XLR8 ISC Coilovers - Free Shipping!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
XLR8 ISC Coilovers - Free Shipping!!!

Excelerate Performance is offering free shipping to the cont 48 US!!! We have worked closely with ISC suspension to design coilovers for the Acura TL (2nd, 3rd and 4th gen), TSX (1st and 2nd gen), RSX, and NSX. We have become the exclusive distributor in North America for the Acura models, thus making them XLR8 coilovers manufactured by ISC. So what are ISC coilovers and what are the benefits?

Where do I purchase? The website will give you a free shipping option upon checkout. Here is the link:

http://store.excelerateperformance.c...s/g-65477.aspx

The ISC N1 Coilover is an affordable high performance damper system which offers excellent performance and high quality at a reasonable price. ISC offers suspension solutions for various auto manufacturers including BMW, Ford, Honda, Hyundai, Lexus, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru, Toyota, Volkswagen, & more! But we are going to focus only on the Acura lineup.

The N1 coilover can be lowered approximately 3-3.5 inches lower then standard ride height. The spring rates are set up specifically to suit your car and therefore will improve handling and stability dramatically. We can make packages for track/rally/drag and of course street. Our lineup will specifically be designed towards the street/sport customer. However, to offer more flexibility we will offer the option for custom spring rates at no extra charge. This will require extra time but not for this initial stocking order.

ISC N1 Coilover

Features:

32 Levels of Damping Adjustment
  • Precise control of valving/damping
  • Operates smoothly on all road surfaces
  • Expansion/Suppression of shock adjustment

Pillowball Uppermount (RSX) or Aluminum Upper Mounts
  • Adjustable camber allows more/less on road track for all conditions (RSX only)

Piston Rod Design
  • Strengthened steel piston rods
  • Meets race/sport standards

Sports Spring
  • Made from high quality SAE9254 steel
  • Tested over 500,000 times on compression inspection with less than 5% deformation
  • Choose from Street Comfort, Street/Sport or Track/Race (spring rates vary depending on application, for specs check the application guide or ask us when you order, custom spring rates are free). Spring rates are typically as follows for the Acura models: Street Comfort 10/6 Street/Sport 12/8 Track/Race is 14/10.

Ride Height Adjustable
  • Full length height adjustable
  • Pre-load adjustable with separate spring locks
  • High quality T6061 aluminum alloy used for all adjustment locks to provide a lightweight design that holds spring and vehicle down force

Aluminum Bracket
  • Made from T6061 aluminum alloy by organic shaping to lighten weight and increase handling performance
  • Specially anodized surface to prevent internal corrosion and surface rust
  • On various models camber can also be adjusted via the bracket as well as the camber tops (RSX only)

Single Cylinder Design
  • Larger cylinder and piston design to advance driving stability and dexterity
Old 07-02-2013, 01:26 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What advantages do these offer over Megan EZ Street or Tein SS? They seem like the best quality coilovers on the market for the UA5, and I would love to add another coilover system in the mix.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DomIzDope
What advantages do these offer over Megan EZ Street or Tein SS? They seem like the best quality coilovers on the market for the UA5, and I would love to add another coilover system in the mix.
They are similar in design to the Megan coilovers since they are a fully thread coilover but they have proven for us to be higher quality. The TEIN SS are only a partial threaded shock so the XLR8 ISC coilovers will have more adjustment in terms of ride height, and also in terms of damping. Our XLR8 ISC coilovers also come with top mounts.
The following users liked this post:
DomIzDope (07-03-2013)
Old 07-03-2013, 12:07 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 114 Likes on 102 Posts
Always wondered how low these went but never found an answer. How low can they go compared to function form type 1?
Old 07-03-2013, 08:54 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Excelerate
They are similar in design to the Megan coilovers since they are a fully thread coilover but they have proven for us to be higher quality. The TEIN SS are only a partial threaded shock so the XLR8 ISC coilovers will have more adjustment in terms of ride height, and also in terms of damping. Our XLR8 ISC coilovers also come with top mounts.
So these offer more ride height adjustability which is awesome. What about in terms of comfort? What kind of advantage do these have over other companies and the stock ride? Also I really appreciate the response!
Old 07-09-2013, 03:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tOny3
Always wondered how low these went but never found an answer. How low can they go compared to function form type 1?
Typically they lower the car up to 3.5". In some cases it can be even more.

Originally Posted by DomIzDope
So these offer more ride height adjustability which is awesome. What about in terms of comfort? What kind of advantage do these have over other companies and the stock ride? Also I really appreciate the response!
We offer 3 different spring rates (one for street/comfort, one for street/sport and one for race/track). So you can choose what suits you. These are higher quality than many of the fully threaded shock body coilovers out there and they have a 2 year warranty. Please email me at sales@excelerateperformance.com if you have further questions.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:32 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
I am from the 3G section....

I just wanted to say a GREAT EFFIN word for these coils....

I came from Tein Basics to ISC N1's and these offer sooo much more....

I installed them around 9 months back and I have already put more than 17K miles on it and damn do they ride amazingly well....

You can adjust HEIGHT, PRELOAD, DAMPENING !!! no other coil offers that....

I have the street/sport setup and the ride is nice and firm, since my car is gutted out, and I like it stiff () I had the dampening at 30R and 28F (32 being stiffest).....but recently we have been driving from KC to Chicago every other week and I turned it down to 16F and 16R, and the ride quality instantly transformed....they rode sooo damn well !!!

MEGA PROPS for XLR8 and these coils
Old 07-10-2013, 04:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by swoosh
I am from the 3G section....

I just wanted to say a GREAT EFFIN word for these coils....

I came from Tein Basics to ISC N1's and these offer sooo much more....

I installed them around 9 months back and I have already put more than 17K miles on it and damn do they ride amazingly well....

You can adjust HEIGHT, PRELOAD, DAMPENING !!! no other coil offers that....

I have the street/sport setup and the ride is nice and firm, since my car is gutted out, and I like it stiff () I had the dampening at 30R and 28F (32 being stiffest).....but recently we have been driving from KC to Chicago every other week and I turned it down to 16F and 16R, and the ride quality instantly transformed....they rode sooo damn well !!!

MEGA PROPS for XLR8 and these coils
Old 07-16-2013, 02:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Free shipping to the cont 48 US has been extended for the month of July!!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 205 Likes on 180 Posts
Other brands don't include the top mounts??
Old 07-17-2013, 11:40 AM

^^^ nope....you will have to buy the top hats or swap over....this is practically the coilover which comes ready to install....no need for spring compressor or any other tool.....

all you need to do is, measure the rings on both side and make sure the preload and drop is setup right...and install it
Old 07-17-2013, 02:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Well I'm in then!
Old 07-17-2013, 02:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

I see you have street/sport. I just have to decide between those or the street/comfort.
Old 07-17-2013, 03:05 PM
Avant Garde Wheels

Received 349 Likes on 291 Posts
most every fully threaded/lower shock body adjustable coilover out there come with top hats.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:25 PM

do the street sport....they are the best....

the sport/race or track ones are toooo stiff for a DD and the comfy/street are toooo soft....

this is a perfect combination...
Old 07-18-2013, 02:08 PM
i love my CE1

i will be checking into these for the TL-S...

curious thought/question:
i read you are going to be exclusive to Acura, i also have a 96' Accord wagon that i'm in the process of painting and stancing... i need coil overs for it, any ideas what option i could look into in respect to your product..?

Thank you
-Brian