Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enkei RS6 18' will it fit?

Enkei RS6
18X7Silver 5:100/112, 38mm offset

Anyone know if it will fit on 02 TL?
Old 02-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Instructor

It will not fit. The lug pattern on the TL is 5x114.3.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:52 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TripnCL
Enkei RS6
18X7Silver 5:100/112, 38mm offset

Anyone know if it will fit on 02 TL?

My bad its 5x114
18X7Silver 5:100/114, 38mm offset
Old 02-07-2007, 12:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
while 1 member states a +38 fits, most of us have had rubbing issues with +42. I would look for a different wheel with a offset higher than +42
Old 02-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
while 1 member states a +38 fits, most of us have had rubbing issues with +42. I would look for a different wheel with a offset higher than +42
Thanks fsttyms!
Old 02-07-2007, 01:36 PM
Banned

My rims don't rub. 18x7.5 +38 offset , Tein Basics drop 3.5" front, 2.75" back. BELIEVE IT OR NOT
Old 02-08-2007, 01:13 AM
III
prototype

^
i believe it, i've got tein ss to the lowest, 18x8 +38 18x9 +35, no rubs. that +42 bs is just that.... bs

its gettin kinda tiring to see the wrong info being spread bout wheels...

(note before anyone starts crying, my rear fenders are rolled. fronts are untouched. previous wheels were 18x7.5 et38 w/ untouched fenders f/r)

Old 02-08-2007, 03:40 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by III
^
my rear fenders are rolled.
And I'll bet you're at spec on camber too huh?
Old 02-08-2007, 07:39 AM
III
prototype

^
i'd take a pic just for you if i had a camera right now. it'll pass the yearly inspection down here, if that does you any justice. and recon as well, give or take a real slight adjustment. (being it that you're from hawaii im sure you're knowledgeable with that)

you can have a look at it yourself in person, in fact.

its just that everytime someone asks bout the specs of a rim it's always "no tha's too much, no tha's too low of an offset" when really it'll fit just fine... and most of the people who ask bout these wheels are on H&R sport springs on top of that, not even that low

yet they always get responses saying the fitments wont work... they clearly will, if more people gave it a try instead of being a buncha sheep and just posting what everyone else says.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:42 AM
III
prototype

not the best pic, but do you see a camber problem here??
Old 02-08-2007, 09:26 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by III
^
i believe it, i've got tein ss to the lowest, 18x8 +38 18x9 +35, no rubs. that +42 bs is just that.... bs

its gettin kinda tiring to see the wrong info being spread bout wheels...

(note before anyone starts crying, my rear fenders are rolled. fronts are untouched. previous wheels were 18x7.5 et38 w/ untouched fenders f/r)

And ive tried a 18x8 +38 (granted the tire was a 235) and it stuck out of the fender and rubbed like mad and i wasn't lowered. The rim it self was clearly just past the fender line so it wouldn't have mattered if i had a 205 on it, it still sould have rubbed.

Why is it that most people with any thing under a +45 start running into rubbing issues?? Its not BS. Most people dont want to have to have their fenders rolled. not every one wants 215/35 just to help keep it from rubbing.
Originally Posted by III

yet they always get responses saying the fitments wont work... they clearly will, if more people gave it a try instead of being a buncha sheep and just posting what everyone else says.
The info given out has been from members who have tried and what worked and didn't work (including myself) so dont just start assuming and saying that it will for every one.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:31 AM
Banned

Why is it that most people with any thing under a +45 start running into rubbing issues?? Its not BS. Most people dont want to have to have their fenders rolled. not every one wants 215/35 just to help keep it from rubbing.
I got rid of my 215/35/18s and put on some 225/40s and they still dont rub.... and i also have a camber kit on with almost perfect camber, good alignment. Like i have said before, maybe it just depends on the wheels. Atleast i know im not the only one here with a +38 offset and dont rub at all. Well i also rolled the front and back fenders and cut tabs out, but there was no big deal about that. Got it done and helped a lot. If people dont want to try it then they are one of the many people out there limiting themselves to certain wheels
Old 02-08-2007, 04:16 PM
III
prototype

you're telling me that your fenders are that much different than mine??

