TSX. It is built by company that is known for cheapness, cost cutting and long term bankruptcy.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:38 PM
Cruisin'

will the 2012 be the last year for the bodystyle and will both the g25, and g37 be residegned for 2013?
Old 10-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

G25 7speed auto is completely useless. 2011 Honda Accord V6 gets 30mpg with 5speed Auto. and that is much larger, wider car with 270 bhp.
Once TSX gets MMC. you wont even discuss fuel economy figures.
G25 will not outlast TSX. It is built by company that is known for cheapness, cost cutting and long term bankruptcy.
TSX 5spd is completely useless and outdated. 2011 Hyundai Sonata Turbo gets 34mpg with 6speed Auto. and that is much larger, wider car with 274 bhp and I4. Once G25 gets MMC or redesign. you wont even discuss fuel economy figures. TSX will not outlast TSX. It is built by company that is known for rebadging, lack of RWD or V8, poor selling flagship sedan, and current stagflation.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by vincentye4
will the 2012 be the last year for the bodystyle and will both the g25, and g37 be residegned for 2013?
Well I'm not sure b/c Infiniti is still mum about the next gen G but the rumor across the internet is that 2011 should be last for this generation. Since right now, the G25 is the exact body style as the G37, its safe to assume that if it sells well and Infiniti decides to keep it, then it should be redesigned along with the G37.

1st Generation G: 2003-2006
2nd Generation G: 2007-2011
3rd Generation G: 2012- ???

There is the possiblity that it could be prolonged another year due to the partnership of Nissan/Infiniti with Diamler/MB since they are to be cross collaborating on engine designs and other matters. I hope they don't get rid of the VQ engine but supposedly, MB is to be giving engines to Infiniti, the first of which is to be seen in the next generation G.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Cruisin'

Oh. I would like to get a g25 and perfer this bodystyle. it would be a 1.5 years before I would like to purchase one. BUT by then , 3 series, and IS would also be redesigned..so the decision would be different by then...
I think Infiniti VQ are much smoother in general and MB engines....?
But the TSX is much cheaper which is why we are on this forum haha
Well I'm not sure b/c Infiniti is still mum about the next gen G but the rumor across the internet is that 2011 should be last for this generation. Since right now, the G25 is the exact body style as the G37, its safe to assume that if it sells well and Infiniti decides to keep it, then it should be redesigned along with the G37.

1st Generation G: 2003-2006
2nd Generation G: 2007-2011
3rd Generation G: 2012- ???

There is the possiblity that it could be prolonged another year due to the partnership of Nissan/Infiniti with Diamler/MB since they are to be cross collaborating on engine designs and other matters. I hope they don't get rid of the VQ engine but supposedly, MB is to be giving engines to Infiniti, the first of which is to be seen in the next generation G.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Safety Car

TSX 5spd is completely useless and outdated. 2011 Hyundai Sonata Turbo gets 34mpg with 6speed Auto. and that is much larger, wider car with 274 bhp and I4. Once G25 gets MMC or redesign. you wont even discuss fuel economy figures. TSX will not outlast TSX. It is built by company that is known for rebadging, lack of RWD or V8, poor selling flagship sedan, and current stagflation.
Even standard Sonata doenot get 34mpg in real world test.
In all real world tests. Honda Accord Pre-MMC has beaten or equal to standard Sonata.
Sonata turbo will be gas guzzler unless you drive like grandma.
Only Honda alone can defeat EPA figures in real world tests.
G25 is already a failure with 7speed in fuel economy. It is not going to get better. The car is too narrrow for premium brand and lack even basic convenience features.
there is 2008 5speed G35 comparision on Motortrend. The car got only 18mpg. even worse than 5speed auto SH-AWD TL. Infiniti engine refinement/fuel economy/build quality is simply pathetic.
It should not hide behind its light weight, narrow size and 7speeds.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Even standard Sonata doenot get 34mpg in real world test.
In all real world tests. Honda Accord Pre-MMC has beaten or equal to standard Sonata.
Sonata turbo will be gas guzzler unless you drive like grandma.
Only Honda alone can defeat EPA figures in real world tests.
G25 is already a failure with 7speed in fuel economy. It is not going to get better. The car is too narrrow for premium brand and lack even basic convenience features.
there is 2008 5speed G35 comparision on Motortrend. The car got only 18mpg. even worse than 5speed auto SH-AWD TL. Infiniti engine refinement/fuel economy/build quality is simply pathetic.
It should not hide behind its light weight, narrow size and 7speeds.
Even standard Accord does not get 30mpg in real world test. In all real world tests. Hyundai Sonata pre 2011 has beaten or equal to standard Accord. Accord V6 will be gas guzzler unless you drive like Grandma. Only Hyundai alone can defeat EPA figures in real world tests. TSX V6 is already a failure with antiquated/inefficient 5spd in fuel economy and same price as TL. It is not going to get better. The car is too wide/unrefined ride for premium brand and lacks many basic convenience features. there is a 2009 5spd TL- AWD on Car and Driver. The car got 19mpg. matching G37 sport 19mpg by Car and Driver with much bigger engine, sport wheels, and displacement then pitiful TL. Acura engine refinement/lack of offerings/rattle filled build quality is simply pathetic.

