Sway or shock?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 01:00 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sway or shock?

Hey guyz...I cant make up mym ind either should I go for anti swaybar or replace my stock shocks with kyb or Tokico blue one because right now i am dropped with H&R sports springs with stock shocks. Also the sway bar I cant get comptech sway bar in Canada but the guy at my shop can get Neuspeed swaybar both front and rear .As someone said Neuspeed is more stiffer and it will ruin my car chassis or body?.
Old 08-05-2004, 04:21 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not an easy question to answer. All depends on what handling characteristics you want your car to have and how much $$$'s you got. Since understeer is the normal tendency I would suggest replacing the rear sway with a stiffer unit. Cheap upgrade that will make a significant difference. Or you could shell out the $$$'s and go with adjustable shocks.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:29 AM
Drifting

1. you can get Comptech sways at Woodbine Acura and the price isn't much more than the USD price

2. I'd say get the shocks first. If you get sways, you WILL eventually need new shocks anyways, trust me on this...on the other hand, if you get the shocks and dial them stiff, you may just get the handling you want and not need the sways. P.S. I have CT springs/sways and tokico illumina and I'm in Toronto. Lemme know if you want a test drive - i only charge one tim horton's coffee :-)
Old 08-05-2004, 05:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Dude,

Go with shocks ... take it from me. I have CT springs / OEM shocks and I rub )driver's side rear tire) if I have too many ppl in the back or if I take a bump too fast (not a speed bump but a huge dip in the road).

Sways can go on anytime ...
- derrick
Old 08-10-2004, 08:38 PM
Pro

I have Illuminas setup on "2" with ground control coils and the ride is VERY close to stock when driving down roads, but when i get on it around corners, fells like i am on rails. Love it. However if you are going to install the struts just make sure you install a chamber kit at the same time because your chamber will get tweeked and your tires will wear unevenly. This is esspecially important too if you are going to advance to larger rims in the future. Derrick is right too... sways can go on at anytime.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:20 AM
Drifting

What Derrick says makes sense. I have the same drop as him and I never rub - probably because I have Illumina's set to 3 (middle) in the rear. (albeit, I do have slightly smaller tires but I also have a +42 offset so I would have thought that I'd be MORE likely to rub, not less).

I don't think you need a camber kit with H&R sport springs - ask Tataweki to be sure.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Lawaia
Not an easy question to answer. All depends on what handling characteristics you want your car to have and how much $$$'s you got. Since understeer is the normal tendency I would suggest replacing the rear sway with a stiffer unit. Cheap upgrade that will make a significant difference. Or you could shell out the $$$'s and go with adjustable shocks.
I thought sways comes in a set (front & rear)? I didn't know that you can order rear sways separately...