all im saying is that when everyone's telling someone that +41.999 aint gonna fit anymore cause it's gotta be 42 or higher, it's not 100% true by any means. you can go a bunch lower, and hell if you like the set of wheels that much but they're less than 42, find a way to make em fit. sure that's not gonna happen with 20x12's, but for a more realistic lookin/sounding fit, give it a shot.

quote:
And ive tried a 18x8 +38 (granted the tire was a 235) and it stuck out of the fender and rubbed like mad and i wasn't lowered. The rim it self was clearly just past the fender line so it wouldn't have mattered if i had a 205 on it, it still sould have rubbed

my 18x8 +38 fronts have 215-40-18's on em now without a single problem.. so this i dont understand. were your shocks fully shot or something?? in the pic above the rim is 18x8 +38 and it's not sticking out past the fender at all....
Old 02-08-2007, 05:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by III
you're telling me that your fenders are that much different than mine??

all im saying is that when everyone's telling someone that +41.999 aint gonna fit anymore cause it's gotta be 42 or higher, it's not 100% true by any means. you can go a bunch lower, and hell if you like the set of wheels that much but they're less than 42, find a way to make em fit. sure that's not gonna happen with 20x12's, but for a more realistic lookin/sounding fit, give it a shot.

my 18x8 +38 fronts have 215-40-18's on em now without a single problem.. so this i dont understand. were your shocks fully shot or something?? in the pic above the rim is 18x8 +38 and it's not sticking out past the fender at all....
Well for starters every wheel may not be manufactured the same (which may be where some haven't had issues).
2nd i wouldn't want a 215. its too narrow for me. Id much rather have a wider wheel like a 225 or 235
Tell me why most that have tried 42s have had rubbing issues. Some have cleared it up by trimming the tabs, some still rub.

No my shocks weren't shot. But sticking out that much they are going to rub, and how could it not, if the rim itself sits out just PAST the fender line??? Maybe you drive like a grandma? and don't hit big bumps, but i drive aggressively and have not so good roads (some times the car even sees off road) and they rubbed.
I would much rather have a wheel that fit Correctly with out having to roll fenders and worry about rubbing, as do most looking. Which is why we SUGGEST finding a offset closer to factory specs.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
235/40/18 before, 225/40/18 now on 18x7.5 +42 lowered on Tein SS, one finger gap all around.

Rubbed like a sumbitch. I couldn't even make it down the street without rubbing. I had to cut the tabs, and roll the fenders in the rear, and cut and tuck the fender liners in the front.

Even still, under heavy cornering with just one passenger in the front, the rear rubs... but by heavy cornering, I mean making a 90-degree turn at about 70 mph.

Kris is right. Not all wheels are manufactured the same. I mean, we ARE talking about millimeters here. Still, it's good basis to go by. Honestly, for everyday driving on a lowered car, I just wouldn't go lower than 40 or so on a 7.5" wide wheel.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:31 PM
DECEPTICON

The info given out has been from members who have tried and what worked and didn't work (including myself) so dont just start assuming and saying that it will for every one.[/QUOTE]

Old 02-08-2007, 11:18 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Let's all get something straight. Our objective to provide everyone with correct fitment is based upon the ability to bolt on your new set of wheels WITHOUT having to re-engineer sheetmetal. Not everyone here is willing, or has the know-how to accomplish these fender modifications so we take this into consideration when a recommendation is made.
If we based all fitment on the fact that modifications were necessary, we would be recommending crap like this.

