2011 infiniti G25 vs 2011 Tsx

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 10:57 AM
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 105 Posts
Give the G25 a manual, sport suspension, and folding rear seat, and I'd be very interested. In fact, it might be a better daily driver/family car than the G37, because I'd bet the 2.5L six is quieter and smoother than the larger engine, which, at least in its previous iteration, was loud and harsh, even at moderate rpm. I tested a 2008 G35 Sport, and it felt almost like a crude muscle car wearing a modern suit. I actually preferred the 2008 Saab 9-3 Aero, despite its inferior FWD dynamics. I believe the Infiniti motor was upgraded for 2010, but I suspect some of that crude character remains in the large engine.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
For 2010, they upgraded the G interior and there is very few cheap plastics left. Maybe one or two. Trust me, the TSX uses several cheap plastic pieces its just the cheap plastic is just not as cheap as the G37's used to be. Its still cheap plastic in both vehicles.

One thing I did not like about the TSX is the I4 is so loud and unrefined sounding that it was a huge turnoff to me. I've had two 2009 loaner TSX's and two 2010 TSX's loners and the engine's were way to loud for my taste. I had one that had the new V6 and while it was quietier then the I4 at idle it was too loud at cruising and accelerating speed.

I haven't heard it yet, but the 2.5L V6 should be much quieter and more refined sounding compared to the large 3.7VQ in the G37. I would probably take the G25 over the TSX for the sound issues and better ride quality. Plus, the seats were a bit more comfortable in the G, for my taste and back problems, then the ultra sport firm seats of the TSX.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:44 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
G25>TSX

I'll take a V6 RWD 7AT over a I4 FWD 5AT.

Unfortunately the price difference between a G37 and G25 in Canada is only around $2500 so we will have to wait and see how well it does. (difference between a TSX and TL is ~$7000 for comparison)
Old 08-26-2010, 09:33 PM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by smarty666
For 2010, they upgraded the G interior and there is very few cheap plastics left. Maybe one or two. Trust me, the TSX uses several cheap plastic pieces its just the cheap plastic is just not as cheap as the G37's used to be. Its still cheap plastic in both vehicles.

One thing I did not like about the TSX is the I4 is so loud and unrefined sounding that it was a huge turnoff to me. I've had two 2009 loaner TSX's and two 2010 TSX's loners and the engine's were way to loud for my taste. I had one that had the new V6 and while it was quietier then the I4 at idle it was too loud at cruising and accelerating speed.

I haven't heard it yet, but the 2.5L V6 should be much quieter and more refined sounding compared to the large 3.7VQ in the G37. I would probably take the G25 over the TSX for the sound issues and better ride quality. Plus, the seats were a bit more comfortable in the G, for my taste and back problems, then the ultra sport firm seats of the TSX.
oh no here we go again comparing something that is already out to something that is still not release tell me something what is difference between the new m45,g37 and soon to be released g25 i'll tell you what it is one is a mini me version of the other one.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 07wdptl-s
oh no here we go again comparing something that is already out to something that is still not release tell me something what is difference between the new m45,g37 and soon to be released g25 i'll tell you what it is one is a mini me version of the other one.
So what if its not out yet. Its basically going to be just like a G37 just with a different engine. The seats, features, interior, exterior is exactly the same so if you spent anytime in a G37, like I have, you can make a pretty educated guess how the G25 is going to be.
Old 08-28-2010, 10:01 AM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts

TSX has 1-4 with auto transmission has lowest NVH than any infiniti & Nissan product based on Edmunds road test data.
TSX-V6 is little nosier at freeway speeds because it lacks the 6th gear for lowr rpm cruising.
TSX has far superior seat comfort than Infiniti G series. better Voice navigation.
I-4 TSX has better reliablity, low maintiance. no timing belt. Class leading fuel economy. 5 star safety ratings on all the tests.
why would some one chose low power noiser V6 over I-4?
Old 08-28-2010, 10:11 AM
Three Wheelin'