It should not hide behind its ugly appearances, lack of sport offerings, and antiquated 5spds
Old 10-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Interesting I would find this thread at this time. I am a new member here, but pretty active on the G35 forums. I currently own an 07 G35S and the Misses owns an 07 TSX w/nav.

We are having this debate now...

Interesting how you guys think the latest VQ is smooth and efficient. It is hardly either. NVH has been a known problem since this motor has been maxed out especially at higher revs. That being said I LOVE the 3.5 in mine...loads of power and torque. Mixed driving I can only average about 20mpg. In town only try 17mpg. Only highway road trips...23mpg. This is with me going easy on the throttle.

The 2.5 in the new G25 is much smoother and a great motor (and this is not the first year, it has been selling over in China for a while). This is the perfect car for someone not wanting the power of the 3.7. However, Infiniti is stupid for not having navigation as an option. I believe once dealers get a pretty good inventory of the base models, they will start making them with nav. Perhaps a mid year change for 2011.

Just my opinion. Now we are off to drive the 2010 TSX I4 and V6.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:29 PM
Je t'aime...

How is Infiniti "higher tier" than Acura. How can you say a company that sells less cars be a better brand? hmm? Bias much?

Honda/Acura are #2 Japanese brand while Nissan/Infiniti always been trailing as #3. Acura pulls more sales every year compared to Infiniti.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, What is up with all this talk about speed of transmissions. Honda/Acura are doing fine with there 5AT. The Accord and TSX gets good MPG with just a 5AT. I read a comment on here by smarty saying Infiniti gets better MPG? No way. There VQ engines drink like crazy. My friend goes through a tank of gas a week in his G35 sedan, horrible.

I'll make a comment about the G25. The G25 is a joke. Its a G37 with a smaller engine. So basically, its a 2.5 V6 making no more than 220HP pulling a heavy mid-size car. Can you say low performance #s? Poor handling? I bet the TSX I4 can out perform it. When you should Infiniti don't expect cheap. Infiniti overprices everything. Same with Nissan. G37 is about 45K OTD. a G25 might be 38~40K OTD. For that kind of money I rather get a Lexus, Bmw, Benz, Acura or Audi. Just saying. You know a fully loaded Maxima cost around G37 sedan area? For a fucking Maxima.

There has always been arguments about who's better Acura or Infiniti. Truth be told, Acura is better OVERALL. As in they make better cars in general, but this doesn't mean they offer the most features. Yeah, Infiniti overs more features, but with more features come with price. If you compare the the TSX to the G37 sedan. The TSX gives you MOST of the G's feature for roughly 12K cheaper. For the extra 12K all you get is performance, more 1touch windows, a hard drive, bi-xenon. Frankly, no matter how much "extra feature" you get. It won't make up the 12K difference. Bottom Line: Everyone knows Acura is better than Infiniti. Its been well proven that Toyota/Lexus #1, Honda/Acura #2, and Nissan/Infiniti #3. People like Nissan/Infiniti more because they make faster cars. Well fast cars don't mean good cars.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:39 PM
Je t'aime...