So keep this in mind when anyone feels like calling bullshit on a recommendation made here.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:17 AM
Banned

I agree with you Lawaia, but what we are trying to say as well is that it IS possible to fit a +38 or lower on our cars. Modifications or not, we were just stating that it is possible. For those other ppl who rather not modify the fenders then thats fine, more power to them.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:45 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by RidinDurty
For those other ppl who rather not modify the fenders then thats fine, more power to them.
70% of those seeking wheel fitment advice has no intentions of having any fender mods done.

My rims don't rub. 18x7.5 +38 offset , Tein Basics drop 3.5" front, 2.75" back. BELIEVE IT OR NOT
Then we get posts like this, calling bullshit about fitment advise from others. Yet, you clearly and blatently left out the fact that you had to roll your fenders to eliminate the rub. Oh yeah, now I see your point.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:34 AM
III
prototype

lemme go over something real simple here... my front fenders are NOT altered in any way, they've never been touched. 18x8 +38 fits in them just fine, they're nowhere NEAR sticking out past the fender. that's regarding just the rim.... that has nothing to do with the tire size, as you stated earlier fsttyms1...

i understand the want/need for different tire sizes depending on who wants what, but im not talking about that. you're saying the 8 wide +38's stuck out past the fender... im wondering how that can be. if you measure an 8" wide rim off the tire with a ruler, it's more than 8"... so either you got a rim marked with completely the wrong size or.. shit i dunno

i dunno why some you guys are taking such offense to this... or so it seems. im (and ridindurty too, to an extent) simply saying more aggressive fitting wheels than 7.5 +45's WILL fit... without "altering sheetmetal", at least from what ive seen.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:40 AM
III
prototype

Originally Posted by Lawaia
70% of those seeking wheel fitment advice has no intentions of having any fender mods done.

Then we get posts like this, calling bullshit about fitment advise from others. Yet, you clearly and blatently left out the fact that you had to roll your fenders to eliminate the rub. Oh yeah, now I see your point.
for the record, this shouldnt apply to me because ive stated before that my rear fenders have been rolled to fit 9 +35's.

so whas the deal sir, are you really from honolulu, hawaii?? i'd be more than happy to show you the setup in real life, and even take you for a ride around the block, you can sit in the front or the back, i dont care....

since you appear to be such a big disbeliever in this whole ordeal.... and somewhat of an immature one at that. i mean cmon there's no need for the sarcasm and rolleyes face, is there?

hell maybe i got some lucky awkward TL with fenders thatre a litte more forgiving... i dunno, seriously. but from what i've seen thru friends down here, a lot more than 7.5 +42's will work without hassle.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:44 AM
III
prototype

Well for starters every wheel may not be manufactured the same (which may be where some haven't had issues).
2nd i wouldn't want a 215. its too narrow for me. Id much rather have a wider wheel like a 225 or 235
Tell me why most that have tried 42s have had rubbing issues. Some have cleared it up by trimming the tabs, some still rub.

No my shocks weren't shot. But sticking out that much they are going to rub, and how could it not, if the rim itself sits out just PAST the fender line??? Maybe you drive like a grandma? and don't hit big bumps, but i drive aggressively and have not so good roads (some times the car even sees off road) and they rubbed.
I would much rather have a wheel that fit Correctly with out having to roll fenders and worry about rubbing, as do most looking. Which is why we SUGGEST finding a offset closer to factory specs.
understandable, and well put. yet "suggesting" is different from some comments i see (not specifically from you) saying basically "no it wont work too big try again"

thas what im getting at. and i hope that people who post up with such questions as these decide to go a step further and TRY setups beyond what's said to work and what's not... they hopefully can/will decide whether extra work is needed and worth it for them. rolling fenders is no problem to me... tha's just me. its personal preference overall, correct??

and btw, no grandma driving here. unless traffic makes me do so
Old 02-09-2007, 07:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

Let's all get something straight. Our objective to provide everyone with correct fitment is based upon the ability to bolt on your new set of wheels WITHOUT having to re-engineer sheetmetal. Not everyone here is willing, or has the know-how to accomplish these fender modifications so we take this into consideration when a recommendation is made.
If we based all fitment on the fact that modifications were necessary, we would be recommending crap like this.