Old 08-28-2010, 10:31 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tsxuser
I totally agree with you. That is major reason i am thinking about to switch it. I have a 2009 tsx/tech. I experienced all kinds of first year model problems. maybe wait for late 2012 model.
Sucks about brand new models, your always the test dummy!
Old 08-28-2010, 10:32 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SSFTSX
TSX has 1-4 with auto transmission has lowest NVH than any infiniti & Nissan product based on Edmunds road test data.
TSX-V6 is little nosier at freeway speeds because it lacks the 6th gear for lowr rpm cruising.
TSX has far superior seat comfort than Infiniti G series. better Voice navigation.
I-4 TSX has better reliablity, low maintiance. no timing belt. Class leading fuel economy. 5 star safety ratings on all the tests.
why would some one chose low power noiser V6 over I-4?
Some people just like the car to sound more aggressive.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:45 AM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
So what if its not out yet. Its basically going to be just like a G37 just with a different engine. The seats, features, interior, exterior is exactly the same so if you spent anytime in a G37, like I have, you can make a pretty educated guess how the G25 is going to be.
hey smarty i know you are a nissan fan i'm just saying lets just wait until it comes out before you can say things like oh the engine is gonna be quieter or its gonnna take me to stop light quicker by a half second so i can get home in time just in case i got diarrhea.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 07wdptl-s
hey smarty i know you are a nissan fan i'm just saying lets just wait until it comes out before you can say things like oh the engine is gonna be quieter or its gonnna take me to stop light quicker by a half second so i can get home in time just in case i got diarrhea.
No, your right, the only thing I shouldn't really make a comment on is the engine, since its not in the current Infiniti or Nissan line-up here so I can't really know how performance wise and noise wise it is. I should have been more specific and said it SHOULD be quieter then the TSX I4 then again it might not. That was my only real qualm with the TSX I4 loaners I had, it had plenty of pick-up and go. I just couldn't believe how noisy the engine was at idle.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shift_Acura
G25>TSX

I'll take a V6 RWD 7AT over a I4 FWD 5AT.
Yup, hopefully the 7 speed and the smaller displacement V6 will help out the gas mileage, which was one of the main reasons I didn't go with a G35/37.

And Infiniti leather > Acura leather.

You still can't get a proximity key for the TSX, even with the tech package?
Old 09-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Je t'aime...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by psteng19
Yup, hopefully the 7 speed and the smaller displacement V6 will help out the gas mileage, which was one of the main reasons I didn't go with a G35/37.

And Infiniti leather > Acura leather.

You still can't get a proximity key for the TSX, even with the tech package?
I highly doubt the 2.5L V6 producing 215HP and 195lb ft from the 250GT can out perform the Acura TSX.

The G25 is the same as the G37. Same technology and same size. So the only thing that will change the weight is the engine size. Assuming that still makes the G25 a pretty heavy car. With 215HP/195lb ft pushing a heavy car makes it highly doubtful that it can do much. I'm assuming 16s 1/4 mile time. I also heard rumor pricing starts around 31K~32K, and making the fully load cost probably near 40K and maybe 40K OTD at least.

So logically... why don't you use that 40K and buy a V6 TSX. Faster and cheaper? You save for performance. I personally think the G25 is a joke. Like the Infiniti G37 IPL, which they only increased performance by like 15HP? I read somewhere Inifiniti hopes the IPL section will compete with the BMW M, Benz AMG, and Audi S. Not likely... with a 15HP increase..
Old 09-07-2010, 03:47 PM
8th Gear

I am in the market for a new car and am actually weighing the TSX and G25. I have been to two Acura dealerships here in the Dallas area and both have confirmed that the V6 TSX will not be returning for 2011. Of course we won't know till official word gets out but both cited pricing and poor sales...I mean it's like trivial difference between the TSX V6 and the TL why not get the TL right?

I don't think the G25 will be a joke at all, the IS250 and 328 are phenomenal sellers so there is definitely a market for this type of vehicle. I am waiting for some numbers to come out on the G25 before passing judgment. As for the pricing a loaded G25 is suppose to cost the same as a base G37 so we are talking $35k range MSRP. Even with the added weight I doubt the TSX will be faster, I'm sure it'll be comparable.

Last edited by avatar13; 09-07-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:18 PM
Je t'aime...

Originally Posted by avatar13
I am in the market for a new car and am actually weighing the TSX and G25. I have been to two Acura dealerships here in the Dallas area and both have confirmed that the V6 TSX will not be returning for 2011. Of course we won't know till official word gets out but both cited pricing and poor sales...I mean it's like trivial difference between the TSX V6 and the TL why not get the TL right?

I don't think the G25 will be a joke at all, the IS250 and 328 are phenomenal sellers so there is definitely a market for this type of vehicle. I am waiting for some numbers to come out on the G25 before passing judgment. As for the pricing a loaded G25 is suppose to cost the same as a base G37 so we are talking $35k range MSRP. Even with the added weight I doubt the TSX will be faster, I'm sure it'll be comparable.
It won't cost $35K OTD for a fully loaded G25. A fully loaded G37 Sedan would cost 43~45K.