Originally Posted by psteng19
I'm neither. I have no blind car or brand loyalty which means I can recognize a superior car when I see one.

Infiniti G is on a dedicated RWD platform, in a higher class with options that cannot be had on a TSX.

I won't argue subjective points such as which car a particular person may prefer, but I will boldly state when a car is superior to another.

I've driven both 2G TSX and G37, which is basically a G25 with an additional 100hp.
The G is the better car, and its price appropriately reflects that.
I love the way you lie.

Before, he had "Residential Nissan FanBoy" under his AcuraZine User Name. I mean he finally deleted it, because he was getting too much shit on it. He was after all saying all negative things about Acura and putting Infiniti on top.

I'll answer you question now: "If the G25 is a "joke", then what's a TSX to you?"

Obviously, I don't think its a joke. You gotta be not really educated to think the G25 isn't a joke. Like I said before. The G25 you might be looking at 40K OTD for a low power V6 making 215HP. Why don't you use less than that and buy a V6 TSX? Its obviously faster. Infiniti is a joke, because there prices are a joke. Honda/Acura prices and options there cars very nicely, and with reasonable prices. Unlike Infiniti, making you pay extra for a Moonroof. It should be standard. Hell, even the BMW M3 offers you a Moonroof for 0$. Why can't Infiniti do that?

Last edited by HondaOnWORKS; 10-15-2010 at 11:41 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:15 AM
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 105 Posts
Originally Posted by SF Acura TSX
I saw an internet review of the G sedan where they commented on the overall length being longer but with overall width being narrower than its competitors, producing a tight interior fit in the rear and the driver seat.
One of my friends has a new G37, in which I've ridden for a few hours. It is narrow, and has a tighter feel in front than the TSX. I prefer the spacious feel of the TSX, but we have a very narrow garage, where the G would be a better fit.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by HondaOnWORKS
How is Infiniti "higher tier" than Acura. How can you say a company that sells less cars be a better brand? hmm? Bias much?

Honda/Acura are #2 Japanese brand while Nissan/Infiniti always been trailing as #3. Acura pulls more sales every year compared to Infiniti.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, What is up with all this talk about speed of transmissions. Honda/Acura are doing fine with there 5AT. The Accord and TSX gets good MPG with just a 5AT. I read a comment on here by smarty saying Infiniti gets better MPG? No way. There VQ engines drink like crazy. My friend goes through a tank of gas a week in his G35 sedan, horrible.

I'll make a comment about the G25. The G25 is a joke. Its a G37 with a smaller engine. So basically, its a 2.5 V6 making no more than 220HP pulling a heavy mid-size car. Can you say low performance #s? Poor handling? I bet the TSX I4 can out perform it. When you should Infiniti don't expect cheap. Infiniti overprices everything. Same with Nissan. G37 is about 45K OTD. a G25 might be 38~40K OTD. For that kind of money I rather get a Lexus, Bmw, Benz, Acura or Audi. Just saying. You know a fully loaded Maxima cost around G37 sedan area? For a fucking Maxima.

There has always been arguments about who's better Acura or Infiniti. Truth be told, Acura is better OVERALL. As in they make better cars in general, but this doesn't mean they offer the most features. Yeah, Infiniti overs more features, but with more features come with price. If you compare the the TSX to the G37 sedan. The TSX gives you MOST of the G's feature for roughly 12K cheaper. For the extra 12K all you get is performance, more 1touch windows, a hard drive, bi-xenon. Frankly, no matter how much "extra feature" you get. It won't make up the 12K difference. Bottom Line: Everyone knows Acura is better than Infiniti. Its been well proven that Toyota/Lexus #1, Honda/Acura #2, and Nissan/Infiniti #3. People like Nissan/Infiniti more because they make faster cars. Well fast cars don't mean good cars.
Dude, your really are ignorant aren't you? You need to learn to read the posts more. All that stuff in read is sarcasm. The G25's msrp has topped out aroudn $36k and people are getting them for $31-32k right now with incentives so do a little research and get your prices right because your far out in left field with the price your talking about for the G25. Your really making yourself look ridiculous.