So keep this in mind when anyone feels like calling bullshit on a recommendation made here.
This is the ugliest TL I've seen to date(sorry for whoever car this is, but str8 up what was on your mind)
Old 02-09-2007, 09:11 AM
Banned

Bro i never said it was bullshit.. why are you accusing me of shit i didnt even say? Either way, with or without fender modification, according to fsttyms1 the rim itself should be sticking outside the fender. Meaning that it is impossible to use that rim at all unless you jack up the car. I simply said that my rims are low offset and still dont rub and it IS possible to have a low offset wheel and make it work. AND i later posted that i DID have some fender work.... I understand you are trying to prove a point with me that supposedly i didnt mention my fender work on purpose? wtf...

Anyways, the main point here is that it all depends on the damn wheels. Not all of them are manufactured the same and apparently some +38 wheels WILL fit and some WONT. I was fine with people not believing me at first but when this same subject gets brought up from time to time by the same people it does get very annoying. BELIEVE IT OR NOT YOU ARE NOT ALWAYS RIGHT
Old 02-09-2007, 09:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Guys like we said the whole point is is we are recommending to people not to get certain offsets just to eliminate problems. Most of us have been here lon enough to have see what didnt work for people. We dont want to tell some one sure go ahead and get teh rim you looking at and it wont rub when its a close call. Some have forgone our recommendations with +42s and rubbed. The key is not every one wants to do fender work. Many want something that they can just bolt on and not worry. WE never said a +42 or lower wouldnt fit (unless its really wide) we usually just say that we would recommend something with a higher offset.

Originally Posted by III
lemme go over something real simple here... my front fenders are NOT altered in any way, they've never been touched. 18x8 +38 fits in them just fine, they're nowhere NEAR sticking out past the fender. that's regarding just the rim.... that has nothing to do with the tire size, as you stated earlier fsttyms1...

i understand the want/need for different tire sizes depending on who wants what, but im not talking about that. you're saying the 8 wide +38's stuck out past the fender... im wondering how that can be. if you measure an 8" wide rim off the tire with a ruler, it's more than 8"... so either you got a rim marked with completely the wrong size or.. shit i dunno
Well i tried a known fitment rim. It was 18x8 +38 235/40/18 tire. The rim lip itself was a solid 1/8+ past the fender line. The tire was even further. It didnt fit. It rubbed. It stuck out. Personal experience tells me not to use that size nor recommend it.

Im happy for you that you have a 18x8 +38 with out any rubbing. Your rare. Like stated above you by Pure Adrenaline said. He had a 7.5 and Rubbed like a sumbitch. Thats the typical response from people who use +42 and why we dont recommend it.

If people are aware that they will have to do fender modifications we dont say hey dont do it. Im all for it. Hell Id like to see a 255 on our cars. Id do it in a heart beat if i felt like modding my fenders to do it. But i dont. as is the case with most just looking for a set of rims and normal tires to bolt on and not have to do any thing.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:59 PM
III
prototype

in that case i wonder how that may be... that one car's got issues with 7.5 with low offset while another can be ok

seriously

fstty might i ask exactly what wheel that was?? brand/make/etc
Old 02-09-2007, 02:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Most do have issues. Thats what we have been trying to get at and why we Recommend a higher offset. Tire size also plays a factor. Not all 225/235 are the same or have the same tier edge profile. Some are more rounded some are more square

This was the brand wheel

Old 02-09-2007, 10:43 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by III
since you appear to be such a big disbeliever in this whole ordeal.... and somewhat of an immature one at that. i mean cmon there's no need for the sarcasm and rolleyes face, is there?
I dunno....you tell me?
Originally Posted by III
Never have I personally told you or called bullshit on your fitment. Although I have questioned the state of rear camber on your ride. Don't think there's any hate in any of my statements directed towards you. Take a breath and slow down....it's only the internet.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Bro i never said it was bullshit.. why are you accusing me of shit i didnt even say? Either way, with or without fender modification, according to fsttyms1 the rim itself should be sticking outside the fender. Meaning that it is impossible to use that rim at all unless you jack up the car. I simply said that my rims are low offset and still dont rub and it IS possible to have a low offset wheel and make it work. AND i later posted that i DID have some fender work.... I understand you are trying to prove a point with me that supposedly i didnt mention my fender work on purpose? wtf...