If you assume 215HP with 3,500 lbs. (G37 Sedan is 3,590. Assuming the engine size difference is 90lbs) vs 201(CU2) with 3,400 lbs. Assuming the #s are right its about 100 difference. The extra 14HP difference won't make much of a difference. I still think the TSX might be still slightly faster.

Assuming, the same #s for the G25, but vs the CL9 TSX with 205HP and 3,318 lbs. That's almost a 200lbs difference and with a 10HP difference. It just doesn't seem like the G25 will be faster. To be not bias, I would say it can keep up.

I'm still betting the G25 will cost nearly 40K OTD. And I stand by my statement that you can get better cars for the 40K. V6 TSX and save.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
"I have been to two Acura dealerships here in the Dallas area and both have confirmed that the V6 TSX will not be returning for 2011."

OH SHIT. Really? Wow...now my ride will be even more special now.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:25 PM
Advanced

"It won't cost $35K OTD for a fully loaded G25. A fully loaded G37 Sedan would cost 43~45K."

For the record, you can purchase a 2010 G37x with Navigation in the Cincinnati area for $36-37k. I'm betting the equivalent G25x will be under $35k.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:33 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by coffeefingers
"I have been to two Acura dealerships here in the Dallas area and both have confirmed that the V6 TSX will not be returning for 2011."

OH SHIT. Really? Wow...now my ride will be even more special now.

Did the dealer say why it will not have a V6?
Old 09-07-2010, 10:15 PM
Je t'aime...

Originally Posted by Chewbach
"It won't cost $35K OTD for a fully loaded G25. A fully loaded G37 Sedan would cost 43~45K."

For the record, you can purchase a 2010 G37x with Navigation in the Cincinnati area for $36-37k. I'm betting the equivalent G25x will be under $35k.
Fail, for the record. You can't get it for 36-37K. Proof? All G in the dealership will have a moonroof, and to get a moonroof you have to get the premium package (2.1K). So by default you have to pay 2.1K already. Then Journey starts at 35K w/ handling charges. Plus Navi (1.8K) your already looking at a G37 sedan costing 39K before taxes. With taxes its gonna hit at least 43-44K. If you are lucky you can get it for 40K OTD. Maybe 41K. And this is all without the technology package, which most G do come with. So most fully loaded G will cost you nearly 45K OTD.. You wish you can get a G37 sedan for that cheap new.

I just built an Infiniti G37 sedan at there site, and proof that all G should come with moonroof is that car companies make the most likely trim or packaged people would buy. How much people really buy a 30K plus car without moonroof? None.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:48 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by HondaOnWORKS
Fail, for the record. You can't get it for 36-37K. Proof? All G in the dealership will have a moonroof, and to get a moonroof you have to get the premium package (2.1K). So by default you have to pay 2.1K already. Then Journey starts at 35K w/ handling charges. Plus Navi (1.8K) your already looking at a G37 sedan costing 39K before taxes. With taxes its gonna hit at least 43-44K. If you are lucky you can get it for 40K OTD. Maybe 41K. And this is all without the technology package, which most G do come with. So most fully loaded G will cost you nearly 45K OTD.. You wish you can get a G37 sedan for that cheap new.

I just built an Infiniti G37 sedan at there site, and proof that all G should come with moonroof is that car companies make the most likely trim or packaged people would buy. How much people really buy a 30K plus car without moonroof? None.
I'm not including taxes. Taxes vary greatly by state. I'm talking about the sales price. I completely agree that the car should include a moonroof and everything included in the "premium" package. However, NOT the tech package. (I'm in Cincinnati, and only a few cars on the lot have this option installed. Of course, 90% are G37x's.). The tech package reflects features that aren't available on the TSX.

Go to TrueCar.com to get a better idea as to actual sales price. Better yet, call your dealership. Also, make sure you look at current incentives. The MOST you should pay for a G37 Journey w/Premium + Navigation would be $37k.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:56 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Chewbach
I'm not including taxes. Taxes vary greatly by state. I'm talking about the sales price. I completely agree that the car should include a moonroof and everything included in the "premium" package. However, NOT the tech package. (I'm in Cincinnati, and only a few cars on the lot have this option installed. Of course, 90% are G37x's.). The tech package reflects features that aren't available on the TSX.