If anybody is a fanboy it is you about Acura/Honda, they can do no wrong it is you. All that number shit you talked about is all BS. Go over to the autonews forum and you'll see the general consensus is that Infiniti has a better view in the luxury community right now then Acura b/c of their shit styling and poor choices compared to not just Infiniti but the other luxury makes. Your living in your Acura fanboy la la land.

Why don't you get your comparison's right, you should be comparing a G37 to a TL, not a TSX, two different classes. Plus, a Maxima might be similar in msrp to a G37 but people are getting them for much less with incentives but you wouldn't know that since you haven't shopped anything from them. So why don't you stop talking about a company you know nothing about and start slobbering over your Acura's.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Dude, your really are ignorant aren't you?
You're one to talk, "pot, meet the kettle"
Old 10-16-2010, 09:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Colin
You're one to talk, "pot, meet the kettle"
What the hell is your problem? I'm not the one coming on quoting ridiculous prices and making broad put downs of a car b/c I have a lovefest with Acura! I've got vehicles from both makes and can make unbias pros and cons each make/vehicle has.

Even the comparison are ridiculous that some people mention.

None of you seems to understand or comprehend that the red posts are sarcastic and meant to show his stupidity and ridiculous comparison purposes.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:54 AM
Je t'aime...

Dude, your really are ignorant aren't you? You need to learn to read the posts more. All that stuff in read is sarcasm. The G25's msrp has topped out aroudn $36k and people are getting them for $31-32k right now with incentives so do a little research and get your prices right because your far out in left field with the price your talking about for the G25. Your really making yourself look ridiculous.

If anybody is a fanboy it is you about Acura/Honda, they can do no wrong it is you. All that number shit you talked about is all BS. Go over to the autonews forum and you'll see the general consensus is that Infiniti has a better view in the luxury community right now then Acura b/c of their shit styling and poor choices compared to not just Infiniti but the other luxury makes. Your living in your Acura fanboy la la land.

Why don't you get your comparison's right, you should be comparing a G37 to a TL, not a TSX, two different classes. Plus, a Maxima might be similar in msrp to a G37 but people are getting them for much less with incentives but you wouldn't know that since you haven't shopped anything from them. So why don't you stop talking about a company you know nothing about and start slobbering over your Acura's.
Actually, I'm more of a BMW Fan boy, thank you very much. Oh yes, I was wrong about the pricing, big deal. I didn't even know the G25 came out already, but you gotta admit I would have been right if the G25 even offered the packages I listed. The G25 doesn't even come with Navigation. 34.6K with the only package (moonroof) 37K with tax (SF Tax). Making your #s wrong also. No dealer would go as low as 31~32K for a G25, so your wrong again. It doesn't top at 36K; it tops at 37K. You are telling me dealers are going to offer you a 5~6K discount? Not likely. That's way too much and they profit none or even lose money.

You are calling me a fanboy and bias, and at the same time you are claiming you are not bias. How can you not be bias when you said, acura has shit design. Design is opinion based, no? Opinion = bias.

I don't know about Infiniti/Nissan? Really. I know enough to know that Nissan/Infiniti overprice there cars. The Infiniti G25 cost 37K w/o navi? Who would buy that trash? 218HP V6? Why pay so much for a low power V6. Honestly, the G25 is over priced. Its 37K w/o navi. Let me bring back what I said up top. I said, I would have been right if Infiniti offers Navi for the G25, because the Navi package price is about 2K. Pushing the topped out price to be at 39~40K. Thanks. Overpriced company. Did you know Nissan/Infiniti's manual tranny isn't smooth and it grinds gears? I driven them in manual. Speak for yourself when you call me bias. All I did was stated facts.

You gotta admit my pricing w/o doing research on the G25 was dead on, because if they offered navi it would have pushed it to 39K~40K.

You say People think Infiniti has a better view in the community, but Infiniti fails to show that in sales? Funny. Acura dominates Infiniti in sales every year. You seen to be pretty harsh on Acura for an Acura owner.