Anyways, the main point here is that it all depends on the damn wheels. Not all of them are manufactured the same and apparently some +38 wheels WILL fit and some WONT. I was fine with people not believing me at first but when this same subject gets brought up from time to time by the same people it does get very annoying. BELIEVE IT OR NOT YOU ARE NOT ALWAYS RIGHT
I'm not arguing the fact that we can't make +38 offset wheels fit, you and several others have proven that it can be done. But it is impossible WITHOUT re-engineering sheetmetal. That's the whole premise behind my posts.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:52 AM
III
prototype

I dunno....you tell me?

Never have I personally told you or called bullshit on your fitment. Although I have questioned the state of rear camber on your ride. Don't think there's any hate in any of my statements directed towards you. Take a breath and slow down....it's only the internet.
read back man, i've been straightforward on the facts throughout this.. not blaming any specific individual. my wheels are what they are and they fit/work. i dont have the most expensive magical components to make it work, they just do. you still havent answered as to whether or not you're located in honolulu like your info says.... 'cause if so i'd seriously like you to take a look at it and then you can tell me what you think. when i speak of "immature" statements i was referring to the post replying to ridindurty. just seemed unnessecary to me... esp. coming from a moderator of the forums.

like you said, it's "just the internet"... it's also just a place where anyone can read up on info that may not nessecarily be 100% true, example being wheel fitments for a 2G TL.

Old 02-10-2007, 06:54 AM
III
prototype

Most do have issues. Thats what we have been trying to get at and why we Recommend a higher offset. Tire size also plays a factor. Not all 225/235 are the same or have the same tier edge profile. Some are more rounded some are more square

This was the brand wheel

if tha's the wheel on your car w/ the fenders showing, tha's odd to me indeed. i mean yeah the tires are donuts too but shiz.

mille miglia evo's.. i had those on 19x8 on a mk4 gti a couple yrs back... (was a loaner vehicle)....
Old 02-10-2007, 11:29 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by imagerockone
It will not fit. The lug pattern on the TL is 5x114.3.
haha i have a bear of him in my car ill show u a pic later, hes my best car buddy. haha
Old 02-10-2007, 12:46 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by III
read back man, i've been straightforward on the facts throughout this.. not blaming any specific individual. my wheels are what they are and they fit/work. i dont have the most expensive magical components to make it work, they just do. you still havent answered as to whether or not you're located in honolulu like your info says.... 'cause if so i'd seriously like you to take a look at it and then you can tell me what you think. when i speak of "immature" statements i was referring to the post replying to ridindurty. just seemed unnessecary to me... esp. coming from a moderator of the forums.

like you said, it's "just the internet"... it's also just a place where anyone can read up on info that may not nessecarily be 100% true, example being wheel fitments for a 2G TL.

I've made my point very clear, and to continue arguing with you is like

Like I said, my recommendations will always be based around the premise that someone can take a set of wheels/tires and bolt them up with NO sheetmetal modifications. and yet be within OEM specs.

And yes I'm in Honolulu. PM me if you wanna talk.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:02 PM
03 TL Type S Noble Green

need help with tire size

I bought a set of A spec wheels 18X8. I know the tire size is 235/40/18 factory.
I was looking here for information and some people are using 225's Rubbing issues?
This will be on a 2003 Type s
I know the offset may be too low but, I have them and like them.
Which tire size would be ideal for my set up?