Go to TrueCar.com to get a better idea as to actual sales price. Better yet, call your dealership. Also, make sure you look at current incentives. The MOST you should pay for a G37 Journey w/Premium + Navigation would be $37k.
I was shopping around as well and you can most definitely get a G37 Journey with Premium and Nav for way less than $40k. I was offered $35500 by practically all dealers with not much negotiation and after negotiating at one dealership I was able to get the price down to $34500. Keep in mind there are incentives going on like the $1000 manufacturer incentive that runs till the end of September that is factored into these prices I quoted. I used TrueCar and Zag to get an idea of regional pricing. I basically looked at dealer cost and worked up from there. Now I can't speak for G37 x or s as I didn't price compare those trims. But the Journey with Premium and Nav are quite plentiful at dealer lots.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:59 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by SuperCK
Did the dealer say why it will not have a V6?
They both quoted poor sales and too little price difference to separate from the TL. Of course, until we hear from Acura officially it's a rumor but I would think the dealers would have insight as to what models will be hitting the showroom next month. Again I'm just quoting what they told me, I will believe it when I see it from Acura.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by HondaOnWORKS
I highly doubt the 2.5L V6 producing 215HP and 195lb ft from the 250GT can out perform the Acura TSX.

The G25 is the same as the G37. Same technology and same size. So the only thing that will change the weight is the engine size. Assuming that still makes the G25 a pretty heavy car. With 215HP/195lb ft pushing a heavy car makes it highly doubtful that it can do much. I'm assuming 16s 1/4 mile time. I also heard rumor pricing starts around 31K~32K, and making the fully load cost probably near 40K and maybe 40K OTD at least.

So logically... why don't you use that 40K and buy a V6 TSX. Faster and cheaper? You save for performance. I personally think the G25 is a joke. Like the Infiniti G37 IPL, which they only increased performance by like 15HP? I read somewhere Inifiniti hopes the IPL section will compete with the BMW M, Benz AMG, and Audi S. Not likely... with a 15HP increase..
I don't think many people who are shopping the G25 and TSX care all that much about 1/4 mile times.

Yeah, the G25x might hit $40k, fully loaded with options not available on the TSX, without any negotiation, after tax, in the first month after initial release.
Why get it over the TSX? Because it's a superior car in a class above the TSX. It really competes with the TL, not the TSX.

If the G25 is a "joke", then what's a TSX to you?

Last edited by psteng19; 09-09-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

I don't think many people who are shopping the G25 and TSX care all that much about 1/4 mile times.

Yeah, the G25x might hit $40k, fully loaded with options not available on the TSX, without any negotiation, after tax, in the first month after initial release.
Why get it over the TSX? Because it's a superior car in a class above the TSX. It really competes with the TL, not the TSX.

The G25 is not going to be anywhere 40k. For God sake, your talking G37 prices at that level. From what I've read, its going to top off at around $34-35k at most when fully loaded.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:36 PM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

First of all, please understand that TSX hardcore fans will say TSX is best and downgrade any other cars, including TL, left alone Infiniti G37 or G27 or G25 or whatever. You're in the TSX forum, so do pls expect that. As for you, claiming G25x is a superior car is too ridiculous if I really don't mean "too retarded". And btw, a $40K G25x is infact far more superior than G37x, don't you think?
Are you G25 hardcore fan or G37 fan?
Old 09-10-2010, 12:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

The G25 is not going to be anywhere 40k. For God sake, your talking G37 prices at that level. From what I've read, its going to top off at around $34-35k at most when fully loaded.
Like I said, G25x (AWD), fully loaded, full MSRP might hit $40k with dealer markup.

Last edited by psteng19; 09-10-2010 at 12:10 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:10 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by pinatubo
First of all, please understand that TSX hardcore fans will say TSX is best and downgrade any other cars, including TL, left alone Infiniti G37 or G27 or G25 or whatever. You're in the TSX forum, so do pls expect that. As for you, claiming G25x is a superior car is too ridiculous if I really don't mean "too retarded". And btw, a $40K G25x is infact far more superior than G37x, don't you think?
Are you G25 hardcore fan or G37 fan?
I'm neither. I have no blind car or brand loyalty which means I can recognize a superior car when I see one.

Infiniti G is on a dedicated RWD platform, in a higher class with options that cannot be had on a TSX.

I won't argue subjective points such as which car a particular person may prefer, but I will boldly state when a car is superior to another.