I really want to make it clear that you are pretty stupid for saying Infiniti G25 goes OTD for 31~32K, because that's impossible for a dealer to give you a 5~6K discount. That line and the line where you said Acura has shit design proves to me your bias. You been on here arguing about how the G25 is better than the TSX since page 2. I on the other hand had better things to do than keep arguing. Noticed, how I came back later on to check up on the post?

You seem to mad every time I say Acura pulls more sales.
Check Autoblog, because its true.

Last edited by HondaOnWORKS; 10-17-2010 at 02:58 AM.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:05 AM
Suzuka Master

What the hell is your problem?
LOL, the phrase "pot calling the kettle black" is an idiom used to show hypocrisy or irony. In this case, you call someone else ignorant using "your" which is possessive, when you meant to say "you're" which is a contraction for "you are"
Old 10-17-2010, 08:41 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by HondaOnWORKS
Actually, I'm more of a BMW Fan boy, thank you very much. Oh yes, I was wrong about the pricing, big deal. I didn't even know the G25 came out already, but you gotta admit I would have been right if the G25 even offered the packages I listed. The G25 doesn't even come with Navigation. 34.6K with the only package (moonroof) 37K with tax (SF Tax). Making your #s wrong also. No dealer would go as low as 31~32K for a G25, so your wrong again. It doesn't top at 36K; it tops at 37K. You are telling me dealers are going to offer you a 5~6K discount? Not likely. That's way too much and they profit none or even lose money.

You are calling me a fanboy and bias, and at the same time you are claiming you are not bias. How can you not be bias when you said, acura has shit design. Design is opinion based, no? Opinion = bias.

I don't know about Infiniti/Nissan? Really. I know enough to know that Nissan/Infiniti overprice there cars. The Infiniti G25 cost 37K w/o navi? Who would buy that trash? 218HP V6? Why pay so much for a low power V6. Honestly, the G25 is over priced. Its 37K w/o navi. Let me bring back what I said up top. I said, I would have been right if Infiniti offers Navi for the G25, because the Navi package price is about 2K. Pushing the topped out price to be at 39~40K. Thanks. Overpriced company. Did you know Nissan/Infiniti's manual tranny isn't smooth and it grinds gears? I driven them in manual. Speak for yourself when you call me bias. All I did was stated facts.

You gotta admit my pricing w/o doing research on the G25 was dead on, because if they offered navi it would have pushed it to 39K~40K.

You say People think Infiniti has a better view in the community, but Infiniti fails to show that in sales? Funny. Acura dominates Infiniti in sales every year. You seen to be pretty harsh on Acura for an Acura owner.

I really want to make it clear that you are pretty stupid for saying Infiniti G25 goes OTD for 31~32K, because that's impossible for a dealer to give you a 5~6K discount. That line and the line where you said Acura has shit design proves to me your bias. You been on here arguing about how the G25 is better than the TSX since page 2. I on the other hand had better things to do than keep arguing. Noticed, how I came back later on to check up on the post?

You seem to mad every time I say Acura pulls more sales.
Check Autoblog, because its true.
I never said Acura did not have more sales then Infiniti b/c they do, but its not that much. For most of this year, Acura has only sold about 2-3k more units per month then Infiniti has and that is not that much of a difference. I don't consider that dominating. Not enough to make them so superior as you try to mention. Both Audi and Infiniti have less sales then Acura but are thought more highly and regarded better in the luxury community b/c of Acura's current direction and lack of offerings (coupes, better styling, RWD, V8, 7 and 8 spd autos, etc)

For the last time, anything I posted in red was to be sarcastic and make no sense b/c I was just taking SSFTX's ridiculous statements and saying the exact opposite to annoy him.

But lets get a few things correct which you keep getting wrong about the G25. It does not have navigation or a manual so lets not add features to the price that don't even exist.