Thanks
Old 02-12-2007, 01:42 AM
III
prototype

what is the offset for the a-specs??

im pretty sure they'll be alright. i dont have 225-40's on my 8 wides though, but perhaps ridindurty does.

i know my 215-40's dont rub at all tho
Old 02-12-2007, 10:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
I don't know why these posts still get people debating "what will fit". Our guide at the top is a recommendation, not a law. I'm sure Ridin Durty / III / other 808 members have really low offsets with wide rims to fit. We don't doubt that.

However, we will say that most people who are novices at modifying their cars don't want to go through the hassle of "making things fit" (ie bolt on and no worries). If you knew what you're doing, why are you posting here to ask, "What will fit", right? I'm sure someone can fit a 19 x 10.5 ET23 (eg Volk GT-M) rim on their car -- but do you want to go through the troubles of fender work (widebody) modification or huge negative camber (ie 'tucked in' look)?

And having to compromise with skinny tires (215/40/18 is over 2.7% smaller than OEM size -- on the border of acceptable) -- sure it can be done, but your car will have increased mileage and your handling will be decreased due to decreased contact patch. But it all depends on what you want -- looks / handling / or both?? This is what the owner has to decide what they want out of their rims.

And to those who say "xxx will fit, don't listen to the other guys" ... some people don't have the money to made mods / change rims if the ones they bought don't fit. A lot of shops do not take back rims if you order them. Would you feel OK if some guy dropped $2k on rims just to find out they don't work on his car? And now he has to sell them at a loss even though he never used them?

Let's not post any more stuff to confuse any future readers. Take the guide for what it's worth. Listen to the mods or listen to the guys who say "xxx will fit". It's up to you -- take our advice just like any else on the internet.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by derrick
I don't know why these posts still get people debating "what will fit". Our guide at the top is a recommendation, not a law. I'm sure Ridin Durty / III / other 808 members have really low offsets with wide rims to fit. We don't doubt that.

However, we will say that most people who are novices at modifying their cars don't want to go through the hassle of "making things fit" (ie bolt on and no worries). If you knew what you're doing, why are you posting here to ask, "What will fit", right? I'm sure someone can fit a 19 x 10.5 ET23 (eg Volk GT-M) rim on their car -- but do you want to go through the troubles of fender work (widebody) modification or huge negative camber (ie 'tucked in' look)?

And having to compromise with skinny tires (215/40/18 is over 2.7% smaller than OEM size -- on the border of acceptable) -- sure it can be done, but your car will have increased mileage and your handling will be decreased due to decreased contact patch. But it all depends on what you want -- looks / handling / or both?? This is what the owner has to decide what they want out of their rims.

And to those who say "xxx will fit, don't listen to the other guys" ... some people don't have the money to made mods / change rims if the ones they bought don't fit. A lot of shops do not take back rims if you order them. Would you feel OK if some guy dropped $2k on rims just to find out they don't work on his car? And now he has to sell them at a loss even though he never used them?

Let's not post any more stuff to confuse any future readers. Take the guide for what it's worth. Listen to the mods or listen to the guys who say "xxx will fit". It's up to you -- take our advice just like any else on the internet.
I agree with you and anyone else that has these same comments. The only argument I had was when people told me that i must be lying about my offset or that it's just not possible to have a +38 rim. I totally agree with the fact that not everybody wants to modify their cars to make the rims fit. It actually makes more sense to buy something that gives you less hassle to make it work. BUT, i couldn't resist lol I saw the rims and decided to buy them either way. I just said "i'll make that shit work" haha only because i have no problem working on cars.

I would also recommend people to read the guide and listen to others according to the specific offsets that will fit our cars with no problems. I am just here to say that if you have the knowledge, time and money, you could definitely make low offset wheels work. I personally LOVE the deep dish look. If it doesn't have a lip 2 1/2" or bigger then i won't buy it .
Old 02-14-2007, 02:52 AM
III
prototype

^
i like lips.

haha