I've driven both 2G TSX and G37, which is basically a G25 with an additional 100hp.
The G is the better car, and its price appropriately reflects that.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:15 AM
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
I'm neither. I have no blind car or brand loyalty which means I can recognize a superior car when I see one.

Infiniti G is on a dedicated RWD platform, in a higher class with options that cannot be had on a TSX.

I won't argue subjective points such as which car a particular person may prefer, but I will boldly state when a car is superior to another.

I've driven both 2G TSX and G37, which is basically a G25 with an additional 100hp.
The G is the better car, and its price appropriately reflects that.
But you haven't actually driven a G25 yet, so to say it is a superior car to a TSX at the moment is putting the cart before the horse. A base level A4, IS250, 328i, etc. are a lot different than there higher engined counterparts.

By the way, you can "boldly state" anything on the internet, which is really not so bold.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

Like I said, G25x (AWD), fully loaded, full MSRP might hit $40k with dealer markup.
No way in hell. If anything, since its brand new and Infiniti is testing the entry-level lux sedan market, they are not going to be marketing up the car like crazy to that kind of ridiculous price b/c the thing would not sell. Your talking the price of a G37x at 40K. If anything, until the 3G G Sedan is redone for 2012, I suspect that you'll be able to get a pretty good deal/price on a G25 since Infiniti is going to want to see how they sell and compete against the TSX, IS250, Regal, etc. Then once the G37/G25 gets a new body style, etc for 2012, they'll probably charge more, especially since by then they'll be able to see if the G25 was a sales success of not.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:16 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by hondu
But you haven't actually driven a G25 yet, so to say it is a superior car to a TSX at the moment is putting the cart before the horse. A base level A4, IS250, 328i, etc. are a lot different than there higher engined counterparts.

By the way, you can "boldly state" anything on the internet, which is really not so bold.
If I've already driven a BMW 330, do I really need to drive a 325 (or 328) to know that it's the superior car to an Audi A3 (which is in a class below it)?

The platform (RWD chassis) is a better, more balanced platform than a FWD chassis.
Its price bracket is one up on the A3. It really doesn't compete, as they are in different classes.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Pro

If I've already driven a BMW 330, do I really need to drive a 325 (or 328) to know that it's the superior car to an Audi A3 (which is in a class below it)?

The platform (RWD chassis) is a better, more balanced platform than a FWD chassis.
Its price bracket is one up on the A3. It really doesn't compete, as they are in different classes.
What does an A3 have to do with anything? I'm talking about a 328i versus a 335i, an IS250 versus the IS350, an A4 2.0T versus the A4 V6 and therefore the G25 vs. the G37. In the cases mentioned above the base model of each is a lot different than the top engined model performance-wise, content-wise, etc. Just because the G37 is good, doesn't mean the G25 will be (losing 100+ HP is a pretty big drop).

Rear-wheel drive really doesn't mean squat in normal day-to-day driving (can be an advantage at a race track of course) especially if HP is in the 200-250HP range (no torque steer). You've drunk too much of the BMW/Mercedes marketing kool-aid, that says real performance must be rear-wheel drive.

By the way, racing TSX's have done pretty darn well running against RWD BMW's and beating them even though they are FWD.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by hondu
What does an A3 have to do with anything? I'm talking about a 328i versus a 335i, an IS250 versus the IS350, an A4 2.0T versus the A4 V6 and therefore the G25 vs. the G37. In the cases mentioned above the base model of each is a lot different than the top engined model performance-wise, content-wise, etc. Just because the G37 is good, doesn't mean the G25 will be (losing 100+ HP is a pretty big drop).

Rear-wheel drive really doesn't mean squat in normal day-to-day driving (can be an advantage at a race track of course) especially if HP is in the 200-250HP range (no torque steer). You've drunk too much of the BMW/Mercedes marketing kool-aid, that says real performance must be rear-wheel drive.

By the way, racing TSX's have done pretty darn well running against RWD BMW's and beating them even though they are FWD.
I'm doing an apples to apples comparison, you know... G (RWD) to TSX (FWD) vs 3 series (RWD) to A3 (FWD).
Car A vs Car B in the class above it...

I'm not falling for any marketing. I've driven the 3 and the G enough times to feel the differences in day-to-day driving.
Go test drive one and maybe you'll see what I'm talking about.