An AWD G25 tops out at about $36.4k on the window. People are getting it for 31 and 32k. Just go over to edmunds, true delta, and other sites and see what people are reporting they paid OTD for the G25 with incentives. People are getting the car for those prices so like I said, do some research. Don't tell me they are not getting those prices because they are. People are getting fully loaded G37's that have msrp's of 39-41k for 36 and 37k OTD with incentives so it defintiely jives. So much for stating facts b/c your talking crazy about these prices.

If you actually shopped Infiniti or Nissan you'd know they give those kind of incentives but of course since you don't you wouldn't know.

Let's talk about some of Acura's bad moves. You want to talk about price overlap, a V6 TSX overlaps heavily into TL prices and thus makes its ridiculous to get unless you really like the body style of the TSX more than the TL. There is a perfect shitty move for Acura to take an engine established for another vehicle (the TL) and just dump it into an already pre-existing TSX design. Plus, while we are at it, I don't know of any other company who has had their bread and butter model, the TL, drop in sales by more than half in just a 3 year period. They barely sell 3k TL's a month compared to the 6-7k units they sold a month just a few short years ago.

Now, if you had actually read my posts when I wasn't being sarcastic, I find that the I4 TSX to be the better value between teh G25 and TSX. For 32k, you get nav, better audio system, and everything, etc that you either can't get or have to pay more for in the G25.

That doesn't mean the G25 is a terrible car. I do think Infiniti made a mistake on its pricing, and not offering navigation and a manual, but its still a better value then a IS250 or 328i. But most people won't give a shit about this b/c people who buy vehicles like that are not car enthusiast and since they are giving people good discounts on the G25, it should sell well helping to increase Infiniti's sales close to Acura's.

If I had a choice between the two, I probably go with the TSX I4. To me, the value between the G25 and G37 is not there, considering that there really is not big fuel ecomony improvement between the G25 and G37 of 1mpg. To me, thats not worth the HP reduction, lack of navigation, and some other things that the G37 has that the G25 does not.

I've had the TSX I4 several times as a loaner car and I really like the vehicle. I do not care for the V6 version though. The ride got way to firm/uncomfortable with the heavier engine and bigger wheels. If you want the V6, your better off in the TL.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

LOL, the phrase "pot calling the kettle black" is an idiom used to show hypocrisy or irony. In this case, you call someone else ignorant using "your" which is possessive, when you meant to say "you're" which is a contraction for "you are"
Thanks for pointing that out grammar police!
Old 10-17-2010, 03:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Thanks for pointing that out grammar police!
Honestly it was quite lighthearted till you blew it out of proportion.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Honestly it was quite lighthearted till you blew it out of proportion.
It's hard to know something that like that with blogging since your not speaking to the person and have no idea what their tone or inflection is
Old 10-17-2010, 03:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Neither of you two arguing have even driven the G25 (smarty and Hondaon). You guys are wasting your time arguing about hypothetical theories about power to weight ratio or incentives. Nobody wants to hear your uneducated banter.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Neither of you two arguing have even driven the G25 (smarty and Hondaon). You guys are wasting your time arguing about hypothetical theories about power to weight ratio or incentives. Nobody wants to hear your uneducated banter.
Nobody wants to hear you either whining about our banter! I never talked about weight ratio and for the last time, I do know what the incentives are b/c I've been to the sites where people report what they paid so far on a G25.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:53 PM
Safety Car

It is better to consider 2011 TSX with 2011 model G25.
If Accord improvements are added to TSX. i am expecting fuel economy gain. than there is HDD navigation.
TSX is the best combination of Handling/refinement/fuel economy/performance/tech features/buit quality in $30k car.

The second closest competition is HS250 but its tech features make it to expensive for 4 cylinder car. and fuel efficiency gain is at best 15%.
TSX combined is 27~28mpg in mixed driving. HS250 is 33~34mpg.
2011 TSX will close to gap in fuel efficiency further.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:58 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
after hearing all the great reviews about the infiniti we finally had the chance to go to a dealer about a month ago. The closest one is about 130 miles from us. We could not find anyone that would help us so we left. This was on a Tuesday during the day and they were not busy
Old 10-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Je t'aime...