And why are you talking about torque steer on a car that doesn't have torque.
The 280hp V6 TSX, which is conveniently outside your range of 200-250hp, does however exhibit torque steer.

http://www.autoguide.com/manufacture...rive-1340.html

... the added power and weight to the front wheel drive sedan produces a disquieting amount of torque steer.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Three Wheelin'

Not if you live in an area of the country that see's a good amount of winter weather. You don't want to be stuck with just RWD. You'll be all over the road. That's why I like the AWD availability when I need it. FWD is second best after AWD when it comes to winter weather driving.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Pro

I'm doing an apples to apples comparison, you know... G (RWD) to TSX (FWD) vs 3 series (RWD) to A3 (FWD).
Car A vs Car B in the class above it...

I'm not falling for any marketing. I've driven the 3 and the G enough times to feel the differences in day-to-day driving.
Go test drive one and maybe you'll see what I'm talking about.

And why are you talking about torque steer on a car that doesn't have torque.
The 280hp V6 TSX, which is conveniently outside your range of 200-250hp, does however exhibit torque steer.

http://www.autoguide.com/manufacture...rive-1340.html
Are you even reading what I write? I never mentioned the A3, nor was it part of any comparison I made. I was talking about the lower level engine versus the upper level engine in the SAME model, because you were saying you know how good the G25 will be (which you have not driven), since you have driven a G37.

And yes, I've driven a 128i, C300 and IS250 before, so I know how a RWD vehicle performs as a daily driver. My point with torque steer, is that it is non-existent in a FWD car around 200-250 HP, since that is one complaint people have about FWD cars, so it is a non-issue on a base TSX. We haven't been talking about the V6 TSX being compared to the G25.

My mother-in-law has a C300 Mercedes and during the winter it is pretty much un-driveable.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:47 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
G25 now on Infiniti Web Site

The 2011 G's are now on the web site and you can configure the G25. There is a base, Journey, and all-wheel drive. BUT... you CAN'T get the Navi option on ANY G25. That is a deal breaker. I guess they keep the cost of the G25 down by not selling any options other than a moonroof. The 7" display is there but no option to add Nav. So if you want Navi you have to step up to the G37. The G25 Journey with Moonroof is most similar in features to the TSX non-tech. The Journey+moonroof MSRP is $34,225.

Well this is a non-starter for me. Very dissappointing Infiniti.

Oh and no MT version....

http://www.infinitiusa.com/g_sedan/
Old 10-01-2010, 01:49 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts
In Canada, they also sell three versions of the G25: G25, G25x AWD, and G25x AWD Sport.

No Navi or 6MT, extra cost for the moonroof. No for me, but they may bring more buyers into Infiniti showroom if they price it right.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:31 PM
8th Gear

I am disappointed that the G25 does not have premium or nav options, especially the nav since every car should pretty much have this as an option. The reasoning I suppose is they don't want to cannibalize too much of the G37 sales. I read somewhere that something like 70-80% of 3 series and IS are the 328i and 250 variants. If that's so Infiniti is keeping a premium on the G37 but IMO the lack of Nav is a big mistake and makes it harder to compare with the TSX feature for feature. I will be in the market for a new car next June and previously had a 1st gen TSX and am driving a 2008 G35 and these two cars are my current front-runners. It will be interesting to see what the real-world prices for the G25 will be like, I know 2010 TSX Tech could be had for under $30k here.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

What is more disturbing about the G25 is the mpg for me. How the hell does a AWD G25x with an over 100 HP power reduction have the same EPA mpg as a RWD G37? All I have to say is ???
Old 10-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
If the same fuel economy upgrades that are applied to Accord is given to TSX coming 2011. we can expect 31-32 mpg freeway on EPA with real mpg of 35~36mpg. TSX has 6MT.
This G25 simply cant compete with loaded $30K TSX with HDD Navi/ELS music system.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by SSFTSX
If the same fuel economy upgrades that are applied to Accord is given to TSX coming 2011. we can expect 31-32 mpg freeway on EPA with real mpg of 35~36mpg. TSX has 6MT.
This G25 simply cant compete with loaded $30K TSX with HDD Navi/ELS music system.
I haven't heard of any increases or changes to the TSX in mpg for 2011. If anything, you would not see anything like that till the 2012 MMC for the TSX.
I agree that the TSX I4 with tech at about $32k is more bang for your buck then a loaded G25x WHICH IS ABOUT $34k but the TSX in its V6 verison would not be which tops out at $37-39k bucks which is way more than a G25 and does not match mpg of the RWD version of the G25.

Quick Reply: 2011 infiniti G25 vs 2011 Tsx