I never said Acura did not have more sales then Infiniti b/c they do, but its not that much. For most of this year, Acura has only sold about 2-3k more units per month then Infiniti has and that is not that much of a difference. I don't consider that dominating. Not enough to make them so superior as you try to mention. Both Audi and Infiniti have less sales then Acura but are thought more highly and regarded better in the luxury community b/c of Acura's current direction and lack of offerings (coupes, better styling, RWD, V8, 7 and 8 spd autos, etc)

For the last time, anything I posted in red was to be sarcastic and make no sense b/c I was just taking SSFTX's ridiculous statements and saying the exact opposite to annoy him.

But lets get a few things correct which you keep getting wrong about the G25. It does not have navigation or a manual so lets not add features to the price that don't even exist.

An AWD G25 tops out at about $36.4k on the window. People are getting it for 31 and 32k. Just go over to edmunds, true delta, and other sites and see what people are reporting they paid OTD for the G25 with incentives. People are getting the car for those prices so like I said, do some research. Don't tell me they are not getting those prices because they are. People are getting fully loaded G37's that have msrp's of 39-41k for 36 and 37k OTD with incentives so it defintiely jives. So much for stating facts b/c your talking crazy about these prices.

If you actually shopped Infiniti or Nissan you'd know they give those kind of incentives but of course since you don't you wouldn't know.

Let's talk about some of Acura's bad moves. You want to talk about price overlap, a V6 TSX overlaps heavily into TL prices and thus makes its ridiculous to get unless you really like the body style of the TSX more than the TL. There is a perfect shitty move for Acura to take an engine established for another vehicle (the TL) and just dump it into an already pre-existing TSX design. Plus, while we are at it, I don't know of any other company who has had their bread and butter model, the TL, drop in sales by more than half in just a 3 year period. They barely sell 3k TL's a month compared to the 6-7k units they sold a month just a few short years ago.

Now, if you had actually read my posts when I wasn't being sarcastic, I find that the I4 TSX to be the better value between teh G25 and TSX. For 32k, you get nav, better audio system, and everything, etc that you either can't get or have to pay more for in the G25.

That doesn't mean the G25 is a terrible car. I do think Infiniti made a mistake on its pricing, and not offering navigation and a manual, but its still a better value then a IS250 or 328i. But most people won't give a shit about this b/c people who buy vehicles like that are not car enthusiast and since they are giving people good discounts on the G25, it should sell well helping to increase Infiniti's sales close to Acura's.

If I had a choice between the two, I probably go with the TSX I4. To me, the value between the G25 and G37 is not there, considering that there really is not big fuel ecomony improvement between the G25 and G37 of 1mpg. To me, thats not worth the HP reduction, lack of navigation, and some other things that the G37 has that the G25 does not.

I've had the TSX I4 several times as a loaner car and I really like the vehicle. I do not care for the V6 version though. The ride got way to firm/uncomfortable with the heavier engine and bigger wheels. If you want the V6, your better off in the TL.
It doesn't make it a bad car, true, but you gotta see that the G25 is a joke one way or another. You do know my pricing is correct if the G25 offered Navi right? Also, you can't keep saying the dealers will offer you a 5~6K discount, which you keep implying. 32K for a G25 the dealers are getting ripped off especially when the G25 with tax is priced at 37K. Wanna tell me why the dealer would bargain that much with you? They won't. You need to admit that the G25 is expensive, and for a car that doesn't offer Navi that cost around 35K OTD. That's a rip off. The MPG still sucks even with a 7AT. Infiniti VQ engine drinks gas so fast. At least they added the rearview camera w/o navi... That's a plus for people that can't drive. I personally live by what my dad says, and I quote, "If you park using a backup camera, you suck." Admittedly, I have to agree, because after I took those words to heart. That's why both my cars don't have a backup camera.

I'm gonna get keep saying this. Unless you show me proof with papers someone can get it for 31~32K I won't believe you, because no dealers would offer 5~6K bargains. They are getting ripped off if they do; you know that right?

How about you mind your own business?

Last edited by HondaOnWORKS; 10-17-2010 at 06:26 PM.

Quick Reply: 2011 infiniti G25 vs 2011 Tsx